Pearl Jam's new album ”Dark Matter” ! Single out!

Comments

• raindog80raindog80 Posts: 1,154
    cutz said:
    You're welcome mate. 
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,040
    A new single possibly in November? 

Magic!! Cant wait. 

Santa to Paul 'And what would you like for Xmas Paul?'

'Well Santa, a new pj track would be lovely'. 

Santa 'I'll see what we can do'
  • pdalowsky said:

Magic!! Cant wait. 

Could you not have asked him for a euro tour as well ?
    pdalowsky said:

Magic!! Cant wait. 

oh that's coming too......but i didn't want to be too greedy. 

• pdalowsky said:
    pdalowsky said:

Magic!! Cant wait. 

oh that's coming too......but i didn't want to be too greedy. 

👍bring it on
  • fl247556fl247556 Posts: 286

A subject that currently concerns me is possible collaborations.
    on the latest eddie vedder there are quite a few, and andrew the producer seems like that (eddie vedder, iggy pop, rolling stones...) will  there be any on the next album? Who? (if yes I would say iggy, j.homme) is this desirable? will Josh be in it?
    freddie vedder
    fl247556 said:

on the latest eddie vedder there are quite a few, and andrew the producer seems like that (eddie vedder, iggy pop, rolling stones...) will  there be any on the next album? Who? (if yes I would say iggy, j.homme) is this desirable? will Josh be in it?
    I really really hope not
  • kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 721
    fl247556 said:

Ozzy & Iggy are solo singers, you can’t make their albums without other players. And the Stones are down their rhythm section. PJ still has players for every part.
    but I absolutely expect Josh to be on it, if only percussion & keys.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,116
    If there are collaborations, my money is on a female rather than male singer. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • JimmyV said:
    To me thars the only possibility, everything else is covered in the band
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,703
    edited October 2023
    JimmyV said:
    They've had one on Gigaton. Lemolo(Meagan Grandall)
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • raindog80raindog80 Posts: 1,154
    edited October 2023
    fl247556 said:

Joshua Homme was reportedly spotted in the studio with Ed Vedder and Andrew Watt just a few months ago... so it's possible.
    I don't like guest albums, but if that's the case, then I'd expect to hear Joshua Homme, Julian Casablancas and/or Brian Fallon from The Gaslight Anthem.
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,703
    They're not really a band that needs it but it doesn't hurt to try.
    I miss igotid88
  • Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 5,547
    I think everyone would be well-advised to keep an open mind, because Watt's Contact list on his phone is wide & full of variety...
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II, 08/29 & 08/31/24: Wrigley Field I & II, 09/03 & 09/04/24: MSG I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, Bugs/all of Vitalogy, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), The Long Road, Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways, Ghost, Bu$hleaguer, WWS, Parachutes, Army Reserve, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Fatal, Hitchhiker, Education, Black Red Yellow, Of the Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Gonna See My Friend, Amongst the Waves, Santa Cruz, Infallible, Yellow Moon, Alright, Comes Then Goes, Got to Give, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,773
    i doubt any guest appearances ......people like to mess around in the studio, or just pop in to say hi to their friends
    raindog80 said:
    fl247556 said:

Joshua Homme was reportedly spotted in the studio with Ed Vedder and Andrew Watt just a few months ago... so it's possible.
    I don't like guest albums, but if that's the case, then I'd expect to hear Joshua Homme, Julian Casablancas and/or Brian Fallon from The Gaslight Anthem.
    could defo get onboard with Brian F
  • Give me Neil, Trent, Jim or a cool female voice or skip it.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Jimmydean55Jimmydean55 Posts: 1,270
    Brandi Carlile
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,116
    Brandi Carlile
    This has felt like it's on the table for a long time. Seattle connection, they covered Again Today, and she and Mike are good friends. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 5,547
    JimmyV said:
    Brandi Carlile
    This has felt like it's on the table for a long time. Seattle connection, they covered Again Today, and she and Mike are good friends. 
    Would love this. When Foo Fighters toured behind ESP&G, they had the core band, and basically the Foo Fighters Family with like 8 ppl on stage.
    I consider Boom, Josh, Brandi, Brendan, Danny Clinch, and Uncle Neil all part of the PJ family.
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II, 08/29 & 08/31/24: Wrigley Field I & II, 09/03 & 09/04/24: MSG I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, Bugs/all of Vitalogy, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), The Long Road, Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways, Ghost, Bu$hleaguer, WWS, Parachutes, Army Reserve, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Fatal, Hitchhiker, Education, Black Red Yellow, Of the Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Gonna See My Friend, Amongst the Waves, Santa Cruz, Infallible, Yellow Moon, Alright, Comes Then Goes, Got to Give, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,279
    fl247556 said:

Josh Klinghoffer told me that he does play on the new album. I don't know what instruments, or to what extent.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,279
    edited October 2023
    JimmyV said:
    Olivia Vedder.

Or Jeanne Tripplehorn.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • fl247556 said:

I hope not.. I don't want to hear iggy or josh on a pj album.
    "And the young, they can lose hope
    'Cause they can't see beyond today
    The wisdom that the old can't give away, hey
    Constant recoil
    Sometimes life don't leave you alone."
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 90,932
    Go Animal said:
    I think everyone would be well-advised to keep an open mind, because Watt's Contact list on his phone is wide & full of variety...
    Let us hope Justin Bieber makes a guest appearance .. 
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,405
    JimmyV said:
    To me thars the only possibility, everything else is covered in the band
    Did someone say collaboration?

www.myspace.com
  • Any updates??  Poppa needs some album news… 

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,236
    bigbiggzy said:
    Any updates??  Poppa needs some album news… 

This is PJ dead zone time. Always is after a tour and the start of the new year. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
    bigbiggzy said:
    Any updates??  Poppa needs some album news… 

Have a feeling we'll be getting some news very soon!
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09