Options

The Official 2023 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,066
    Just go about your day everyone....don't stare at a computer for hours ...unless that's your job....I find that distraction with work helps. Sadly I don't go to work for 3 1/2 more hours so I guess I'll stare at the computer for 3 more hours

Considering the pre-sale lasts for several days, it doesn't really matter who gets first.
    Hotels are going to jump fast for some of these shows. 
  • Options
    whendrickswhendricks NWAR Posts: 25
    Pearl Jam isnt going to play MMRBBQ.  Thats more for the Godsmacks, Stainds, Disturbeds, and Avenged Sevenfolds of the world. When is the last time Pearl Jam played a radio festival?
  • Options
    BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,258
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    How do 10c tickets work in the US ? In Europe we still collect on the day at the venue 
    Last couple have been done by TM and it is a mobile ticket so no willcall needed. We find out our seats well in advance too. 
    So no lottery? Fastest on TM gets tickets?
    No TM does the 10C lottery. Usually get 4 shows a day when they announce if you win. 
    PJNB said:
    How do 10c tickets work in the US ? In Europe we still collect on the day at the venue 
    Last couple have been done by TM and it is a mobile ticket so no willcall needed. We find out our seats well in advance too. 
    There is still a lottery, and they will prob do verified fan as well.
    Thanks both 
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,785
    Gibson said:
    Radio is awesome. Where else can you hear Imagine Dragons every hour, on the hour?

To be fair, I actually do listen to a lot of radio. It's become increasingly easier to win concert tickets. I assume that is due to the drop in listeners.

That second part is a very good point.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,002
    edited April 2023

I read the doo doo dos to the tune of black.  What is the MMRBQ anyway?  Could it be something PJ plays at? 
    100% yes to the bolded. No idea about your two questions, though. 
    Post edited by JimmyV on

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Bunting10 said:
    JimmyV said:
    No radio station chatter. That Philly announcement turning out to be Metallica is a killer. 
    Ouch yeah Philly would probably be one of the places I’d drive to see them or Boston! So what is it about this band I wish they would just have the guts to state hey folks we don’t like touring as a band anymore! Beatles did it lol, it’s hard to think otherwise you can’t tell me this is band that likes to hit the road every year, like Bruce or DMB etc etc etc
    They clearly do not.  They show up when they need money.  And we take what we can get. 
    I’m pretty sure money isn’t an issue for them.  
    Agreed. 

To think they only tour when they're hard up for cash is laughable. 
    See my earlier post.  They aren't broke.  They do only enough to get the earnings they want (my opinion).  I'm extremely jealous of their situation.   They built an annuity stream that requires them to tour about 3 weeks a year and every so often make an album.  

Exactly. The new album lets casual fans and everyone else know they're still out there. The tour does exactly the same.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Gibson said:
    Monday the 10th = final reminder and one last teaser in the newsletter
    Tuesday the 11th = Go time.

Unless if the 10th is the "last chance to get your ticket requests in" date.
  • Options
    biz999biz999 Posts: 172
    9 minutes!
  • Options
    pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,826
    edited April 2023
    JimmyV said:

I read the doo doo dos to the tune of black.  What is the MMRBQ anyway?  Could it be something PJ plays at? 
    100% yes to the bolded. No idea about your two questions, though. 
    the MMRBQ is an annual festival put on my 94.1 WYSP in Philly, which is the main Rock radio station. Ed has shouted the station out at multiple shows in the past, including Pierre, Matt, and Nick. They still spin some vinyl, still take calls, etc.

As someone else mentioned, the last number of years the show has been in May, at the amphitheater in Camden, where PJ played in Sept. It usually has a few rock acts, and maybe 6-8 acts total? The bands have been Shinedown, The Struts, AIC, Offspring, Janes Addiction, STP, Bush, Disturbed, etc. It has been poor to sell most years. Maybe PJ does them a favor and gives them a sellout? Otherwise, I don't see the draw for PJ when they easily sell it out on their own.
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
  • Options
    Pearl Jam isnt going to play MMRBBQ.  Thats more for the Godsmacks, Stainds, Disturbeds, and Avenged Sevenfolds of the world. When is the last time Pearl Jam played a radio festival?
    It seems like a stretch to me, but it's weird that they moved it from May to Sept. That Philly skyline in the teaser video means something, and I think the doo doo doo doo's are definitely Black. I think it's a possibility.
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    PJNB said:
    There is still a lottery, and they will prob do verified fan as well.

Yup. Europe is how it used to be here with "pay in advance, pick up at the window on the day of the show. If you can't go, you're out the money."

