What’s up with Fresno?

1181920212224»

Comments

• NEweatherNEweather Posts: 519
    GP179117 said:
    Oakland 2 > Fresno
    Rock and roll beauty is in the eye of the beholder (listener?)....Was at both and somehow felt that Fresno was "better" which may have been related to being entirely ready to be just whelmed---not over nor under...just whelmed in Fresno...  Frankly was overwhelmed by how more than decent it was....add a bit of original drummer magic potion to the pot and you have a steaming bowl of good musical stew....
            ^ ^ ^ Very good comment, in my opinion.
           I was at both Oaklands. Oakland 2 was 
           great.  Fresno had an "In the Zone" 
            quality that spelled Special to Be 
             in Fresno for that Pearl Jam show
             circa 2022.  It was awesome! 
              Re-Newed Crush, floating my boat,
               making me smile anew...Thankyou
               Pearl Jam! 
  • JZ280705JZ280705 Posts: 87
    NEweather said:
    GP179117 said:
    Oakland 2 > Fresno
    Rock and roll beauty is in the eye of the beholder (listener?)....Was at both and somehow felt that Fresno was "better" which may have been related to being entirely ready to be just whelmed---not over nor under...just whelmed in Fresno...  Frankly was overwhelmed by how more than decent it was....add a bit of original drummer magic potion to the pot and you have a steaming bowl of good musical stew....
               Pearl Jam! 
    The crowd has a lot to do with it.  That’s why MSG is such a great show.  They don’t play longer or harder, but the place rocks - literally.  You feel the floor vibrate. Just hope I can get a ticket.  You’d think they do 2 shows there before SD or Oakland.
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,352
    JZ280705 said:
    NEweather said:
    GP179117 said:
    Oakland 2 > Fresno
               Pearl Jam! 
    The crowd has a lot to do with it.  That’s why MSG is such a great show.  They don’t play longer or harder, but the place rocks - literally.  You feel the floor vibrate. Just hope I can get a ticket.  You’d think they do 2 shows there before SD or Oakland.
    Eddie and Matt have close ties to San Diego.  They love playing there.  The 2013 show there was epic.  East Coast bias is alive and well-- and I say this as a native New Yorker who has seen them eight times at MSG, twice at Barclays, three times at Jones Beach as well as at Nassau Coliseum and in Newark.  Some of the MSG shows have been epic.  Others have been "ordinary."  There's nothing inherently better about MSG shows.  
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,899
    BF25394 said:
    JZ280705 said:
    NEweather said:
    GP179117 said:
    Oakland 2 > Fresno
               Pearl Jam! 
    Eddie and Matt have close ties to San Diego.  They love playing there.  The 2013 show there was epic.  East Coast bias is alive and well-- and I say this as a native New Yorker who has seen them eight times at MSG, twice at Barclays, three times at Jones Beach as well as at Nassau Coliseum and in Newark.  Some of the MSG shows have been epic.  Others have been "ordinary."  There's nothing inherently better about MSG shows.  
    An Irving Plaza show. 😬
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,517
    I only went to the 2 Oakland shows, but I felt the 1st was better.   Setlist might look greatest hits, but there was a magic between the crowd and band while they tried to improvise using other drummers.    I thought the band was magic and the crowd.  Night 2 was decent, but you could tell there was a little more struggling.  Setlist was amazing, but something about night 1.

• DEGBTIDEGBTI Posts: 965
    Gotta love Fresno. Went to get some grub at a little Mexican place by the hotel. This hammered lady voluntarily gave me the whole history of meth and drug issues in the city. She then asked if she could be my plus 1 for the show, ha. An epic trip for me already and I haven't even made it to the show.
    HAHA!
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,352
    Zod said:
    I only went to the 2 Oakland shows, but I felt the 1st was better.   Setlist might look greatest hits, but there was a magic between the crowd and band while they tried to improvise using other drummers.    I thought the band was magic and the crowd.  Night 2 was decent, but you could tell there was a little more struggling.  Setlist was amazing, but something about night 1.

Agreed on all points.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,393
    . My beautiful wife and the legend Rob after the show  🤘🏽🤘🏽🤘🏽 Happy 300!!
    I gotta ask about the tatt… is it in remembrance of the Spectrum show? 😂
    Of course. Never forget the spectrum. Lol.

No we got married on that date. Wife and I got matching Jack O Lantern tattoos and the dates to commemorate. 

Renewed our vows on Halloween 2020 and got matching Beatles Tattoos. This Friday is 17 years of being a couple. My best friend and concert companion. 

Beautiful!!
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,393
    PJammin' said:
    BF25394 said:
    JZ280705 said:
    NEweather said:
    GP179117 said:
    Oakland 2 > Fresno
               Pearl Jam! 
    An Irving Plaza show. 😬
    Oh man still very jealous of the bastards that got into Irving Plaza.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,643
    JZ280705 said:
    NEweather said:
    GP179117 said:
    Oakland 2 > Fresno
               Pearl Jam! 
    These are makeup shows, no PJ in SD or LA since 2013. NY hasn’t had THAT long a wait for shows….
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • JZ280705JZ280705 Posts: 87
    JZ280705 said:
    NEweather said:
    GP179117 said:
    Oakland 2 > Fresno
               Pearl Jam! 
    These are makeup shows, no PJ in SD or LA since 2013. NY hasn’t had THAT long a wait for shows….
    Which is why it’s so amazing there were tickets.  I went to Oakland in 2013 from NYC.  I couldn’t get a ticket at MSG.