Pearl Jam's new album ”Dark Matter” ! Single out!

Comments

• BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,279
    igotid88 said:
    BF25394 said:
    igotid88 said:
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    strilo said:
    igotid88 said:
    RiotAct10 said:
    I believe the Stones new album was released after the cut-off date, so it won't be eligible until next year, but the single was released before the cut-off date, so it was eligible. If Pearl Jam's album is any good (which I expect it to be, just saying) then next year I could see Watt being nominated for Producer of the Year with the Stones record and PJs records both counting for next year, along with whatever else is put out with his production (Paul McCartney perhaps?)
    Pearl Jam won't get nominated unfortunately
    I agree with Jeff and Ed. Grammys are fucking stupid and meaningless.
    If you think Ed believes that today, you're kidding yourself.
    go on.
    Nowadays, Ed seems to be very comfortable with the Hollywood-entertainment-industrial complex of which the Grammys are a part.
    You can be both comfortable and not care if you win or not. I don't see them actively campaigning. Not like Taylor Swift who's main mission is to get Grammys.
    Not caring whether you win a Grammy, and not campaigning for one, are not the same thing as believing (or saying publicly) that a Grammy is meaningless.

Taylor Swift is a prolific and phenomenally talented artist whose main mission is clearly writing and performing songs. She doesn't write those songs to win Grammys; they give her Grammys because the songs are so good.
    Not saying she isn't but that doesn't necessarily mean it's "Grammy worthy". PJ has written many great songs/albums that weren't nominated. Gigaton the most recent example. Or if you want someone more contemporary The Weeknd. Look at The Foo Fighters, they have the same amount of wins as PJ has nominations. 15.
    Pearl Jam is my favorite band. I absolutely love Gigaton. But the best album of 2020 was Folklore, and it wasn't even close. You are free to hold the subjective opinion that Taylor Swift's work is not "Grammy-worthy" but, in reality, it is objectively the epitome of Grammy-worthy: critically lauded and commercially mega-successful. 

Also, Pearl Jam has released two albums since 2009. Taylor Swift has released eight studio albums since 2009, and that's not counting the four re-recorded albums that are full of new tracks "from the vault." One of these acts is a lot more likely to spring to the mind of the average Grammy voter when he or she thinks, "Hey, who's at the forefront of creativity in music this year?"

Further, when you stand on stage at an event you've been invited to by an organization and declare that an honor given to you by that organization is meaningless, go figure that you might no longer be considered to the same extent for that honor in the future.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
    mfc2006 said:
    A new single would be nice. Isn't the rumor that the album is coming out in February?
    I said on this site a while ago that the album will be out April 5. I'm sticking to that,
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,703
    BF25394 said:
    igotid88 said:
    BF25394 said:
    igotid88 said:
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    strilo said:
    igotid88 said:
    RiotAct10 said:
    I believe the Stones new album was released after the cut-off date, so it won't be eligible until next year, but the single was released before the cut-off date, so it was eligible. If Pearl Jam's album is any good (which I expect it to be, just saying) then next year I could see Watt being nominated for Producer of the Year with the Stones record and PJs records both counting for next year, along with whatever else is put out with his production (Paul McCartney perhaps?)
    Pearl Jam won't get nominated unfortunately
    I agree with Jeff and Ed. Grammys are fucking stupid and meaningless.
    If you think Ed believes that today, you're kidding yourself.
    go on.
    Nowadays, Ed seems to be very comfortable with the Hollywood-entertainment-industrial complex of which the Grammys are a part.
    You can be both comfortable and not care if you win or not. I don't see them actively campaigning. Not like Taylor Swift who's main mission is to get Grammys.
    Not caring whether you win a Grammy, and not campaigning for one, are not the same thing as believing (or saying publicly) that a Grammy is meaningless.

Taylor Swift is a prolific and phenomenally talented artist whose main mission is clearly writing and performing songs. She doesn't write those songs to win Grammys; they give her Grammys because the songs are so good.
    Not saying she isn't but that doesn't necessarily mean it's "Grammy worthy". PJ has written many great songs/albums that weren't nominated. Gigaton the most recent example. Or if you want someone more contemporary The Weeknd. Look at The Foo Fighters, they have the same amount of wins as PJ has nominations. 15.
    Pearl Jam is my favorite band. I absolutely love Gigaton. But the best album of 2020 was Folklore, and it wasn't even close. You are free to hold the subjective opinion that Taylor Swift's work is not "Grammy-worthy" but, in reality, it is objectively the epitome of Grammy-worthy: critically lauded and commercially mega-successful. 

Also, Pearl Jam has released two albums since 2009. Taylor Swift has released eight studio albums since 2009, and that's not counting the four re-recorded albums that are full of new tracks "from the vault." One of these acts is a lot more likely to spring to the mind of the average Grammy voter when he or she thinks, "Hey, who's at the forefront of creativity in music this year?"

Further, when you stand on stage at an event you've been invited to by an organization and declare that an honor given to you by that organization is meaningless, go figure that you might no longer be considered to the same extent for that honor in the future.
    I never said she wasn't Grammy worthy. I'm saying out guys are. And they've been overlooked plenty.
    I miss igotid88
  • BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 643
    All awards for 'art' are ridiculous and will mean very little in the long run. Look at the Grammy and Oscar winners from the 60's. Granted Sgt. Pep brought home album of year in 67, but the rest of the list... I mean, Bob Newhart won. Both awards, Oscars and Grammys are notoriously up for sale. 

So, about this album. Excited for it, loved Gigaton, but very interested to hear as I'm a little nervous about the Watt-effect.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,112
    Peak Pearl Jam news dead zone is Why The Hypothetical New Album Definitively Deserves A Grammy
  • 🤣 
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Posts: 4,138
    edited November 2023
    demetrios said:
    Sweeet! 

