Pearl Jam's new album ”Dark Matter” ! Single out!

Comments

• spankyMP said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    no fake song titles yet? Those are always fun, especially when not a single one is ever true....

or Album title like PANGEA
    ask and you shall receive, found on Facebook yesterday:

Matt Cameron looked totally enthusiastic with the immense release of Pearl Jam's new album. "A return to our roots" he said, "especially for our closest fans". This after much of the so-called “Jamily” was pretty unhappy with “Gigaton” (2020) or as some of the longest-standing fans/collectors of the Seattle quintet called “GigaTURD”.
    When asked about the chilly fan reception, Cameron reflects “it was a very difficult time for everyone, the pandemic, Eddie’s increasingly budding alopecia, Josh (takes an awkward pause), etc.” About how the band was able to pull off the disc and tour Matt confesses "I knew we should give something to the fans, a joy, that the live experience could appreciate it differently, is why I honorably accept to take a "break" so other colleagues could sit at the drums and they could delight the fans. My job is always at Eddie's disposal, since that day he called me in 1998 and asked me what I was going to do for the summer. ”
    About the new material, it will be a real return to the roots, the Pearl Jam that our fans have been asking us for.
    "What is it to evolve? Why everything forward? Life and the world are an inconsistency. Do we have (? Friendship with Letterman, Ellen, we do corporate shows, but when it comes to defending our principles, we do not play in North Carolina and our fans who have nothing to do with and suffer this decision, there they are closer than ever.
    While not allowed to hear a second of new music, an excited Cameron shared the album title and tracklist

TWENTY
    1. Formerly
    2. Steady current
    3. Not Dead
    4. Y -pass
    5. Dark
    6. Josshhh
    7. seas
    8. Portal
    9. Park
    10. Profound
    11. Let Go

"It may sound familiar to those who have been following us for a long time, but why not" we were thinking of making a double disc but we realized that those 11 beat songs we played today take just over 25 minutes. An alternative is that Es reads poetry about some of Josh’s riffs, kinda like what I did on The Doors” confesses.TWENTY
    How come no one has commented on this yet?!

-twenty?!
    -ed has alopecia?!
    -what 11 beat songs take 25 minutes?
    -was he referring to when he had covid that he didn’t play drums?  Has to be right?
    -josshhh?? Def sounds like he’s playing on the album

Come on, its an obvious spoof/sarcasm!

TWENTY = TEN x 2
    1. Formerly = Once
    2. Steady Current = Evenflow
    3. Not Dead = Alive
    4. Y -Pass = Why Go
    5. Dark = Black
    6. Josshhh = Jeremy
    7. Seas = Oceans
    8. Portal = Porch
    9. Park = Garden
    10. Profound = Deep
    11. Let Go = Release

Etc....
    Someone spent considerable time entertaining themself to compose that post.
    Mildly clever, but I see I'm not missing out by not being on FB.

I'll keep waiting for Facemeltor's next post!

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,702
    igotid88 said:
    spankyMP said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    no fake song titles yet? Those are always fun, especially when not a single one is ever true....

Matt Cameron looked totally enthusiastic with the immense release of Pearl Jam's new album. "A return to our roots" he said, "especially for our closest fans". This after much of the so-called “Jamily” was pretty unhappy with “Gigaton” (2020) or as some of the longest-standing fans/collectors of the Seattle quintet called “GigaTURD”.
    When asked about the chilly fan reception, Cameron reflects “it was a very difficult time for everyone, the pandemic, Eddie’s increasingly budding alopecia, Josh (takes an awkward pause), etc.” About how the band was able to pull off the disc and tour Matt confesses "I knew we should give something to the fans, a joy, that the live experience could appreciate it differently, is why I honorably accept to take a "break" so other colleagues could sit at the drums and they could delight the fans. My job is always at Eddie's disposal, since that day he called me in 1998 and asked me what I was going to do for the summer. ”
    About the new material, it will be a real return to the roots, the Pearl Jam that our fans have been asking us for.
    "What is it to evolve? Why everything forward? Life and the world are an inconsistency. Do we have (? Friendship with Letterman, Ellen, we do corporate shows, but when it comes to defending our principles, we do not play in North Carolina and our fans who have nothing to do with and suffer this decision, there they are closer than ever.
    While not allowed to hear a second of new music, an excited Cameron shared the album title and tracklist

TWENTY
    1. Formerly
    2. Steady current
    3. Not Dead
    4. Y -pass
    5. Dark
    6. Josshhh
    7. seas
    8. Portal
    9. Park
    10. Profound
    11. Let Go

"It may sound familiar to those who have been following us for a long time, but why not" we were thinking of making a double disc but we realized that those 11 beat songs we played today take just over 25 minutes. An alternative is that Es reads poetry about some of Josh’s riffs, kinda like what I did on The Doors” confesses.TWENTY

-twenty?!
    -ed has alopecia?!
    -was he referring to when he had covid that he didn’t play drums?  Has to be right?
    Not real
    Oh, no shit? Ok.  I didn’t know wth was going on.  Thank you for that
    You're welcome 
    I miss igotid88
  • spankyMP said:
    CROJAM95 said:

TWENTY
    1. Formerly
    2. Steady current
    3. Not Dead
    4. Y -pass
    5. Dark
    6. Josshhh
    7. seas
    8. Portal
    9. Park
    10. Profound
    11. Let Go

-twenty?!
    -ed has alopecia?!

Come on, its an obvious spoof/sarcasm!

