Options

Important Cancelation Notice for Sacramento and Las Vegas

Comments

• Options
    Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658
    JimmyV said:
    Matts3221 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Wishing Jeff and Matt a speedy recovery and am absolutely gutted for those that traveled and have tickets. 
    For those traveling this has to hurt. I feel bad , however I am reluctant to travel for shows now because of this. I am lucky to be right outside Boston so most major shows are coming thru here.

Being upset and angry is one thing however don’t shit on them because of Covid and whatever you believe ( as our flags sit at half mast following over 1 million deaths in just the US from this awful virus ) this is real and will keep being real for a very long time.

I’m sure there are some keyboard warriors that were so happy to make comments like “it’s just a cold “ ( it’s not ). Again ok to be upset and angry but not acting like a child or making ignorant statements on Covid.

✌️
    I'm right there with you. This thing just won't go away. We have a trip to the Ottawa show planned for September and will probably still go, but I'm not confident the show will happen. These guys are older and their health has to be a constant concern. It would be for me. This absolutely sucks. 
    Honesty thinking of landing in Vegas today and finding this out I think I would honest be in tears. 

This is the true term of gutted , if it was drivable it would be ok like a huge bummer but ok. Like I would go to NYC , Montreal. Anything flying right now seems like a gamble of either the show gets canceled or flight gets canceled.
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,397
    edited May 2022
    this was such a stressor for my trip to seattle to see Jerry Cantrell May 2. He had to cancel a few shows here and there because of covid; I was lucky Seattle wasn't one of them. I will be VERY reluctant to travel for ANY show now in the age of Covid. It's just too much of a gamble. 

My wife and I briefly considered the vegas show too, but after we saw the "dynamic" prices, it was an easy no. So sorry to those who had tickets and who were travelling. 
    Dude I am having the worst luck. I wasn’t able to see Jerry either because he cancelled Atlanta. Rough go
    Raleigh in 2016, Jerry in Atlanta and now this? FUUUUUCK. I'm so sorry. 
    Thanks. I have Nashville PJ tickets too, so everyone sell those too if you don’t want my bad luck following you lol 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Feel really bad for those what were going to go, the band and the crew. 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,952
    Well that sucks for the band and everyone involved. Hope everyone stays healthy and those who do have it, don't have it too bad.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Total bummer.....my daughter was downtown and went to check out the merch tent at 1:00....said that they were breaking it down before selling anything when I called her to tell her the show had been cancelled...as she was walking away from the obviously disappointed merch staff (who were understandably a bit rude when she asked if anything was going to be sold--she is 17 yo for god's sake) some people in line were asking her what they were doing...she had the unfortunate duty of informing them that the show had been cancelled.  God damn Covid...the gift that keeps on giving...

I really am sorry for all of you that travelled to see the show here-Now that your night is open, can I recommend Tapa the World, Hook & Ladder, SacYard Community Tap House, Aioli Bodega, and Mikuni (downtown) for places to eat, drink and be merry....There are places on the Sacramento River - Rio City Cafe comes to mind.  Do not go to Joe's Crab Shack...just my personal experience.

If you are still interested in seeing music a band (person?) called Dorothy is playing at Ace of Spades ($25)  
    https://dorothyonfire.com/
    Listen to her on your music service....
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,822
    Total bummer.....my daughter was downtown and went to check out the merch tent at 1:00....said that they were breaking it down before selling anything when I called her to tell her the show had been cancelled...as she was walking away from the obviously disappointed merch staff (who were understandably a bit rude when she asked if anything was going to be sold--she is 17 yo for god's sake) some people in line were asking her what they were doing...she had the unfortunate duty of informing them that the show had been cancelled.  God damn Covid...the gift that keeps on giving...

I really am sorry for all of you that travelled to see the show here-Now that your night is open, can I recommend Tapa the World, Hook & Ladder, SacYard Community Tap House, Aioli Bodega, and Mikuni (downtown) for places to eat, drink and be merry....There are places on the Sacramento River - Rio City Cafe comes to mind.  Do not go to Joe's Crab Shack...just my personal experience.

