What’s up with Fresno?

Comments

• jammergirljammergirl Posts: 599
    Almost did University Inn too, then switched to Hilton. I'd rather be a littler further away and pay a bit more than be in a sketchy place.
  • Almost did University Inn too, then switched to Hilton. I'd rather be a littler further away and pay a bit more than be in a sketchy place.
    I'll be snug in my bedbug-infested bed while you all are still waiting on an Uber. Suckers!
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    Almost did University Inn too, then switched to Hilton. I'd rather be a littler further away and pay a bit more than be in a sketchy place.
    I'll be snug in my bedbug-infested bed while you all are still waiting on an Uber. Suckers!
    Love it! lol
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,762
    Might not be a long wait with only about 6,000 fans there>LOL

I know I'd like to stay within walking distance too. Unless, the place is a real piece of shit!
  • jammergirljammergirl Posts: 599
    HA! 
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,890
    It’s only a mile or so to the other hotels.  Very walkable I would think.  Happy to be corrected if someone knows differently.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • jagerweisjagerweis Los Angeles, CA Posts: 152
    I mean, they HAVE to play 1/2 Full, right? 
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    jagerweis said:
    No reason to ever play that song unless they’re doing Riot Act in full. 

Calling for Strangest Tribe in Fresno. And Faithful for those of us in the room. 
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • jagerweisjagerweis Los Angeles, CA Posts: 152
    jagerweis said:
    No reason to ever play that song unless they’re doing Riot Act in full. 

Calling for Strangest Tribe in Fresno. And Faithful for those of us in the room. 
    Haha, don't disagree, not remotely a request, just a low capacity joke.
  • pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    Sadly, I live in Fresno. It is the asshole of California and if you been to California lately, that’s saying a lot. Glad I only have to drive 15 mins to the show instead of 3-4 hours. Everything about Fresno fucking sucks. I hope for a great show though. My thought was that Ed could get some surfing in at the Surf Ranch in Lemoore. That place is hella sick. Oakland is three hours from Fresno. Yosemite is an epic place but always crowded. There are some epic spots without the crowds in these mountains. Yes, I don’t understand why the band would come here again after the first and only time in 2000. Listen to that show. Ed comments how pathetic the crowd in Fresno is. But I’m not going to complain. I get to see my favorite band of all time and don’t have to travel. Fuck yea. I’m ready. 🤘🏽🤘🏽🤘🏽
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    edited April 2022
    You might get multiple STDs from sheets at the University Inn. That place is a dumpster fire with beds. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,450
    Sadly, I live in Fresno. It is the asshole of California and if you been to California lately, that’s saying a lot. Glad I only have to drive 15 mins to the show instead of 3-4 hours. Everything about Fresno fucking sucks. I hope for a great show though. My thought was that Ed could get some surfing in at the Surf Ranch in Lemoore. That place is hella sick. Oakland is three hours from Fresno. Yosemite is an epic place but always crowded. There are some epic spots without the crowds in these mountains. Yes, I don’t understand why the band would come here again after the first and only time in 2000. Listen to that show. Ed comments how pathetic the crowd in Fresno is. But I’m not going to complain. I get to see my favorite band of all time and don’t have to travel. Fuck yea. I’m ready. 🤘🏽🤘🏽🤘🏽
    Maybe he went back and listened to that show himself and wants to right a wrong haha
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Almost did University Inn too, then switched to Hilton. I'd rather be a littler further away and pay a bit more than be in a sketchy place.
    You might get multiple STDs from sheets at the University Inn. That place is a dumpster fire with beds. 
    STDs: Collect them all!
  • RK50065RK50065 Posts: 897
    That would be really funny if they are only playing Fresno so Ed can surf with Kelly Slater. 
  • OfThePearlOfThePearl Posts: 770
    That DID make me LOL!
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,834
    I suddenly have the urge to buy those GA tickets.   
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....Las Vegas N1, Las Vegas N2, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Boston N1, Boston N2
    2025.....????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • I think it goes beyond Fresno to be honest.  If you look at the entire May leg, has there ever been a run of shows with this many really good seats available?

You can go on TM right and grab an excellent face value ticket for any of the shows in May

I really think it’s more related to the 7 weeks of notice coupled with an increasingly difficult financial state for many people as opposed to Fresno just being a bad decision 
    Sounds like the 9 most special shows ever are coming.  The Special Leg.
    "The Special Leg"........
    #thingsthatsounddirtybutaren't
  • I wonder if they'll sneak in a little Boise, ID date w/ the randomness of Fresno? Been since 2000.....
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    I had to put that single GA out of its misery not being sold for so long. See you in Fresno!
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,901
    PJNB said:
    I had to put that single GA out of its misery not being sold for so long. See you in Fresno!
    👍🤘
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,124
    PJNB said:
    My man. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,814
    PJNB said:
    Good stuff!
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,834
    PJNB said:
    That’s too funny.   Good for you 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....Las Vegas N1, Las Vegas N2, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Boston N1, Boston N2
    2025.....????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,762
    PJNB said:
    HAHA

Kool deal
  • Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,239
    If I still lived in San Jose, this show would be a no brainer.
    Still is!
    I've looked into flights and the cost is just too much for us right now. We are going to both London shows in July, and are getting ready to throw down the money for plane tickets back from either London or Paris, depending on where we fly back from. We need to figure it out this weekend. We are going to fly to London, watch the 2 shows and then take the channel train to Paris for a few days. Depending on the difference in the cost of flights, we are going to either fly back from Paris, or take the train back to London and then fly back.  
    Fresno is the Paris of the San Joaquin Valley....
    LOL, Paris, TX maybe. 
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,890
    cutz said:
    PJNB said:
    HAHA

Kool deal
    With a PJNB sighting, Fresno is ready to rock.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,239
    Haijay said:
    It’s a small market, it’s a Monday night, and the planet is only barely emerging from two years of life changing circumstances, those are three big pretty reasons right there. Nevermind the location, lol. Still, they’ll prob draw 8 to 9 thousand. Not bad not bad
    As far as the other cali shows go, and arizona, they were all sold out in 2020, the whole tour was, AGAIN. Theres 40 million people in cali, it’s not about the demand, it’s the world we still live in right now. With the exception of Oak 1, the shows are basically sold out save for a couple hundred?seats  left, and behind the stage
    BINGO! Not sure where everyone is getting the thought that PJ hasn't been a draw in CA for the past 10 as venues have always sold out on previous West Coast tours. Hell in the last 10 years PJ has only played the Bay Area 4 times with two of those times being Bridge School appearances and another one being a private corporate gig, with their lone proper appearance being OAK 2013, which was sold out. 
  • LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 810
    PJNB said:
    Awesome. 
    Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,901
    Question is will @PJNB make it out of Fresno alive?!
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,392
    PJNB said:

let me know if you need to borrow money for a good divorce lawyer.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......