Ohana 2022?

Comments

• UtahBoltUtahBolt Posts: 188
    Has ohana ever “sold out” I may wanna go be won’t know until mid sept
    We had two tickets last year but could not go because of my daughter's softball tourney.  Tried to sell them on F2F and not even a nibble.  Trouble was on the Ohana F2F last year you could not drop them below face (could not charge more either) and so they sat there for weeks with all the other face value tickets not selling and we had to eat them.  Ouch. 

It was worth it though as I saw my daughter hit her first ever home run, no concert is worth missing that!
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,362
    edited April 2022
    UtahBolt said:
    Has ohana ever “sold out” I may wanna go be won’t know until mid sept
    We had two tickets last year but could not go because of my daughter's softball tourney.  Tried to sell them on F2F and not even a nibble.  Trouble was on the Ohana F2F last year you could not drop them below face (could not charge more either) and so they sat there for weeks with all the other face value tickets not selling and we had to eat them.  Ouch. 

It was worth it though as I saw my daughter hit her first ever home run, no concert is worth missing that!
    I tried to buy tickets myself last year in August and it was sold out online.  I had to buy from someone although it was below face and not through fan to fan 
  • NEweatherNEweather Posts: 519
    kaw753 said:
    JH6056 said:
    PJNB said:
    matt84 said:
    With there already being seven CA shows on the calendar this year, I just don’t see them playing Ohana again even with that tweet from yesterday. 

And since I’ve already committed myself to Ohana for the Saturday show this year (which is by far the best lineup of the 3 nights imo), I won’t be making the trek for an Encore weekend even if PJ is announced. 
    A Pearl Jam show at Ohana is going to be an instant sell out though, regardless of how many other shows they are playing.
    Encore did not sell out last year and that was with a starving fanbase for shows. Maybe still too much into the pandemic but still would of expected enough people to fill the place in that area. 
    Makes sense. I would have done so much to go last year, and to me the line-up last year was incredible. If last year didn't sell out (Covid most likely the main challenge last year), then I also doubt this year is somehow a guaranteed sell out with PJ added.

This year I COULD go and I even struck out on east coast PJ tix so right now I have NO PJ tix at all for 2022.  But even if they add PJ to the Encore, I wouldn't make the trip because it's all too expensive (with flights & hotels) for just 1 PJ set. A few bands on lineup I'd really love to see, but same deal: too expensive for just those few.
    I went to Encore last year because of the two shows, but it is actually a sneaky hard place to get to. The Uber to/from LAX was about $250 because car rentals were even worse. I realize there are closer airports, but that often requires a connection.
               I found it to be a sneaky hard place to get to, also. Liked the way you put it...
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,702
    NEweather said:
    kaw753 said:
    JH6056 said:
    PJNB said:
    matt84 said:
    With there already being seven CA shows on the calendar this year, I just don’t see them playing Ohana again even with that tweet from yesterday. 

And since I’ve already committed myself to Ohana for the Saturday show this year (which is by far the best lineup of the 3 nights imo), I won’t be making the trek for an Encore weekend even if PJ is announced. 
    A Pearl Jam show at Ohana is going to be an instant sell out though, regardless of how many other shows they are playing.
    Encore did not sell out last year and that was with a starving fanbase for shows. Maybe still too much into the pandemic but still would of expected enough people to fill the place in that area. 
    Makes sense. I would have done so much to go last year, and to me the line-up last year was incredible. If last year didn't sell out (Covid most likely the main challenge last year), then I also doubt this year is somehow a guaranteed sell out with PJ added.

This year I COULD go and I even struck out on east coast PJ tix so right now I have NO PJ tix at all for 2022.  But even if they add PJ to the Encore, I wouldn't make the trip because it's all too expensive (with flights & hotels) for just 1 PJ set. A few bands on lineup I'd really love to see, but same deal: too expensive for just those few.
    I went to Encore last year because of the two shows, but it is actually a sneaky hard place to get to. The Uber to/from LAX was about $250 because car rentals were even worse. I realize there are closer airports, but that often requires a connection.
               I found it to be a sneaky hard place to get to, also. Liked the way you put it...
    The only thing that was a pain about the location for me last year is them changing the site of the shuttle location. I had a hotel close to San Clemente, but when it changed, I canceled my hotel and found an AirBnB a close walk from the venue and sold my shuttle tickets. It actually ended up working out better for me. 
    NEweather said:
    kaw753 said:
    JH6056 said:
    PJNB said:
    matt84 said:

The only thing that was a pain about the location for me last year is them changing the site of the shuttle location. I had a hotel close to San Clemente, but when it changed, I canceled my hotel and found an AirBnB a close walk from the venue and sold my shuttle tickets. It actually ended up working out better for me. 
            ( I was just a newbie Late Bird. Someone @home was sayin'-" Yeah, Aftershock's coming!" -like it was the next thing. I said "Nah-  Ohana Encore's before That..." , & we ended up going, & it was worthwhile - happy ) 
    NEweather said:
    NEweather said:
    kaw753 said:
    JH6056 said:
    PJNB said:
    matt84 said:

( I was just a newbie Late Bird. Someone @home was sayin'-" Yeah, Aftershock's coming!" -like it was the next thing. I said "Nah-  Ohana Encore's before That..." , & we ended up going, & it was worthwhile - happy ) 
    I had to go solo because my wife couldn’t get off of work, but I had a blast. Hopefully there is an encore this year. We have plans we can’t get out of the weekend of 9/30, and the line up that was announced isn’t one I would fly in to go to. 
    NEweather said:
    NEweather said:
    kaw753 said:
    JH6056 said:
    PJNB said:
    matt84 said:

I had to go solo because my wife couldn’t get off of work, but I had a blast. Hopefully there is an encore this year. We have plans we can’t get out of the weekend of 9/30, and the line up that was announced isn’t one I would fly in to go to. 
             Here's to it then, a PJ OE, & you're there! 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,124
    edited June 2022
    Luckytwn1 said:
    JimmyV said:
    "It will be just one weekend this year, as opposed to the two it spread out to in 2021, due to high demand for a long-awaited reappearance by Pearl Jam, which is not on the lineup this time."

Interesting. I wonder if there is a press release somewhere that says that or if this reporter is just surmising. 
    Safe to say, Variety doesn't just "surmise" info.
    Is it?

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheOhanaFest/status/1534929619870265344
    Post edited by JimmyV on

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI Posts: 965
    room rates just went up! Its happening!
  • The_Giant_MidgetThe_Giant_Midget Los Angeles Posts: 574
    full band + Bruce?
    Beacon '08
    Philly 2-4 '09
    Newark '10
    MSG 1+2 '10
    E.V. Beacon 1+2 '11
    Made in America Festival '12
    Worcester 1+2 '13
    Brooklyn 1+2 '13
    Global Citizens Festival '15
    MSG 1+2 '16
    Fenway Park 1+2 '16
    Ohana '17
    Home Shows 1+2 '18
    Ohana '18
    Ohana '19
    Sea Hear Now '21
    Ohana '21
    LA 1+2 '22
    Austin 1+2 '23
    Ohana '23
    Vegas 1+2 '24
    LA 1+2 '24
    MSG 1+2 '24
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,362
    full band + Bruce?
    That would be outrageous. 
    Pearl Jam is likely, Painted Shield is a lock. 