If you are still interested in seeing music a band (person?) called Dorothy is playing at Ace of Spades ($25)  
    https://dorothyonfire.com/
    Listen to her on your music service....
    Thanks for the info I will check those out for sure
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,516
    this was such a stressor for my trip to seattle to see Jerry Cantrell May 2. He had to cancel a few shows here and there because of covid; I was lucky Seattle wasn't one of them. I will be VERY reluctant to travel for ANY show now in the age of Covid. It's just too much of a gamble. 

My wife and I briefly considered the vegas show too, but after we saw the "dynamic" prices, it was an easy no. So sorry to those who had tickets and who were travelling. 
    Drove to Buffalo & flew to Cleveland for Tool a couple months ago… I stressed to no end about it too.

After seeing all the shows get cancelled, I’m surprised & grateful Tool pulled it off. 
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,516

Dude I am having the worst luck. I wasn’t able to see Jerry either because he cancelled Atlanta. Rough go
    FuckIn brutal, I’m sorry. Drake
  • Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    Grateful to have made it to three shows; bummed my plans for Vegas are now out the window. Will probably still make the drive over to Vegas and try to make the best of this mini-vacation.

Sorry to everyone else who had tickets, especially those whose travel is more complicated than mine (I live 3 hours away). And especially sorry to the guys in the band/crew. I'm sure that it's not fun having your bandmates/brothers go down with the virus despite all of the precautions being taken. It's got to be frustrating as hell for them, and scary if either Jeff or Matt are struggling with symptoms.

After seeing the passion and energy the band put into the three shows I was able to attend, I'm certain it wasn't easy to make this decision, and I'm sure it's not one they take lightly.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,762
    Well at least those travelling to Vegas, are still in Vegas.  

Sacramento on the other hand....bummer.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    PJcuresPJcures Springfield, VA Posts: 51
    edited May 2022
    For those already in Vegas with the unfortunate news of the cancellation, I have two Blue Man Group tickets for tomorrow that I won't be using since I just cancelled my flight.  If anyone wants them for free since I can't get a refund, send me a PM and I'll transfer them to you. 
    Post edited by PJcures on
  • Options
    coachkeczcoachkecz Posts: 27
    I’m hearing the news just now, 14 hours before I’m due to head to the airport for my flight to Vegas. Not sure what to do at this point. 72 hours in Vegas would still be nice, but there’s gonna be an awfully big hole right in the middle. 😞
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,520
    I was just flying in Friday to Vegas and leaving the next day. No point in going for an overnight trip there unless I was going to the show, I got a hotel refund and a partial refund for the flight.
  • Options
    Redmosquito91Redmosquito91 Jackson, WY Posts: 48
    Well, Guess this is a different type of vacation now. Find me at the Tropicana pool drinking piña coladas. 

Hope the band feels better and here’s to Denver in Sept. 

Welp, if anyone organizes a meet up for everyone in vegas, shoot me a message. 
    Pittsburgh 4/26/03, State College 5/3/03, Reading 10/1/04, Toledo 10/2/04, Toronto 9/19/05, Pittsburgh 9/28/05, Cleveland 5/20/06, Pittsburgh 6/23/06, Cincinnati 6/24/06, Washington D.C. 6/22/08, Cleveland 5/9/10, Pittsburgh 10/11/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, Los Angeles 11/24/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Missoula 8/13/18, Denver 9/22/22, St. Paul 8/31/23, St. Paul 9/2/23
  • Options
    MD190661MD190661 Posts: 348
    edited May 2022
    Zod said:
    I wonder if he got it at Oakland.   I got a sore throat last night, had been testing negative every day since I got back. but this morning i tested positive.

