Pearl Jam's new album ”Dark Matter” ! Single out!

Comments

• I would just end up as a door stop in stones basement anyway along side the other one
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,703
    I do hope we get a theatrical release like they were going to do with Gigaton.
    I miss igotid88
  • strilostrilo Portland OR Posts: 483
    igotid88 said:
    RiotAct10 said:
    I believe the Stones new album was released after the cut-off date, so it won't be eligible until next year, but the single was released before the cut-off date, so it was eligible. If Pearl Jam's album is any good (which I expect it to be, just saying) then next year I could see Watt being nominated for Producer of the Year with the Stones record and PJs records both counting for next year, along with whatever else is put out with his production (Paul McCartney perhaps?)
    Pearl Jam won't get nominated unfortunately
    I agree with Jeff and Ed. Grammys are fucking stupid and meaningless.
    PORTLAND - 18 JUL 98 // TAMPA - 12 AUG 00 // PORTLAND - 02 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 05 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 09 DEC 02
    BERN, SWITZERLAND - 13 SEP 06 // PORTLAND - 26 SEP 09 // CHICAGO - 19 JUL 13 // PORTLAND - 29 NOV 13
    CHICAGO - 20 AUG 16 // CHICAGO - 22 AUG 16 // PHOENIX - 09 MAY 22 // CHICAGO - 05 SEP 23 // CHICAGO - 07 SEP 23
  • bigbiggzy said:
    STONE…. WHERE. IS. THE. NEW. SINGLE??
    STONE?!?!?!?  
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 90,933
    igotid88 said:

Me too. Not sure why they haven't released it yet on Blu-ray. 
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,279
    strilo said:
    igotid88 said:
    RiotAct10 said:
    I believe the Stones new album was released after the cut-off date, so it won't be eligible until next year, but the single was released before the cut-off date, so it was eligible. If Pearl Jam's album is any good (which I expect it to be, just saying) then next year I could see Watt being nominated for Producer of the Year with the Stones record and PJs records both counting for next year, along with whatever else is put out with his production (Paul McCartney perhaps?)
    If you think Ed believes that today, you're kidding yourself.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,551
    demetrios said:
    igotid88 said:

NO UPSCALE!
    BF25394 said:
    strilo said:
    igotid88 said:
    RiotAct10 said:
    go on.
    BF25394 said:
    strilo said:
    igotid88 said:
    RiotAct10 said:
    go on.
    Nowadays, Ed seems to be very comfortable with the Hollywood-entertainment-industrial complex of which the Grammys are a part.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 90,933
    edited November 2023
    demetrios said:
    igotid88 said:

NO UPSCALE!

Yes, no upscale please.
  • SM187650SM187650 Posts: 765
    Tour info is great but do we have any updates or rumors on this upcoming release?? Stone??? 
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    strilo said:
    igotid88 said:
    RiotAct10 said:
    go on.
    Nowadays, Ed seems to be very comfortable with the Hollywood-entertainment-industrial complex of which the Grammys are a part.
    You can be both comfortable and not care if you win or not. I don't see them actively campaigning. Not like Taylor Swift who's main mission is to get Grammys.
    I miss igotid88
  • igotid88 said:

Not like Taylor Swift who's main mission is to get Grammys.
    Doubt that is her main mission.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,725
    strilo said:
    igotid88 said:
    RiotAct10 said:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf9V0hwJ6qk

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    igotid88 said:

Well one of her main missions. 
    I miss igotid88
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,773
    Tease a riff or something

lets go
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

Maybe she just writes songs and everything else that comes along with it is gravy?
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    strilo said:
    igotid88 said:
    RiotAct10 said:
    go on.
    I guess we’ll see. While I agree Ed is more comfortable with where he is, he hasn’t shown otherwise with the Grammys. 
    igotid88 said:
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    strilo said:
    igotid88 said:
    RiotAct10 said:
    go on.
    You can be both comfortable and not care if you win or not. I don't see them actively campaigning. Not like Taylor Swift who's main mission is to get Grammys.
    Not caring whether you win a Grammy, and not campaigning for one, are not the same thing as believing (or saying publicly) that a Grammy is meaningless.

Taylor Swift is a prolific and phenomenally talented artist whose main mission is clearly writing and performing songs. She doesn't write those songs to win Grammys; they give her Grammys because the songs are so good.
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    strilo said:
    igotid88 said:
    RiotAct10 said:
    go on.
    I guess we’ll see. While I agree Ed is more comfortable with where he is, he hasn’t shown otherwise with the Grammys. 
    Pearl Jam hasn't been nominated for a Grammy in over a decade, and hasn't been nominated for a high-profile Grammy in over a quarter-century, so there hasn't really been much opportunity for him to weigh in on the topic lately. 21st-century Ed does seem to believe that the Oscars are meaningful. I just think that, if he were to express a similar opinion to the one he expressed on the telecast back when he had a very different public demeanor, he would potentially offend a lot of his pals in the celebrity-industrial complex and that doesn't seem to be something he'd want to do.
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

Maybe she just writes songs and everything else that comes along with it is gravy?
    It's in her documentary when she didn't win or wasn't nominated it got to her.

I miss igotid88
    edited November 2023
    BF25394 said:
    igotid88 said:
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    strilo said:
    igotid88 said:
    RiotAct10 said:
    go on.
    Not caring whether you win a Grammy, and not campaigning for one, are not the same thing as believing (or saying publicly) that a Grammy is meaningless.

Taylor Swift is a prolific and phenomenally talented artist whose main mission is clearly writing and performing songs. She doesn't write those songs to win Grammys; they give her Grammys because the songs are so good.
    Not saying she isn't but that doesn't necessarily mean it's "Grammy worthy". PJ has written many great songs/albums that weren't nominated. Gigaton the most recent example. Or if you want someone more contemporary The Weeknd. Look at The Foo Fighters, they have the same amount of wins as PJ has nominations. 15.
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • HaijayHaijay Posts: 372
    igotid88 said:
    BF25394 said:
    igotid88 said:
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    strilo said:
    igotid88 said:
    RiotAct10 said:
    go on.

Not saying she isn't but that doesn't necessarily mean it's "Grammy worthy". PJ has written many great songs/albums that weren't nominated. Gigaton the most recent example. Or if you want someone more contemporary The Weeknd. Look at The Foo Fighters, they have the same amount of wins as PJ has nominations. 15.
    And their music sucks as bad as taylor’s🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,055
    edited November 2023
    Both 1989 and Lover are far ”better” albums than Gigaton

GIVE
    HER
    ALL THE
    GRAMMYS
    SHE WANT
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

GIVE
    HER
    ALL THE
    GRAMMYS
    SHE WANT
    Not necessarily 
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:

GIVE
    HER
    ALL THE
    GRAMMYS
    SHE WANT
    Not necessarily 
    Agreed. Not Lover. But definitely every other one thats come out since Gigaton.

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    A new single would be nice. Isn't the rumor that the album is coming out in February?
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • raindog80raindog80 Posts: 1,154
    mfc2006 said:
    A new single would be nice. Isn't the rumor that the album is coming out in February?
    Just a rumor. 
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,405
    igotid88 said:
    So they were going to make it into a movie somehow? 
    www.myspace.com
    It's the visualizer videos that are on YouTube. If you have Apple TV or plus you can watch it there. It was recorded on Dolby Atmos. So the movie theater sound would have been nice
    I miss igotid88