Options

Viruses / Vaccines 2

Comments

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,767
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    And now we have these..''get the vaccine, don't spread the virus, protect the elders''..am i wrong, am i lie??..i get 3 of those..

https://www.wsj.com/articles/are-vaccines-fueling-new-covid-variants-xbb-northeast-antibodies-mutation-strain-immune-imprinting-11672483618

https://sanduskyregister.com/news/436005/covid-vaccine-study-raises-questions-about-boosters/

and i have post several other links..serious things, scientists, as you want us to trust..
    but everyone have a different opinion about science..respectful..but please don't try to convince me otherwise by irony or sarcasm..

two things. the WSJ article is an opinion piece. Second, it's behind a paywall, so I can't read it past the first paragraph. 

the second study isn't peer viewed. it also states very broadly that more people who received the vaccine have been infected more often. they don't know why. this could have a very wide range of causes. first of which is probably that vaccinated individuals feel more confident about "going back to normal" and getting infected multiple times. But there would be any number of causes. 

come to think of it, I suppose my "irony" statement actually isn't ironic at all. It actually makes sense that those believe in a large scale government coverup of alien visitation would align with being skeptical of the pandemic. and I'm not trying to be sarcastic here. I don't decry anyone who believes in government conspiracies. Could very well be true. But I don't understand the sudden skepticism of nearly every scientist on earth. when you think about it, it's a staggering claim. 

sure, there's going to be ranges of opinions on interpreting the data, as this pandemic is still only 3 years old. they'll be studying how this was handled and how the virus mutated and behaved for decades to come. We're still learning more about the 1918 pandemic. Science is exactly that: the process of learning new things and disproving previously held beliefs as new data emerges. 
    First..about the variants and the boosters, it's out there, months now..i think i have post other articles in the past, wouldn't do it again, you all are free to check this..

second..''But I don't understand the sudden skepticism of nearly every scientist on earth''..100% with you..how many times
    did you see this happens over the last 3 years..how many people lose their job cause they think or believe otherwise??how many people do you mock cause they didn't wear the mask or didn't get the vaccine..how many scientists they were formed into the margins for this reason..why Fauci is authentic and not this guy.. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luc_Montagnier#:~:text=Luc Montagnier (US: /ˌ,of the human immunodeficiency virus (

third..so, they just point the finger to us but still 3 years later they don't know exactly..
    and still giving orders..nice..
    there will always be outliers. but I am going to tend to believe the 99% over the 1%. no scientist is a god. they are fallible humans like the rest of us. some are going to be good at their jobs and others won't be. do you think it's plausible that the 99% are bad at their jobs and the 1% are good? or the other way around?

I'm going with the 99%, 100% of the time. that's just makes sense to me. 

there are always going to be a number of unanswered questions regarding this, until we're long removed from it and it's studied ad nauseum. like how in the beginning they fucked up the mask thing. They said they didn't work. Then they said they did. Now they are saying some don't and some do. I'm inclined to believe the latter. I think in the beginning they said they weren't needed since they thought the virus spread in the same way as other cold and flu viruses. When they got evidence that it was more evasive, and stayed in the air longer and had a farther reach, they switched course. Again, that's how science works. You change your position based on the known information at the time. 

it's not easy navigating a new disease in real time. hindsight is always goin to be 20/20. there are going to be things they get wrong. there are going to be things they get right. 

again, the only people claiming fauci is some type of worshipped deity by the left, are people from the right. he is a trusted virologist based on his decades of service and education and experience dealing with epidemiology. 

and the other guy, based just on the link you provided, sounds pretty problematic and controversial in the scientific community. 
    The other ''guy'' is a Nobel Prize winner for discovery the HIV..but again, what can he knows??..
    yes, he did. But there are a ton of other things he has said and done that are wildly controversial. 
    because what he said does not agree with the establishment... we have seen thιs movie before..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    Can't convince me otherwise..how many boosters we will need..10..100??
    they doing poor job 3 years now..
    what's doing a poor job? the vaccines? seriously? saving million and millions of lives is doing a poor job?

so no matter what data is shown to you, you refuse to believe it. then the point of discussing this is...what exactly?
    and that's work both sides..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,093
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    what's doing a poor job? the vaccines? seriously? saving million and millions of lives is doing a poor job?

so no matter what data is shown to you, you refuse to believe it. then the point of discussing this is...what exactly?
    not true. I believe consensus. you seem to believe the outliers. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    And now we have these..''get the vaccine, don't spread the virus, protect the elders''..am i wrong, am i lie??..i get 3 of those..

