Options

Viruses / Vaccines 2

Comments

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,995
    I dont think anyone suggested  a 'hoax'. 
    Time will be the  answer as it has been all along from dec2019 to today  lots has been learned and will continue to be. 

Oh, plenty of people suggested a 'hoax'. Many who were skeptical of CoVID's impact used terms like 'hoax', 'infringement on freedom', 'promoting human guinea pigs', etc. What I'm saying is that these are expressions framed antagonistically, rather than in the interest of seeking the truth. Given the politicization of everything over the last decade, that kind of rhetoric is unlikely to sway minds.

Also, I'm not sure what you mean by "time will be the answer". You had a theory, you expressed it, and others asked about data to back up said theory. I just showed you a study with official Pfizer and Moderna data, and explained why I didn't think it presented a cogent argument about the risk of vaccines relative to the organic risk of living your life day-to-day (i.e. unvaccinated). Time won't be the answer - discussion and debate in the interest of truth-seeking will be. Time, in this polarized environment, will just lead to feet planted more deeply in the sand.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    I read your  link and its from nov 2020 trials,before the vaccine was rolled  out to millions. The study  looks to be of 10.000 unless i misunderstood which is a tiny tiny amount of people. I would  like to  see one dated now  with a much bigger group.  
    And of course time is important  because  the  more time
     The  more people have boosters and the  larger the  study group. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,627
    I read your  link and its from nov 2020 trials,before the vaccine was rolled  out to millions. The study  looks to be of 10.000 unless i misunderstood which is a tiny tiny amount of people. I would  like to  see one dated now  with a much bigger group.  
    And of course time is important  because  the  more time
     The  more people have boosters and the  larger the  study group. 
    Any thoughts about the uptick in heart attacks coinciding with the start of the pandemic in 2020 before the vaccine rollout? 
  • Options
    Yes covid
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,513
    edited January 2023
    You think i dont  get it. I understand  covid causes all manor of horrible after effects.  Im not some covid denier  which is assumed when anyone has questions . 
    Post edited by lastexitlondon on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,033
    You think i dont  get it. I understand  covid causes all manor of horrible after effects.  Im not some covid denier  which is assumed when anyone has questions . 
    incorrect. I have questions. everyone does. as ben said, it's all in how it's framed. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Your comments these last few days left me with the impression that you think the vaccine is more dangerous than covid itself. 

Maybe I misread them. 
  • Options
    We obviously  make our own decisions and mine have changed  since omicron/family infections and i dont agree with some things i did before ,ive evolved.  frame it as you  like. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    edited January 2023
    Your comments these last few days left me with the impression that you think the vaccine is more dangerous than covid itself. 

Maybe I misread them. 
    I dont  see where i wrote  that
     Thats an assumption. 
    Ive had 3 vaccines and decided i wont be having anymore wherever that takes me. I know many in uk are the  same  cant speak for usa or any other country  but here people are not queuing up for more
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    edited January 2023

Maybe I misread them. 
    I dont  see where i wrote  that
     Thats an assumption. 
    Ive had 3 vaccines and decided i wont be having anymore wherever that takes me. I know many in uk are the  same  cant speak for usa or any other country  but here people are not queuing up for more

You're taking your chances w/ the virus > the vaccine... I don't think I misunderstood your comments at all. 
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on
  • Options
    Well no because  if the vaccine  works  ive had 3? So im good no?
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Well no because  if the vaccine  works  ive had 3? So im good no?
    I don't know, what does your physician say? 
  • Options
    What?  Is that your  reply. 
    Ive had 3 vaccines why do i need more? They  work i understand that. Why do i need more 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    What?  Is that your  reply. 
    Ive had 3 vaccines why do i need more? They  work i understand that. Why do i need more 
    You're asking me? I'm not a doctor. 

I consult my doctor for that advice, not strangers on the internet. 
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    My dr actually told me as ive been  in contact  with  all my family for 10 days indoors whilst they had covid  i wouldn't  get it if i didnt then. I didn't  i dont  happen to believe  that. Do you?
    To add i tested everyday. So wasn't  asymptomatic. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    My dr actually told me as ive been  in contact  with  all my family for 10 days indoors whilst they had covid  i wouldn't  get it if i didnt then. I didn't  i dont  happen to believe  that. Do you?
    It makes sense to me, sure. There you go. 

After some of the concerts I went to a year ago, I'm hard pressed to think I wasn't exposed, but for the moment, my doctor thinks it's a good idea for me to stay vaxxed, so I'll be following his advice. 
  • Options
    it's the same idea as the flu shot. you get it annually. but the flu is generally seasonal, which is why you only need one a year. covid doesn't follow that same pattern. so you need to stay up to date on the most current strain(s) and immunity/protection wane. 

