Pearl Jam's new album ”Dark Matter” ! Single out!

Comments

• PJNB said:
    bigbiggzy said:
    STONE!!  WHERE’S THE DANG SINGLE ALREADY??
    I think the album release has been pushed back to April.   So I don't think we'll get a single til February. 
    I don't think pushed back is correct at all. It is not like it had a release date and got delayed. Coming out later than the clickbait headlines had us  believe maybe more accurate. 
    True, that's basically what I meant.  But I believe Stone had mentioned that he thought a single might be coming around Thanksgiving.  I just don't see that happening anytime soon especially if the records not coming until April. 
    I think I remembered reading somewhere that the backlog for getting vinyl pressed was like 6 months. That’s across the board for every artist. If they finished mixing and mastering in Sept or Oct, then April is a good guess or even May or June. Then consider delivery of product to the label, then distribution from there. But who really knows.. That’s not saying that they wouldn’t or couldn’t release prior to vinyl availability. 

On a side note, somewhere on FB earlier someone posted a pic of the guys and story about being on a flight today with with Mike, Stone and Ed heading to Burbank for recording session. Didn’t say what though. Makes me think maybe a video shoot for the coming single? Purely speculative but maybe…
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,453
    demetrios said:
    Zod said:
    So how many color variants are we talking?

1 just like gigaton? :)

One would be great. Though Ed's Earthling vinyl release there were 4 variants. Just hope there isn't 20+ variants like the last RHCP's album. 
    If you were being cynical you could say that the Earthling variants were to mask the comparatively poor quality of the songs…

Not that anybody here would think that of course…

But… you know… you could…
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,702
    goldrush said:
    demetrios said:
    Zod said:

One would be great. Though Ed's Earthling vinyl release there were 4 variants. Just hope there isn't 20+ variants like the last RHCP's album. 
    If you were being cynical you could say that the Earthling variants were to mask the comparatively poor quality of the songs…

Must be something else because the songs weren't poor in quality 
    I miss igotid88
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 90,924
    igotid88 said:
    goldrush said:
    demetrios said:
    Zod said:

Must be something else because the songs weren't poor in quality 
    Indeed, they weren't. 
  • The problem with Earthling wasn’t the songs, it was that Eddie Vedder/ the label charged so high for the album on vinyl that record stores felt ashamed about the price they had to take for it
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • The problem with Earthling wasn’t the songs, it was that Eddie Vedder/ the label charged so high for the album on vinyl that record stores felt ashamed about the price they had to take for it
    and now you can buy the vinyl for about 1/2 the price that it was when it was released.  Wish I'd waited.    
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,279
    BF25394 said:
    demetrios said:
    Zod said:

You're not obligated to buy any of them.

It is weird to me that there is more speculation about what colors the superfluous vinyl records will be than there is speculation about what songs will be on the album.
    What is there ro speculate about the songs
    That is a fair point.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,279
    PJNB said:
    bigbiggzy said:
    I think the album release has been pushed back to April.   So I don't think we'll get a single til February. 
    I don't think pushed back is correct at all. It is not like it had a release date and got delayed. Coming out later than the clickbait headlines had us  believe maybe more accurate. 
    True, that's basically what I meant.  But I believe Stone had mentioned that he thought a single might be coming around Thanksgiving.  I just don't see that happening anytime soon especially if the records not coming until April. 
    I think I remembered reading somewhere that the backlog for getting vinyl pressed was like 6 months. That’s across the board for every artist. If they finished mixing and mastering in Sept or Oct, then April is a good guess or even May or June. Then consider delivery of product to the label, then distribution from there. But who really knows.. That’s not saying that they wouldn’t or couldn’t release prior to vinyl availability. 

On a side note, somewhere on FB earlier someone posted a pic of the guys and story about being on a flight today with with Mike, Stone and Ed heading to Burbank for recording session. Didn’t say what though. Makes me think maybe a video shoot for the coming single? Purely speculative but maybe…
    Ed flies commercial?
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,833
    BF25394 said:
    PJNB said:
    bigbiggzy said:

Ed flies commercial?
    It was a photo of Ed and the pilot and Ed sitting in the jump seat.  Could have been a private plane. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....Las Vegas N1, Las Vegas N2, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Boston N1, Boston N2
    2025.....????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • vercemanverceman Posts: 681
    D-Rod said:
    BF25394 said:
    PJNB said:
    bigbiggzy said:

Ed flies commercial?
    It was a photo of Ed and the pilot and Ed sitting in the jump seat.  Could have been a private plane. 
    Yeah It was an Alaska Airlines flight to Burbank. I had the same thought about a video shoot 
    bigbiggzy said:

• STONE!!  
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,040
    goldrush said:
    demetrios said:
    Zod said:

I'll be honest - the record did very little for me, and I haven't heard it again since the month it was released. 

