Options

Viruses / Vaccines 2

Comments

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,314
    mrussel1 said:
    42% of Americans are obese.  Says is right in the article. So that's kind of a health crisis.  You do a good job of finding the morons, I'll give you that.  

Try not to spam up this page too, please. 
    fat people are morons?
    I think he means the morons on Twitter
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,877
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    42% of Americans are obese.  Says is right in the article. So that's kind of a health crisis.  You do a good job of finding the morons, I'll give you that.  

fat people are morons?
    Correct.  Didn't realize that one was cryptic. 
  • Options
    My double vaccinated 7 year old just tested positive for covid. Little bit of a runny nose.

I'm still negative, so far. That makes 8 close contacts I've had in less than a month. Everyone in my family now positive, but positive tests weeks apart, so they didn't get it from each other.

What a weird ass virus.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,182
    What's hilarious is that BMI is so bloody restrictive and not really based in any reality. In high school, I was 185 pounds. 6 feet tall. a freaking rail. zero belly. according to BMI, that's overweight. I barely had an ounce of fat on me. it's ludicrous. if you aren't a marathon runner, you are considered fat. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    Yeah...it's pretty much over for most people. This little dip is seems to have created some complacency.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/cdc-masks-cdc-expected-update-mask-guidance-early-week-rcna16331

Vaccines worked against the original Covid and the Delta. Not so much now. 28% with the booster? I'd be more disappointed if it mattered. I don't regret getting my three shots but I'm not sure there's a point in getting more...is the chance of myocarditis higher than the chance the next vax helps? Probably not, but vaccines are no longer the solution we hoped. They probably helped flatten the curve and keep some symptoms less severe.

Now?  Now we're moving into "time to live with it." Masks are done.* Distancing is done. 

*Mandates, anyway. A few weirdos (myself included) will still wear them in some situations. But the bottom line is, we're caving to fatigue. And the truth (masks don't make a difference) is always convenient in America.
    Huh? The vaccine is very effective with Omicron as well. 
    it's just maddening to read this shit over and over and over. it's still highly effective against severe outcomes. but yes, you might get the sniffles! oh no! 
    I was sick for one day.  ONE.  The vaccine works.

I know other people not vaccinated that got sick recently as I did and were out for weeks.
    This... exactly.  And I hate being sick so I can't be more thankful for the vaccine.  No I didn't feel 100% but it was nothing.  My son was J&J vaxed (single, in the summer) and no booster.  He got the Cron and was sick for 4 days, two of them being pretty intense.  The vax and booster works, it helps.  
    Show me the research.
    I know you're joking but isn't the easy answer to show hospitalizations and deaths of vaxed and unvaxed??  

That should be the proof?
    We're almost to the two full year mark and will be entering into the third year of this nonsense soon. If you (general you) haven't figured it out by now with all of the information that is readily, publicly available, I don't know what to tell you (general you).
    Huh?  I was asking if the easy answer to "show me the research" was hospitalizations?  I don't know of other research that shows vaccinations work or don't that is easier to understand than that.
    Re-read what I posted. Hospitalization, deaths, ICU, long covid data, etc. is readily available in the public domain. If you’re (general you) are still questioning the efficacy of vaccines, boosters and the potential of masks/face coverings over nada, then I don’t know what to tell you (general you).
    I agreed with vaccinations and their efficacy so I have zero idea what you are talking about.  I agreed with it about 3 posts earlier to yours.

I do agree with what they are saying about the inefficiency of gators and cloth masks. So again, I don't know what you are saying?  A N95 works best is all I keep reading and hearing.

Third I was asking you(general you) if showing the non believers that hospital rates among the vaxxed and unvaxxed was the best proof which I believe is the best measuring stick to show people.

I am completely baffled at your angle towards me.  If I have shown anything against the science or the professionals please show me.  I made the point about the masks and what should be worn so I don't know what else you read or maybe you are confusing me w somebody else?
    Dude, you need to relax. The "general you" was/is directed toward those that are still questioning EVERYTHING despite 2 years, going on three, of this nonsense. And all the data one needs is readily available, including the deaths/hospitalization rates you pointed out. Even gaiters and cloth masks can have an impact, slightly/minimally/ a half percent? better than nothing. But here we are, still questioning the efficacy of face coverings (not you, me but others) Its the others my ire is aimed at. The lack of critical thinking skills, combined with social media, will be the death of Western Democracy.

"Show me the research" comment that I directed at mrussel is what some on here are still thinking, FFS.
    Sorry, You confuse me sometimes...  This was one of them...  

