Options

Viruses / Vaccines 2

Comments

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,708
    Rand Paul said it was a lab leak, so there’s our evidence. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,911
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    static111 said:
    23scidoo said:
    I dont think lies are being told  . With each day comes  more actual factual information and im keen to learn from what is happening  
    Iit has been proven that we were lied to..
    I would like to see the proof.  I'm not doubting you, but every time someone tries to share something like this with me, upon follow up it usually ends up being some info taken out of context. 
    Don't tell me you still believe the ''bαt'' theory??
    let's take a step back here a moment. you have no problems believing aliens exist and have visited us, but you have a problem with a perfectly plausible explanation based on scientific facts of it happening several times in the past? zoonotic diseases, anyone? 

was it a lab leak? maybe
    was it the wet market? also maybe. 

the signs now point to the first being the more likely scenario. But initially there was no reason to believe it was. especially since China isn't exactly transparent with any information towards the outside world. 

and the people going so far as to believe that fauci had a hand in this, and it was intentional. um. haha. 
    i can't understand you..
    zoonotic diseases
    lab leak
    wet market
    please decide..
    and what should I base my decision on? my own "research"? none of these scenarios is currently provable, unless you have some definitive proof I haven't seen. 

not sure what is hard to understand about my position. wait to see the evidence. not youtube. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,556

Well then, that settles it. 
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,601
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    static111 said:
    23scidoo said:
    I dont think lies are being told  . With each day comes  more actual factual information and im keen to learn from what is happening  
    I would like to see the proof.  I'm not doubting you, but every time someone tries to share something like this with me, upon follow up it usually ends up being some info taken out of context. 
    let's take a step back here a moment. you have no problems believing aliens exist and have visited us, but you have a problem with a perfectly plausible explanation based on scientific facts of it happening several times in the past? zoonotic diseases, anyone? 

was it a lab leak? maybe

the signs now point to the first being the more likely scenario. But initially there was no reason to believe it was. especially since China isn't exactly transparent with any information towards the outside world. 

and the people going so far as to believe that fauci had a hand in this, and it was intentional. um. haha. 
    i can't understand you..
    zoonotic diseases
    lab leak
    wet market
    please decide..
    and what should I base my decision on? my own "research"? none of these scenarios is currently provable, unless you have some definitive proof I haven't seen. 

not sure what is hard to understand about my position. wait to see the evidence. not youtube. 
    so, you don't have your own opinion??
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    23scidoo said:
    static111 said:
    23scidoo said:
    I think it is as valid a theory as lab leak until we have actual proof.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Oh well I guess I can stop following up on other claims now.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    static111 said:
    23scidoo said:
    static111 said:
    23scidoo said:
    I think it is as valid a theory as lab leak until we have actual proof.

Finally a non sarcastic, non ironic answer..thanks you..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    static111 said:
    23scidoo said:

was it a lab leak? maybe

i can't understand you..
    zoonotic diseases
    lab leak
    wet market
    please decide..

so, you don't have your own opinion??
    I already told you my opinion. my opinion is that it could be either zoonotic or a lab leak. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    For me the difference is HUGE..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    And now we have these..''get the vaccine, don't spread the virus, protect the elders''..am i wrong, am i lie??..i get 3 of those..

https://www.wsj.com/articles/are-vaccines-fueling-new-covid-variants-xbb-northeast-antibodies-mutation-strain-immune-imprinting-11672483618

https://sanduskyregister.com/news/436005/covid-vaccine-study-raises-questions-about-boosters/

and i have post several other links..serious things, scientists, as you want us to trust..
    but everyone have a different opinion about science..respectful..but please don't try to convince me otherwise by irony or sarcasm..

EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    23scidoo said:
    For me the difference is HUGE..
    well of course they are massively different. a lab leak would be a colossal failure and would be a very, very unfortunate cause of millions dying and changing the course of history. that we can agree on, for sure. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    23scidoo said:
    And now we have these..''get the vaccine, don't spread the virus, protect the elders''..am i wrong, am i lie??..i get 3 of those..

https://www.wsj.com/articles/are-vaccines-fueling-new-covid-variants-xbb-northeast-antibodies-mutation-strain-immune-imprinting-11672483618

https://sanduskyregister.com/news/436005/covid-vaccine-study-raises-questions-about-boosters/

and i have post several other links..serious things, scientists, as you want us to trust..
    but everyone have a different opinion about science..respectful..but please don't try to convince me otherwise by irony or sarcasm..

two things. the WSJ article is an opinion piece. Second, it's behind a paywall, so I can't read it past the first paragraph. 

the second study isn't peer viewed. it also states very broadly that more people who received the vaccine have been infected more often. they don't know why. this could have a very wide range of causes. first of which is probably that vaccinated individuals feel more confident about "going back to normal" and getting infected multiple times. But there would be any number of causes. 