Is Jeff aware of this!?
    Post edited by BrainofBGA on
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 5,109
    edited November 2023
    BF25394 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    A new single would be nice. Isn't the rumor that the album is coming out in February?
    I said on this site a while ago that the album will be out April 5. I'm sticking to that,
    Gotta say that I agree. Avocado was released a eeek before the tour started. Backspacer and Lightning Bolt were released during a tour. Gigaton was released end of March with shows originally beginning first week of May. April release followed by a May leg makes sense…February for a May leg doesn’t.

There will probably be a single tease within the first two weeks of January. First single in February - New single in March - Album in April - Tour in May. 
    Post edited by HailHailVitalogy on
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • demetrios said:
    Sweeet! 

Is Jeff aware of this!?
    Jeff is planning to have a talk with the rest about the direction of the album and what producer to go with
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • TinaETinaE Posts: 1,467
    bigbiggzy said:
    That sounds good. New album and possibly a tour in 2024...I'm very excited
    Berlin 07/05/2018; Berlin 06/21/2022; Frankfurt 06/28/2022
    Eddie Vedder Düsseldorf 06/30/2019
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,643
    BF25394 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Gotta say that I agree. Avocado was released a eeek before the tour started. Backspacer and Lightning Bolt were released during a tour. Gigaton was released end of March with shows originally beginning first week of May. April release followed by a May leg makes sense…February for a May leg doesn’t.

There will probably be a single tease within the first two weeks of January. First single in February - New single in March - Album in April - Tour in May. 
    I think Gigaton was released in March with tour also supposed to begin in March. If I recall I had tickets to Baltimore and the show was supposed to be in March in 2020. 
  • just_onejust_one Posts: 2,108
    GlowGirl said:
    BF25394 said:
    mfc2006 said:

I think Gigaton was released in March with tour also supposed to begin in March. If I recall I had tickets to Baltimore and the show was supposed to be in March in 2020. 
    Euro Tour 2020 - announced in Early december
    Album and US Spring Tour - annouced in mid january 
  • JT167846JT167846 Posts: 891
    Very excited. I'd say April/May-I recall Maynard breaking down timelines in reverse for an album to get released on a date-lot of stuff to get done first (though I recall Metallica being very prompt with 72 Seasons).

Shame about the other. Am expecting a Louder Than Love reissue before those 7 tracks come out.
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • GlowGirl said:
    BF25394 said:
    mfc2006 said:

You’re right, not sure what I was looking at lol. More the reason I don’t think there’s 2-3 month gap between album and shows
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • spankyMPspankyMP Posts: 1,729
    GlowGirl said:

Correct. They announced the tour in January. The album release and tour lined up with the start of baseball season/Innings Festival as well, with songs being used by Fox for national broadcasts. A solid effort to promote the album got completely railroaded by COVID.
    Randall's Island 9/29/96, Continental Arena 9/8/98, MSG 9/10/98, Jones Beach 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 8/25/00, Nassau Coliseum 4/30/03, MSG 7/8/03, 7/9/03, Continental Arena 6/1/06, 6/3/06, MSG 6/24/08, 6/25/08, Spectrum 10/30/09, 10/31/09, MSG 5/20/10, 5/21/10, PJ20 9/3/11, 9/4/11, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Global Citizen 9/26/15, Raleigh 4/20/16 :( Baltimore 3/28/20 :( Austin 9/18/23, 9/19/23, Forum 5/21/24, Baltimore 9/12/24, Fenway 9/17/24
  • vercemanverceman Posts: 681
    Excited about the PJ album, although I thought everything with the Soundgarden estate was settled.  That part of the article was disappointing. 
  • So how many color variants are we talking?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • vercemanverceman Posts: 681
    So how many color variants are we talking?
    I am buying the CD, still the superior format.
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,502

1 just like gigaton? :)
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 90,933

5. Tops!
  • STONE!!  WHERE’S THE DANG SINGLE ALREADY??
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 90,933
    Zod said:

One would be great. Though Ed's Earthling vinyl release there were 4 variants. Just hope there isn't 20+ variants like the last RHCP's album. 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,055
    edited November 2023
    demetrios said:
    Zod said:

One would be great. Though Ed's Earthling vinyl release there were 4 variants. Just hope there isn't 20+ variants like the last RHCP's album. 
    regular version
    independant record store version

I can accept

But if I see a goddamn ” amazon ireland limited leprechaun edition not to be confused with the amazon lebanon cedar tree green edition” 
    demetrios said:
    Zod said:

You're not obligated to buy any of them.

It is weird to me that there is more speculation about what colors the superfluous vinyl records will be than there is speculation about what songs will be on the album.
  • primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
    bigbiggzy said:
    STONE!!  WHERE’S THE DANG SINGLE ALREADY??
    I think the album release has been pushed back to April.   So I don't think we'll get a single til February. 
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • BF25394 said:
    demetrios said:
    Zod said:

You're not obligated to buy any of them.

It is weird to me that there is more speculation about what colors the superfluous vinyl records will be than there is speculation about what songs will be on the album.
    What is there ro speculate about the songs
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,423
    bigbiggzy said:
    I think the album release has been pushed back to April.   So I don't think we'll get a single til February. 
    I don't think pushed back is correct at all. It is not like it had a release date and got delayed. Coming out later than the clickbait headlines had us  believe maybe more accurate. 
  • primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
    PJNB said:
    bigbiggzy said:
    I don't think pushed back is correct at all. It is not like it had a release date and got delayed. Coming out later than the clickbait headlines had us  believe maybe more accurate. 
    True, that's basically what I meant.  But I believe Stone had mentioned that he thought a single might be coming around Thanksgiving.  I just don't see that happening anytime soon especially if the records not coming until April. 
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09