Options

The Official 2023 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,004
    I totally thought we had identified all the cities in the video. Philly seems less like a lock if they are showing Inglewood and Fresno, too. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,785
    edited April 2023
    critterau said:
    Multiple cities will get two mdates.
    No cities will get more than two.
    No Seattle.
    This tour will be geographically similar to USA 2014.
    Well that rules out philly and the east coast 
    The pages of people complaining about “why did the put Philly in the video” will be fun. 

But also…why did they put Philly in the video then 😏

Here's what I'm thinking.

Because April Fools.

It's possible Philly could be in because the video.
    It's also possible Philly is out hence April Fools.

There's a saying called "on the bubble."
    Could Philly be "on the bubble" hence the delay?

Take a guess.

Philadelphia, Pittsburgh (it's odd nobody is mentioning them) and Ohio are all in sore need of shows.
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    vercemanverceman Posts: 681
    critterau said:
    No Seattle.
    The pages of people complaining about “why did the put Philly in the video” will be fun. 

Because April Fools.

The inclusion of Philly in a Midwest tour really makes no sense. I know they always draw well there but why Philly and not MSG (or Boston). Either it was a mistake (whoever edited the video didn't realize it was the "iconic" Philly skyline, or it is a festival one-off.
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,301
    bcjammer said:
    Anybody else seeing other locations in the April Fools video short?

Alpine Valley
    Inglewood, CA.  (Kia Forum sign to the left of where they're raising the lighting/speaker rigging)
    Fresno, CA.  (Larry A. Shehadey Tower before the bus drives in front of it)
    Philadelphia.  (City skyline)

Yeah, those were pointed out Saturday. People quickly dismissed Fresno and the Forum as just them including shots from last years tour, and that it didn't mean anything. But I'm not 100% convinced.

Hopefully we'll find out at some point this year.
  • Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,569
    If Ohana Fest is part of the tour (I kind of think it will be), the full tour announcement may come on the same day as the lineup drop. Ohana tends to give up a heads-up about the lineup arriving at the end of the week, with the lineup dropping on a Monday.

Last year we got an Instagram post on Friday, April 8 telling us the lineup would be out on Monday, April 11, which is right in line with what could be happening this year.

*Disclaimer: This just a theory with no inside information whatsoever. 
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    Lol PJ were in Europe last year..
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,679
    If Ohana Fest is part of the tour (I kind of think it will be), the full tour announcement may come on the same day as the lineup drop. Ohana tends to give up a heads-up about the lineup arriving at the end of the week, with the lineup dropping on a Monday.

Last year we got an Instagram post on Friday, April 8 telling us the lineup would be out on Monday, April 11, which is right in line with what could be happening this year.

This is the most likely scenario at this point with an announcement Monday 4/10
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,537
    Glad I have family in OC... lodging for Ohana is the worst
  • Options
    edited April 2023

Remember when the Gigaton album (tour?) was announced on a Monday and we all thought it'd be that one Monday but it was the next Monday or possibly the week after?

PJ loves to build hype. Of course they also know that at least one person will post about missing the deadline. "Argh! I missed the deadline. Do you think if I join now, I'm good?"

It's kind of like a huge zit that is just about to pop and it's building pressure...ok, that's gross!
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    vercemanverceman Posts: 681

This is the most likely scenario at this point with an announcement Monday 4/10
    Something happening on 4/10 would definitely explain why we got a random "extra" newsletter on Monday with info that could certainly have waited until the 4/10 regularly scheduled newsletter. 
  • Options
    uglybabouglybabo Posts: 519
    JimmyV said:
    Doug87 said:
    Did Pierre say MMRBQ? Yes, he said MMRBQ. Specifically he said "MMRBQ in September." He added that that lineup and date of the show will be announced on Monday, April 10th at the same time as the first Concert Cash keyword is given out. That's 8am if you need a reminder. 
    This is an indicator that it's not Pearl Jam. Maybe they would play this thing and maybe they wouldn't, but no way a tour announcement is built around one radio station's wacky Concert Cash gimmick. 
    It's possible. I mean, most festivals won't allow artists to announce that they'll be playing until the festival itself has dropped the lineup. Maybe PJ wants to announce all dates at once, but can't announce that they're playing there until after the station does.
    I honestly don't know. It's all just a guessing game at this point.
    It’s not Pearl Jam headlining the MMRBQ… Trust me. 
    Are you sure?

They moved the show from May to September; grabbing a headliner like PJ would be a good reason for that. 

Also, that may be why they delayed their own tour date announcement. 

And maybe we do have a new album coming; playing a radio festival would be good promo.  
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    For those interested, Monday starts 85 cent Blizzards at Dairy Queen. (This might be USA only. I have no idea about their international presence.)

I know it means nothing, but what a way to save money when a lot of money may be going out the door to PJ tickets.
  • Options
    Brisk. said:
    in US too. They canceled Prague and Vienna
  • Options
    KevinmanKevinman Atlanta, GA USA Posts: 1,905
    For those interested, Monday starts 85 cent Blizzards at Dairy Queen. (This might be USA only. I have no idea about their international presence.)

I know it means nothing, but what a way to save money when a lot of money may be going out the door to PJ tickets.
    Now there’s news I can use….thanks!
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • Options
    kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 684
    critterau said:
    No Seattle.

Because April Fools.

Take a guess.