TWENTY = TEN x 2
    1. Formerly = Once
    2. Steady Current = Evenflow
    3. Not Dead = Alive
    4. Y -Pass = Why Go
    5. Dark = Black
    6. Josshhh = Jeremy
    7. Seas = Oceans
    8. Portal = Porch
    9. Park = Garden
    10. Profound = Deep
    11. Let Go = Release

Etc....
    Someone spent considerable time entertaining themself to compose that post.
    Mildly clever, but I see I'm not missing out by not being on FB.

I'll keep waiting for Facemeltor's next post!

Hahaha yeah, I see it all now.  At the time last night I definitely wasn’t disecting the song titles and mulling it over.  I just read it and since I don’t do the fb thing I was like “woah, ok!” 
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 90,924
    D-Rod said:
    Hoping for December,  believing it will be February 

I'm hoping for December too. Would make a great Christmas gift.
  • strilostrilo Portland OR Posts: 483
    Everyone's hoping for snow, I'm just hoping for a new Pearl Jam single...
    PORTLAND - 18 JUL 98 // TAMPA - 12 AUG 00 // PORTLAND - 02 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 05 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 09 DEC 02
    BERN, SWITZERLAND - 13 SEP 06 // PORTLAND - 26 SEP 09 // CHICAGO - 19 JUL 13 // PORTLAND - 29 NOV 13
    CHICAGO - 20 AUG 16 // CHICAGO - 22 AUG 16 // PHOENIX - 09 MAY 22 // CHICAGO - 05 SEP 23 // CHICAGO - 07 SEP 23
  • 77777777 Posts: 163
    Does anyone know what this is?  Is it a bootleg?  I just now stumbled upon it.  Riot Act also shows "Image Coming Soon", so it could be nothing.  Has anyone seen this before?

Pearl Jam 'Asylum' Vinyl Record LP | Sentinel Vinyl

• KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,533
    7777 said:
    Does anyone know what this is?  Is it a bootleg?  I just now stumbled upon it.  Riot Act also shows "Image Coming Soon", so it could be nothing.  Has anyone seen this before?

interesting 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
    Seattle 5.30.2024  Noblesville 8.26.2024  Chicago 8.29.2024  Chicago 8.31.2024 
  • 7777 said:

KISS COVERS ALBUM?!?!

IM THE KIIIIIIIIIIIING OF THE MOUNTAAAAAIN
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Posts: 4,138
    7777 said:

KISS COVERS ALBUM?!?!

IM THE KIIIIIIIIIIIING OF THE MOUNTAAAAAIN
    😂😂
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 90,924
    edited December 2023
    Kwieneke said:
    7777 said:

interesting 

It's probably a bootleg. I wouldn't trust that site. https://www.reddit.com/r/vinyl/comments/tbfnmg/is_sentinelvinylcom_legit/?sort=new .

Search Sentinel Vinyl on Facebook. Check peoples posts. Sounds like they are a scam.

Post edited by demetrios on
  • STONE?!?!   SINGLE?!?! 
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,405
    edited December 2023
    Kenny G just performed with Warren G on the Kimmel show. Maybe those PJ Rumors have some legs to it after all?
    www.myspace.com
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,279
    April 5. A one-word title, but not "Asylum."
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,423
    BF25394 said:
     :o 
  • 🫢
  • Echoes...everyone always suspects Echoes.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,111
    I mean 7/11 studio albums have one word titles 
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    Kenny G just performed with Warren G on the Kimmel show. Maybe those PJ Rumors have some legs to it after all?
    Seriously?? Need to look that up! Ha! 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 Posts: 1,392
    BF25394 said:
    Dang this pushes back the single to early February.  When the album was rumored for February was hoping to having something imminent.  Guess no need to check in round here until next year now if this is accurate.
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,279
    Echoes...everyone always suspects Echoes.
    Eerily close.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
    BF25394 said:
    Eerily close.
    Gecko’s?! 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,833
    Why is that?  First I’ve heard of Echoes 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....Las Vegas N1, Las Vegas N2, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Boston N1, Boston N2
    2025.....????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • I've been on these boards since Binaural and with every album release title rumor....Echoes is always thrown into the pot.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 810
    BF25394 said:
    Eerily close.
    coocoocachechoes
    Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
    Anybody else Google words that end with "oes"?  Or just me?  Lol.  Fyi there's ALOT! 🤣
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Sirens4Sirens4 Posts: 586
    BF25394 said:
    Eerily close.
    reverb?
    Mirror?
    Springfield 94 hartford 96,98,06,08 xl center 2010,2013 boston 06,2010 mansfield ma 1998,2000,2003,2008
  • mvwmvw Posts: 1,687
    Are you ready for a bit of
    A bit of Echoes, Victor?
  • kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 721
    aftershock?
    reverb?
    vibrations?
    encore?
    am I hot or cold?

Now you have us thinking!? 🤔 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • spankyMPspankyMP Posts: 1,727

Now you have us thinking!? 🤔 
    Reflection for $2,000 Alex...
    Randall's Island 9/29/96, Continental Arena 9/8/98, MSG 9/10/98, Jones Beach 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 8/25/00, Nassau Coliseum 4/30/03, MSG 7/8/03, 7/9/03, Continental Arena 6/1/06, 6/3/06, MSG 6/24/08, 6/25/08, Spectrum 10/30/09, 10/31/09, MSG 5/20/10, 5/21/10, PJ20 9/3/11, 9/4/11, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Global Citizen 9/26/15, Raleigh 4/20/16 :( Baltimore 3/28/20 :( Austin 9/18/23, 9/19/23, Forum 5/21/24, Baltimore 9/12/24, Fenway 9/17/24