Viruses / Vaccines 2

Comments

• dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    edited February 2022
    damn paywall. oh well. great to hear. 
    Don't tell on me.

"As people across the world grapple with the prospect of living with the coronavirus for the foreseeable future, one question looms large: How soon before they need yet another shot?

Not for many months, and perhaps not for years, according to a flurry of new studies.

Three doses of a Covid vaccine — or even just two — are enough to protect most people from serious illness and death for a long time, the studies suggest.

“We’re starting to see now diminishing returns on the number of additional doses,” said John Wherry, director of the Institute for immunology at the University of Pennsylvania. Although people over 65 or at high risk of illness may benefit from a fourth vaccine dose, it may be unnecessary for most people, he added.

Federal health officials have said they are not planning to recommend fourth doses anytime soon.

The Omicron variant can dodge antibodies — immune molecules that prevent the virus from infecting cells — produced after two doses of a Covid vaccine. But a third shot of the mRNA vaccines made by Pfizer-BioNTech or by Moderna prompts the body to make a much wider variety of antibodies, which would be difficult for any variant of the virus to evade, according to the most recent study, posted online on Tuesday.

The diverse repertoire of antibodies produced should be able to protect people from new variants, even those that differ significantly from the original version of the virus, the study suggests.

“If people are exposed to another variant like Omicron, they now got some extra ammunition to fight it,” said Dr. Julie McElrath, an infectious disease physician and immunologist at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Seattle.

What’s more, other parts of the immune system can remember and destroy the virus over many months if not years, according to at least four studies published in top-tier journals over the past month.

Specialized immune cells called T cells produced after immunization by four brands of Covid vaccine — Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson and Novavax — are about 80 percent as powerful against Omicron as other variants, the research found. Given how different Omicron’s mutations are from previous variants, it’s very likely that T cells would mount a similarly robust attack on any future variant as well, researchers said.

This matches what scientists have found for the SARS coronavirus, which killed nearly 800 people in a 2003 epidemic in Asia. In people exposed to that virus, T cells have lasted more than 17 years. Evidence so far indicates that the immune cells for the new coronavirus — sometimes called memory cells — may also decline very slowly, experts said.

“Memory responses can last for ages,” said Wendy Burgers, an immunologist at the University of Cape Town who led one of the studies, published in the journal Nature. “Potentially, the T-cell response is extremely long lived.”

Throughout the pandemic, a disproportionate amount of research attention has gone to antibodies, the body’s first line of defense against a virus. That’s partly because these molecules are relatively easy to study: They can be measured from a drop of blood.

Analyzing immune cells, by contrast, requires milliliters of blood, skill, specialized equipment — and a lot of time. “It’s orders of magnitude slower and more laborious,” Dr. Burgers said.

Few labs have the wherewithal to study these cells, and their findings lag weeks behind those on antibodies. Perhaps as a result, scientists have frequently overlooked the importance of other parts of the immune system, experts said.

“Most people don’t even know what they are — a lot of doctors and scientists are not completely clear what a T cell is,” said Dr. Dan Barouch, a virologist at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston who led one of the T-cell studies.

Researchers found that all four vaccines studied — Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson and Novavax — produce T cells that retain much of their potency against the Omicron variant.

“Fundamentally, I would argue that T cells are probably more important than what many people have given them credit for,” Dr. Barouch said.

Antibodies spike after every shot of vaccine — or after each exposure to the virus — and inevitably decline within a few weeks to months.

Waning antibody levels after two vaccine doses prompted federal officials to recommend boosters for everyone older than 12. The extra shots fortified antibody levels and helped to contain Omicron’s spread, but they too appear to lose some of their ability to prevent infections within four months, according to recent data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Antibodies recognize two or three key parts of the spike protein, a protrusion on the outside of the coronavirus that allows it to latch on to human cells. But T cells detect many more parts of the spike, and so are less likely to fail when the virus gains mutations in some of them.

Vaccines also encode a memory of the virus in B cells, which can churn out fresh batches of antibodies within four or five days after a new exposure to the virus.

This dual punch of T and B cells help explain why many people who received two or even three doses of vaccine could still be infected with the Omicron variant, but only a small percentage became seriously ill.

Booster shots. A flurry of new studies suggests three doses of a Covid vaccine — or even just two — can provide long-term protection from serious illness and death. The studies come as U.S. health officials have said that they are unlikely to recommend a fourth dose before the fall.

“You will see a decrease of the antibody levels over time, but if memory B cells are still there, and memory T cells are still there, they can kick back into action relatively quickly,” said Alessandro Sette, an immunologist at the La Jolla Institute for Immunology who led a new study of T cells published in Cell.

Memory B cells become increasingly sophisticated over time, and they learn to recognize a diverse set of viral genetic sequences. The longer they have to practice, the broader the range of virus variants they can thwart.

Researchers showed last year that the elite school inside of lymph nodes where the B cells train, called the germinal center, remains active for at least 15 weeks after the second dose of a Covid vaccine. In an updated study published in the journal Nature, the same team showed that six months after vaccination, memory B cells continue to mature, and the antibodies they produce keep gaining the ability to recognize new variants.