FFS indeed...
    What did you miss about "general you" versus "you?" I didn't imply "you." Regardless, no problemo, its not personal, no biggie. It happens. Would it help if I posted a tweet or a meme instead? Just kidding. /s or is it s/?

And my FFS is directed at the bold. And you don't fall into that category. Or do you?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    dignin said:
    My double vaccinated 7 year old just tested positive for covid. Little bit of a runny nose.

I'm still negative, so far. That makes 8 close contacts I've had in less than a month. Everyone in my family now positive, but positive tests weeks apart, so they didn't get it from each other.

What a weird ass virus.
    a family we are close to....3 kids, 2 adults. everyone had symptoms, except the dad. two of the kids tested negative multiple times. I'm starting to think these at home tests aren't that reliable. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:

fat people are morons?
    Correct.  Didn't realize that one was cryptic. 
    haha. reading back, it wasn't. reading comprehension. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    Yeah...it's pretty much over for most people. This little dip is seems to have created some complacency.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/cdc-masks-cdc-expected-update-mask-guidance-early-week-rcna16331

Vaccines worked against the original Covid and the Delta. Not so much now. 28% with the booster? I'd be more disappointed if it mattered. I don't regret getting my three shots but I'm not sure there's a point in getting more...is the chance of myocarditis higher than the chance the next vax helps? Probably not, but vaccines are no longer the solution we hoped. They probably helped flatten the curve and keep some symptoms less severe.

Now?  Now we're moving into "time to live with it." Masks are done.* Distancing is done. 

*Mandates, anyway. A few weirdos (myself included) will still wear them in some situations. But the bottom line is, we're caving to fatigue. And the truth (masks don't make a difference) is always convenient in America.
    it's just maddening to read this shit over and over and over. it's still highly effective against severe outcomes. but yes, you might get the sniffles! oh no! 

I know other people not vaccinated that got sick recently as I did and were out for weeks.
    This... exactly.  And I hate being sick so I can't be more thankful for the vaccine.  No I didn't feel 100% but it was nothing.  My son was J&J vaxed (single, in the summer) and no booster.  He got the Cron and was sick for 4 days, two of them being pretty intense.  The vax and booster works, it helps.  
    Show me the research.
    I know you're joking but isn't the easy answer to show hospitalizations and deaths of vaxed and unvaxed??  

We're almost to the two full year mark and will be entering into the third year of this nonsense soon. If you (general you) haven't figured it out by now with all of the information that is readily, publicly available, I don't know what to tell you (general you).
    Huh?  I was asking if the easy answer to "show me the research" was hospitalizations?  I don't know of other research that shows vaccinations work or don't that is easier to understand than that.
    Re-read what I posted. Hospitalization, deaths, ICU, long covid data, etc. is readily available in the public domain. If you’re (general you) are still questioning the efficacy of vaccines, boosters and the potential of masks/face coverings over nada, then I don’t know what to tell you (general you).
    I agreed with vaccinations and their efficacy so I have zero idea what you are talking about.  I agreed with it about 3 posts earlier to yours.

I do agree with what they are saying about the inefficiency of gators and cloth masks. So again, I don't know what you are saying?  A N95 works best is all I keep reading and hearing.

Third I was asking you(general you) if showing the non believers that hospital rates among the vaxxed and unvaxxed was the best proof which I believe is the best measuring stick to show people.

I am completely baffled at your angle towards me.  If I have shown anything against the science or the professionals please show me.  I made the point about the masks and what should be worn so I don't know what else you read or maybe you are confusing me w somebody else?
    Dude, you need to relax. The "general you" was/is directed toward those that are still questioning EVERYTHING despite 2 years, going on three, of this nonsense. And all the data one needs is readily available, including the deaths/hospitalization rates you pointed out. Even gaiters and cloth masks can have an impact, slightly/minimally/ a half percent? better than nothing. But here we are, still questioning the efficacy of face coverings (not you, me but others) Its the others my ire is aimed at. The lack of critical thinking skills, combined with social media, will be the death of Western Democracy.

"Show me the research" comment that I directed at mrussel is what some on here are still thinking, FFS.
    Sorry, You confuse me sometimes...  This was one of them...  

FFS indeed...
    What did you miss about "general you" versus "you?" I didn't imply "you." Regardless, no problemo, its not personal, no biggie. It happens. Would it help if I posted a tweet or a meme instead? Just kidding. /s or is it s/?

And my FFS is directed at the bold. And you don't fall into that category. Or do you?
    I took General you to mean me.  I've never seen anyone use the term General You before.  Honest.  If you would have said General Population Id have gotten the gest right away. 

Yeah the sarcastic text gets lost verrrry easy.