come to think of it, I suppose my "irony" statement actually isn't ironic at all. It actually makes sense that those believe in a large scale government coverup of alien visitation would align with being skeptical of the pandemic. and I'm not trying to be sarcastic here. I don't decry anyone who believes in government conspiracies. Could very well be true. But I don't understand the sudden skepticism of nearly every scientist on earth. when you think about it, it's a staggering claim. 

sure, there's going to be ranges of opinions on interpreting the data, as this pandemic is still only 3 years old. they'll be studying how this was handled and how the virus mutated and behaved for decades to come. We're still learning more about the 1918 pandemic. Science is exactly that: the process of learning new things and disproving previously held beliefs as new data emerges. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited January 2023
    23scidoo said:

two things. the WSJ article is an opinion piece. Second, it's behind a paywall, so I can't read it past the first paragraph. 

the second study isn't peer viewed. it also states very broadly that more people who received the vaccine have been infected more often. they don't know why. this could have a very wide range of causes. first of which is probably that vaccinated individuals feel more confident about "going back to normal" and getting infected multiple times. But there would be any number of causes. 

come to think of it, I suppose my "irony" statement actually isn't ironic at all. It actually makes sense that those believe in a large scale government coverup of alien visitation would align with being skeptical of the pandemic. and I'm not trying to be sarcastic here. I don't decry anyone who believes in government conspiracies. Could very well be true. But I don't understand the sudden skepticism of nearly every scientist on earth. when you think about it, it's a staggering claim. 

sure, there's going to be ranges of opinions on interpreting the data, as this pandemic is still only 3 years old. they'll be studying how this was handled and how the virus mutated and behaved for decades to come. We're still learning more about the 1918 pandemic. Science is exactly that: the process of learning new things and disproving previously held beliefs as new data emerges. 

Come on Hugh, obviously it's a big scam and the leaders of every nation in the world are in on it. 
  • Options
    23scidoo said:

First..about the variants and the boosters, it's out there, months now..i think i have post other articles in the past, wouldn't do it again, you all are free to check this..

second..''But I don't understand the sudden skepticism of nearly every scientist on earth''..100% with you..how many times
    did you see this happens over the last 3 years..how many people lose their job cause they think or believe otherwise??how many people do you mock cause they didn't wear the mask or didn't get the vaccine..how many scientists they were formed into the margins for this reason..why Fauci is authentic and not this guy.. 
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luc_Montagnier#:~:text=Luc Montagnier (US: /ˌ,of the human immunodeficiency virus (

third..so, they just point the finger to us but still 3 years later they don't know exactly..
    and still giving orders..nice..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    jwhjr17jwhjr17 Posts: 1,928
    Just want to thank everyone posting in here for my almost daily dose of laughs.  And they come from either side.  Carry on :grin:
    1998-06-30 Mpls | 2006-07-06 Las Vegas | 2010-05-03 Kansas City | 2011-07-01 St. Louis EV | 2011-07-02 Mpls EV | 2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20 | 2011-09-17 Winnipeg | 2012-09-30 Missoula | 2012-11-18 Tulsa EV | 2013-07-19 Chicago | 2013-11-15 Dallas
    2013-11-16 OKC | 2014-10-09 Lincoln | 2014-10-17 Moline | 2014-10-19 St. Paul | 2014-10-20 Milwaukee | 2016-08-20 Chicago
    2016-08-22 Chicago | 2018-08-18 Chicago | 2018-08-20 Chicago | 2022-05-09 Phoenix | 2022-05-20 Las Vegas | 2022-09-18 St. Louis 
    2022-09-20 OKC | 2023-08-31 St. Paul | 2023-09-02 St. Paul | 2024-05-16 Las Vegas | 2024-05-18 Las Vegas |
  • Options
    Its good to have different opinions and to learn . Nobody knows everything.  Science is always moving
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:

First..about the variants and the boosters, it's out there, months now..i think i have post other articles in the past, wouldn't do it again, you all are free to check this..

second..''But I don't understand the sudden skepticism of nearly every scientist on earth''..100% with you..how many times
    did you see this happens over the last 3 years..how many people lose their job cause they think or believe otherwise??how many people do you mock cause they didn't wear the mask or didn't get the vaccine..how many scientists they were formed into the margins for this reason..why Fauci is authentic and not this guy.. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luc_Montagnier#:~:text=Luc Montagnier (US: /ˌ,of the human immunodeficiency virus (

third..so, they just point the finger to us but still 3 years later they don't know exactly..
    and still giving orders..nice..
    there will always be outliers. but I am going to tend to believe the 99% over the 1%. no scientist is a god. they are fallible humans like the rest of us. some are going to be good at their jobs and others won't be. do you think it's plausible that the 99% are bad at their jobs and the 1% are good? or the other way around?

