Ohana 2022?

Comments

• KL159781KL159781 Posts: 118
    i think Crowded House will be on the bill.
  • Who has an extra hotel booked that doesn't need??  Prices are nuts.
    Ignore this - I was looking at Ohana weekend.  Found something reasonable for Encore (DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Doheny Beach - Dana Point).  Seems there are rooms left.
    Stayed there for Encore last year and it worked out great.
  • wsimon74wsimon74 Posts: 503
    Did notice Macklemore is touring in Ca around the same time as well , would be an interesting act 
  • 22Phoennix22Phoennix Posts: 41
    Encore?????
    Smile for Mom
    2018 - Prague, Krakow, Seattle 2
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,124

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,889
    JimmyV said:

Thanks for posting.  Wasn’t expecting Sat/Sun…
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,591
    Good ole frontgate with the early confirmation again this year
    For anyone wanting to see the page themselves:

https://ohanaencore.frontgatetickets.com/

• JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,702
    edited June 2022
    JimmyV said:

Thanks for posting. I had a room booked for Friday and Saturday based on last year. After seeing this, I hopped on the web and reserved a room for Sunday too.
    Maybe this year or maybe not this year, but I do think Uncle Neil is likely to play this festival at some point. Either Pearl Jam or Ed solo played the Bridge School so many times and probably still would be showing up today. 

• gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,640
    JimmyV said:

Thanks for posting. I had a room booked for Friday and Saturday based on last year. After seeing this, I hopped on the web and reserved a room for Sunday too.
    I had 4 reservations based on last year's dates, but none have me staying over Sunday... but that's ok.i added one yesterday that did
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,702
    JimmyV said:

I had 4 reservations based on last year's dates, but none have me staying over Sunday... but that's ok.i added one yesterday that did
    Sunday does make sense, since Monday is a holiday.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,362
    One would think the Pretenders would be on the card.  They were supposed to play last year and Ed is a big fan of Chrissie. 
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,831
    Had a few based on possible 2-day & 3-day scenarios, luckily had one that lines up properly for those dates. Released a few rooms at the Doubletree just now but I'm sure the prices are jumping today.
  • Daron OshayDaron Oshay Posts: 2,549
    wsimon74 said:
    My guess it's just EV and the Earthlings for the encore - only the OF and EV accounts tweeted about it, not Pearl Jam

Either way - pumped!
    Based on the soft demand for the California Earthling shows, have to wonder what else they can add to the lineup to justify the second weekend other than PJ? 
    Good point, although the timing of the shows indoor and the mandate status at the time had to be a factor
    wsimon74 said:
    My guess it's just EV and the Earthlings for the encore - only the OF and EV accounts tweeted about it, not Pearl Jam

Either way - pumped!
    Based on the soft demand for the California Earthling shows, have to wonder what else they can add to the lineup to justify the second weekend other than PJ? 
    Good point, although the timing of the shows indoor and the mandate status at the time had to be a factor
    good point as well, particulalry given the myriad of covid infections they had on that tour. 

8/9... it's official!!!
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,770
    I miss igotid88
  • walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,569
    Luckytwn1 said:
    Luckytwn1 said:
    JimmyV said:
    "It will be just one weekend this year, as opposed to the two it spread out to in 2021, due to high demand for a long-awaited reappearance by Pearl Jam, which is not on the lineup this time."

This is either really poor writing or (more likely) the writer is surmising based on the initial lineup drop.

If he had actual inside information about this, he would/should have mentioned the source of it, as he does the information about the fest potentially moving to another location ("Although festival organizers had indicated last year...").

My guess is still that there will be an Encore, it won't be announced until a few weeks/months down the line, and this writer is just assuming that since it wasn't part of the original lineup announcement, it's not happening.
    I think his source is this article Variety published last October. I don't know that I totally buy the origin of Encore presented here, to be honest. 

https://variety.com/2021/music/news/ohana-festival-growing-pearl-jam-1235080446/
    Right. He doesn't sound like someone who has inside information when many other factors seem to point toward there being a second weekend.

The writer of the Variety article is Chris Willman. He is one of the most experienced and well connected music reporters around writing for a major industry trade publication. It's a little bit different than reading a rumor on Twitter.

He was just promoted to Senior Music Writer and Chief Music Critic last week.  You can read about his extensive career here. https://variety.com/2022/music/news/chris-willman-promote-music-critic-1235219972/
    That's fine. He can obviously write. But there's not a single thing in the article that suggests any sort of inside knowledge. He's essentially telling us who's on the lineup, saying some things about a few of the artists, and reminding us of some details from last year.

Since he's an experienced writer, he would likely not make the rookie mistake of providing information without a source IF there is a source. It stands to reason that his comment about there not being a Weekend 2 this year is an assumption based on today's lineup drop -- if he knew this for a fact, he should have provided the source of this information.

