Options

Viruses / Vaccines 2

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,434
    By the way screw all those truckers! 

hey hey hey.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,168
    There’s zero comedy from
    what has transpired in this country since the beginning of pandemic! Over 900 thousand dead Americans is nothing to laugh about but you go ahead keep being you! 
    he's double vaxxed. he's literally laughing at himself. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,487
    mickeyrat said:

hey hey hey.
    No no not you & Speedy are excluded! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

hey hey hey.

not saying I agree with them, but like here,  unaware people were duped into actions because fuckheads manipulated their emotions.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,487
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

hey hey hey.

not saying I agree with them, but like here,  unaware people were duped into actions because fuckheads manipulated their emotions.
    Got it! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
  • Options
    People are done with this now.  The threat of death is waning every time someone you know gets sick and has a mild case and lives.  That's just here in NY.

In other states like Florida?  Forget it.
  • Options
    when you agree with jordan peterson.....yikes. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    (Presently looking at properties in Italy :wink: )
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    theesa one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxwUoZgxAIQ
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Is that the Captain of the Chicago Police?
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,846
    Yeah...it's pretty much over for most people. This little dip is seems to have created some complacency.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/cdc-masks-cdc-expected-update-mask-guidance-early-week-rcna16331

Vaccines worked against the original Covid and the Delta. Not so much now. 28% with the booster? I'd be more disappointed if it mattered. I don't regret getting my three shots but I'm not sure there's a point in getting more...is the chance of myocarditis higher than the chance the next vax helps? Probably not, but vaccines are no longer the solution we hoped. They probably helped flatten the curve and keep some symptoms less severe.

Now?  Now we're moving into "time to live with it." Masks are done.* Distancing is done. 

*Mandates, anyway. A few weirdos (myself included) will still wear them in some situations. But the bottom line is, we're caving to fatigue. And the truth (masks don't make a difference) is always convenient in America.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:
    Yeah...it's pretty much over for most people. This little dip is seems to have created some complacency.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/cdc-masks-cdc-expected-update-mask-guidance-early-week-rcna16331

Vaccines worked against the original Covid and the Delta. Not so much now. 28% with the booster? I'd be more disappointed if it mattered. I don't regret getting my three shots but I'm not sure there's a point in getting more...is the chance of myocarditis higher than the chance the next vax helps? Probably not, but vaccines are no longer the solution we hoped. They probably helped flatten the curve and keep some symptoms less severe.

Now?  Now we're moving into "time to live with it." Masks are done.* Distancing is done. 

*Mandates, anyway. A few weirdos (myself included) will still wear them in some situations. But the bottom line is, we're caving to fatigue. And the truth (masks don't make a difference) is always convenient in America.

Army is working on one that targets the virus differently. One that in theory might tackle most varients that come. In phase 2 trials I believe...

The othrs have started this process too.

• Options
    OnWis97 said:

A cloth mask doesn't make a difference, an N95 does.

Yes, we are all over it.  I got it a few weeks ago so I'm good.  If they come up w a better booster I'll get it.  If not then I'm done.
  • Options
    no. he's a misogynistic transphobe POS clinical psychologist that joe rogan has on occasionally. I actually thought he was dead/dying. But I guess he was really sick and got over it. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    dankind said:
    Ha the wife and I are working on getting Italian citizenship through her grandmother and are of course looking at properties as well.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,306
    no. he's a misogynistic transphobe POS clinical psychologist that joe rogan has on occasionally. I actually thought he was dead/dying. But I guess he was really sick and got over it. 
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/jordan-peterson-treatment-russia-1.5456939

Drug addict. I would normally have sympathy, but he wouldn't.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,601
    static111 said:
    dankind said:
    Ha the wife and I are working on getting Italian citizenship through her grandmother and are of course looking at properties as well.
    We're researching Italy as well as Portugal and Spain.
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,598
    Due to a temporary restraining order being granted for a lawsuit against mask mandates in Illinois schools, the school district my wife teaches in has gone mask optional. The high school has around 350 kids, she said about 10-20 students, and around half of the staff were wearing masks. She doesn't like it, but she said the stress of constantly telling the students to keep their masks on was worse than being in the school with unmasked students.  
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,357
    OnWis97 said:

Yes, we are all over it.  I got it a few weeks ago so I'm good.  If they come up w a better booster I'll get it.  If not then I'm done.
    Maybe don't exaggerate:

"Loosely woven cloth products provide the least protection, layered finely woven products offer more protection, well-fitting disposable surgical masks and KN95s offer even more protection, and well-fitting NIOSH-approved respirators (including N95s) offer the highest level of protection," the CDC states.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,877
    OnWis97 said:

I don't regret my booster for a second.  I got Covid a few weeks ago and it was nothing.  Just a little stuffy and feeling off.  Compared to everyone I know that was symptomatic, with or without vaccine (but no booster), I had it way, way easier.  They all were down for 5 days plus and had bad colds.  No regerts! 
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,306
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:

I don't regret my booster for a second.  I got Covid a few weeks ago and it was nothing.  Just a little stuffy and feeling off.  Compared to everyone I know that was symptomatic, with or without vaccine (but no booster), I had it way, way easier.  They all were down for 5 days plus and had bad colds.  No regerts! 
    Glad you cruised through.

