What’s up with Fresno?

Comments

• JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,124
    I have both University Inn and Holiday Inn Express, also on Shaw about a mile away. Have to decide which to cancel the day before.
    I just wish I knew if I can tolerate University Inn. Many disgusting reviews, but also quite a few that say 1 night for a show is "ok".

I don't care if its run down, dingy and the shower barely works. But I do need a clean bed and no bugs crawling on me or my stuff.
    If there any concerns at all about cleanliness and bed bugs then let your decision be made. Go with the other place. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • ClownofThornsClownofThorns Posts: 165
    JimmyV said:
    I have both University Inn and Holiday Inn Express, also on Shaw about a mile away. Have to decide which to cancel the day before.
    I just wish I knew if I can tolerate University Inn. Many disgusting reviews, but also quite a few that say 1 night for a show is "ok".

I don't care if its run down, dingy and the shower barely works. But I do need a clean bed and no bugs crawling on me or my stuff.
    If there any concerns at all about cleanliness and bed bugs then let your decision be made. Go with the other place. 
    Well, University Inn doesn't have any bed bug reports, but a Holiday Inn Express in Fresno does!! https://www.bedbugreports.com/city/ca-fresno
  • GP179117GP179117 Posts: 362
    i'd sleep in my car if i wasn't sure i'd get jacked by some local meth head.    
    Tempers are wearing thin. Let's hope some robot doesn't kill everybody.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,762
    cutz said:
    JR86440 said:
    I'm staying at Hilton one mile away. Guessing it is safe enough to walk back after show? Wouldn't want to do that in LA that's for sure..
    I'm staying at the Holiday Inn and it's a little less then a mile away and I HOPE to be able to walk it too. Good question: Is it a safe walk?

Also staying about a mile away from The Forum and I'll be walking, along with others.
    I live in Fresno. You'll be ok to walk down Shaw Ave. I'm sure there will be a lot of people walking around. It's a busy street, lots of businesses on both sides on the road on route to your hotel. Lots of fast food, restaurants, stores, etc
    Thanks for that Info.
  • She0nceBelievedShe0nceBelieved Fresno, CA Posts: 83

University Inn is literally across the street. It's your typical older type motel/hotel. I'm sure some rooms are a little more/less updated than others. If the price is right, and for the convenience, I would stay there one night. I went to a small little party there once like 10 years ago. It was ok....
    2022: Oakland I
    2013: Brooklyn I & II, Phoenix, San Diego, LA I & II, Oakland
    2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton 
    2003: Mt. View, Irvine I & II, San Diego, Las Vegas, Mexico City I, II, III, Mt. View I & II, Santa Barbara
    2000: Sacramento
  • She0nceBelievedShe0nceBelieved Fresno, CA Posts: 83
    cutz said:
    cutz said:
    JR86440 said:
    I'm staying at Hilton one mile away. Guessing it is safe enough to walk back after show? Wouldn't want to do that in LA that's for sure..
    I'm staying at the Holiday Inn and it's a little less then a mile away and I HOPE to be able to walk it too. Good question: Is it a safe walk?

Also staying about a mile away from The Forum and I'll be walking, along with others.
    I live in Fresno. You'll be ok to walk down Shaw Ave. I'm sure there will be a lot of people walking around. It's a busy street, lots of businesses on both sides on the road on route to your hotel. Lots of fast food, restaurants, stores, etc
    Thanks for that Info.
    Anytime :)
    2022: Oakland I
    2013: Brooklyn I & II, Phoenix, San Diego, LA I & II, Oakland
    2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton 
    2003: Mt. View, Irvine I & II, San Diego, Las Vegas, Mexico City I, II, III, Mt. View I & II, Santa Barbara
    2000: Sacramento
  • OfThePearlOfThePearl Posts: 770
    JimmyV said:

Well, University Inn doesn't have any bed bug reports, but a Holiday Inn Express in Fresno does!! https://www.bedbugreports.com/city/ca-fresno
    Oh geez! Thanks ClownOfThorns! Maybe I need to cancel them both.
    No, I didn't hear anything about bedbugs (other than Thorns' joke in another post), but other bugs were mentioned.
    If I really thought there were bedbugs, that would be an instant no. I've also never seen even a low end place not have clean sheets, but I suppose there's a first for everything.
    I was kind of hoping someone would comment who knew something about the place, to help me decide.
    U Inn is so close, you just want it to work, but maybe not.
    Hmm. Thanks SheOnceBelieved.  Maybe it will be ok for 1 night. I know its right across the street, that's the only reason I was considering it.
    Reviews have said some rooms were quite a bit better than others. Hmmm.
    Ok, I checked the link given above about bedbugs. The hotel that had a report was a different HIE location and over a year ago, so that's a relief. Several other Holiday Inn Express in the area were found to be clear.

No accordions playing in MY room, lol.
    Enough about bad hotels.

