What’s up with Fresno?

Comments

• JZ280705JZ280705 Posts: 87
    JZ280705 said:
    It just amazes me the availability of tickets in California - Fresno especially.  PJ should have played the East coast and saved the real fans the hassle and cost of flying.  $850 flight alone.
    My point on this comment was there isn’t a ticket to found outside of California which you’d think would be sellouts given the population.  I mean Nashville is sold out.
  • Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,239
    JZ280705 said:
    It just amazes me the availability of tickets in California - Fresno especially.  PJ should have played the East coast and saved the real fans the hassle and cost of flying.  $850 flight alone.
    Um, I think it was a bunch of “real fans” from the East & Central regions giving up their tickets for other newly added shows that caused all this availability. 
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,901
    Booked at the Hyatt Place Fresno. 
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,132
    My wife and I are staying in Best Western. About 2 miles from the arena. We are flying into LA next Friday for a fun weekend there, then we are renting a car and driving to Fresno on Sunday evening. Then back to LA to fly home Tuesday night. Should be a fun mini vacation! 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,124
    JZ280705 said:
    Um, I think it was a bunch of “real fans” from the East & Central regions giving up their tickets for other newly added shows that caused all this availability. 
    The concept of "real fans" is dumb but what newly added shows are these that people gave up their California tickets for? The two in California or the one in Nevada?

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 810
    PJNB said:
    100 Pacer said:
    ^^^probably the best reserved seats available.
    And somehow I upgraded. Fresno being Fresno I guess lol! 

are you sitting in Boom's lap now?
    Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,662
    LaFleur said:
    PJNB said:
    100 Pacer said:
    ^^^probably the best reserved seats available.
    And somehow I upgraded. Fresno being Fresno I guess lol! 

are you sitting in Boom's lap now?
    Talking about the first thing that comes up.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    edited May 2022
    Fresno has the excuse of not everyone knowing it is the American Paris. Los Angeles, meanwhile, has no such excuse. A Friday night show in one of the biggest cities in the country being this undersold day of is an embarrassment. 

EDIT: I guess most of it is fan 2 fan, which isn't that unusual given there are always tickets on stubhub day of. Carry on. 
    Post edited by JimmyV on

• pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    I’m pretty sure it’s safe to say, this will be the last time to ever see Pearl Jam in Fresno. All hail the lucky ones, those who get to leave and never come back. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,734
    I’m pretty sure it’s safe to say, this will be the last time to ever see Pearl Jam in Fresno. All hail the lucky ones, those who get to leave and never come back. 
     :D 
  • JZ280705JZ280705 Posts: 87
    JimmyV said:
    JZ280705 said:
    The concept of "real fans" is dumb but what newly added shows are these that people gave up their California tickets for? The two in California or the one in Nevada?
    Don’t take my comment literally.  I’m just pissed I reacted so impulsively buying what I thought were relatively cheap premium tickets thinking I’d have no problem reselling if I couldn’t go or wanted to upgrade and now I’m stuck with $450 of tickets I can’t even discount to cut my loss because of Ticketmaster’s fucked up system.  Was going to go from Oakland to Fresno but don’t want to stay in the area for the extra two days in between.
    JZ280705 said:
    JimmyV said:
    JZ280705 said:
    Don’t take my comment literally.  I’m just pissed I reacted so impulsively buying what I thought were relatively cheap premium tickets thinking I’d have no problem reselling if I couldn’t go or wanted to upgrade and now I’m stuck with $450 of tickets I can’t even discount to cut my loss because of Ticketmaster’s fucked up system.  Was going to go from Oakland to Fresno but don’t want to stay in the area for the extra two days in between.
    I hear you. That is a tough break. 

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,521
    JZ280705 said:
    JimmyV said:
    JZ280705 said:

Tough break, I’d be super frustrated also, but TM is not the only party at fault here making $ on this system.

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    edited May 2022
    Second row single Mikes side going up later. Anyone wants it on pm me 
  • Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,239
    JimmyV said:
    JZ280705 said:
    FYI, I wasn’t the one calling people “real fans”, I was being sarcastic to the person who had said it. Im sure the Camden, Vegas, B&B festival shows definitely made some folks rework their tour plans but I also think the higher cost for hotels & airfare has contributed to people giving up their tickets. 
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,393
    Amen
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
    Fresno is the new home of Pearl Jam and everyone just needs to accept that. 

JimmyV said:
    #whygohome
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • jeremyjmcbjeremyjmcb Posts: 130
    JimmyV said:
    LOL!
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,934

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

on2legs said:

They should take that picture when all the smoke from the summer destruction of our beautiful forests comes into the valley like thick coastal fog mixed with meth dust and gun shot residue. Fres-Hell- No
  • jninejnine Posts: 43
    I wonder if PJ is doing a corporate event at Kelly Slater's Surf Ranch one of the off days before Fresno and that's why ths schedule is odd. 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    Whats up with the heatwave coming to Fresno...

edited May 2022
    PJNB said:

Fresno is Chinese for Hell on Earth. The weather fits the name. 

Seriously, the wife and I were going to get to venue super early for GA and now I’m like the rail isn’t worth heat stroke. 

Fresno sucks!
    Post edited by pearljammr78 on
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,521
    how how exactly did the 10C forum turn into a giant episode of Goliath?
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,393
    PJNB said:

Seriously, the wife and I were going to get to venue super early for GA and now I’m like the rail isn’t worth heat stroke. 

Fresno sucks!
    Hear hear!

Fresno has no natural reason for existing. Someone diverted water supplies to this dusty area to now grow nuts of all things and here we are. There are no trees. The sun beats down all day. Great for walnuts bad for humans.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
    edited May 2022
    PJNB said:

Fresno sucks!
    Hear hear!

Fresno has no natural reason for existing. Someone diverted water supplies to this dusty area to now grow nuts of all things and here we are. There are no trees. The sun beats down all day. Great for walnuts bad for humans.
    And those nuts they grow use so much water. I heard a pound of almonds takes 1900 gallons of water to grow. Good thing water is plentiful in the desert or we would truly be fucked. Lol
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,352
    edited May 2022
    PJNB said:

That spike on May 16 is projected to occur as a result of the scorching set Pearl Jam will play.  Nothing but full albums and rarities.  And "Even Flow," of course.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
    PJNB said:

It’s an inside job…looks like a big wave…be sure to cause whipping…even flow of heat…not for you without proper hydration…enter GA before 7 o’clock…

100 Pacer said:
    PJNB said:

It’s an inside job…looks like a big wave…be sure to cause whipping…even flow of heat…not for you without proper hydration…enter GA before 7 o’clock…
    Nice 🤘🏽