Comments

• dankinddankind Posts: 20,835

Fooled around in Fresno
    Got over on your girlie
    'Cause you know she never says no

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,934
    Ed walking on stage in Fresno…

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    Doing the whole May tour with my brother.  Yesterday, my signifcant other asked me which show I'm most excited about.  Immediately, without hesitation, I said Fresno.  Her response..."Fresno?! Why?"  #IYKYN
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,901
    Doing the whole May tour with my brother.  Yesterday, my signifcant other asked me which show I'm most excited about.  Immediately, without hesitation, I said Fresno.  Her response..."Fresno?! Why?"  #IYKYN

The heart wants what it wants.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    No need for anyone to get to arena early. I’ve already called shotgun on the rail between Ed and Jeff. Just wanted to save you all some time. 🤣🤣🤣
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • JR86440JR86440 Posts: 742
    I'm staying at Hilton one mile away. Guessing it is safe enough to walk back after show? Wouldn't want to do that in LA that's for sure..
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,762
    JR86440 said:
    I'm staying at Hilton one mile away. Guessing it is safe enough to walk back after show? Wouldn't want to do that in LA that's for sure..
    I'm staying at the Holiday Inn and it's a little less then a mile away and I HOPE to be able to walk it too. Good question: Is it a safe walk?

Also staying about a mile away from The Forum and I'll be walking, along with others.
  • Adam HewettAdam Hewett Posts: 120
    Maybe we're seeing the beginning of Pearl Jam not being able to fill out arena's?

Remember, Neil Y. told them this would eventually happen... 
  • craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,298
    No need for anyone to get to arena early. I’ve already called shotgun on the rail between Ed and Jeff. Just wanted to save you all some time. 🤣🤣🤣
    Save a spot for while I wait in the merch line for posters 

• JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,124
    Maybe we're seeing the beginning of Pearl Jam not being able to fill out arena's?

We're seeing too many California shows and too short notice. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,239
    JimmyV said:

Combined with the world coming out of a Pandemic, conflicts with the rescheduled dates, changes with peoples financial status and higher prices for flights & hotels sprinkled on top. 

If they would’ve gone with Portland & Spokane instead of Sac & Fresno, I highly doubt we would we would be seeing all this availability we’re seeing now. 
  • No need for anyone to get to arena early. I’ve already called shotgun on the rail between Ed and Jeff. Just wanted to save you all some time. 🤣🤣🤣
    Save a spot for while I wait in the merch line for posters 

Wait in line for merch? Not in Fresno. You'll have your own line. 
  • JR86440JR86440 Posts: 742
    cutz said:
    JR86440 said:
    I'm staying at the Holiday Inn and it's a little less then a mile away and I HOPE to be able to walk it too. Good question: Is it a safe walk?

Also staying about a mile away from The Forum and I'll be walking, along with others.
    I’m guessing there will be a group of people walking in our direction so thinking we should be ok.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,762
    JR86440 said:
    cutz said:
    JR86440 said:

I’m guessing there will be a group of people walking in our direction so thinking we should be ok.
    I'm thinking the same.
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,521
    JimmyV said:

Combined with the world coming out of a Pandemic, conflicts with the rescheduled dates, changes with peoples financial status and higher prices for flights & hotels sprinkled on top. 

If they would’ve gone with Portland & Spokane instead of Sac & Fresno, I highly doubt we would we would be seeing all this availability we’re seeing now. 

Yes I’m sure there are some like me who will not risk losing thousands on travel costs for shows that can be canceled with a symptomless positive test result hours before a show. 

Let them not be able to sell out 9 shows in the Boston to DC corridor first, then they can worry about not selling out arenas.

• uglybabouglybabo Posts: 520
    JimmyV said:

Yes I’m sure there are some like me who will not risk losing thousands on travel costs for shows that can be canceled with a symptomless positive test result hours before a show. 

Let them not be able to sell out 9 shows in the Boston to DC corridor first, then they can worry about not selling out arenas.

I think this is key to the Sacramento/Fresno not selling as well as Southern California, Oakland or Vegas. 

