Options

Important Cancelation Notice for Sacramento and Las Vegas

Comments

• Options
    Little ItalyLittle Italy Rochester, NY Posts: 404
    Wishing Jeff and Matt a speedy, full recovery. Get your shots people. Reduce the spread

My vaccinated father gave it to me while watching football in January.

Those shots don’t prevent anything from spreading so that sales pitch has been irrelevant.

Stop
    "he who forgets-will be destined to remember"
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,246
    IBTL
  • Options
    teskeincteskeinc Posts: 836
    Never gonna make it through Europe. Sucks they tested positive but canceling? That’s BS. At least postpone the shows. Hard enough to win lottery for GA. 
    1994 : Memphis 1995 : New Orleans 1996 : Seattle
    1998 : St Louis, Birmingham, Knoxville
    2000 : Memphis, Nashville, St Louis
    2003 : Irvine 1+2, Vegas, Bridge School 1+2, Santa Barbara
    2005 : Missoula, Vancouver, Gorge 2006 : LA 1+2, Vegas
    2008 : W Palm Beach, Tampa, Who Rock Honors, EV LA 2
    2009 : LA 1, LA 4, EV 1 Nashville 2011 : EV Long Beach
    2012: EV Vegas 1+2
    2013 LA 1+2 2018 Prague, Wrigley 2
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• Options
    iamloco724iamloco724 Brooklyn NY Posts: 1,441
    Yeah shots don't do anything except minimize the illness I got it after Phoenix and I've had every shot I'm allowed to get and still got it and symptomatic 
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,532
    Wishing Jeff and Matt a speedy, full recovery. Get your shots people. Reduce the spread

My vaccinated father gave it to me while watching football in January.

Those shots don’t prevent anything from spreading so that sales pitch has been irrelevant.

Stop

JFC  :D
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,955
    This just sucks. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,870
    shitty news for the band and the fans attending, especially those travelling. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    GrarcmanduGrarcmandu Posts: 1
    I live near Sacramento but bought tix to the first Oakland show via TenClub when they first went on sale in 2019/2020. I traveled to Oakland for the 5/12 show, which now proves to be a very wise decision.

Best wishes to the band, I hope all get healthy soon!
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,150
    @Little Italy

Good call, boy that came off automatic! Edited for accuracy. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,532
    Sorry for you folks holding tix for these shows… we’ve all been waiting a long time to see them & you were right there… f’ing blows. I’m especially sorry for anyone who travelled. 

Hope the band makes a full recovery & gets back to 100% soon. 
  • Options
    heartofadogheartofadog Portland, OR Posts: 352
    Echo sending positive vibes to Matt and Jeff, and the whole crew. I'm sure this is the last thing they wanted. I do wonder what this means for the viability of future tours. Are all tours following the same protocol/standards? Seeing this pop up on a short run like this makes me surprised there haven't been more tours/shows cancelled because members of bands test positive. Is this just terrible luck? Maybe questions for another thread.
    I don't know how diligent other bands are being about testing/existing in a bubble/etc. I would expect that any planned tour is tentative/tenuous at best for at least the rest of this year. It stood to reason that if one guy in the band had it, another positive test was going to pop up within a week or so. 