I'm going with the 99%, 100% of the time. that's just makes sense to me. 

there are always going to be a number of unanswered questions regarding this, until we're long removed from it and it's studied ad nauseum. like how in the beginning they fucked up the mask thing. They said they didn't work. Then they said they did. Now they are saying some don't and some do. I'm inclined to believe the latter. I think in the beginning they said they weren't needed since they thought the virus spread in the same way as other cold and flu viruses. When they got evidence that it was more evasive, and stayed in the air longer and had a farther reach, they switched course. Again, that's how science works. You change your position based on the known information at the time. 

it's not easy navigating a new disease in real time. hindsight is always goin to be 20/20. there are going to be things they get wrong. there are going to be things they get right. 

again, the only people claiming fauci is some type of worshipped deity by the left, are people from the right. he is a trusted virologist based on his decades of service and education and experience dealing with epidemiology. 

and the other guy, based just on the link you provided, sounds pretty problematic and controversial in the scientific community. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    and I don't mock anyone who doesn't get the vaccine or doesn't mask. I am not currently masking unless it's required at whatever business I'm about to enter. or if I'm sick. in which case I don't leave the house anyway. 

but there's the opposite side, I see way more people on the right, and people like joe rogan, openly shaming people to their millions of viewers/followers for simply wearing a mask when they think it's not necessary. it goes both ways.  
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    AW124797AW124797 Posts: 646
    jwhjr17 said:
    Just want to thank everyone posting in here for my almost daily dose of laughs.  And they come from either side.  Carry on :grin:
    I'm with you here. What happened to all those forum health "experts" that were demonizing antivaxxers 1 year or so ago on this thread? Truly miss their insults, arguments and data reports links.
  • Options
    AW124797 said:
    jwhjr17 said:
    I'm with you here. What happened to all those forum health "experts" that were demonizing antivaxxers 1 year or so ago on this thread? Truly miss their insults, arguments and data reports links.
    you don't like data?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    AW124797 said:
    jwhjr17 said:
    you don't like data?
    I like data. Please repost on how covid vaccine prevents infection and transmission. 
  • Options
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    jwhjr17 said:
    you don't like data?
    I like data. Please repost on how covid vaccine prevents infection and transmission. 
    it doesn't prevent infection. it prevents severe outcomes. which we've known for a very long time. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    jwhjr17 said:
    you don't like data?

Here's a study from Washington State Department of Health that found:

Unvaccinated 12-34 year-olds in Washington are • 2 times more likely to get COVID-19 compared with 12-34 year-olds who have completed the primary series.

Unvaccinated 35-64 year-olds are • 1.9 times more likely to get COVID-19 compared with 35 - 64 year-olds who have completed the primary series.

Unvaccinated 65+ year-olds are • 2.3 times more likely to get COVID-19 compared with 65+ year-olds who have completed the primary series

https://doh.wa.gov/sites/default/files/2022-02/421-010-CasesInNotFullyVaccinated.pdf

• Options
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    jwhjr17 said:
    you don't like data?
    it doesn't prevent infection. it prevents severe outcomes. which we've known for a very long time. 

That data about the vaccine reducing hospitalizations and deaths doesn't fit the predetermined narrative that vaccines don't help, so it's ignored. 
  • Options
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    jwhjr17 said:
    you don't like data?

That data about the vaccine reducing hospitalizations and deaths doesn't fit the predetermined narrative that vaccines don't help, so it's ignored. 
    I've noticed that. people cling to the "prevents infection" claim from two years ago when they thought it did/would. They figured out it doesn't (or at least not to the degree it was hoped) but at least it prevents severe outcomes, and those that knew were honest about it. That is undeniable. But when the science changes, people say the previous science was a lie. it's so weird. that's literally how science has always worked. 

the science has evolved at a record pace here, and people want to call it a conspiracy. when the fuck did humanity ever have a preventative measure that mitigates severe disease and death within months of the new disease being discovered, this quickly? literally never. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    jwhjr17 said:
    you don't like data?
    There you go. Initial data was way off then. 
  • Options
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    jwhjr17 said:
    you don't like data?

But it does fit the vaccine requirement narrative. 
  • Options
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    jwhjr17 said:
    you don't like data?

I've noticed that. people cling to the "prevents infection" claim from two years ago when they thought it did/would. They figured out it doesn't (or at least not to the degree it was hoped) but at least it prevents severe outcomes, and those that knew were honest about it. That is undeniable. But when the science changes, people say the previous science was a lie. it's so weird. that's literally how science has always worked. 

the science has evolved at a record pace here, and people want to call it a conspiracy. when the fuck did humanity ever have a preventative measure that mitigates severe disease and death within months of the new disease being discovered, this quickly? literally never. 
    Tell that to the people that were still being fired 10 months ago. 
  • Options
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    jwhjr17 said:
    you don't like data?
    There you go. Initial data was way off then. 
    yeah, again, that's how science works. and it wasn't "way off". as far as I understand it, they couldn't know about infection/transmission affectation until they had real world data. and they didn't have real world data until they had high rollout and uptake. it was disappointing that it didn't have as much of an impact on those factors as they had hoped, but at least it is keeping millions more alive. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    jwhjr17 said:
    you don't like data?

But it does fit the vaccine requirement narrative. 
    public health is not a "narrative". 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com