No offense to those cities but if I were traveling and the show got cancelled last minute you could still make something out of the trip. 
  • droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,430
    uglybabo said:
    JimmyV said:

I think this is key to the Sacramento/Fresno not selling as well as Southern California, Oakland or Vegas. 

No offense to those cities but if I were traveling and the show got cancelled last minute you could still make something out of the trip. 
    BINGO
  • uglybabo said:
    JimmyV said:

If the show gets cancelled last minute I will personally take all 10C takers on a tour of Sacramento and the surrounding areas that will leave you wondering why you haven't sold your home and moved here already....Depending on the numbers I will book a brew bike(s) to begin the tour around downtown-that should socially lubricate each and every one of us.  I am telling you...you will never speak ill of this lovely burg again once the tour is completed.....
    :)
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,662
    uglybabo said:
    JimmyV said:

But but but but Fresno is the Paris of the US.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Single GA available.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • She0nceBelievedShe0nceBelieved Fresno, CA Posts: 83
    cutz said:
    JR86440 said:

I live in Fresno. You'll be ok to walk down Shaw Ave. I'm sure there will be a lot of people walking around. It's a busy street, lots of businesses on both sides on the road on route to your hotel. Lots of fast food, restaurants, stores, etc
    2022: Oakland I
    2013: Brooklyn I & II, Phoenix, San Diego, LA I & II, Oakland
    2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton 
    2003: Mt. View, Irvine I & II, San Diego, Las Vegas, Mexico City I, II, III, Mt. View I & II, Santa Barbara
    2000: Sacramento
  • craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,298
    uglybabo said:
    JimmyV said:

If the show gets cancelled last minute I will personally take all 10C takers on a tour of Sacramento and the surrounding areas that will leave you wondering why you haven't sold your home and moved here already....Depending on the numbers I will book a brew bike(s) to begin the tour around downtown-that should socially lubricate each and every one of us.  I am telling you...you will never speak ill of this lovely burg again once the tour is completed.....

Looks like the top 4 rows were removed from sale in Sac .. never seen that for a PJ show 
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,890
    cutz said:
    JR86440 said:

I live in Fresno. You'll be ok to walk down Shaw Ave. I'm sure there will be a lot of people walking around. It's a busy street, lots of businesses on both sides on the road on route to your hotel. Lots of fast food, restaurants, stores, etc
    Thanks!
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    uglybabo said:
    JimmyV said:

Looks like the top 4 rows were removed from sale in Sac .. never seen that for a PJ show 
    Likely not to sell but they are showing for sale still for me.
    Homewood Suites by Hilton on Gettysburg Ave or Home2 Suites by Hilton on Santa Ana Ave?

• 100 Pacer said:
    Homewood Suites by Hilton on Gettysburg Ave or Home2 Suites by Hilton on Santa Ana Ave?
    University Inn: come for the proximity; stay for the black mold. 
  • OfThePearlOfThePearl Posts: 770
    I have both University Inn and Holiday Inn Express, also on Shaw about a mile away. Have to decide which to cancel the day before.
    I just wish I knew if I can tolerate University Inn. Many disgusting reviews, but also quite a few that say 1 night for a show is "ok".

I don't care if its run down, dingy and the shower barely works. But I do need a clean bed and no bugs crawling on me or my stuff.
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,521
    uglybabo said:
    JimmyV said:

We post and comment but it’s impossible to know the story behind the story. I have a relative easy job, but it’s one that requires almost daily babysitting, and I’d HATE to take that laptop w me to LA ;)  It’s nearly impossible for me to take a full week off, even three days off could be a headache. So id be flying cross country, getting in and out quick. Sure I could make a little something out of it, but not for too long. Not the best of investments.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    GA up :wink:
  • JZ280705JZ280705 Posts: 87
    I’m flying in for the two Oakland shows and don’t want to stay around two extra days for Fresno.  If I lived in the area I’d definitely go.  I bought tickets over a year ago for both Amsterdam shows because I was unable to get tickets in the US when they went on sale in 2020. No luck trying to sell those either.