Ohana 2022?

1121314151618»

Comments

• ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    He's a local musician that performs at the start of the show every year.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • kaw753kaw753 Posts: 830
    rey said:
    Who is Jonny Roundhouse, and why is he there both days?
    Patrick Swayze's character in Roadhouse?
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,949
    rey said:
    I think he was in Cobra Kai 
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,889
    Cancelled my reservations as well.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • wall232wall232 Posts: 1,346
    edited June 2022
    I booked flights yesterday before the prices and availability went. I am so glad for the 24 hour cancel rule for full refunds. Even if Pearl Jam played one night we would have gone.

NYPJ
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    Yeesh these lineups. This festival will remain on the bucket list for another year. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,895
    Out. Flight options were pretty brutal so I'm good with it. 
  • rustneversleepsrustneversleeps Posts: 2,209
    rey said:
    johnny roundhouse used to be the first act of the weekend every year, i believe last year was the first year he wasnt there.  i smoked doobs with him every year, he plays his set then roams around the festival all weekend watching shows with the common folk. 
  • matt84matt84 Posts: 713
    still strange that the Ohana Fest follows Bruce and Miley Cyrus on Instagram, everyone else they follow that's a band/performer has been in the festival. wonder if they agreed at some point and backed out
    Could be a very early indication for 2023.
  • aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,403
    tbergs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I'm officially all good with the first weekend. 
    Me too. Good lineup though but i also realized the encore is the same night as the gaslight anthem's return to NJ. So sticking with weekend 1
    Yes, I was a bit nervous Encore would blow the first weekend away, pretty much a toss up. I would rather see Alanis and The Roots instead of JW though. I just can't get in to his stuff.
    Saw him again in Denver over the weekend. His live shows are amazing!
  • aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,403
    still strange that the Ohana Fest follows Bruce and Miley Cyrus on Instagram, everyone else they follow that's a band/performer has been in the festival. wonder if they agreed at some point and backed out
    Alpine Valley threw me the same way earlier this year. All the bands they followed were bands that were playing there this year, except Pearl Jam. Kept waiting for an announcement that never came.
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,831
    edited June 2022
    Alpine Valley threw me the same way earlier this year. All the bands they followed were bands that were playing there this year, except Pearl Jam. Kept waiting for an announcement that never came.
    I’m sure it does help the algorithms to follow some things - let alone create the hype. Wouldn’t read too much into it beyond social media accounts helping feed attention to each other. 

Although I’d have no problem seeing most acts in this thread at an Alpine Valley. Such a great destination venue but Chicago’s swallowed up most of those acts with Wrigley shows.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    Intrepid journalist Chris Willman is back with another transcription of the press release. Did he correct his original "reporting" on Ohana being one weekend this year?

https://variety.com/2022/music/news/ohana-festival-adds-second-weekend-eddie-vedder-alanis-morissette-haim-and-more-1235293364/

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,569
    JimmyV said:
    Intrepid journalist Chris Willman is back with another transcription of the press release. Did he correct his original "reporting" on Ohana being one weekend this year?

https://variety.com/2022/music/news/ohana-festival-adds-second-weekend-eddie-vedder-alanis-morissette-haim-and-more-1235293364/
    The language errors in this new article make it even more apparent that the editing at Variety is either non-existent or very lax. 
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,350
    kaw753 said:
    Maybe they just like following artists that sing about Wrecking Balls?
    There needs to be a split 7-inch of Bruce covering Miley's "Wrecking Ball" and Miley covering Bruce's "Wrecking Ball."
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,640
    Just got Encore ticket with 10% discount from buying 1st weekend... $16 off better than nothing...
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,702
    I just cancelled my reservation for the weekend of Encore at the Beachfront Inn at Dana Point. There should be a room available.
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,889
    I just cancelled my reservation for the weekend of Encore at the Beachfront Inn at Dana Point. There should be a room available.
    What took you so long?
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,702
    What took you so long?
    I actually forgot that I didn’t do it after the lineup announcement. I meant to and then got distracted by something shiny. I was going through my email this morning and realized I hadn’t done it.
  • Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,239
    edited June 2022
    deleted
    Post edited by Red Mosqito on
  • DoDaFooDoDaFoo Seattle, WA Posts: 248
    Love the Encore lineup. Excited to head down. It will be our 3rd time.