My number one concern as a fan is I hope these dudes recover quickly and don't have any symptoms/issues that linger. My second concern as a fan is how many opportunities will there be to see this band again? I would imagine they're all beyond frustrated and will get home and re-group/re-assess once folks are feeling better.
    1993: Portland, OR (09/06), Seattle, WA (12/07), Seattle, WA (12/08), Seattle, WA (12/09)
    1995: Seattle, WA (02/05)
    1996: Seattle, WA (09/16)
    1997:
    Oakland, CA (11/19)
    1998:
    Portland, OR (07/18), Seattle, WA (07/21), Seattle, WA (07/22)
    2000: Bellingham, WA (05/10), Vancouver, BC (05/11), Mountain View, CA (10/31), Portland, OR (11/02), Seattle, WA (11/05), Seattle, WA (11/06)
    2002: Seattle, WA (12/05), Seattle, WA (12/06), Seattle, WA (12/08), Seattle, WA (12/09)
    2003: Vancouver, BC (5/30), Seattle, WA (10/22), 
    2006: Portland, OR (07/20)
    2009: Berlin, DE (08/15), Seattle, WA (9/21), Seattle, WA (9/22)
    2010: Berlin, DE (06/30)
    2013: Los Angeles, CA (11/23), Los Angeles, CA (11/24), Portland, OR (11/29), Spokane, WA (11/30)
    2018: Seattle, WA (08/10)
    2022: Seattle, WA (2/22), New York, NY (9/10), New York, NY (9/11), Camden, NJ (9/14), Denver, CO (9/22)
    2023: St. Paul, MN (8/31), St. Paul, MN (9/02)
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,275
    Blessed to have made 3 shows.  Obviously a bummer that the Vegas plans went POOF.  Having caught the covids in LA or PHX I can say something that is otherwise a mild annoyance to a regular working stiff like myself, the cough and fatigue would make it nearly impossible to be a performer.  Get well guys and see you in the fall. 
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,400
    Traveled from Atlanta and feeling sad, pissed, annoyed, sad again. After such a long wait too. 

Raleigh and now Sacramento it hurts. Get better soon PJ. See ya in the fall…
    I would also like to use this time to request you come to Atlanta again… please. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658
    JimmyV said:
    Wishing Jeff and Matt a speedy recovery and am absolutely gutted for those that traveled and have tickets. 
    For those traveling this has to hurt. I feel bad , however I am reluctant to travel for shows now because of this. I am lucky to be right outside Boston so most major shows are coming thru here.

Being upset and angry is one thing however don’t shit on them because of Covid and whatever you believe ( as our flags sit at half mast following over 1 million deaths in just the US from this awful virus ) this is real and will keep being real for a very long time.

I’m sure there are some keyboard warriors that were so happy to make comments like “it’s just a cold “ ( it’s not ). Again ok to be upset and angry but not acting like a child or making ignorant statements on Covid.

✌️
  • Options
    BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 589
    Matts3221 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Wishing Jeff and Matt a speedy recovery and am absolutely gutted for those that traveled and have tickets. 
    For those traveling this has to hurt. I feel bad , however I am reluctant to travel for shows now because of this. I am lucky to be right outside Boston so most major shows are coming thru here.

Being upset and angry is one thing however don’t shit on them because of Covid and whatever you believe ( as our flags sit at half mast following over 1 million deaths in just the US from this awful virus ) this is real and will keep being real for a very long time.

I’m sure there are some keyboard warriors that were so happy to make comments like “it’s just a cold “ ( it’s not ). Again ok to be upset and angry but not acting like a child or making ignorant statements on Covid.

✌️
    Well said.
  • Options
    We joke about the term gutted but that is how I feel for the people who had tickets. There are literally GA and merch lines in Sacramento. There's a lady on FB posting a happy picture from the airport gate on her way to Vegas who found out as she boarded. There are probably others who are going to find out when they land. Just awful. 

• Options
    jonbond1779jonbond1779 London, UK Posts: 1,572
    edited May 2022
    Get well soon Jeff. I just had COVID last week, not nice at all.

Bright side - hopefully the band get all their immunity up in time for Europe! 
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,321
    I wonder if he got it at Oakland.   I got a sore throat last night, had been testing negative every day since I got back. but this morning i tested positive.

So far I feel it was worth it to see some shows.  I feel bad for the bad.  You could tell at Oakland 2 Eddie was struggling with keeping the whole thing afloat.  I appreciate they kept trying, and I also feel bad for the fans that are travelling or about to travel to the cancelled shows :(
  • Options
    SpokenJeremySpokenJeremy Posts: 604
    I wish they’d still sell merch. 
    Intelligence is the key and she was locked out

Let's Just Pop a Few Yards of Bubble Wrap and Call It a Day!