Where's the good pizza in Fresno? 
  • kramerica4kramerica4 Posts: 284
    All in all, the ist leg shows are selling pretty well in most places.
    San Diego is pretty much sold out except less than 100 seats.
    LA 1 has many tickets left behind the stage.The rest pretty much sold out.
    LA 2 also has lots of tickets left behind the stage, but not as many as LA 1.
    Glendale (AZ) looks lilke LA 2, mostly tickets behind the stage in the upper sections.
    Oakland 1 has a huge amount of tickets left, all over the place.
    Oakland 2 looks much better with mostly seats behind the stage left.
    Fresno has seats left all over the place, with pretty great tickets to grab.
    Sacramento has lots of upper section tickets available.
    To my surprise, even Las Vegas has some pretty good seats left.

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    edited May 2022
    All in all, the ist leg shows are selling pretty well in most places.
    San Diego is pretty much sold out except less than 100 seats.
    LA 1 has many tickets left behind the stage.The rest pretty much sold out.
    LA 2 also has lots of tickets left behind the stage, but not as many as LA 1.
    Glendale (AZ) looks lilke LA 2, mostly tickets behind the stage in the upper sections.
    Oakland 1 has a huge amount of tickets left, all over the place.
    Oakland 2 looks much better with mostly seats behind the stage left.
    Fresno has seats left all over the place, with pretty great tickets to grab.
    Sacramento has lots of upper section tickets available.
    To my surprise, even Las Vegas has some pretty good seats left.

I am a firm believer Vegas would of sold out if they would of dropped all the tickets at once on public sale day and they were not doing platinum bullshit. Now (even then) traveling to Vegas is through the roof with prices as and platinum prices dropping not many are going to add that show now I don't think. Same goes for Sacramento for those that already have Vegas. We added Sacramento late and because of the airfare to Vegas on the 19th our total cost of our trip went up $1300. Committed to going before knowing this and just said fuck it. Thats a lot for one show and already having a trip planned. 
  • pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    Enough about bad hotels.

Where's the good pizza in Fresno
    Curry Pizza on Shaw and Marks is super legit. 
    Mountain Mikes rules too. Mountain mikes is maybe a mile from the arena and Curry Pizza is maybe three miles. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
    Maybe we will get Bugs as a tribute to the shittiness of Fresno Hotels. 
  • JZ280705JZ280705 Posts: 87
    Maybe we will get Bugs as a tribute to the shittiness of Fresno Hotels. 
    Lol - Fresno sounds like quite the tourist attraction.  I stupidly bought two tickets for the same night thinking they were different shows  - neither of which I can use and will most certainly go to waste since they are too high priced.   

I don’t blame Pearl Jam who is trying to stop scalpers, but Ticketmaster/Live Nation are the worst.  Every Live Nation venue is a guaging operation with their overpriced shitty food and drinks.  I’m surprised they don’t have VIP restroom passes where they charge per sheet of toilet paper.  I went to a Live Nation show they were selling Vodka Lemonade in a “souvenir” mason jar (a clear glass jar) for $20.  
    Fresno. Come for the meth. Stay for the gang violence. 
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,450
    Fresno. Come for the meth. Stay for the gang violence. 
    It’s official, PJ will open with Gangsta’s Paradise in Fresno
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016

Slap PJ and a date on that and sold! 
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,662
    PJNB said:

Slap PJ and a date on that and sold! 
    ISO green sun variant
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,124

Ah, one of Emek's lesser-known classics. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658
    Crazy that GA is available at price and not even fan to fan. Was going to just say fuck it and fly out of Boston on Sunday and just come back Tuesday morning. I can’t find a flight there at all. 
    Matts3221 said:
    Crazy that GA is available at price and not even fan to fan. Was going to just say fuck it and fly out of Boston on Sunday and just come back Tuesday morning. I can’t find a flight there at all. 
    Try San Francisco and catch a train but even San Fran is expensive for that time.
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,901
    Matts3221 said:
    LAX and rent a car?
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,239
    Matts3221 said:
    Try either the Sacramento airport or Oakland and rent a car. 
  • NEweatherNEweather Posts: 519
    Check for flights& rental cars Sacramento, or Merced, Ca- to hit Fresno- 
  • Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658
    Well after a bit of hunting and having not been on a plane since February 2020.

Between flight and car rentals , well over 1,000

oh well , play like a ton of dates in Massachusetts so I can go out to the North Hampton date and get floor tickets. Thank you all for the tips 
  • NEweatherNEweather Posts: 519
        probably the c-19 pandemic has lessened the options of affordable, direct flights to Fresno's FAT "international" airport. But it's only what? a 10-15min. drive to Savemart Center, from that Fresno airport, so an uber/ taxi- 
      I don't relish a drive from Oakland to Fresno @ about 3&1/2 hours one-way, & rental cars cost. Even Sac or San Jose to Fresno is a "drive".
    I was under the assumption that GA was ten club only. That’s what I get for assuming. 
    I was under the assumption that GA was ten club only. That’s what I get for assuming. 
    The first people that had the tickets would have had to bought them through 10C lotto. Now we have fan to fan anyone can grab them when they are up for resale.