So far I feel it was worth it to see some shows.  I feel bad for the bad.  You could tell at Oakland 2 Eddie was struggling with keeping the whole thing afloat.  I appreciate they kept trying, and I also feel bad for the fans that are travelling or about to travel to the cancelled shows :(
    Went with 2 different people for the 2 shows. Both have COVID. I don’t feel well, but keep testing negative, even pcr today. 
    Post edited by MD190661 on
    10/1/94, 6/22/95, 6/24/95, 9/16/96, 7/22/98, 10/21/01, 6/1/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 9/1/05, 7/15/06, 7/18/06, 8/28/09, 10/07/09, 10/3/12, 11/26/13, 6/18/18, 8/10/18, 5/12/22, 5/13/22

• Options
    Luckytwn1Luckytwn1 Posts: 503
    I was able to cancel the hotel in Vegas even though I was past the deadline and the flight money I'll just use another time. It's a bummer and for some of us who travel a lot for shows, there's going to be much more risk than there was in the past that the event may not happen.
  • Options
    matt84matt84 Posts: 603
    Sucks for those going. On a purely selfish note as someone who is seeing them in Europe - it’s good that Matt and Jeff got it before the European leg.
  • Options
    azangrilliazangrilli Posts: 3
    Just landed in Vegas and got the news. Heartbroken.  Anyone here already and  want to meet up and drink our disappointment away? I'm at the Linq. This would have been my 14th show.  
  • Options
    heartofadogheartofadog Portland, OR Posts: 352
    The degree to which COVID has changed/decimated the music industry can't be overstated. I do not know how bands will be able to tour extensively/effectively at any point in the next year at least unless they simply disregard testing and only postpone/cancel if someone is symptomatic. Obviously I have no inside information but the guys in this band are in their mid/late '50s, and touring less was probably going to happen anyway, who knows what that will look like in the midst of/the wake of this. I know that in the (relatively) short term, it will change the way fans approach traveling to see shows, which in the case of Pearl Jam specifically could have a pretty significant impact. 

Feel absolutely terrible for the band, crew, and fans, especially those who traveled. Hopefully in the big picture this is just a little blip but it's difficult, at least for me, not to worry about whether or not there will be many more opportunities to see this band play.
    1993: Portland, OR (09/06), Seattle, WA (12/07), Seattle, WA (12/08), Seattle, WA (12/09)
    1995: Seattle, WA (02/05)
    1996: Seattle, WA (09/16)
    1997:
    Oakland, CA (11/19)
    1998:
    Portland, OR (07/18), Seattle, WA (07/21), Seattle, WA (07/22)
    2000: Bellingham, WA (05/10), Vancouver, BC (05/11), Mountain View, CA (10/31), Portland, OR (11/02), Seattle, WA (11/05), Seattle, WA (11/06)
    2002: Seattle, WA (12/05), Seattle, WA (12/06), Seattle, WA (12/08), Seattle, WA (12/09)
    2003: Vancouver, BC (5/30), Seattle, WA (10/22), 
    2006: Portland, OR (07/20)
    2009: Berlin, DE (08/15), Seattle, WA (9/21), Seattle, WA (9/22)
    2010: Berlin, DE (06/30)
    2013: Los Angeles, CA (11/23), Los Angeles, CA (11/24), Portland, OR (11/29), Spokane, WA (11/30)
    2018: Seattle, WA (08/10)
    2022: Seattle, WA (2/22), New York, NY (9/10), New York, NY (9/11), Camden, NJ (9/14), Denver, CO (9/22)
    2023: St. Paul, MN (8/31), St. Paul, MN (9/02)
  • Options
    JR86440JR86440 Posts: 739
    843ba said:
    843ba said:
    So are the band members not vaccinated? If not, why not & how is that fair to fans?
    Lol…you seriously think vaccinated people don’t get Covid?

I think you can, but the chances are slim if your careful. Just asking since both got it.