https://www.wsj.com/articles/are-vaccines-fueling-new-covid-variants-xbb-northeast-antibodies-mutation-strain-immune-imprinting-11672483618

https://sanduskyregister.com/news/436005/covid-vaccine-study-raises-questions-about-boosters/

and i have post several other links..serious things, scientists, as you want us to trust..
    but everyone have a different opinion about science..respectful..but please don't try to convince me otherwise by irony or sarcasm..

two things. the WSJ article is an opinion piece. Second, it's behind a paywall, so I can't read it past the first paragraph. 

the second study isn't peer viewed. it also states very broadly that more people who received the vaccine have been infected more often. they don't know why. this could have a very wide range of causes. first of which is probably that vaccinated individuals feel more confident about "going back to normal" and getting infected multiple times. But there would be any number of causes. 

come to think of it, I suppose my "irony" statement actually isn't ironic at all. It actually makes sense that those believe in a large scale government coverup of alien visitation would align with being skeptical of the pandemic. and I'm not trying to be sarcastic here. I don't decry anyone who believes in government conspiracies. Could very well be true. But I don't understand the sudden skepticism of nearly every scientist on earth. when you think about it, it's a staggering claim. 

sure, there's going to be ranges of opinions on interpreting the data, as this pandemic is still only 3 years old. they'll be studying how this was handled and how the virus mutated and behaved for decades to come. We're still learning more about the 1918 pandemic. Science is exactly that: the process of learning new things and disproving previously held beliefs as new data emerges. 
    First..about the variants and the boosters, it's out there, months now..i think i have post other articles in the past, wouldn't do it again, you all are free to check this..

second..''But I don't understand the sudden skepticism of nearly every scientist on earth''..100% with you..how many times
    did you see this happens over the last 3 years..how many people lose their job cause they think or believe otherwise??how many people do you mock cause they didn't wear the mask or didn't get the vaccine..how many scientists they were formed into the margins for this reason..why Fauci is authentic and not this guy.. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luc_Montagnier#:~:text=Luc Montagnier (US: /ˌ,of the human immunodeficiency virus (

third..so, they just point the finger to us but still 3 years later they don't know exactly..
    there will always be outliers. but I am going to tend to believe the 99% over the 1%. no scientist is a god. they are fallible humans like the rest of us. some are going to be good at their jobs and others won't be. do you think it's plausible that the 99% are bad at their jobs and the 1% are good? or the other way around?

there are always going to be a number of unanswered questions regarding this, until we're long removed from it and it's studied ad nauseum. like how in the beginning they fucked up the mask thing. They said they didn't work. Then they said they did. Now they are saying some don't and some do. I'm inclined to believe the latter. I think in the beginning they said they weren't needed since they thought the virus spread in the same way as other cold and flu viruses. When they got evidence that it was more evasive, and stayed in the air longer and had a farther reach, they switched course. Again, that's how science works. You change your position based on the known information at the time. 

it's not easy navigating a new disease in real time. hindsight is always goin to be 20/20. there are going to be things they get wrong. there are going to be things they get right. 

again, the only people claiming fauci is some type of worshipped deity by the left, are people from the right. he is a trusted virologist based on his decades of service and education and experience dealing with epidemiology. 

and the other guy, based just on the link you provided, sounds pretty problematic and controversial in the scientific community. 
    The other ''guy'' is a Nobel Prize winner for discovery the HIV..but again, what can he knows??..
    yes, he did. But there are a ton of other things he has said and done that are wildly controversial. 
    because what he said does not agree with the establishment... we have seen thιs movie before..
    no, because it's not backed with hard data. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:

you know..the truth is controversial..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,652
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:

You keep talking in circles without making a point.

Do you even have one? 
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:

we have data for the opposite side??
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:

Do you even have one? 
    i don't..waiting for the news to make one for me..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:

we have data for the opposite side??
    What opposite side? 
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:

Do you even have one? 
    Exactly, 

You're just talking shit. 
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,639
    edited January 2023
    I am triple vaxed.   My dad got vaxed and for the first time in his life had heart issues less than a week later that impacted his quality of life the last two years before his death.  Coincidence, I think not.  I'm not saying the vaccine killed him, but likely created heart issues that didn't help.   What I read though is that the heart risks from Covid are worse than the heart risks from the vaccine.  Fine, I'll accept that.  But don't say on the flip side that vaccines are 100% healthy for everyone or call people quacks because they don't think vaccines are safe for all.  
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    I am triple vaxed.   My dad got vaxed and for the first time in his life had heart issues less than a week later that impacted his quality of life the last two years before his death.  Coincidence, I think not.  I'm not saying the vaccine killed him, but likely created heart issues that didn't help.   What I read though is that the heart risks from Covid are worse than the heart risks from the vaccine.  Fine, I'll accept that.  But don't say on the flip side that vaccines are 100% healthy for everyone or call people quacks because they don't think vaccines are safe for all.  
    Im with you on this
     Sorry to hear this about your dad
     Its happening  far too often
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    who is saying that? the scientific community openly acknowledges there are risks to any medication/vaccine. there are definitely vaccine injuries that occur. that's why they ask you all those questions before you take it.

