Options

The Official 2023 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,086
    RP112579 said:
    Definitely need to coordinate an announcement with radio hype, for the 47 people that still listen to the radio. Maybe they are waiting for ad's they want to put in the newspaper to get approved, too.
    Think it’s up to 48
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,678
    Bunting10 said:
    JimmyV said:
    No radio station chatter. That Philly announcement turning out to be Metallica is a killer. 
    Ouch yeah Philly would probably be one of the places I’d drive to see them or Boston! So what is it about this band I wish they would just have the guts to state hey folks we don’t like touring as a band anymore! Beatles did it lol, it’s hard to think otherwise you can’t tell me this is band that likes to hit the road every year, like Bruce or DMB etc etc etc
    They clearly do not.  They show up when they need money.  And we take what we can get. 
    I’m pretty sure money isn’t an issue for them.  
    Nah.  They want more money like most people.  They want to fund charitable endeavors, living expenses, college funds, and take care of employees.  They don’t want to dip into principal for that.
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,672
    Bunting10 said:
    JimmyV said:
    No radio station chatter. That Philly announcement turning out to be Metallica is a killer. 
    Ouch yeah Philly would probably be one of the places I’d drive to see them or Boston! So what is it about this band I wish they would just have the guts to state hey folks we don’t like touring as a band anymore! Beatles did it lol, it’s hard to think otherwise you can’t tell me this is band that likes to hit the road every year, like Bruce or DMB etc etc etc
    They clearly do not.  They show up when they need money.  And we take what we can get. 
    Agreed. 

To think they only tour when they're hard up for cash is laughable. 
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,528
    Are they going to put up $450 band signed posters from Mike's stash today?
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,404
    $405.00 would be more appropriate. (I don't want to buy one on Ed's birthday!)
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    motleygunnermotleygunner Arizona Posts: 147
    Poncier said:
    $405.00 would be more appropriate. (I don't want to buy one on Ed's birthday!)
    Well...All the memorabilia that was on exhibit at the MoPOP will technically be available soon... Just sayin'...
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,678
    Bunting10 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Agreed. 

See my earlier post.  They aren't broke.  They do only enough to get the earnings they want (my opinion).  I'm extremely jealous of their situation.   They built an annuity stream that requires them to tour about 3 weeks a year and every so often make an album.  
  • Options
    IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138
    My gut tells me Friday or Monday
    Would they announce on Easter Friday/Monday?
    Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,672
    Bunting10 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Nah.  They want more money like most people.  They want to fund charitable endeavors, living expenses, college funds, and take care of employees.  They don’t want to dip into principal for that.
    As we saw w/ Jeff's poster sale, they have other ways of generating revenue that don't involve upending their personal lives for months at a time if they were so inclined. 
  • Options
    KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,366
    I feel like Easter has no impact on an announcement 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,002
    Kwieneke said:
    I feel like Easter has no impact on an announcement 
    I feel like you are correct. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,581
    Monday the 10th = final reminder and one last teaser in the newsletter
    Tuesday the 11th = Go time.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024: Seattle 1&2,

• Options
    seanclaxseanclax Posts: 415
    Gibson said:
    Boo
  • Options
    logan5ivelogan5ive Dallas, TX Posts: 469
    Will the Pearl Jam 'touring of years past' rise from the dead?
    1993 - Dallas ~~~ 1995 - Red Rocks I & II | Austin ~~~ 1998 - St Louis | Kansas City | Dallas | Raleigh | Atlanta | Birmingham | Greenville | Knoxville | Virginia Beach ~~~ 2000 - New Orleans | Memphis | Nashville | Noblesville | Cincinnati | Columbus | Houston I & II | Dallas | Las Vegas | LA | San Diego | San Bernardino | Sacramento | San Francisco ~~~ 2003 - OKC | San Antonio | Houston | Dallas | Little Rock | Camden I & II | MSG I & II ~~~ 2004 - Boston I & II | St Louis ~~~ 2005 - Gorge | Vancouver | Kitchener | London | Hamilton ~~~ 2006 - Las Vegas | Gorge I & II | Honolulu ~~~ 2008 - MSG I & II ~~~ 2009 - Seattle I & II | Vancouver | Portland | ACL | Philly I-IV ~~~ 2010 - Kansas City | St Louis ~~~ 2011 - PJ20 I & II ~~~ 2013 - Wrigley | Dallas | OKC ~~~ 2014 - ACL I | Tulsa | Moline | St Paul | Milwaukee | Denver ~~~ 2022 - OKC ~~~ 2023 - FW I & II | Austin I & II ~~~ 2024* - Seattle I & II | Wrigley I & II
    [82*]
  • Options
    MakeUSmileMakeUSmile NJ Posts: 1,069
    Gibson said:
    I’m kinda feeling this too. 
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • Options
    setlist41setlist41 Posts: 433
    Gibson said:
    I think you're right 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,066
    edited April 2023
    Reasons why I am thinking its today or tomorrow. 

Santos coming out publicly saying keep your membership up to date has always meant an announcement is very close. 

The early newsletter. The 10th is coming up. Why would they have an early newsletter with membership renewal hints if they were just going to blow past the 10th with no tour announcement.  

Unless the tour is announced on the 10th. That would make sense for an early newsletter. 
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    YoullseeDragonsYoullseeDragons Posts: 2,122
    edited April 2023

Post edited by YoullseeDragons on
  • Options
    JD87070JD87070 Posts: 169
    setlist41 said:
    Gibson said:
    I think you're right 
    Trying reverse psychology. 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,002
    Hopefully, the announcement was supposed to be yesterday but it has been delayed because they are adding a full northeast swing in October. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Announcement for the MMRBQ is on Monday the 10th at 8am. Playing Pearl Jam now for Mike's Birthday. 
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,011
    Bunting10 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Agreed. 

See my earlier post.  They aren't broke.  They do only enough to get the earnings they want (my opinion).  I'm extremely jealous of their situation.   They built an annuity stream that requires them to tour about 3 weeks a year and every so often make an album.  
    One of the main perks of being successful and making a lot of money - in any field - is that as you get older you have the flexibility to choose whether and how much you want to keep working. Good for them, I say. 
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,683
    I'm ready to go:

To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,536
    edited April 2023
    I'm still Team Today... newsletter will talk about tickets on 10th
    Post edited by gotthebottle on
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,297
    Philly announcement at 8a Monday. Does that mean we'll have to wait 5hrs to find out the rest of the dates?
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,574
    Gibson said:
    I think this is logical. 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 683
    PJNB said:
    Reasons why I am thinking its today or tomorrow. 

Santos coming out publicly saying keep your membership up to date has always meant an announcement is very close. 

The early newsletter. The 10th is coming up. Why would they have an early newsletter with membership renewal hints if they were just going to blow past the 10th with no tour announcement.  

Unless the tour is announced on the 10th. That would make sense for an early newsletter. 
    This. Why send an extra, early April
    email to members if there isn’t something happening before the newsletter date?

• Options
    Announce the regular shows today, festivals come next week? 

I have no idea 
  • Options
    MakeUSmileMakeUSmile NJ Posts: 1,069

I read the doo doo dos to the tune of black.  What is the MMRBQ anyway?  Could it be something PJ plays at? 
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • Options
    KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,366
    Agreed. So weird they’d send it early if not before next Monday. And can we not get an announcement and newsletter the same day?
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted)