Ohana 2022?

Comments

• matt84matt84 Posts: 713
    I just hope if there is an Encore, they announce it before Saturday 1st sells out. At the moment I’ve got no interest as I’ll be travelling overseas and I don’t find it worthwhile so far. If Encore has a decent line-up I’ll be more inclined to make the trip, but would also get a ticket for the 1st.
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,702
    !!
  • nc_jammer1nc_jammer1 Posts: 547
    This does not help planning at all!!  come out with it !!
    Make it happen again in 2022!
    So what do we think. Is this teasing Encore?
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,124
    I personally believe Encore was a go at least until a couple weeks ago. Stone Gossard didn't makeup being booked there with Painted Shield. Did something change? Maybe yes, maybe no. Time will tell. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,831
    It'd be one thing if they used a photo from Ohana Fest vs Encore for that post... that's just messing with our heads.

With how 2022's announcements have been going, we've seen multiple waves of PJ show/festival dates roll out. I'm thinking there's still a chance of an Encore weekend (with or without PJ), at least a greater chance of that vs a ballpark show added late summer.
    edited April 2022
    JimmyV said:
    I personally believe Encore was a go at least until a couple weeks ago. Stone Gossard didn't makeup being booked there with Painted Shield. Did something change? Maybe yes, maybe no. Time will tell. 
    I am biased for sure because I am hoping it happens, but it makes more sense to sell as many tickets as they can for the first weekend before announcing the second weekend. I doubt the plan was to announce both weekends at the same time. We as fans are impatient and jump to conclusions. For example me seeing the Twitter post from PJ today about Encore and going hmm.
    Post edited by JeBurkhardt on
  • IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,679
    So Ultimate VIP - over 10K sold out.  Also, looks like VIP weekend is too via the presale.

SHOW COUNT: (157) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=97, US=116, CAN=15, Europe=20 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Doubletree availability across from the site…seems consistent with Encore theory to me.

Not necessarily....lots of us booked rooms both weekends just in case. In fact I have 3 different rooms the supposed Encore weekend....
    Shhhh....I thought we were going to keep that a secret.....
  • mrussel1 said:
    Josh10376 said:
    Day 3 will be first to sell out cause of Pink
    Funny, I skipped that day.  I'll head home on Sunday
    see you at the airport on Sunday  :)
  • whitepantswhitepants Posts: 727
    So Ultimate VIP - over 10K sold out.  Also, looks like VIP weekend is too via the presale.
    This just blows my mind! VIP weekend and Ultimate Rich Person VIP are sold out. I really need a tree in my backyard that grows money!
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,239
    With there already being seven CA shows on the calendar this year, I just don’t see them playing Ohana again even with that tweet from yesterday. 

And since I’ve already committed myself to Ohana for the Saturday show this year (which is by far the best lineup of the 3 nights imo), I won’t be making the trek for an Encore weekend even if PJ is announced. 
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI Posts: 965
    With there already being seven CA shows on the calendar this year, I just don’t see them playing Ohana again even with that tweet from yesterday. 

And since I’ve already committed myself to Ohana for the Saturday show this year (which is by far the best lineup of the 3 nights imo), I won’t be making the trek for an Encore weekend even if PJ is announced. 
    I agree 100%, except the exact opposite, haha
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,124
    I needs an acoustic Encore and I needs it yesterday!  

"...I changed by not changing at all..."

A Pearl Jam show at Ohana is going to be an instant sell out though, regardless of how many other shows they are playing.
    DEGBTI said:

I agree 100%, except the exact opposite, haha
    LOL! 
  • huntersthompsonhuntersthompson Posts: 888
    edited April 2022
    JimmyV said:
    I needs an acoustic Encore and I needs it yesterday!  
    I have got to have more acoustic....as I read your post it seemed like it would be delivered by Bruce Dickinson.....
    I Got More In The Metaphorical Oven Lol GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
    Post edited by huntersthompson on
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    edited April 2022
    matt84 said:

A Pearl Jam show at Ohana is going to be an instant sell out though, regardless of how many other shows they are playing.
    Encore did not sell out last year and that was with a starving fanbase for shows. Maybe still too much into the pandemic but still would of expected enough people to fill the place in that area. 
  • Luckytwn1Luckytwn1 Posts: 513
    edited April 2022
    matt84 said:

Not sure how you arrived at that assessment. Last year, Encore was 2 Pearl Jam shows. The weekend didn't sell out and people couldn't give away tickets for free. Now there are 7 additional shows in California. None of which are sold out (even taking away the Platinum tickets).  When they have 9 shows in the state and none of them are sold out, seems very unlikely to say the least the 10th show is going to be an instant sell out.
    Just ignore my comment then. I’ve never actually been but thought the crowd is relatively small compared to arenas and stadiums.
  • IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,679
    matt84 said:
    Just ignore my comment then. I’ve never actually been but thought the crowd is relatively small compared to arenas and stadiums.
    No worries - probably equivalent to an arena.

SHOW COUNT: (157) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=97, US=116, CAN=15, Europe=20 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    PJNB said:
    matt84 said:

Encore did not sell out last year and that was with a starving fanbase for shows. Maybe still too much into the pandemic but still would of expected enough people to fill the place in that area. 
    Makes sense. I would have done so much to go last year, and to me the line-up last year was incredible. If last year didn't sell out (Covid most likely the main challenge last year), then I also doubt this year is somehow a guaranteed sell out with PJ added.

This year I COULD go and I even struck out on east coast PJ tix so right now I have NO PJ tix at all for 2022.  But even if they add PJ to the Encore, I wouldn't make the trip because it's all too expensive (with flights & hotels) for just 1 PJ set. A few bands on lineup I'd really love to see, but same deal: too expensive for just those few.
  • Luckytwn1Luckytwn1 Posts: 513
    matt84 said:
    Ohana is basically equivalent to one arena show. 
  • wsimon74wsimon74 Posts: 503
    Fun little video getting me pumped for Saturday lineup, Billy Strings and Post Malone singing Johnny Cash/Cocaine Blues... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyJ_HXJLSzw&t=192s
  • kaw753kaw753 Posts: 830
    JH6056 said:
    PJNB said:
    matt84 said:

Makes sense. I would have done so much to go last year, and to me the line-up last year was incredible. If last year didn't sell out (Covid most likely the main challenge last year), then I also doubt this year is somehow a guaranteed sell out with PJ added.

This year I COULD go and I even struck out on east coast PJ tix so right now I have NO PJ tix at all for 2022.  But even if they add PJ to the Encore, I wouldn't make the trip because it's all too expensive (with flights & hotels) for just 1 PJ set. A few bands on lineup I'd really love to see, but same deal: too expensive for just those few.
    I went to Encore last year because of the two shows, but it is actually a sneaky hard place to get to. The Uber to/from LAX was about $250 because car rentals were even worse. I realize there are closer airports, but that often requires a connection.
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,949
    edited April 2022
    You can take a bus from LAX to downtown union station, then take the train to San Juan Capistrano (1 hr 20 min. $12.50 one way), then you're 5 miles from Dana Point for a taxi, a long walk, or a folding bike ride.
    Post edited by Go Beavers on
    edited April 2022
    kaw753 said:
    JH6056 said:
    PJNB said:
    matt84 said:

I went to Encore last year because of the two shows, but it is actually a sneaky hard place to get to. The Uber to/from LAX was about $250 because car rentals were even worse. I realize there are closer airports, but that often requires a connection.
    $250, hopefully that was a UBER XL or black car service for that price! You could’ve rented the new mid-engine Corvette for the day on Turo for less than that! 

And consider that your pro tip for the day! 😎 Turo is a car sharing service where you can easily book a car of any kind for decent prices and avoid the hassles normally associated with rental car pick up & drop offs. And no, I don’t work for them. 😂
    Post edited by Red Mosqito on
  • kaw753kaw753 Posts: 830
    edited April 2022
    kaw753 said:
    JH6056 said:
    PJNB said:
    matt84 said:

$250, hopefully that was a UBER XL or black car service for that price! You could’ve rented the new mid-engine Corvette for the day on Turo for less than that! 

And consider that your pro tip for the day! 😎 Turo is a car sharing service where you can easily book a car of any kind for decent prices and avoid the hassles normally associated with rental car pick up & drop offs. And no, I don’t work for them. 😂
    Yes, but I get 10x Chase Ultimate Rewards points on Lyft, so it is like I am making money!

My point is that I think a lot of out of towners would pass on Encore even if it was 2x of Pearl Jam given there is a whole lot of more convenient options this year. 
    Post edited by kaw753 on