Options

Important Cancelation Notice for Sacramento and Las Vegas

167891012»

Comments

• Options
    apkirklandapkirkland Big Sky Country Posts: 194
    mr bungle said:
    my apologies first.  but i didn't really want to read through 11 pages.  Do we know if Matt was expected to return for Sacramento or Vegas?  Just curious.
    There was an interview with Josh K. that I listened to either late yesterday or early this morning with updates on Jeff and Matt,  that made it sound like he was expecting Matt to be back for Vegas. 
    Where was that interview? I'd like to hear it. I could listen to Josh speak all day long 🤪
  • Options
    THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,677
    abadazz1 said:
    I landed in Vegas and was at hotel check-in when i read the news about the cancellation. An hour later i bought Rod Stewart concert tickets. Rod(77 years young) was a great performance. While at his show I couldn`t help think how a 77 year old performer gets it done and entertained his fans! Enough said.....
    He prolly didn’t have Covid. Enough said. 
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,503
    mr bungle said:
    my apologies first.  but i didn't really want to read through 11 pages.  Do we know if Matt was expected to return for Sacramento or Vegas?  Just curious.
    There was an interview with Josh K. that I listened to either late yesterday or early this morning with updates on Jeff and Matt,  that made it sound like he was expecting Matt to be back for Vegas. 
    Where was that interview? I'd like to hear it. I could listen to Josh speak all day long 🤪
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CdzH5RxvmO3/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
  • Options
    mr bungle said:
    Sweet, thanks!
  • Options
    mr bungle said:
    That was actually a really good listen. Interesting tidbits in there about the scramble when Matt went down with Covid and Josh's lifelong love of Pearl Jam. Enjoyed the story at the end about skipping class to read Mother Love Bone liner notes. He seems like such a solid dude, super humble and appreciative of where he is today. Thanks again for sharing!
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    abadazz1 said:
    I landed in Vegas and was at hotel check-in when i read the news about the cancellation. An hour later i bought Rod Stewart concert tickets. Rod(77 years young) was a great performance. While at his show I couldn`t help think how a 77 year old performer gets it done and entertained his fans! Enough said.....
    He prolly didn’t have Covid. Enough said. 
    Bingo
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
  • Options
    aweisman10aweisman10 Posts: 145
    teskeinc said:
    Never gonna make it through Europe. Sucks they tested positive but canceling? That’s BS. At least postpone the shows. Hard enough to win lottery for GA. 
    Exactly!
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,208
    Low ticket sales may have played a role in canceling and not postponing Sacramento, along with logistics of not being in the area again any time soon, with Oakland and Fresno being complete.  It’s less clear why they cancelled Vegas, unless they felt they had to be consistent.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,268
    I think the fact that the Oakland and Fresno shows had been previously postponed for 25 months whereas the Sacramento and Vegas shows were newly added in March could have been a consideration.  But I think the main thing was that they had time to figure out a way to work around Matt's absence because he tested positive in Arizona more than two days before the first Oakland show whereas they found out that Jeff was positive with only hours to go before Sacramento and no option to replace him.  Jeff clearly wouldn't have been back for Vegas.  They could have scrambled to replace him with the extra days to figure something out, but there has never been a Pearl Jam show without Jeff.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,919
    BF25394 said:
    I think the fact that the Oakland and Fresno shows had been previously postponed for 25 months whereas the Sacramento and Vegas shows were newly added in March could have been a consideration.  But I think the main thing was that they had time to figure out a way to work around Matt's absence because he tested positive in Arizona more than two days before the first Oakland show whereas they found out that Jeff was positive with only hours to go before Sacramento and no option to replace him.  Jeff clearly wouldn't have been back for Vegas.  They could have scrambled to replace him with the extra days to figure something out, but there has never been a Pearl Jam show without Jeff.
    Fresno was a new show. It hadn't been postponed.

They struggled through for as long as they could. Once Jeff got sick on top of Matt's illness and Ed's sickness, they pulled the plug. Could they have postponed? Yes, but I think they learned that lesson in 2020. They probably honestly don't know if/when they will be back on the road, or if they will continue to have the same problems then that plagued this run. Better to cancel and move on rather than postpone something you may never be able to deliver. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    JimmyV said:
    BF25394 said:

They struggled through for as long as they could. Once Jeff got sick on top of Matt's illness and Ed's sickness, they pulled the plug. Could they have postponed? Yes, but I think they learned that lesson in 2020. They probably honestly don't know if/when they will be back on the road, or if they will continue to have the same problems then that plagued this run. Better to cancel and move on rather than postpone something you may never be able to deliver. 

Insurance may have something to do with the decision to cancel.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,158

Get_Right said:
    JimmyV said:
    BF25394 said:

yah , I'm curious how it factors into touring right now.  So many bands having to cancel dates when a band/crew member test positives.  Requirements for bands to be in bubbles. etc..  Insurance must have a lot to do with this?  Allthough you think insurance would lose more if bands tried to plow through a show.. but it does feel like bands have to follow certain procedures to tour (Which all seem pretty similar) so a lot of it must be from requirements to insure tours?
  • Options
    Zod said:

Get_Right said:
    JimmyV said:
    BF25394 said:

yah , I'm curious how it factors into touring right now.  So many bands having to cancel dates when a band/crew member test positives.  Requirements for bands to be in bubbles. etc..  Insurance must have a lot to do with this?  Allthough you think insurance would lose more if bands tried to plow through a show.. but it does feel like bands have to follow certain procedures to tour (Which all seem pretty similar) so a lot of it must be from requirements to insure tours?
    With the age of the band members for the shows I have been going to recently I don't think you mean "insure tours"--I do think you mean Ensure tours...   (queue snare drum) ....  I will be here all week....
  • Options
    Ticketmaster just sent me a separate $10 refund for the Las Vegas commemorative ticket.
  • Options
    RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 885
    Ticketmaster just sent me a separate $10 refund for the Las Vegas commemorative ticket.
    @Outlawed Torn Did you request it? I'm having a hell of a time trying to get my $10 back. 
  • Options
    RK50065 said:
    @Outlawed Torn Did you request it? I'm having a hell of a time trying to get my $10 back. 
    Yes, I sent a request through the Help menu in the app about 3 weeks ago.
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,391
    Can we pretty please get a psst with Sacramento / Vegas merch? 

We were minutes away from buying all of it in Sac anyways! 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options

That was the most disappointing finish to a wait in line that I can remember--with that said, I am getting old and my memory is going....
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,208

That was the most disappointing finish to a wait in line that I can remember--with that said, I am getting old and my memory is going....
    If a Fresno poster will ease your pain I’ll let mine go for a loss. 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    jrellis2jrellis2 Posts: 11

I bought the Vegas poster from the artist when he sold his allotment. It'd be interesting to see the shirt/sticker...I'd probably buy them to memorialize my weird, concertless Vegas weekend.