I knew FFS was a joke, that one I got!
  • Options
    Mine field 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    What's hilarious is that BMI is so bloody restrictive and not really based in any reality. In high school, I was 185 pounds. 6 feet tall. a freaking rail. zero belly. according to BMI, that's overweight. I barely had an ounce of fat on me. it's ludicrous. if you aren't a marathon runner, you are considered fat. 
    I agree the scale is too restrictive, but remember this was about obese, not overweight.  
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    dignin said:

What a weird ass virus.
    a family we are close to....3 kids, 2 adults. everyone had symptoms, except the dad. two of the kids tested negative multiple times. I'm starting to think these at home tests aren't that reliable. 
    They aren't that great for sure. User error is a big factor too. The instructions say to only test nose with our rapid tests but I read about a month ago that if you do throat then nose the accuracy goes from 60 some percent to over 80%

PCR testing hasn't been available to the regular public here in Alberta since December, so this is all we have.
  • Options
    No that's good now.  BMI says 6'0" tall and 220 I believe is correct.
  • Options
    I did it using the CDC's BMI calculator. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited February 2022
    I'm 6'1" and 216 and I feel like a fat fuck right now.  I was in Vegas and Phoenix for the Open last week and still feel disgusting.  

In short, I feel like a sexy Ben Affleck at the beach. 
  • Options
    I just went to the Diabetes Canada website and says the same thing. 185 and 6 feet is overweight. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    I'm 6'1" and 216 and I feel like a fat fuck right now.  I was in Vegas and Phoenix for the Open last week and still feel disgusting.  

In short, I feel like a sexy Ben Affleck at the beach. 
    according to BMI, you are a fat fuck. lol. according to mine, I should have been in Ghostbusters 1. 

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I just looked at that.  136-185 is healthy?  136 is healthy at 6'0"?!?  what the hell do you do?  Run marathons and eat nothing but kale?

My doctor has a chart and it says 220 is goof for 6'0".
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,405
    edited February 2022
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:

Show me the research.

I know it's confusing, but he's actually agreeing with you. 
    .  I don't speak Fax to well I guess.
    In order to speak it, you'd first have to change your name to "Tempo-ral Lobe N Groove to The Hits", then pledge your eternal hatred of POOTYTANGWHOUSE or whatever he calls him.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    I just looked at that.  136-185 is healthy?  136 is healthy at 6'0"?!?  what the hell do you do?  Run marathons and eat nothing but kale?

goof or good?
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:

Show me the research.

I know it's confusing, but he's actually agreeing with you. 
    .  I don't speak Fax to well I guess.
    In order to speak it, you'd first have to change your name to "Tempo-ral Lobe N Groove to The Hits", then pledge your eternal hatred of POOTYTANGWHOUSE or whatever he calls him.
    I Tawt I Taw a Puddy Tat Tweety Compilation - YouTube

Made me think of this, lol!
  • Options

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,357

As someone who is 5'11" and 170, adding 40 pounds would definitely make me feel fat so that 220 seems like a stretch not to be overweight. And while I may not eat only Kale or run at all, I don't eat meat.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    I always remember the "standard" as being 6' and 180 lbs., so 220 at 6' would definitely be heavy. Of course it all depends on muscle mass and fat content. Not all 220's are created equal.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    I always remember the "standard" as being 6' and 180 lbs., so 220 at 6' would definitely be heavy. Of course it all depends on muscle mass and fat content. Not all 220's are created equal.
    Yes.  When I've been about 190, I look emaciated.  200 is thin for me.  Legal weed in Virginia has caused some late night weight gain. 
  • Options
    Going into the pandemic I was weighing in at 219... WAY too heavy for 5'7". 

After 2 years of better eating habits and a ton of exercise I'm down to 170... I'm trying to get down to at least 164 before my 45th birthday in April, then i will have lost 25% of what I weighed 2 years ago... we'll see if I can reach 159 after that, which the BMI says I need to be to *not* be considered overweight. 

• Options
    Bmi is bollocks
    .it doesnt  allow for muscle  or boobs in  woman.  What if you are a tiny woman with  massive boobs(genetics not fat). In uk bmi is being  abolished  soon as its so very incorrect
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Bmi is bollocks
    .it doesnt  allow for muscle  or boobs in  woman.  What if you are a tiny woman with  massive boobs(genetics not fat). In uk bmi is being  abolished  soon as its so very incorrect
    It also doesn't account for giant schlongs, so this is very unfair and typical of the liberal media who generally have tiny peckers. 
  • Options
    True  i often wonder  if my wang tipped me over
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    edited February 2022
    True  i often wonder  if my wang tipped me over
    It's a curse, just like giant boobs on tiny women. 
  • Options
    Its a cross i will  gladly bare
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07