Pearl Jam's new album ”Dark Matter” ! Single out!

Comments

• BrainofBGABrainofBGA Posts: 4,138
    So ‘sources’ have heard the new single 👀

November isn’t that far away! 🤘
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,236
    So ‘sources’ have heard the new single 👀

November isn’t that far away! 🤘
    Sources eh? Same folks that have access to set lists before shows begin? 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • The sound desk in the middle of the floor has a set list taped to it before the show most venues
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    The sound desk in the middle of the floor has a set list taped to it before the show most venues
    So someone looks at it and passes that around before a show? That’s fucked up man. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • People zoom in on a camera phone to ones on booms keys or on the stage from behind. It's camera phones. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • There is no way in hell I would even want to know. 
    In London last show me and my family went over the barrier and the security were way to violent to me. Thank fuck for rob from pj radio he came to our rescue and got us help. Anyway long story I knew the tour manager and we saw him in the medical area he gave my daughter a set list and Matt's sticks about 5 songs in. I immediately folded the set list up and put it away. Not a chance I want to know any songs coming up talk about ruin it.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,773
    ^ same… some dude at Austin 1 was blabbing near me about how he knew the Setlist and was about to say

i went for a beer

fuck that… that’s part of the magic not knowing 
  • "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • The sound desk in the middle of the floor has a set list taped to it before the show most venues
    So someone looks at it and passes that around before a show? That’s fucked up man. 
    Sat on the rail of the sound desk next to Keely at MSG in 22. Saw the setlist handed to the lighting crew so they could set up the show. Same with the sound. I did not look at it. Felt like I would cheat myself the experience of the shows journey.  Would NEVER share it out. 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,055
    edited October 2023
    The sound desk in the middle of the floor has a set list taped to it before the show most venues
    Not really that fucked up or uncommon (to know the songs beforehand)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Not really that fucked up or uncommon (to know the songs beforehand)
    Sure, if you’re the band or its crew. Fans sneaking a peak and then sharing it out? That’s fucked in my opinion. If this is common, I wasn’t aware. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,469
    edited October 2023
    It's not common at all. I think it's fucked . How many would want to know. ? Do a poll. I'm betting not even 5%
    Post edited by lastexitlondon on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,551
    Its more weird than anything. I personally don't want to know, but if people do as some sort of weird flex, i don't get it but go for it. 

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,551
    I mean, these aren't state secrets. "fucked" is a bit much. But it is weird to know. But theres a lot of weird fans too.

It’s more weird than anything. I personally don't want to know, but if people do as some sort of weird flex, i don't get it but go for it. 

I’m sure folks who pass it onto Dimitris feel pretty chuffed about themselves for doing so. I personally wish he and his group of folks on his Facebook page would cut it out. Ok, back to new album talk. 
    www.cluthelee.com
    edited October 2023
    It's not common at all. I think it's fucked . How many would want to know. ? Do a poll. I'm betting not even 5%
    I looked up on setlist.fm what songs PJ Harvey plays this tour. Don't see what the big fuss is? She plays the same setlist every night, so I guess I sneaked a peak?

Last time Magic Numbers  played Gothenburg, I stood up close to the stage and saw a bunch of songs on the setlist and I didn't scream out:

I understand not wanting to know - and with Pearl Jam/Neil Young whatever I do not want to know beforehand. And that should be respected. But not that uncommon to sneak a peak on a setlist, or check before hand what a band plays. I have heard friends talk about not wanting spoilers beforehand for movies. Never heard anyone scream DON'T YOU DARE TALK ABOUT WHAT SONGS AC/DC PLAYS THIS TOUR.

With Pearl Jam I have actively looked past and away from setlists. But a casual fan, or whatever level of fans wanting to know what is being played. Why would anyone care about that?

EDIT: But maybe your gripe is about forcing it onto others?
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • We aren't on an AC DC forum or magic numbers forum. 
    For pearl jam it's 80% the thrill they could play anything. I personally would never want that taken away from my experience. The fact other bands play the same set every night makes that a non point. 
    This band obviously changes it so very much every night and that's why people go both nights or multiple. I would not go multiple nights to get the same set and yes I don't want some know it all proud of themselves for seeing a set ruin it. Keep it to yourself if you really can't wait and see and want to be centre of attention for zooming in on a setlist
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

edited October 2023
    We aren't on an AC DC forum or magic numbers forum. 
    For pearl jam it's 80% the thrill they could play anything.
    For you. Some people go to one show, or several, and don't mind knowing that Alone or a cover of All the things she said is on the setlist.

But whatever, obviously no one should force that info onto anyone else. Whether its Pearl Jam, or ACDC or Magic Numbers that seem to have dwindled in popularity. Sad.

And, just so we do not have any beef - I want to be in the dark when it comes to Pearl Jam shows. And I wouldn't scream out what's on the setlist if I happen to know.

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,831
    I enjoy guessing the songs based on the guitars.  Been tougher to do though the last few tours.  
  • I enjoy guessing the songs based on the guitars.  Been tougher to do though the last few tours.  
    I love doing that too
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• We aren't on an AC DC forum or magic numbers forum. 
    For pearl jam it's 80% the thrill they could play anything.
    For you. Some people go to one show, or several, and don't mind knowing that Alone or a cover of All the things she said is on the setlist.

But whatever, obviously no one should force that info onto anyone else. Whether its Pearl Jam, or ACDC or Magic Numbers that seem to have dwindled in popularity. Sad.

And, just so we do not have any beef - I want to be in the dark when it comes to Pearl Jam shows. And I wouldn't scream out what's on the setlist if I happen to know.

No beef mate . At all
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,112
    If you snap a pic of a setlist and want to share it privately with others who are interested, knock yourself out. It's very poor etiquette to circulate that publicly and anyone who does should be made to feel bad. Not hard 
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,659
    CROJAM95 said:
    ^ same… some dude at Austin 1 was blabbing near me about how he knew the Setlist and was about to say

i went for a beer

fuck that… that’s part of the magic not knowing 
    Woman next to me in the pit at FW2 had the setlist on her phone. She kept looking at it. I told her she was cheating.
    She stopped looking.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,116
    A pic of the Camden setlist last year leaked on FB about an hour before the show. I honestly thought it was fake. Too good!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,887
    I enjoy guessing the songs based on the guitars.  Been tougher to do though the last few tours.  
    Double neck = Inside Job
  • Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,023
    Loujoe said:
    Double neck = Inside Job
    Not in Hamilton last year, made it more of a surprise 
  • Mike played Pendulum with a violin bow in Missoula 18  but no bow in St Paul. Thought it was better with the bow.