I'm so sorry about you dad. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Its more than that  though 
     The excess deaths that nobody is allowed to speak of on the internet.  Its more than your average risk 
     It really is. Every country  in the  world is now having cardiac arrests to a level  not seen pre mrna vaccine.  Its not just a theory or story
     These  are real peoples family  members.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,626
    edited January 2023
    who is saying that? the scientific community openly acknowledges there are risks to any medication/vaccine. there are definitely vaccine injuries that occur. that's why they ask you all those questions before you take it.

I'm so sorry about you dad. 
    Im wondering what questions you can be asked to know if you  will have a heart attack after ? Non of these people had a problem  before so how can they answer a question thats not a question  before they have this happen? We are talking mrna vaccines  here  which is not any other  vaccine  we have ever  used
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,143
     The excess deaths that nobody is allowed to speak of on the internet.  Its more than your average risk 
     It really is. Every country  in the  world is now having cardiac arrests to a level  not seen pre mrna vaccine.  Its not just a theory or story
    Nobody is allowed to speak of? Then how have you heard these things?

And it is absolutely not more than average risk. It's so rare it doesn't register.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    more than what?

yeah, I know they are happening, and obviously I know they are real people. it's also not happening to the level you seem to think it is. if you are looking to read about the incidence of anything, you're going to find it. anecdotes till the end of time. But it you are still many more times likely to have it happen with covid than with the vaccine. that is an indisputable fact. 

my dad had a heart attack in the spring. shortly after having covid (we couldn't visit him as he was still testing positive in the hospital). could it have been as a result of the vax he got a month or so before? or covid. or neither? he had a blockage (not a clot), so it's most likely from neither. but at the time, I 100% thought it was covid. these incidents do happen in tandem. it seems the hysteria has gotten the better of many people where their default is "WAS HE VAXXED" and if the answer is yes (given vax rates, it's highly likely), there you have it, the vax killed him. no one cares about actual evidence anymore. coincidence is not evidence. 

bootlegger's dad may very well have had a vax injury. no doubt about it. it does happen. but to just automatically assume it is what people are pushing back on. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,733
    Do you have a source for the cardiac arrest claim or is it too forbidden to speak about any further? 
  • Options
    Its pointless because anyone who dares to question or feel for the families who lost someone to the vaccine is some kind of odd ball  with misinformation.  Any link or Dr thats put on here is made our to be not good enough or from somewhere  thats not real. I dont know what you are told or read over there but  many studies and actual numbers are starting to all say the same.  If anyone  dares to say wait a minute  this looks odd. They  must be  a nutter or political.  I guess time will tell. I may be a nutter. 
    We all make our choices.  I just wish with hind sight we have full information before taking and giving our kids. We were all told take it to protect others.  So we did.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,733
    Its pointless because anyone who dares to question or feel for the families who lost someone to the vaccine is some kind of odd ball  with misinformation.  Any link or Dr thats put on here is made our to be not good enough or from somewhere  thats not real. I dont know what you are told or read over there but  many studies and actual numbers are starting to all say the same.  If anyone  dares to say wait a minute  this looks odd. They  must be  a nutter or political.  I guess time will tell. I may be a nutter. 
    We all make our choices.  I just wish with hind sight we have full information before taking and giving our kids. We were all told take it to protect others.  So we did.
    Be honest. Your source is a video from social media where headlines of sudden death scroll by and someone is off to the side making smug faces. 
  • Options
    this is what bugs me. yes, people have been called nutters in the past. you know why? no sources. now but I haven't seen anyone call anyone names over the cardiac issue. AND only the "covid isn't real" shit and "the vaccine will alter your DNA" or whatever other crazy shit people say. 