Don't Die Wondering

• Options
    Ute LewUte Lew West Point, UT Posts: 129
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    • SLC   11/1/95 
    • SLC   11/2/95
    • PC   06/21/98 
    • LV    07/11/98
    • LV    10/22/00
    • MV   10/20/01
    • MV   10/21/01
    • MV   06/01/03
    • IR     06/02/03
    • IR     06/03/03
    • SD   06/05/03
    • LV    06/06/03
    • DN   07/02/06
    • DN   07/03/06
    • LV    07/06/06
    • SD   07/07/06
    • LA    07/09/06
    • LA    07/10/06
    • SLC  09/28/09
    • LA    10/07/09
    • SD    10/09/09
    • BOS 08/07/16
    • MON 08/13/18
    • PHX  05/09/22
    • LV     05/20/22 (Canceled: Fuck you Covid)
  • Options
    DS107374DS107374 Posts: 92
    Was really looking forward to the Vegas show...I hope the guys feel better but man, this is disappointing. Sad news. 
    Randall's Island, NY 9/29/96; Camden, NJ 9/2/00; Philadelphia, PA 10/3/05; East Rutherford, NJ 6/1/06; Virginia Beach, VA 6/17/08; Camden, NJ 6/19/08; Philadelphia, PA 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
  • Options
    Matts3221 said:
    JimmyV said:

✌️
    I'm right there with you. This thing just won't go away. We have a trip to the Ottawa show planned for September and will probably still go, but I'm not confident the show will happen. These guys are older and their health has to be a constant concern. It would be for me. This absolutely sucks. 

• Options
    jkrkmjkrkm Posts: 4
    yes traveled from canada to watch Vegas show...shit happens...wish best for all.  merch would still be cool
    I'm fucking here now...lol
  • Options
    JR225955JR225955 Posts: 22
    Shoots brah... get well soon...
    1995 - San Diego
    2006 - The Gorge
    2011 - San Jose, CR
    2018 - Missoula
    2020- San Diego
    2022 - San Diego
    2022 - Las Vegas
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Ya i can confirm that there is no merc truck in sac spoke with a crew member once it got canceled they never set it up. All there gear is already loaded back on the tour buses they were getting ready to head out while i was talking to him. There are a a congregation of bummed out pearl jam fans around the arena. All drinking themselves silly saying why not just eddie mike and stone accoustic set. Many upset its not postponed flat out canceled
    Post edited by Getoutofmyfuckinface on
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,851
    Wishing Matt and Jeff a speedy recovery. Hopefully this means the band has some immunity now and the next couple of legs go off with out a hitch.
  • Options
    this was such a stressor for my trip to seattle to see Jerry Cantrell May 2. He had to cancel a few shows here and there because of covid; I was lucky Seattle wasn't one of them. I will be VERY reluctant to travel for ANY show now in the age of Covid. It's just too much of a gamble. 

My wife and I briefly considered the vegas show too, but after we saw the "dynamic" prices, it was an easy no. So sorry to those who had tickets and who were travelling. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,400
    this was such a stressor for my trip to seattle to see Jerry Cantrell May 2. He had to cancel a few shows here and there because of covid; I was lucky Seattle wasn't one of them. I will be VERY reluctant to travel for ANY show now in the age of Covid. It's just too much of a gamble. 

My wife and I briefly considered the vegas show too, but after we saw the "dynamic" prices, it was an easy no. So sorry to those who had tickets and who were travelling. 
    Dude I am having the worst luck. I wasn’t able to see Jerry either because he cancelled Atlanta. Rough go
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,149
    Sucks for fans.
    Sucks for Matt and Jeff
    Sucks for Pearl Jam

Hopefully they get better soon!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

Dude I am having the worst luck. I wasn’t able to see Jerry either because he cancelled Atlanta. Rough go
    Raleigh in 2016, Jerry in Atlanta and now this? FUUUUUCK. I'm so sorry. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com