The only major difference is that there's usually a really good chance at getting floor tickets, due to their floors being really huge.

Depending on the show, 10C tickets may include wristbands for early entry or there may be a 10C floor section in front of the regular floor section. (I think it's all GA standing.)
  • Options
    LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 806
    Countdown GIF - Countdown - Discover  Share GIFs  Vacation countdown  Countdown Youtube channel art
    Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,672
    Bunting10 said:
    JimmyV said:
    No radio station chatter. That Philly announcement turning out to be Metallica is a killer. 
    Ouch yeah Philly would probably be one of the places I’d drive to see them or Boston! So what is it about this band I wish they would just have the guts to state hey folks we don’t like touring as a band anymore! Beatles did it lol, it’s hard to think otherwise you can’t tell me this is band that likes to hit the road every year, like Bruce or DMB etc etc etc
    They clearly do not.  They show up when they need money.  And we take what we can get. 
    Agreed. 

See my earlier post.  They aren't broke.  They do only enough to get the earnings they want (my opinion).  I'm extremely jealous of their situation.   They built an annuity stream that requires them to tour about 3 weeks a year and every so often make an album.  

Exactly. The new album lets casual fans and everyone else know they're still out there. The tour does exactly the same.

So, the logic here is that they hate touring, but still do it, and still record albums to remind people they're still out there? 
  • Options
    Bunting10 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Agreed. 

So, the logic here is that they hate touring, but still do it, and still record albums to remind people they're still out there? 

I think people play way too much into the quote, but Jeff said he wasn't a fan of touring, but then he goes out and makes a lot of money for the skate parks.
  • Options
    Doug87Doug87 Posts: 442
    Did Pierre say MMRBQ? Yes, he said MMRBQ. Specifically he said "MMRBQ in September." He added that that lineup and date of the show will be announced on Monday, April 10th at the same time as the first Concert Cash keyword is given out. That's 8am if you need a reminder. 
  • Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,616
    Seems like the announcement will be next week at this point. 
  • Options
    We are all Team Gutted. 

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,311
    Doug87 said:
    Did Pierre say MMRBQ? Yes, he said MMRBQ. Specifically he said "MMRBQ in September." He added that that lineup and date of the show will be announced on Monday, April 10th at the same time as the first Concert Cash keyword is given out. That's 8am if you need a reminder. 
    zero chance of PJ at MMRBQ.  stop.
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,937
    Summbitch!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    SB117186SB117186 Posts: 346
    Nothing today... check back tomorrow
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,297
    And it's still International Women's Day. :(
  • Options
    KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,366
    Monday at 8 it is. 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,672
    Bunting10 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Agreed. 

I think people play way too much into the quote, but Jeff said he wasn't a fan of touring, but then he goes out and makes a lot of money for the skate parks.
    I get the idea that touring sucks, especially as you get older, but they don't strike me as the type of people to just do something for money. 

There's no shortage of things these guys can do to raise money for charity... again, I point to Jeff's poster sale as exhibit A. 

I also understand the angle that they have employees they want to keep fed, that makes sense too; with all that being said, I can't imagine they would keep putting themselves through the process of putting out albums and touring if their hearts weren't still in it. 
  • Options
    LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 806
    Velveeta GIF - Find  Share on GIPHY
    Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • Options
    seanclaxseanclax Posts: 415
    Do we think the only city thats getting 2 shows is chicago?
  • Options
    vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 871
    ACL is also two shows
  • Options
    We are officially out of the 48hour window in which I expected an announcement. 

Team Today became Team Tomorrow.
    Team Tomorrow became Team Gutted.
    Team Gutted became Team WTF?!?!?!?

• Options
    nooramnooram Posts: 390
    edited April 2023
    Do we think the only city thats getting 2 shows is chicago?
    We speculate Saint Paul gets two shows, too
    Post edited by nooram on
    Seattle 8/91, MPLS 3/92, St Paul 8/92, Denver 6/95, Missoula 6/98, MPLS 6/98, Albuquerque 10/00, Seattle 12/02, St Paul 6/03, Thunder Bay 9/05, DC 5/06, St Paul x2 6/06, Vancouver (EV) 4/08, DC 6/08, Chicago x2 8/09, KC 5/10, MPLS (EV) 7/11, Chicago 7/13, St Paul 10/14, Santiago 11/15, Missoula 8/18, Denver 9/22, Saint Paul 8/23, Saint Paul 9/23
  • Options
    seanclaxseanclax Posts: 415
    vedpunk said:
    ACL is also two shows
    Acl?
  • Options
    chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 302
    All we know for sure is that the tour announcement is forthcoming.