Options

Important Cancelation Notice for Sacramento and Las Vegas

Comments

• Options
    droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,341
    Sitting at the airport bar and check the boards just to see this notice. Glad I saw this before I boarded a cross country flight.

Truly, gutted.

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,213
    pjhawks said:
    This sucks for all the people holding tickets to those shows and especially those travelling to the shows.  I wonder if there is anything else to do in Vegas :wink:   Now to get political a bit, I really hope they are not testing asymptomatic people.  It really makes no sense to test asymptomatic people at this point.  And yes I am prepared for the blowback starting....
    in the general public, that would be correct. but when operating a travelling circus in a bubble that is a massive money making/losing machine, it makes perfect sense. one asymptomatic person not knowing they are positive passes it to someone else, and so on, and so on. that asymptomatic person tests positive and isolates, the chain is cut off. 
    I get that but sports aren't testing anymore unless people are symptomatic.  I just think it doesn't make sense at this time.  You are just setting yourself up for failure at this point.  I get that it's highly contagious but the fact is if you are vaccinated even if you get it you are most likely going to be fine.  
  • Options
    BE9456BE9456 Posts: 145
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    This sucks for all the people holding tickets to those shows and especially those travelling to the shows.  I wonder if there is anything else to do in Vegas :wink:   Now to get political a bit, I really hope they are not testing asymptomatic people.  It really makes no sense to test asymptomatic people at this point.  And yes I am prepared for the blowback starting....
    in the general public, that would be correct. but when operating a travelling circus in a bubble that is a massive money making/losing machine, it makes perfect sense. one asymptomatic person not knowing they are positive passes it to someone else, and so on, and so on. that asymptomatic person tests positive and isolates, the chain is cut off. 
    I get that but sports aren't testing anymore unless people are symptomatic.  I just think it doesn't make sense at this time.  You are just setting yourself up for failure at this point.  I get that it's highly contagious but the fact is if you are vaccinated even if you get it you are most likely going to be fine.  
    "most likely"
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    pjhawks said:

I dont even understand why they’re getting tested at all —this didn’t happen with any band last year on tour.

I could be very wrong, but I believe they're living in a somewhat Ticketmaster/Promoter mandated "bubble" which includes daily testing, similar to what the NFL and NBA had been doing until they switched to a "test if symptomatic" only system after how many asymptomatic positives were resulting
    That's just begging to get things cancelled 

My son had a positive case in his class so we were forced to test him for him to go to school.  He tested positive and was forced to stay home for the week.  He was fine, had no symptoms other than allergies which he always has.  We wouldn't have tested him in 100 years and would have never thought he would have covid. 
  • Options
    davidosdavidos Posts: 468
    I know from first hand experience that the band and crew were in a VERY tight bubble trying to keep Covid away… you could not get anywhere backstage without a Covid test on the spot… this new variant is a sneaky Fu@k.  Until we get to a point where it’s treated like a common cold then this will keep happening… we will all get Covid 2-3x a year because reinfection is a reality. The shots don’t do anything to keep you from getting infected and there is no built up immunity from previous versions.
  • Options
    vitodacatvitodacat Posts: 469
    Was literally at JFK airport getting ready to board my flight in 20 minutes when I saw the cancellation news.  Thought about going anyway but made the difficult decision to go to the gate agent and tell him I wasn't getting on the flight.  Just a giant pit my stomach, devastated.   Hopefully no issues with MSG or Nashville, which I'm supposed to go to.

Feel better Matt and Jeff !!

*Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0003

wont let the light escape from me
    wont let the darkness swallow me
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,148
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

There’s a lot more money due to tv commitments in sports, and the major leagues are not testing. PJ is older so there is a bit more risk, but Covid is not going anywhere, so not sure how a band that tests moves forward from here regarding touring.
  • Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,545
    I send get well wishes to Matt and Jeff, this just sucks. They all are vaccinated, but due to being on the move, in stadiums with tens of thousands of people, with no checking for vaccination status, no mask policies strongly implemented, this was inevitable. I'm so grateful to have seen the boys at the second LA show, it was just awesome. But in the back of my mind, I wondered if some shows might be canceled due to Covid infection rates growing. BTW, I wore my mask during the entire show.