Just because someone is an experienced and highly-regarded writer, doesn't mean they know everything that is going on behind the scenes, and it certainly doesn't mean that EV and the other festival organizers are letting anyone in on their plans for an Encore (if those plans indeed exist).
    I don't believe there is any way he (or any other writer for a major trade publication) drops that into the article without running it by the event's publicist first. And if it was wrong, they'd probably have him remove it once the article came out. That's the way things work.
    Had this thread bookmarked just so I could come back to it when Encore was announced. Never give too much credit to "insight" that is provided without a source. This writer obviously didn't do his homework when stating that there wouldn't be an Encore this year and made an assumption based on the initial lineup drop. 
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,814
    edited June 2022
    Wish I could go if PJ Plays, but I can only choose one more west coast trip this year, and that’ll be for the Taylor Hawkins show. 

Ohana is a great festival, so hopefully 1-2 nights for PJ
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • BH87446BH87446 Posts: 113
    Sacramento is right on the way home for the guys. Just saying.
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,814
    BH87446 said:
    They won’t, but it’s almost a shame if they don’t play Sac and Vegas in between Denver and Ohana.  It is so, so doable.
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • BH87446 said:
    +1
    Wish I could go if PJ Plays, but I can only choose one more west coast trip this year, and that’ll be for the Taylor Hawkins show. 

Ohana is a great festival, so hopefully 1-2 nights for PJ
    I'll be at Taylor tribute too
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 Posts: 1,400
    Unless its announced as some sort of PJ32 /acoustic show/special event this is very unexciting for another LA crowd that won't sell out and even shorter setlist if it is in fact PJ playing.  Hoping to see some October shows get billed for voting push.  TX would be good - this place needs change.
  • jammergirljammergirl Posts: 599
    Just booked a room at the Double Tree just in case, hope it's a good line up! 
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI Posts: 965

Had this thread bookmarked just so I could come back to it when Encore was announced. Never give too much credit to "insight" that is provided without a source. This writer obviously didn't do his homework when stating that there wouldn't be an Encore this year and made an assumption based on the initial lineup drop. 
    your so right, I totally agree. There were many clues it was happening...
  • SpartanacusSpartanacus Posts: 828
    Unless its announced as some sort of PJ32 /acoustic show/special event this is very unexciting for another LA crowd that won't sell out and even shorter setlist if it is in fact PJ playing.  Hoping to see some October shows get billed for voting push.  TX would be good - this place needs change.
    Fun Fact:  PJ played more songs (26) the final night of Ohana last year than they did at all of their concerts this year.  Give me PJ in Ohana over LA any day!!!!
    19 Pearl Jam shows and still searching for Deep!
    1998 (2) - East Lansing & Auburn Hills; 2000 (2) - Tampa & Noblesville; 2003 (2) - Lexington & Noblesville; 2006 (1) - Cincinnati; 2007 (1) - Chicago (Lollapalooza); 2008 (Ed in Milwaukee); 2009 (1) - Chicago; 2010 (1) - Noblesville; 2013 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2016 (Temple of the Dog in Los Angeles); 2017 (Ed at Ohana in Dana Point);
    2021 (3) - Dana Point I, II & III; 2022 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2025 - Southern U.S. Tour Please!
    Fun Fact:  PJ played more songs (26) the final night of Ohana last year than they did at all of their concerts this year.  Give me PJ in Ohana over LA any day!!!!
    The only critique I would have for the ohana shows was that the set lists were very similar 
  • heartofadogheartofadog Portland, OR Posts: 357
    Given that all of the promo for the encore has featured Ed/Earthlings, and the accompanying song is from the Earthling record, I'd be surprised if Pearl Jam played that weekend, but it'd be a very pleasant surprise.
    1993: Portland, OR (09/06), Seattle, WA (12/07), Seattle, WA (12/08), Seattle, WA (12/09)
    1995: Seattle, WA (02/05)
    1996: Seattle, WA (09/16)
    1997:
    Oakland, CA (11/19)
    1998:
    Portland, OR (07/18), Seattle, WA (07/21), Seattle, WA (07/22)
    2000: Bellingham, WA (05/10), Vancouver, BC (05/11), Mountain View, CA (10/31), Portland, OR (11/02), Seattle, WA (11/05), Seattle, WA (11/06)
    2002: Seattle, WA (12/05), Seattle, WA (12/06), Seattle, WA (12/08), Seattle, WA (12/09)
    2003: Vancouver, BC (05/30), Seattle, WA (10/22)
    2005: Quincy, WA (09/01)
    2006: Portland, OR (07/20), Quincy, WA (07/22), Quincy, WA (07/23)
    2009: Berlin, DE (08/15), Seattle, WA (9/21), Seattle, WA (9/22)
    2010: Berlin, DE (06/30)
    2013: Los Angeles, CA (11/23), Los Angeles, CA (11/24), Portland, OR (11/29), Spokane, WA (11/30)
    2018: Seattle, WA (08/10)
    2022: Seattle, WA (02/22), New York, NY (09/10), New York, NY (09/11), Camden, NJ (09/14), Denver, CO (09/22)
    2023: St. Paul, MN (08/31), St. Paul, MN (09/02)
    2024: Portland, OR (05/10), Sacramento, CA (05/13), Los Angeles, CA (05/21), Los Angeles, CA (05/22), Seattle, WA (05/28)