“Those antibodies at six months are better binders and more potent neutralizers than the ones that are produced one month after immunization,” said Ali Ellebedy, an immunologist at Washington University in St. Louis who led the study.

In the newest study, another team showed that a third shot creates an even richer pool of B cells than the second shot did, and the antibodies they produce recognize a broader range of variants. In laboratory experiments, these antibodies were able to fend off the Beta, Delta and Omicron variants. In fact, more than half of the antibodies seen one month after a third dose were able to neutralize Omicron, even though the vaccine was not designed for that variant, the study found.

“If you’ve had a third dose, you’re going to have a rapid response that’s going to have quite a bit of specificity for Omicron, which explains why people that have had a third dose do so much better,” said Michel Nussenzweig, an immunologist at Rockefeller University who led the study.

Memory cells produced after infection with the coronavirus, rather than by the vaccines, seem less potent against the Omicron variant, according to a study published last month in Nature Medicine. Immunity generated by infection “varies quite a lot, while the vaccine response is much more consistently good,” said Marcus Buggert, an immunologist at the Karolinska Institute in Sweden who led the study.

Although most people, vaccinated or not, show only a small drop in their T cell response against Omicron, about one in five had “significant reductions of their responses” of about 60 percent, Dr. Buggert said. The differences are most likely because of their underlying genetic makeup, he said.

Still, the recent studies suggest that in most people, the immunity gained from infection or vaccination will hold up for a long while. Even if mutations in new variants change some of the viral regions that T cells recognize, there would still be enough others to maintain a reasonably strong immune response, experts said.

One big unknown is how slowly the T cells may decline, and whether two doses of vaccine can create a long-lasting response, or if instead people would need three — as some experts have suggested — to cement immune memory.

“That’s a question that we don’t know the answer to yet,” Dr. Burgers said. “Those are the kind of studies that we’re going to need to do.”

Post edited by dignin on
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,553
    fantastic dignin. thanks. that's amazing news. I wonder what all the "the booster shot doesn't last very long" reports were about the last few months though. based on data? suspicion? educated guess?
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• jwhjr17jwhjr17 Posts: 1,991
    fantastic dignin. thanks. that's amazing news. I wonder what all the "the booster shot doesn't last very long" reports were about the last few months though. based on data? suspicion? educated guess?
    They'll be back tomorrow I'm sure
    1998-06-30 Mpls | 2006-07-06 Las Vegas | 2010-05-03 Kansas City | 2011-07-01 St. Louis EV | 2011-07-02 Mpls EV | 2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20 | 2011-09-17 Winnipeg | 2012-09-30 Missoula | 2012-11-18 Tulsa EV | 2013-07-19 Chicago | 2013-11-15 Dallas
    2013-11-16 OKC | 2014-10-09 Lincoln | 2014-10-17 Moline | 2014-10-19 St. Paul | 2014-10-20 Milwaukee | 2016-08-20 Chicago
    2016-08-22 Chicago | 2018-08-18 Chicago | 2018-08-20 Chicago | 2022-05-09 Phoenix | 2022-05-20 Las Vegas | 2022-09-18 St. Louis 
    2022-09-20 OKC | 2023-08-31 St. Paul | 2023-09-02 St. Paul | 2024-05-16 Las Vegas | 2024-05-18 Las Vegas | 2024-08-31 Chicago
    jwhjr17 said:
    huh?

www.headstonesband.com

• Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,962

My take was that the claims of not lasting long were just based on antibodies dropping off. I think it was another whiff in the messaging and media response about the vaccine. The headline would say something about effectiveness dropping off, but then the article would talk in more detail about the drop off in effectiveness with getting sick initially, which has more to do with antibodies, but that they were still effective against serious illness and death, which has more to do with memory t and b cells. Those would kick in within a few days for vaccinated people, and the issue with the unvaccinated is that it takes significantly longer for the t and b cells to get involved, and at that point Covids has already taken a strong hold in the body.

My take was that the claims of not lasting long were just based on antibodies dropping off. I think it was another whiff in the messaging and media response about the vaccine. The headline would say something about effectiveness dropping off, but then the article would talk in more detail about the drop off in effectiveness with getting sick initially, which has more to do with antibodies, but that they were still effective against serious illness and death, which has more to do with memory t and b cells. Those would kick in within a few days for vaccinated people, and the issue with the unvaccinated is that it takes significantly longer for the t and b cells to get involved, and at that point Covids has already taken a strong hold in the body.
    excellent. thanks!