To those of you thinking Covid is just a cold, you're being selfish, ignorant, and assholish. People who are vaccinated can still get infected, but the symptoms are not as bad or require hospitalization in 95% of the breakthrough cases. To those asking why a full-out cancelation. Do you expect them to just simply reschedule two shows that were already postponed 2 years ago, and cross their fingers that they don't have to postpone or cancel again due to someone getting sick again? No, unfortunately, a cancellation was the right decision. I just wish them well and look forward to seeing Ed at Ohana in September for my birthday!
    Sacramento and LV were add on shows when they came out with the new dates a couple months ago.
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,077
    pjhawks said:
    Agree 100%. 
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,632
    edited May 2022

Cancelling was the only correct move.  It will likely be years before they make their way out to California again.  If they didn't cancel, then they would have just felt the wrath of people mad that their "tickets are being held hostage!" 
    Post edited by Sea on
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    I drove 11 hours down to sac cause they skipped seattle on this tour. I wish ed, Stone and Mike would have done an accoustic set. Canceling right as the merc truck was setting up shop and 50-100 people in line is not a good look. I can guarantee nobody would have been upset to see just those 3 instead tons of dejected pearl jam fans around golden 1 looking like their puppy just died or drinking themselves silly in bars around the arena. Many from Wa state went to this show cause it was the closest. Ultimately this fucked over (not blaming them) thier home town fans. If the show was in seattle this cancelation would still suck but not as bad cause its a short drive- driving 11 hours for nothing is not fucking cool or paying for flights and hotels for those that dont have family down here
    Post edited by Getoutofmyfuckinface on
  • Options
    MissMay82MissMay82 Posts: 10
    DEGBTI said:
    MGM Park just gave me full refund even though it was too late per policy. So mention the cancellation to your hotels if not there yet. They already knew about it and 
    I can confirm as MGM Signature just gave me a full refund also! 
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,804
    Damn this sucks.  Be well everyone 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    lastexit78lastexit78 Posts: 615
    MayDay10 said:
    pjhawks said:

I dont even understand why they’re getting tested at all —this didn’t happen with any band last year on tour.

I could be very wrong, but I believe they're living in a somewhat Ticketmaster/Promoter mandated "bubble" which includes daily testing, similar to what the NFL and NBA had been doing until they switched to a "test if symptomatic" only system after how many asymptomatic positives were resulting
    That's just begging to get things cancelled 

My son had a positive case in his class so we were forced to test him for him to go to school.  He tested positive and was forced to stay home for the week.  He was fine, had no symptoms other than allergies which he always has.  We wouldn't have tested him in 100 years and would have never thought he would have covid. 
    Same here, my son is fine but the district telling us he can’t return til next Tuesday. Even though the science clearly says you are most infectious 2 days prior to infection and then another few days. All of which have passed. My wife and I fought off the dreaded Covid in a few days. I won’t go back to masks and fear, living with Covid doesn’t mean trying to outrun it because you can’t. I’m done buying tickets to anything, sports, musicals, concerts in advance. Just not worth it, I’m fine doing things on the fly til society learn to actually live with Covid. By the way not criticizing the band, sounds like Matt had symptoms and you can’t drum feeling like crap. Other bands have completed tours, this was just awful luck. 
    06/22/95, 11/04/95, 11/15/97, 07/16/98, 10/30/99, 10/30/00, 10/31/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/08/02, 06/01/03, 06/06/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 09/28/04, 03/18/05, 09/01/05, 07/15/06, 07/16/06, 07/18/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 10/21/06, 10/22/06, 08/28/09, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 05/20/10, 05/21/10, 10/24/10, 11/26/13, 12/06/13, 06/28/14, 10/26/14, 07/10/18, 08/10/18, 10/02/21, 
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,208
    PJcures said:
    For those already in Vegas with the unfortunate news of the cancellation, I have two Blue Man Group tickets for tomorrow that I won't be using since I just cancelled my flight.  If anyone wants them for free since I can't get a refund, send me a PM and I'll transfer them to you. 
    very cool of you to do.
  • Options
    The thing I’m most frustrated about is the lack of communication from 10 club and management. Has there been an email? I haven’t seen one. Basically if you didn’t check their website or this forum you’d have no idea? Lack of communication as has come to be expected from this band and their management.
  • Options
    Luckytwn1Luckytwn1 Posts: 503
    The thing I’m most frustrated about is the lack of communication from 10 club and management. Has there been an email? I haven’t seen one. Basically if you didn’t check their website or this forum you’d have no idea? Lack of communication as has come to be expected from this band and their management.
    Yes, there have been emails to ticket holders. Why would they email people who don't have tickets for one of the impacted shows?
  • Options
    MD190661MD190661 Posts: 348
    edited May 2022
    There was an email from 10 Club. Came about an hour ago. 
    10/1/94, 6/22/95, 6/24/95, 9/16/96, 7/22/98, 10/21/01, 6/1/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 9/1/05, 7/15/06, 7/18/06, 8/28/09, 10/07/09, 10/3/12, 11/26/13, 6/18/18, 8/10/18, 5/12/22, 5/13/22

• Options
    Luckytwn1 said:
    Yes, there have been emails to ticket holders. Why would they email people who don't have tickets for one of the impacted shows?
    I have tickets to Vegas. My friends have tickets to Vegas. None of us have gotten an email.
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,625
    Raleigh, Baltimore, Sacto an Vegas… we’re a few more cities away from a 2023 Un-Cancellation Tour. 
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    whitepantswhitepants Posts: 723
    JimmyV said:
    Matts3221 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Wishing Jeff and Matt a speedy recovery and am absolutely gutted for those that traveled and have tickets. 
    For those traveling this has to hurt. I feel bad , however I am reluctant to travel for shows now because of this. I am lucky to be right outside Boston so most major shows are coming thru here.

