Options

The Official 2023 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 806
    PJNB said:
    Reasons why I am thinking its today or tomorrow. 

Santos coming out publicly saying keep your membership up to date has always meant an announcement is very close. 

The early newsletter. The 10th is coming up. Why would they have an early newsletter with membership renewal hints if they were just going to blow past the 10th with no tour announcement.  

Unless the tour is announced on the 10th. That would make sense for an early newsletter. 
    agreed, agreed and agreed!  Team today!

It doesn't have to be a Tuesday (as past history indicates)
    Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • Options
    KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,366

I read the doo doo dos to the tune of black.  What is the MMRBQ anyway?  Could it be something PJ plays at? 
    Definitely feels like Black. I have never heard of that festival and there’s hardly any info online about it 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
  • Options
    Third eye blind- semi charmed life.
  • Options
    MakeUSmileMakeUSmile NJ Posts: 1,069

can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • Options
    Third eye blind- semi charmed life.
    Interesting thought 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
  • Options
    Sirens4Sirens4 Posts: 581
    Kwieneke said:
    Agreed. So weird they’d send it early if not before next Monday. And can we not get an announcement and newsletter the same day?
    Someone has mention before tours are never announced in newsletter
    Springfield 94 hartford 96,98,06,08 xl center 2010,2013 boston 06,2010 mansfield ma 1998,2000,2003,2008
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,066
    Now I have Semi Charmed Life playing in my head thanks! lol 
  • Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,949
    Possible that those emails were the newsletter, and they announce on the 10th?
  • Options
    lisalamblisalamb Posts: 65

I read the doo doo dos to the tune of black.  What is the MMRBQ anyway?  Could it be something PJ plays at? 
    I heard Baby Shark in my head
  • Options
    washed in blackwashed in black Posts: 840
    edited April 2023
    Kwieneke said:

Definitely feels like Black. I have never heard of that festival and there’s hardly any info online about it 
    Soundgarden headlined MMR BQ with Alice in Chains in 2013. Fantastic show.

Oh, and MMR BQ usually happens in May, not Sept.
    Post edited by washed in black on
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,574
    kmcmanus said:
    PJNB said:
    Reasons why I am thinking its today or tomorrow. 

Santos coming out publicly saying keep your membership up to date has always meant an announcement is very close. 

The early newsletter. The 10th is coming up. Why would they have an early newsletter with membership renewal hints if they were just going to blow past the 10th with no tour announcement.  

Unless the tour is announced on the 10th. That would make sense for an early newsletter. 
    This. Why send an extra, early April
    email to members if there isn’t something happening before the newsletter date?

My thought would be that with multiple holidays going on, just an extra week for people to update memberships etc. Spring breaks, Easter, Ramadan, Passover. 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 302
    Something probably delayed the announcement yesterday... last second venue change? Festival announcement causing delay? What other fests besides Ohana and ACL would even be possible for PJ at this point? Ohana announcement should be any day now... ACL usually isn't until May. 
  • Options
    Kwieneke said:

Soundgarden headlined MMR BQ with Alice in Chains in 2013. Fantastic show
    That sounds like a hell of a time. 
  • Options
    reyrey Monmouth County, NJ Posts: 274

This is kind of interesting.  I didn't think this was the type of event that PJ would play at plus it's at the same venue in Camden they played last September.  But, Ed does love that radio station and always gives them a shout out when they play in Philly/Camden, so who knows?
  • Options
    Kwieneke said:
    Kwieneke said:

Soundgarden headlined MMR BQ with Alice in Chains in 2013. Fantastic show
    That sounds like a hell of a time. 
    It was amazing. We were in the pit (which is tiny) What was crazy to me, much of the pit crowd left after AIC, so we were able to get up on the rail for SG. Great night.
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    MakeUSmileMakeUSmile NJ Posts: 1,069
    Kwieneke said:

Soundgarden headlined MMR BQ with Alice in Chains in 2013. Fantastic show.

Oh, and MMR BQ usually happens in May, not Sept.
    Maybe… PJ was going to play it in May before they scrapped the spring tour.  Now they are playing it in September (hence the reason for the change and Pierre’s quote about it taking concert gods extra time) 
    I’m grasping at straws here trying to make sense of the Philly skyline teaser…lol
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,807

So if this fest lineup/date is announced on 4/10, and the 10c newsletter comes out on 4/10, safe to say we'll get the full tour announcement on Monday?
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,058
    It s happening!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,258
    How do 10c tickets work in the US ? In Europe we still collect on the day at the venue 
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,297
    How do 10c tickets work in the US ? In Europe we still collect on the day at the venue 
    What?? So, you can order 10 Club tickets, and not pay for them until you arrive at the show? And if you can't go for some reason, you just say, 'fuck it. I'm not out any money'?
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Last couple have been done by TM and it is a mobile ticket so no willcall needed. We find out our seats well in advance too. 
  • Options
    bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,086
    edited April 2023
    My bet is Monday. All in.
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,672
    What?? So, you can order 10 Club tickets, and not pay for them until you arrive at the show? And if you can't go for some reason, you just say, 'fuck it. I'm not out any money'?
    Sounds more like how they did it in the states up until 2016: you pay when you buy them, but can only pick up your tickets at the venue on the day of the show. 
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,574
    No, you would buy the tickets in advance, and go to will call to pick up your paper tickets.  (I am assuming).  This is how it was done in the US for years, before mobile ticketing. 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    No we pay for them when ordering but collect at the venue money is lost if you can't make it
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Last couple have been done by TM and it is a mobile ticket so no willcall needed. We find out our seats well in advance too. 
    So no lottery? Fastest on TM gets tickets?
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,785
    Just go about your day everyone....don't stare at a computer for hours ...unless that's your job....I find that distraction with work helps. Sadly I don't go to work for 3 1/2 more hours so I guess I'll stare at the computer for 3 more hours

Considering the pre-sale lasts for several days, it doesn't really matter who gets first.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    No TM does the 10C lottery. Usually get 4 shows a day when they announce if you win. 
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,297
    Ah, I misunderstood what they were saying.
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    There is still a lottery, and they will prob do verified fan as well.