• wsimon74wsimon74 Posts: 503
    edited June 2022
    Literally cancelled my hotel reservation two days ago .... son of a .... 
    Post edited by wsimon74 on
  • Daron OshayDaron Oshay Posts: 2,549
    My guess it's just EV and the Earthlings for the encore - only the OF and EV accounts tweeted about it, not Pearl Jam

Either way - pumped!
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,889
    My room has been booked for months.  This is awesome.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,640
    My room has been booked for months.  This is awesome.  
    I Have several options... plus my family in OC... bring it on
  • What weekend is this going to be?  I'd like to try and find a hotel before its too late.
    Gorge
    edited June 2022
    What weekend is this going to be?  I'd like to try and find a hotel before its too late.
    Should be the weekend after Ohana, so Oct 6/7 - 9?  If I remember correctly, last years Encore was a Friday/Saturday? curious if they will roll with the same two-day format for Encore this year
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,831
    wsimon74 said:
    What weekend is this going to be?  I'd like to try and find a hotel before its too late.
    Should be the weekend after Ohana, so Oct 6/7 - 9?  If I remember correctly, last years Encore was a Friday/Saturday? curious if they will roll with the same two-day format for Encore this year
    If it's the same format - Friday & Saturday the weekend after the normal fest. Oct 7-8 would be the expected dates.
  • danlee1095danlee1095 Posts: 1,194
    edited June 2022
    Who has an extra hotel booked that doesn't need??  Prices are nuts.
    Post edited by danlee1095 on
    9/8/98 (NJ), 9/10/98 (NY), 8/23/00 (NY), 8/24/00 (NY), 8/25/00 (NY), 4/30/03 (NY), 7/8/03 (NY), 7/9/03 (NY), 5/12/06 (NY), 6/1/06 (NJ), 6/3/06 (NJ), 8/5/07 (IL), 6/22/08 (DC), 6/24/08 (NY), 6/25/08 (NY), 7/1/08 (NY), 10/4/09 (TX ), 10/30/09 (PA), 5/20/10 (NY), 5/21/10 (NY), 9/3/11 (WI), 9/4/11 (WI), 7/19/13 (IL), 10/18/13 (NY), 10/19/13 (NY), 10/3/14 (MO), 9/23/15 (NY), 9/26/15 (NY), 5/1/16 (NY), 5/2/16 (NY), 8/5/16 (MA), 8/22/16 (IL), 4/7/17 (NY), 6/18/18 (UK), 8/20/18 (IL), 9/2/18 (MA), 9/4/18 (MA), 9/18/21 (NJ), 9/26/21 (CA), 10/1/21 (CA), 10/2/21 (CA), 9/10/22 (NY), 9/11/22 (NY), 9/14/22 (NJ), 9/16/22 (TN), 9/22/22 (CO), 8/31/23 (MN), 9/2/23 (MN), 9/5/23 (IL), 9/7/23 (IL), 5/16/24 (NV), 5/18/24 (NV), 5/28/24 (WA), 5/30/24 (WA), 8/29/24 (IL), 8/31/24 (IL), 9/3/24 (NY), 9/4/24 (NY), 9/7/24 (PA), 9/12/24 (MD), 9/15/24 (MA), 9/17/24 (MA)
  • danlee1095danlee1095 Posts: 1,194
    Ignore this - I was looking at Ohana weekend.  Found something reasonable for Encore (DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Doheny Beach - Dana Point).  Seems there are rooms left.
    9/8/98 (NJ), 9/10/98 (NY), 8/23/00 (NY), 8/24/00 (NY), 8/25/00 (NY), 4/30/03 (NY), 7/8/03 (NY), 7/9/03 (NY), 5/12/06 (NY), 6/1/06 (NJ), 6/3/06 (NJ), 8/5/07 (IL), 6/22/08 (DC), 6/24/08 (NY), 6/25/08 (NY), 7/1/08 (NY), 10/4/09 (TX ), 10/30/09 (PA), 5/20/10 (NY), 5/21/10 (NY), 9/3/11 (WI), 9/4/11 (WI), 7/19/13 (IL), 10/18/13 (NY), 10/19/13 (NY), 10/3/14 (MO), 9/23/15 (NY), 9/26/15 (NY), 5/1/16 (NY), 5/2/16 (NY), 8/5/16 (MA), 8/22/16 (IL), 4/7/17 (NY), 6/18/18 (UK), 8/20/18 (IL), 9/2/18 (MA), 9/4/18 (MA), 9/18/21 (NJ), 9/26/21 (CA), 10/1/21 (CA), 10/2/21 (CA), 9/10/22 (NY), 9/11/22 (NY), 9/14/22 (NJ), 9/16/22 (TN), 9/22/22 (CO), 8/31/23 (MN), 9/2/23 (MN), 9/5/23 (IL), 9/7/23 (IL), 5/16/24 (NV), 5/18/24 (NV), 5/28/24 (WA), 5/30/24 (WA), 8/29/24 (IL), 8/31/24 (IL), 9/3/24 (NY), 9/4/24 (NY), 9/7/24 (PA), 9/12/24 (MD), 9/15/24 (MA), 9/17/24 (MA)
    Ignore this - I was looking at Ohana weekend.  Found something reasonable for Encore (DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Doheny Beach - Dana Point).  Seems there are rooms left.
    ^ Definitely worth the short, easy walk to the fest grounds. Might as well book a refundable rate now just in case.
    My guess it's just EV and the Earthlings for the encore - only the OF and EV accounts tweeted about it, not Pearl Jam