I had another close contact on Monday with someone who tested positive yesterday. My 4th close contact in a month. So far my 3 doses have held up, but I feel like it's only a matter of time. I trust the vaccine will keep me from getting seriously ill.
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    OnWis97 said:

Maybe don't exaggerate:

"Loosely woven cloth products provide the least protection, layered finely woven products offer more protection, well-fitting disposable surgical masks and KN95s offer even more protection, and well-fitting NIOSH-approved respirators (including N95s) offer the highest level of protection," the CDC states.
    Exaggerate? What I wrote is what you quoted...?!?  Cloth masks provide the LEAST protection.

I don't understand how that's an exaggeration?
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    OnWis97 said:

Maybe don't exaggerate:

Exaggerate? What I wrote is what you quoted...?!?  Cloth masks provide the LEAST protection.

saying "least protection" and "doesn't make a difference" are not the same things. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    tbergs said:
    OnWis97 said:

Maybe don't exaggerate:

saying "least protection" and "doesn't make a difference" are not the same things. 
    I know I have heard a single cloth mask or gator doesn't do much to anything, that is exactly how I take it.

I should have been clearer.  Single cloth masks.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,357
    tbergs said:
    OnWis97 said:

Maybe don't exaggerate:

I know I have heard a single cloth mask or gator doesn't do much to anything, that is exactly how I take it.

It may seem dumb to you, but the wording you are using is not accurate at all and why masking has been such a polarizing topic. I agree, neck gators are pretty worthless, but they are still better than nothing at all so even then "doesn't make a difference" isn't accurate. And for the record, people using or calling a neck gator a mask are probably part of the problem. We never allowed those at my work because they are not a mask. The problem isn't the masking, the problem is people trying to get by with wearing the most minimal item they can find and then no one calling them out on it so it became a norm among a certain population.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    tbergs said:
    OnWis97 said:

Maybe don't exaggerate:

It may seem dumb to you, but the wording you are using is not accurate at all and why masking has been such a polarizing topic. I agree, neck gators are pretty worthless, but they are still better than nothing at all so even then "doesn't make a difference" isn't accurate. And for the record, people using or calling a neck gator a mask are probably part of the problem. We never allowed those at my work because they are not a mask. The problem isn't the masking, the problem is people trying to get by with wearing the most minimal item they can find and then no one calling them out on it so it became a norm among a certain population.
    Have you ever seen anyone walk around with the clear face shields w no masks?  That one is my favorite.

When the doctors are asking you to wear a surgeons mask w a double cloth mask that tells you how well they are.  The singles and gators?  They don't mention those as being used anymore as effective for a reason, they most likely don't do any good.

I'm sure they'll be a study about all of them soon and yes, my wording should be better.  I have it in my head but don't always convey it.
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    tbergs said:
    OnWis97 said:

Maybe don't exaggerate:

Have you ever seen anyone walk around with the clear face shields w no masks?  That one is my favorite.

When the doctors are asking you to wear a surgeons mask w a double cloth mask that tells you how well they are.  The singles and gators?  They don't mention those as being used anymore as effective for a reason, they most likely don't do any good.

I'm sure they'll be a study about all of them soon and yes, my wording should be better.  I have it in my head but don't always convey it.
    it's because, while the surgeon's mask has better protection than a cloth mask in the front, it tends to bend and open at the sides, depending on the shape of the person's face. the cloth mask on top keeps the surgeon's mask closed at the sides so you have full protection. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    tbergs said:
    tbergs said:
    OnWis97 said:

Maybe don't exaggerate:

it's because, while the surgeon's mask has better protection than a cloth mask in the front, it tends to bend and open at the sides, depending on the shape of the person's face. the cloth mask on top keeps the surgeon's mask closed at the sides so you have full protection. 
    I'll argue if it's full protection or not.  They are still telling you to get the best mask you can handle. The N95's are good but if you aren't wearing it properly it doesn't really matter anyways.

• Options
    tbergs said:
    tbergs said:
    OnWis97 said:

Maybe don't exaggerate:

I'll argue if it's full protection or not.  They are still telling you to get the best mask you can handle. The N95's are good but if you aren't wearing it properly it doesn't really matter anyways.

sorry, you're right, I shouldn't have said "full protection". nothing is full protection unless you are in a hazmat suit. I just meant the best of both masks together. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com