Pearl Jam's new album ”Dark Matter” ! Single out!

Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,053
edited February 13 in The Porch
"We'll make a record with Andrew, I believe. We've already talked about it. You know, the pandemic came right as we were leaving for a tour on the Gigaton record. And we had a lot of shows planned. Two-thirds of those shows was put on sale, even. So one thing we'll be doing in 2022 is making good on promises to play those shows. Then, in between, I think we'll be recording, because now we've got a strong, healthy ambition to do so. I think we'll move quick for a year or two, then I can see us slowing down a bit. We have the ability to play better than ever, but also know that we want to maintain the health of the group and want to keep coming back"

- Eddie

(For those in the Jamily not keeping track of producers, Andrew Watt produced Eddies new solo album)
"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on

Comments

• davidosdavidos Posts: 480
    I bet they have already recorded with him a bit in LA last year… Fingers crossed that he doesn’t turn them into Coldplay or Creed or some other lighter than air band the way he turned Ed into Elton John on his latest album… Not a fan.
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,798
    edited January 2022
    Thanks for the update, glad to hear we might not have to wait another 7 years for the next record 

I am a little surprised that they already have it planned out to Tour heavily and then take another break.  I thought with Covid, the idea of an entire year off would have gone away, but I guess they aren’t 30 anymore so understandable.

But it sounds like 2022 and 2023 are going to be awesome!
    Post edited by Weston1283 on
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    edited January 2022
    Love how Gigaton was produced/recorded/mixed but it admittedly was not a five guys together in the studio effort.  Wonder if Watt will get them back to that environment in LA.   As long as they keep putting out albums of that quality I’m happy.  I don’t care who produces it or how it’s made.  
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,236
    Nice share OP! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • PapPap Posts: 28,730
    Awesome news! :smiley:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • Regarding Gigaton being selfproduced:

"I have to admit, it was time consuming. And now most have families and home lives - parenting is no easy job if you're going to do it well and don't want to live with regrets. So I think that's one of the reasons it stretched out. Also, we would go on tour. We'd do a month here, and a month there and then we'd get into the studio but only get so much done. I'll take some responsibility - writing lyrics., it's not always there when you want it to be. Also, we had dome some records with Brendan O' Brien where we would work pretty quick, and we were a little over that, wanted to tinker around a bit. And it was recording in our own space, our own little clubhouse. We would hear about how Radiohead made records, that they would just spend time and tinker. Luxuriating in the process a bit. Of course, there's a danger in that - where's the momentum?

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Thanks.  Sounds like a good interview. 

Any effort to copy the spirit of how Radiohead creates/experiments in the studio would be welcomed.  
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,477
    where is this from?
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,701
    edited January 2022
    where is this from?
    Possibly the MOJO interview 
    I miss igotid88
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,551

Any effort to copy the spirit of how Radiohead creates/experiments in the studio would be welcomed.  
    If gigaton is a by product of that, I'm fine with the process. 
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,920
    Lots of good nuggets here, OP. Thanks for sharing.
  • igotid88 said:
    where is this from?
    Possibly the MOJO interview 
    Yup
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,589
    I like the idea of them all in the studio together again.  I think it would be cool for them to jam a bit and see what happens.  I know they currently like to bring in about 4-5 "finished" songs each, and then work on those...sometimes together and sometimes separately.  But I think being in the studio together and just collaborating together could help with some cool stuff.  Far be it from me to tell them how to make a record, of course.  

Also, noting the article...it sounded like they didnt have all the dates posted, so sounds like some sort of fall tour was planned, but not sold in 2020.  
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,477
    Vedd Hedd said:
    I like the idea of them all in the studio together again.  I think it would be cool for them to jam a bit and see what happens.  I know they currently like to bring in about 4-5 "finished" songs each, and then work on those...sometimes together and sometimes separately.  But I think being in the studio together and just collaborating together could help with some cool stuff.  Far be it from me to tell them how to make a record, of course.  

Also, noting the article...it sounded like they didnt have all the dates posted, so sounds like some sort of fall tour was planned, but not sold in 2020.  
    yes, I believe those were leaked a while back. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• BrainofBGABrainofBGA Posts: 4,138
    Where does Josh Evans fit into all of this?? If at all? 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,551
    Mixing? 

• Where does Josh Evans fit into all of this?? If at all? 
    I was thinking the same. 
    Gigaton isn't my favorite,  but I think general consensus is that Josh gave them a little extra life and maybe tried some things that they had kept away from for quite awhile...
    Too bad for him. 
    I'm still Team O'Brian myself, and this might mean that he'll never make another record with PJ...
    The end of Retrograde is exactly what I wanted some PJ songs to sounds like.   Love what Josh did there.  
    Watt is obviously an in-demand producer for a lot of famous artists.   If his thing is friendly hooks PJ I’m fine with that too.  I love how easy Backspacer is to listen to.  I just want more albums.  
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,389
    Timbaland was also in demand when CC made Scream =)
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Timbaland was also in demand when CC made Scream =)
    Scream > Backspacer
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,389
    Scream > Backspacer
    That’s a bold hill to stand on, although I agree Backspacer is the weakest PJ album. Although I do like the Scream songs without all the production (acoustic).
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    cool
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,589
    Vedd Hedd said:

yes, I believe those were leaked a while back. 
    Were those leaked, or just people rumoring?  I didnt pay attention to much of the fan theories.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 Posts: 1,392
    This was a good read. Glad to see Ed recently reinforced they will tour for a couple years starting this year.
  • raindog80raindog80 Posts: 1,154
    Not a great deal. 
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,639
    Scream > Backspacer
    False.
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    The more new music we get from them, the better. We're a lucky bunch that they're still together & putting out new music.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 90,900
    mfc2006 said:
    The more new music we get from them, the better. We're a lucky bunch that they're still together & putting out new music.
    Indeed! :)
  • bigbiggzybigbiggzy Posts: 761
    JOSH. EVANS.  
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 2,097
    The end of Retrograde is exactly what I wanted some PJ songs to sounds like.   Love what Josh did there.  
    Watt is obviously an in-demand producer for a lot of famous artists.   If his thing is friendly hooks PJ I’m fine with that too.  I love how easy Backspacer is to listen to.  I just want more albums.  
    If Gigaton and the EV singles are anything to go by then I really hope they stick with Josh Evans. Friendly hooks PJ? No thanks! 
    'F*** the pessimists. F*** 'em.' Eddie Vedder