people saying "how many is enough? 10? 100?". this isn't the same as a vaccine for a disease that doesn't mutate, where you only need it once or twice in your life. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,725
    Its pointless because anyone who dares to question or feel for the families who lost someone to the vaccine is some kind of odd ball  with misinformation.  Any link or Dr thats put on here is made our to be not good enough or from somewhere  thats not real. I dont know what you are told or read over there but  many studies and actual numbers are starting to all say the same.  If anyone  dares to say wait a minute  this looks odd. They  must be  a nutter or political.  I guess time will tell. I may be a nutter. 
    We all make our choices.  I just wish with hind sight we have full information before taking and giving our kids. We were all told take it to protect others.  So we did.
    Be honest. Your source is a video from social media where headlines of sudden death scroll by and someone is off to the side making smug faces. 
    Honest. I am.
    I dont  have any social. I do watch some you tube but just  peer reviewed  trials and Dr or consultant  reports.lm not a modern guy 
    We can walk you through how to copy and paste those links in here if you’d like. 
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,995
    it's the same idea as the flu shot. you get it annually. but the flu is generally seasonal, which is why you only need one a year. covid doesn't follow that same pattern. so you need to stay up to date on the most current strain(s) and immunity/protection wane. 

people saying "how many is enough? 10? 100?". this isn't the same as a vaccine for a disease that doesn't mutate, where you only need it once or twice in your life. 
    That's exactly it. You don't hear people saying, "oh jeez, how many flu shots am I going to need in my life?" when each and every year, doctors recommend it.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    You  will never stay on top of covid mutations  they  are happening  far more frequently than flu. But  your immune system  does make t cells to any infection  or vaccine so there  will be some long term response.  I believe  the vaccines  are still working  and the  virus is becoming  more transmissible  but weaker than the  original. 
    Once you've  had any vaccine your body knows some of the proteins just  not all as it keeps mutating quite  fast for a virus.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    The adeno vaccines like flu if administered correctly i.e aspiration are proven over many years and there  are years and years  of people to study.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Its pointless because anyone who dares to question or feel for the families who lost someone to the vaccine is some kind of odd ball  with misinformation.  Any link or Dr thats put on here is made our to be not good enough or from somewhere  thats not real. I dont know what you are told or read over there but  many studies and actual numbers are starting to all say the same.  If anyone  dares to say wait a minute  this looks odd. They  must be  a nutter or political.  I guess time will tell. I may be a nutter. 
    We all make our choices.  I just wish with hind sight we have full information before taking and giving our kids. We were all told take it to protect others.  So we did.
    Be honest. Your source is a video from social media where headlines of sudden death scroll by and someone is off to the side making smug faces. 
    Honest. I am.
    I dont  have any social. I do watch some you tube but just  peer reviewed  trials and Dr or consultant  reports.lm not a modern guy 
    We can walk you through how to copy and paste those links in here if you’d like. 
    We. ?Go team
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    I think this "virus is becoming weaker" is a talking point that just doesn't bear out in the data (I believed the same for a while). 2022 saw more deaths than 2021 or 2020. Plus now we're learning more and more about long covid and how it affects not only those with a bad acute infection, but people with mild cases and even people who didn't know they had it. which is cause for real concern. I don't know the affects, if any, of the vaccines on long covid. And I don't think "they" do either, which is why many are still advocating for just not getting the virus in the first place. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited January 2023
    I think this "virus is becoming weaker" is a talking point that just doesn't bear out in the data (I believed the same for a while). 2022 saw more deaths than 2021 or 2020. Plus now we're learning more and more about long covid and how it affects not only those with a bad acute infection, but people with mild cases and even people who didn't know they had it. which is cause for real concern. I don't know the affects, if any, of the vaccines on long covid. And I don't think "they" do either, which is why many are still advocating for just not getting the virus in the first place. 
    Fair enough  we will  only know over time. I did read that a virus by nature  doesn't  care about  being potent its only desire is to survive and replicate  so it evolves but over time typically they weaken but move faster. How true that is . I dont know 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,284
    must say I am impressed by you. given your challenges related to health anxiety , for you to arrive here is astonishing to me.  good for you. very good for you.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    must say I am impressed by you. given your challenges related to health anxiety , for you to arrive here is astonishing to me.  good for you. very good for you.

Health anxiety  has nothing  to do with it. If anything  it makes me more  unlikely  to take any vaccine  and hide away. I took  3 and  it was very very  difficult  but i believe  at the time it was correct. The person asked what my dr said and thats what he said. I sat here thinking  today i will get it
     I did  not. But i still will no doubt
     But  just to believe what one dr says  goes to show  they are saying  different  things  to different  people.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Honest. I am.
    Where as everyone  else here seems to be able to just conversate and be sensible  you  seem to be a little condescending.  No need my friend.  No need
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,921
    Honest. I am.
    Where as everyone  else here seems to be able to just conversate and be sensible  you  seem to be a little condescending.  No need my friend.  No need
    Absolutely agreed. 
  • Options
    Im all good with friendly  debate  or opposite  opions.  But salty . No point
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Its more than that  though 
     The excess deaths that nobody is allowed to speak of on the internet.  Its more than your average risk 
     It really is. Every country  in the  world is now having cardiac arrests to a level  not seen pre mrna vaccine.  Its not just a theory or story
     These  are real peoples family  members.
    This is one of the comments that led me to believe you think the vaccine is more dangerous than the virus itself. 

It ignores that the uptick in cardiac arrests started in 2020 before the vaccine rollout and that heart attack spikes have coincided w/ covid surges. 

I'm also curious about the excess deaths that you say nobody is allowed to talk about. It's my understanding that excess deaths in 2020 were up as well, which also coincides with the start of the pandemic.