I don't know how many times it has to be said. the cardiac issue is KNOWN. it's been widely reported. But it's also been widely reported that it is extremely rare, and the instance of cardiac issues due to covid far outweighs the issues with the vaccine. the data is out there. if you have different data suggesting it is widespread as you claim, show your work. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    It’s not surprising to hear that heart attacks are on the rise in recent years. We’ve known for some time that covid causes heart problems. From what I’ve read, the trend started in 2020, before the vaccine rollout in 2021. 

I did read that heart attacks trended upwards again in 2021, which may have had to do w/ the vaccine, or maybe it was a continuation of the trend from 2020, or maybe both? I also read that heart attack spikes coincided w/ covid surges such as omicron. 

If there are studies linking a higher rate of heart attacks w/ vaccination as compared to infection, I would be interested to read up on that. I didn’t come across any in my brief search. 

Bootlegger, I’m sorry about your father. 
  • Options
    Be honest. Your source is a video from social media where headlines of sudden death scroll by and someone is off to the side making smug faces. 
    Honest. I am.
    I dont  have any social. I do watch some you tube but just  peer reviewed  trials and Dr or consultant  reports.lm not a modern guy 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    I'm sorry, but I can't underestimate my intelligence anymore..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:

Do you even have one? 
    Exactly, 

You're just talking shit. 
    Top 30 Whatever GIFs  Find the best GIF on Gfycat
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    Honest. I am.
    I dont  have any social. I do watch some you tube but just  peer reviewed  trials and Dr or consultant  reports.lm not a modern guy 
    You are dangerous rob !!!

https://notrickszone.com/2023/01/03/german-ethics-council-chairwoman-investigation-of-corona-debacle-dangerous-to-democracy/
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,626
    edited January 2023
    Im just  a father  and a son.
    That makes me ask questions and worry.  And to be clear im concerned about mrna vaccines. Thats all folks 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    I am only dangerous  to myself fortunately 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,003
    I don't think this is true.

I think it's unrealistic that the media are in cahoots to the degree that if one found out it's all been a hoax, and proper scientific evidence was presented, that they would elect to suppress it at cost to their own credibility, the world's health and well-being, and frankly, at the expense of having an exclusive and enormous scoop.

If said doctors/experts' links yielded proper scientific evidence, or highly suggestive data, it would be nearly impossible to keep that quiet (amongst mainstream circles too - not just the 'unscared' web).

Next - on the nutter or political side, I see that as being more related to the unearned certainty with which people speak. "The virus is a hoax", "the vaccines are worse for you than the virus", "you just want to take away our freedom away with no proof that you need to", are lines which were pretty damn common, all embellished or spoken in absolutes. If people would just speak honestly and be like, "I just found this link. I looked through it, and here are the parts I disagree with. The person seems credible - any possible truths in here?" the response would be completely different than the "disregard your stupid mainstream data the sheep are trying to lie to you with" approaches that seem to be taken. The latter is completely void of any logic proving one way or another, and is simply a straw man attack. While I say this, I'll admit I've never seen this study 

On the 'acting with full information' side, the spread of a pandemic is a sure way to expedite medical advances. mRNA was seen as a massive and significant goal for vaccine styles. It had been studied and pursued for years, its use cases were contemplated (and I believe actually included the earlier SARS variant several years back), and the cost of doing nothing against the virus was seen as too great and perilous for all of humanity due to the dangerous combination of 'too transmissible' and 'too lethal'. 

In the interest of an unbiased journey to the truth (what ever that turns out to be), I recommend this published scientific journal on "Serious adverse events of special interest following mRNA COVID-19 vaccination in randomized trials in adults" (https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0264410X22010283?via=ihub). Note that it doesn't convince me, because in spite of the data showing that there exists a material difference in serious adverse effects (SAEs) proven linked to CoVID vaccines in a few studies - I question the statistical significance of the risk differences.

My question is for anyone with more statistical abilities than I do (shouldn't be hard): while the number of sample patients in an experiment needs to be high enough to produce a statistically significant observation, does the number of events being observed need to be high enough too? For example, the above study used ~65,000 patients to yield its results about SAEs, with a total aggregated quantity of 333 SAEs per 10,000, as opposed to 288 per 10,000 in the placebo group. That sounds significant, but when you look at the breakdown, you realize that any one Serious Adverse Effect was witnessed in this study typically once or twice (far from statistically significant, and error has huge influence on an incidence observed once or twice, compared to 45 times). The values on the left of this chart are the actual observed incidents, and I don't see enough data points to buy into the outcomes suggested.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    I dont think anyone suggested  a 'hoax'. 
    Time will be the  answer as it has been all along from dec2019 to today  lots has been learned and will continue to be. 

brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07