Either way - pumped!
    Based on the soft demand for the California Earthling shows, have to wonder what else they can add to the lineup to justify the second weekend other than PJ? 
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Posts: 3,971
    wsimon74 said:

Either way - pumped!
    Based on the soft demand for the California Earthling shows, have to wonder what else they can add to the lineup to justify the second weekend other than PJ? 

I'd be psyched to see Arcade Fire as a headliner.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
    Stone said in an early March interview that his Painted Shield side project was playing Ohana. Then they weren't on the original lineup. I think he meant Encore and I think PJ will play too. 

JimmyV said:
    Stone said in an early March interview that his Painted Shield side project was playing Ohana. Then they weren't on the original lineup. I think he meant Encore and I think PJ will play too. 
    Hope so! I would definitely fly out there for PJ and Painted Shield. 
  • brobertbrobert Posts: 67
    Jack Johnson and Ben Harper are playing San Diego on the 7th....
  • kaw753kaw753 Posts: 830
    Black Keys are in Inglewood on the Saturday night.
    Kings of Leon have an opening in their tour schedule if they came back to make up last year’s cancellation.
  • heartofadogheartofadog Portland, OR Posts: 357
    JimmyV said:
    Hope so! I would definitely fly out there for PJ and Painted Shield. 
    I’m really hoping Painted Shield plays a few dates in October, that record is killer.
    1993: Portland, OR (09/06), Seattle, WA (12/07), Seattle, WA (12/08), Seattle, WA (12/09)
    1995: Seattle, WA (02/05)
    1996: Seattle, WA (09/16)
    1997:
    Oakland, CA (11/19)
    1998:
    Portland, OR (07/18), Seattle, WA (07/21), Seattle, WA (07/22)
    2000: Bellingham, WA (05/10), Vancouver, BC (05/11), Mountain View, CA (10/31), Portland, OR (11/02), Seattle, WA (11/05), Seattle, WA (11/06)
    2002: Seattle, WA (12/05), Seattle, WA (12/06), Seattle, WA (12/08), Seattle, WA (12/09)
    2003: Vancouver, BC (05/30), Seattle, WA (10/22)
    2005: Quincy, WA (09/01)
    2006: Portland, OR (07/20), Quincy, WA (07/22), Quincy, WA (07/23)
    2009: Berlin, DE (08/15), Seattle, WA (9/21), Seattle, WA (9/22)
    2010: Berlin, DE (06/30)
    2013: Los Angeles, CA (11/23), Los Angeles, CA (11/24), Portland, OR (11/29), Spokane, WA (11/30)
    2018: Seattle, WA (08/10)
    2022: Seattle, WA (02/22), New York, NY (09/10), New York, NY (09/11), Camden, NJ (09/14), Denver, CO (09/22)
    2023: St. Paul, MN (08/31), St. Paul, MN (09/02)
    2024: Portland, OR (05/10), Sacramento, CA (05/13), Los Angeles, CA (05/21), Los Angeles, CA (05/22), Seattle, WA (05/28)