Philadelphia, Pittsburgh (it's odd nobody is mentioning them) and Ohio are all in sore need of shows.
    Buffalo, Albany, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Hartford, Atlanta, Houston… a lot of cities are over a decade now, hopefully when the new record comes they’ll do a real album tour. 
    The non-member email promised “big things”, I sure hope that means something more than 8 Midwest dates and a couple festivals,
  • Options
    There has to be more shows than what we have seen rumored. The tour as is just makes too little sense. 

• Options
    logan5ivelogan5ive Dallas, TX Posts: 469
    kmcmanus said:
    critterau said:
    No Seattle.

Because April Fools.

Take a guess.

Buffalo, Albany, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Hartford, Atlanta, Houston… a lot of cities are over a decade now, hopefully when the new record comes they’ll do a real album tour. 
    The non-member email promised “big things”, I sure hope that means something more than 8 Midwest dates and a couple festivals,
    This. (Nice 3rd post.)
    1993 - Dallas ~~~ 1995 - Red Rocks I & II | Austin ~~~ 1998 - St Louis | Kansas City | Dallas | Raleigh | Atlanta | Birmingham | Greenville | Knoxville | Virginia Beach ~~~ 2000 - New Orleans | Memphis | Nashville | Noblesville | Cincinnati | Columbus | Houston I & II | Dallas | Las Vegas | LA | San Diego | San Bernardino | Sacramento | San Francisco ~~~ 2003 - OKC | San Antonio | Houston | Dallas | Little Rock | Camden I & II | MSG I & II ~~~ 2004 - Boston I & II | St Louis ~~~ 2005 - Gorge | Vancouver | Kitchener | London | Hamilton ~~~ 2006 - Las Vegas | Gorge I & II | Honolulu ~~~ 2008 - MSG I & II ~~~ 2009 - Seattle I & II | Vancouver | Portland | ACL | Philly I-IV ~~~ 2010 - Kansas City | St Louis ~~~ 2011 - PJ20 I & II ~~~ 2013 - Wrigley | Dallas | OKC ~~~ 2014 - ACL I | Tulsa | Moline | St Paul | Milwaukee | Denver ~~~ 2022 - OKC ~~~ 2023 - FW I & II | Austin I & II ~~~ 2024* - Seattle I & II | Wrigley I & II
    [82*]
  • Options
    kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 684
    logan5ive said:
    kmcmanus said:
    critterau said:
    No Seattle.

Because April Fools.

Take a guess.

This. (Nice 3rd post.)
    Longtime reader, third time typist 😜
  • Options
    pawlowski1097pawlowski1097 Philadelphia, PA Posts: 571
    No Europe my guess, usa only. We need to put together the solid rumors from reliable sources. Not just a random guy saying a wish or statement. 
  • Options
    BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,260
    No Europe my guess, usa only. We need to put together the solid rumors from reliable sources. Not just a random guy saying a wish or statement. 
    Too late for Europe now, very small chance of a few Ed shows but even that's highly unlikely 
  • Options
    seanclaxseanclax Posts: 426
    Brisk. said:
    in US too. They canceled Prague and Vienna
    And Amsterdam night 1. Was gutted 
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,616
    That Philly skyline photo was too specific to be a random throw in.  And I really doubt they would be trolling the fan base in Philly. So I’m betting there is a Philly show one way or the other.  If not the MMRbbq then another show in the area. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    vant0037vant0037 Posts: 6,083
    Tour’s probably off now.
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2010-05-01 NOLA (Jazz Fest)
    2011-07-02 EV Minneapolis
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-07-11 Milton Keynes, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
    2023-08-31 St. Paul
    2023-09-02 St. Paul
    2023-09-05 Chicago 1
  • Options
    MakeUSmileMakeUSmile NJ Posts: 1,069
    on2legs said:
    That Philly skyline photo was too specific to be a random throw in.  And I really doubt they would be trolling the fan base in Philly. So I’m betting there is a Philly show one way or the other.  If not the MMRbbq then another show in the area. 
    I agree.  Of course I would prefer a proper Philly show, but MIA festival or MMRbbq makes more sense with the little info we have.  
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,819
    mcgruff10 said:
    It s happening!
    Big deal.

Wake me up when Megan Thee Stallion comes to town. 
    Only if Zamfir master of the pan flute is the opener. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    GP179117GP179117 Posts: 362

Tempers are wearing thin. Let's hope some robot doesn't kill everybody.
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,807
    edited April 2023

Decided to screengrab each segment of that video (open image in new tab for larger). Where are we at with this list?
    6. Chicago (Jordan statue)
    7. Inglewood (Kia Forum)
    9. Indianapolis/Noblesville (Indy cars)
    11. Fresno (Larry A. Shehadey Tower) 
    12. Dallas (Cowboys hat)
    15. Philly (skyline)
    18. Austin (ACL flag)
  • Options
    tschav said:

Decided to screengrab each segment of that video (open image in new tab for larger). Where are we at with this list?
    7. Inglewood (Kia Forum)
    12. Dallas (Cowboys hat)
    15. Philly (skyline)
    18. Austin (ACL flag)
    Great job! Thanks for this. 

• Options
    KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,366
    tschav said:

7. Inglewood (Kia Forum)
    12. Dallas (Cowboys hat)
    15. Philly (skyline)
    18. Austin (ACL flag)
    10. Ruoff (noblesville)
    13. Chicago again? Dennis Rodman 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
  • Options
    Some of these are going to be harder than others but #3 has to be identifiable.