“Being careful” has nothing to do with it.  It’s a highly contagious airborne virus.  And I’m sure they’ll both be fine.
    Exactly. Who knows if they even have symptoms.sports teams were losing players because testing positive with no symptoms. Couldn’t play in the game. The more contagious this gets, the better. Virus weakens. Just because it is still called covid, people get nervous. 
  • Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 927
    MGM Park just gave me full refund even though it was too late per policy. So mention the cancellation to your hotels if not there yet. They already knew about it and were cool.
  • Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,159
    So full cancellation. Ughh. Please be safe and get healthy band!

Supposed to fly out tomorrow. Not sure I can cancel the hotel. Guess I’ll try, otherwise, guess I’ll go on a trip and see some stuff.
  • Options
    browngwbrowngw Posts: 113
    matt84 said:
    Sucks for those going. On a purely selfish note as someone who is seeing them in Europe - it’s good that Matt and Jeff got it before the European leg.
    We are flying to Europe from DFW to see the Vienna and Prague shows and I have zero faith that these shows will happen.  Especially the later dates on the European leg.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,213
    This sucks for all the people holding tickets to those shows and especially those travelling to the shows.  I wonder if there is anything else to do in Vegas :wink:   Now to get political a bit, I really hope they are not testing asymptomatic people.  It really makes no sense to test asymptomatic people at this point.  And yes I am prepared for the blowback starting....
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,836
    pjhawks said:
    This sucks for all the people holding tickets to those shows and especially those travelling to the shows.  I wonder if there is anything else to do in Vegas :wink:   Now to get political a bit, I really hope they are not testing asymptomatic people.  It really makes no sense to test asymptomatic people at this point.  And yes I am prepared for the blowback starting....
    in the general public, that would be correct. but when operating a travelling circus in a bubble that is a massive money making/losing machine, it makes perfect sense. one asymptomatic person not knowing they are positive passes it to someone else, and so on, and so on. that asymptomatic person tests positive and isolates, the chain is cut off. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Little ItalyLittle Italy Rochester, NY Posts: 404
    pjhawks said:

I dont even understand why they’re getting tested at all —this didn’t happen with any band last year on tour.

"he who forgets-will be destined to remember"
  • Options
    julieferjuliefer New Westminster, BC Posts: 386
    edited May 2022
    coachkecz said:
    I’m hearing the news just now, 14 hours before I’m due to head to the airport for my flight to Vegas. Not sure what to do at this point. 72 hours in Vegas would still be nice, but there’s gonna be an awfully big hole right in the middle. 😞
    This happened to me the year that Ed had a solo tour that he had to postpone. Our Vegas flights and hotel were non-refundable so we went anyway and did some other stuff. It was an ok trip, but weird to go and not have the concert as the focal point.
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,632
    pjhawks said:

I dont even understand why they’re getting tested at all —this didn’t happen with any band last year on tour.

I could be very wrong, but I believe they're living in a somewhat Ticketmaster/Promoter mandated "bubble" which includes daily testing, similar to what the NFL and NBA had been doing until they switched to a "test if symptomatic" only system after how many asymptomatic positives were resulting
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    whitepantswhitepants Posts: 723
    I send get well wishes to Matt and Jeff, this just sucks. They all are vaccinated, but due to being on the move, in stadiums with tens of thousands of people, with no checking for vaccination status, no mask policies strongly implemented, this was inevitable. I'm so grateful to have seen the boys at the second LA show, it was just awesome. But in the back of my mind, I wondered if some shows might be canceled due to Covid infection rates growing. BTW, I wore my mask during the entire show.

To those of you thinking Covid is just a cold, you're being selfish, ignorant, and assholish. People who are vaccinated can still get infected, but the symptoms are not as bad or require hospitalization in 95% of the breakthrough cases. To those asking why a full-out cancelation. Do you expect them to just simply reschedule two shows that were already postponed 2 years ago, and cross their fingers that they don't have to postpone or cancel again due to someone getting sick again? No, unfortunately, a cancellation was the right decision. I just wish them well and look forward to seeing Ed at Ohana in September for my birthday!
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Options
    lowbudgetlushlowbudgetlush Posts: 609
    pjhawks said:
    I agree with you.