Each to their own, as I know many folk love it. 
  • primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
    If Ed ever does a solo record again it literally needs to be solo.  No backing band.  Just him and an acoustic and maybe a little harmonica.  Basically just like Sprinsteens Nebraska.  That's what I'm hoping for cause I know it would be really really good!
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
    If Ed ever does a solo record again it literally needs to be solo.  No backing band.  Just him and an acoustic and maybe a little harmonica.  Basically just like Sprinsteens Nebraska.  That's what I'm hoping for cause I know it would be really really good!

I would like that. That and a EV Atlantic Canadian Tour. 
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,405
    That's kind of what he did with the Into the Wild soundtrack
    www.myspace.com
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,831
    BF25394 said:
    PJNB said:
    bigbiggzy said:

Ed flies commercial?
    He flew coach to Santiago in 2015.  Rest of the band flew first class.  Separate flights.  
    Let's guess when the new single will drop. Will it be this month or January 2024? 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,423
    Going with February.
  • spankyMPspankyMP Posts: 1,727
    Don't care how, I want it noooowwwwwww!

Randall's Island 9/29/96, Continental Arena 9/8/98, MSG 9/10/98, Jones Beach 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 8/25/00, Nassau Coliseum 4/30/03, MSG 7/8/03, 7/9/03, Continental Arena 6/1/06, 6/3/06, MSG 6/24/08, 6/25/08, Spectrum 10/30/09, 10/31/09, MSG 5/20/10, 5/21/10, PJ20 9/3/11, 9/4/11, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Global Citizen 9/26/15, Raleigh 4/20/16 :( Baltimore 3/28/20 :( Austin 9/18/23, 9/19/23, Forum 5/21/24, Baltimore 9/12/24, Fenway 9/17/24
  • DeadmanDeadman Posts: 792
    demetrios said:
    Let's guess when the new single will drop. Will it be this month or January 2024? 
    Feeling pretty fortunate if we are truly this close!  Praying for Dec.!
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Posts: 4,138
    Unload your sack Santa and put this bad boy under our trees!! 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,833
    Hoping for December,  believing it will be February 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....Las Vegas N1, Las Vegas N2, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Boston N1, Boston N2
    2025.....????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,773
    edited December 2023
    no fake song titles yet? Those are always fun, especially when not a single one is ever true....

or Album title like PANGEA
    CROJAM95 said:
    no fake song titles yet? Those are always fun, especially when not a single one is ever true....

ask and you shall receive, found on Facebook yesterday:

Matt Cameron looked totally enthusiastic with the immense release of Pearl Jam's new album. "A return to our roots" he said, "especially for our closest fans". This after much of the so-called “Jamily” was pretty unhappy with “Gigaton” (2020) or as some of the longest-standing fans/collectors of the Seattle quintet called “GigaTURD”.
    When asked about the chilly fan reception, Cameron reflects “it was a very difficult time for everyone, the pandemic, Eddie’s increasingly budding alopecia, Josh (takes an awkward pause), etc.” About how the band was able to pull off the disc and tour Matt confesses "I knew we should give something to the fans, a joy, that the live experience could appreciate it differently, is why I honorably accept to take a "break" so other colleagues could sit at the drums and they could delight the fans. My job is always at Eddie's disposal, since that day he called me in 1998 and asked me what I was going to do for the summer. ”
    About the new material, it will be a real return to the roots, the Pearl Jam that our fans have been asking us for.
    "What is it to evolve? Why everything forward? Life and the world are an inconsistency. Do we have (? Friendship with Letterman, Ellen, we do corporate shows, but when it comes to defending our principles, we do not play in North Carolina and our fans who have nothing to do with and suffer this decision, there they are closer than ever.
    While not allowed to hear a second of new music, an excited Cameron shared the album title and tracklist

TWENTY
    1. Formerly
    2. Steady current
    3. Not Dead
    4. Y -pass
    5. Dark
    6. Josshhh
    7. seas
    8. Portal
    9. Park
    10. Profound
    11. Let Go