Being upset and angry is one thing however don’t shit on them because of Covid and whatever you believe ( as our flags sit at half mast following over 1 million deaths in just the US from this awful virus ) this is real and will keep being real for a very long time.

I’m sure there are some keyboard warriors that were so happy to make comments like “it’s just a cold “ ( it’s not ). Again ok to be upset and angry but not acting like a child or making ignorant statements on Covid.

✌️
    I'm right there with you. This thing just won't go away. We have a trip to the Ottawa show planned for September and will probably still go, but I'm not confident the show will happen. These guys are older and their health has to be a constant concern. It would be for me. This absolutely sucks. 
    They're only in their 50s and in top shape with access to VIP healthcare, 24/7/365 24 hours a day. 
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    This was by far the worst pj experience for me, i never thought anything would top the golden gate park concert in 1995. Ed sang a couple songs before he puked then disappeared back stage never to return. But we got two sets from neil young including a bunch of mirrorball tunes here in sac we are left holding our nutsacks. Some crazy fan was trying to tell me this was a great pearl jam experience not sure what drugs she was on. I guess talking to the crew guy made her day- more so than seeing the band you know actually play live
    Post edited by Getoutofmyfuckinface on
  • Options
    SpokenJeremySpokenJeremy Posts: 604
    We could see them moving the merch back into boxes inside the venue.  Come on.  
    Intelligence is the key and she was locked out

Let's Just Pop a Few Yards of Bubble Wrap and Call It a Day!

Don't Die Wondering

• Options
    devonfzdevonfz Posts: 145
    This really sucks I am not rich and now will be eating a $400 hotel room tonight I know it's nobody's fault but I am sure there are a ton of fans that are losing thousands of dollars traveling to these shows I guess it's the risks that we take
  • Options
    devonfzdevonfz Posts: 145
    It just really sucks..
  • Options
    curleybarneycurleybarney USA Posts: 157
    Luckytwn1 said:
    I have tickets to Vegas. My friends have tickets to Vegas. None of us have gotten an email.
    Bulk mail programs and email servers are funny things... Can take time. My emails just came through (one from Ten Club, one from Ticketmaster).
    Chicago, IL 07-19-2013 | Los Angeles, CA 11-23-2013 | Oakland, CA 11-26-2013 | St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014 | Bridge School 10-25-2014 | Ft. Lauderdale, FL 04-08-2016 | Miami, FL 04-09-2016 | TOTD San Francisco, CA 11/11/2016 | TOTD San Francisco, CA 11/12/2016 | Seattle, WA 08-08-2018 | Seattle, WA 08-10-2018 | EV & The Earthlings Ohana 09-24-2021 | EV & The Earthlings Ohana 09-25-2021 | Ohana 09-26-2021 | Los Angeles, CA 05-06-2022 | Los Angeles, CA 05-07-2022 | Oakland, CA 05-12-2022 | Oakland, CA 05-13-2022 | Austin, TX 09-18-2023 | Austin, TX 09-19-2023 Next: Sacramento, CA 05-13-2024 | Las Vegas, NV 05-16-2024 | Las Vegas, NV 05-18-2024 | Los Angeles, CA 05-21-2024 | Los Angeles, CA 05-22-2024
  • Options
    clarwillclarwill SE Idaho Posts: 3
    Super glad I saw the SD show now! I’m sure we’ll find something to occupy ourselves in Vegas!  But way bummed for sure!!!! 😩😞😩😞
  • Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,158
    edited May 2022
    I did not get an email but my apple wallet updated and said cancellation. I’m looking to eat hundreds of dollars in hotel fees. 3rd party booker won’t guarantee a refund unless I go ahead and cancel. So, I could cancel, not go, and still pay? Missed the deadline by two days. 

Maybe I’ll just go. Kind of weird going alone with no show to see, but I did have some good national parks tours set up. 

Positive thoughts to the band/crew and I hope they are all safe and healthy (or at least safe). Thank you for putting everything into trying to do the tour! They were really putting everything into trying.
    Post edited by CarryTheZero on
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,882
    edited May 2022
    One more night in the shittiest city I've been to in a long time (Oakland).  This was a risky tour to follow, or rental car being broken into twice didn't help, and I was so excited for the last 2 shows after Dave K's performance in Fresno.  Too much money, only 4 shows with the full band.  Luckily we were able to get a flight home tomorrow with miles and cancel my Vegas hotel at no cost.  Such a bummer, but we're going to have to cancel Europe and eat our 10C tickets too.  Just can't risk more money.  I'm sure the band feels just as bad as we do.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    This Gigaton tour is just cursed at this point  :D