"It may sound familiar to those who have been following us for a long time, but why not" we were thinking of making a double disc but we realized that those 11 beat songs we played today take just over 25 minutes. An alternative is that Es reads poetry about some of Josh’s riffs, kinda like what I did on The Doors” confesses.TWENTY
    Randall's Island 9/29/96, Continental Arena 9/8/98, MSG 9/10/98, Jones Beach 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 8/25/00, Nassau Coliseum 4/30/03, MSG 7/8/03, 7/9/03, Continental Arena 6/1/06, 6/3/06, MSG 6/24/08, 6/25/08, Spectrum 10/30/09, 10/31/09, MSG 5/20/10, 5/21/10, PJ20 9/3/11, 9/4/11, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Global Citizen 9/26/15, Raleigh 4/20/16 :( Baltimore 3/28/20 :( Austin 9/18/23, 9/19/23, Forum 5/21/24, Baltimore 9/12/24, Fenway 9/17/24
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,253
    The problem with Earthling wasn’t the songs, it was that Eddie Vedder/ the label charged so high for the album on vinyl that record stores felt ashamed about the price they had to take for it
    and now you can buy the vinyl for about 1/2 the price that it was when it was released.  Wish I'd waited.    
    Ha, I didn't know that. Just looked, you're right, its $20 on Amazon now.
  • spankyMP said:
    CROJAM95 said:

Matt Cameron looked totally enthusiastic with the immense release of Pearl Jam's new album. "A return to our roots" he said, "especially for our closest fans". This after much of the so-called “Jamily” was pretty unhappy with “Gigaton” (2020) or as some of the longest-standing fans/collectors of the Seattle quintet called “GigaTURD”.
    When asked about the chilly fan reception, Cameron reflects “it was a very difficult time for everyone, the pandemic, Eddie’s increasingly budding alopecia, Josh (takes an awkward pause), etc.” About how the band was able to pull off the disc and tour Matt confesses "I knew we should give something to the fans, a joy, that the live experience could appreciate it differently, is why I honorably accept to take a "break" so other colleagues could sit at the drums and they could delight the fans. My job is always at Eddie's disposal, since that day he called me in 1998 and asked me what I was going to do for the summer. ”
    About the new material, it will be a real return to the roots, the Pearl Jam that our fans have been asking us for.
    "What is it to evolve? Why everything forward? Life and the world are an inconsistency. Do we have (? Friendship with Letterman, Ellen, we do corporate shows, but when it comes to defending our principles, we do not play in North Carolina and our fans who have nothing to do with and suffer this decision, there they are closer than ever.
    While not allowed to hear a second of new music, an excited Cameron shared the album title and tracklist

TWENTY
    1. Formerly
    2. Steady current
    3. Not Dead
    4. Y -pass
    5. Dark
    6. Josshhh
    7. seas
    8. Portal
    9. Park
    10. Profound
    11. Let Go

"It may sound familiar to those who have been following us for a long time, but why not" we were thinking of making a double disc but we realized that those 11 beat songs we played today take just over 25 minutes. An alternative is that Es reads poetry about some of Josh’s riffs, kinda like what I did on The Doors” confesses.TWENTY
    How come no one has commented on this yet?!

-twenty?!
    -ed has alopecia?!
    -what 11 beat songs take 25 minutes?
    -was he referring to when he had covid that he didn’t play drums?  Has to be right?
    -josshhh?? Def sounds like he’s playing on the album
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,702
    spankyMP said:
    CROJAM95 said:

TWENTY
    1. Formerly
    2. Steady current
    3. Not Dead
    4. Y -pass
    5. Dark
    6. Josshhh
    7. seas
    8. Portal
    9. Park
    10. Profound
    11. Let Go

-twenty?!
    -ed has alopecia?!
    -was he referring to when he had covid that he didn’t play drums?  Has to be right?
    Not real
    I miss igotid88
    Correct, satire.
  • igotid88 said:
    spankyMP said:
    CROJAM95 said:

TWENTY
    1. Formerly
    2. Steady current
    3. Not Dead
    4. Y -pass
    5. Dark
    6. Josshhh
    7. seas
    8. Portal
    9. Park
    10. Profound
    11. Let Go

-twenty?!
    -ed has alopecia?!
    Not real
    Oh, no shit? Ok.  I didn’t know wth was going on.  Thank you for that
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.