www.headstonesband.com

• AW124797AW124797 Posts: 665
    Based on ineffectiveness.
    jwhjr17 said:
    huh?
    The booster shot doesn't last reports.  Every other day there's a "new" finding and I've stopped listening at this point.  I've got all my shots and trust that they'll protect me better than none at all.  I've somehow still dodged ever having Covid to my knowledge, but if/when I do get it I trust that it will be milder than if I had no shots at all.
    1998-06-30 Mpls | 2006-07-06 Las Vegas | 2010-05-03 Kansas City | 2011-07-01 St. Louis EV | 2011-07-02 Mpls EV | 2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20 | 2011-09-17 Winnipeg | 2012-09-30 Missoula | 2012-11-18 Tulsa EV | 2013-07-19 Chicago | 2013-11-15 Dallas
    2013-11-16 OKC | 2014-10-09 Lincoln | 2014-10-17 Moline | 2014-10-19 St. Paul | 2014-10-20 Milwaukee | 2016-08-20 Chicago
    2016-08-22 Chicago | 2018-08-18 Chicago | 2018-08-20 Chicago | 2022-05-09 Phoenix | 2022-05-20 Las Vegas | 2022-09-18 St. Louis 
    2022-09-20 OKC | 2023-08-31 St. Paul | 2023-09-02 St. Paul | 2024-05-16 Las Vegas | 2024-05-18 Las Vegas | 2024-08-31 Chicago
    sorry, I'm still confused by "the booster shot doesn't last reports". either way, that's literally how science works. new findings every day. The fact that it's leaning this way is promising. if the data shows this is correct, I believe it. what possible motive could there be for this to be false? to convince people not to get another shot? that would be quite the pivot in public health policy if it weren't true. 

www.headstonesband.com

• Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    sorry, I'm still confused by "the booster shot doesn't last reports". either way, that's literally how science works. new findings every day. The fact that it's leaning this way is promising. if the data shows this is correct, I believe it. what possible motive could there be for this to be false? to convince people not to get another shot? that would be quite the pivot in public health policy if it weren't true. 
    Still missing my point but that's ok.  Have a great day
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,864
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,269
    edited February 2022
    Guess he really owned Governor Inslee and the libs? Maybe he can be a guest on Rogan's show? Oh, yea, wait a minute.

/www.msn.com/en-us/money/news/preventable-tragedy-fox-news-silent-after-guest-dies-of-covid

Bad link. 

Was that the WA State Trooper who died from COVID, that Laura Ingraham praised as a celebrity for his anti-vaxx position back in October? 
    Yup. As someone said, it’s a death cult at this point. Deaths are at their highest level since before vaccines were readily available. I don’t think I need to tell you who the overwhelming majority of those deaths represent. Sad. But honk your horn.
    It's even more fun when taking into account the fact that Fox News has a vaccine mandate for its employees. 
    A little behind on this thread I know. But I just googled this to see if it’s true. It’s true, sort of. It’s a city mandate that Fox is forced to follow. So it’s not up to fox and they aren’t requiring any vaccines, the mayor is. Fix just happens to be in a city that requires it.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/20/business/fox-vaccine-mandate.html

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    mace1229 said:
    Guess he really owned Governor Inslee and the libs? Maybe he can be a guest on Rogan's show? Oh, yea, wait a minute.

/www.msn.com/en-us/money/news/preventable-tragedy-fox-news-silent-after-guest-dies-of-covid

Bad link. 

Was that the WA State Trooper who died from COVID, that Laura Ingraham praised as a celebrity for his anti-vaxx position back in October? 
    Yup. As someone said, it’s a death cult at this point. Deaths are at their highest level since before vaccines were readily available. I don’t think I need to tell you who the overwhelming majority of those deaths represent. Sad. But honk your horn.
    It's even more fun when taking into account the fact that Fox News has a vaccine mandate for its employees. 
    A little behind on this thread I know. But I just googled this to see if it’s true. It’s true, sort of. It’s a city mandate that Fox is forced to follow. So it’s not up to fox and they aren’t requiring any vaccines, the mayor is. Fix just happens to be in a city that requires it.

I think everyone knows they are located in NYC and that NYC has a vaccine mandate. I believe I have read Fox has imposed stricter guidelines on it's employees than what they are required to do. 

But the hypocrisy comes into play when all their hosts are on tv encouraging folks to "not comply" when, in fact, they all willingly complied without hesitation. 
    www.myspace.com
    edited February 2022
    mace1229 said:

Bad link. 

I think everyone knows they are located in NYC and that NYC has a vaccine mandate. I believe I have read Fox has imposed stricter guidelines on it's employees than what they are required to do. 

But the hypocrisy comes into play when all their hosts are on tv encouraging folks to "not comply" when, in fact, they all willingly complied without hesitation. 

This comment wasn’t the first time I heard someone say “o my gosh, fox requires a vaccine, what hypocrites!” When that simply isn’t true. Fox doesn’t require anything. The city does. I’m just sharing the facts on common misinformation I see.
    And I’ve never heard anyone say don’t comply. I’ve heard many times several different people say something along the lines of “it should be your choice. I’m vaccinated and i recommend the vaccine. But you should be free to not be forced into getting a jab and it should be your right to protest it without fear of getting your property or funds seized.” I don’t watch a ton of fox, so maybe there are some who are saying don’t comply, but I haven’t seen it.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

Bad link. 

This comment wasn’t the first time I heard someone say “o my gosh, fox requires a vaccine, what hypocrites!” When that simply isn’t true. Fox doesn’t require anything. The city does. I’m just sharing the facts on common misinformation I see.
    And I’ve never heard anyone say don’t comply. I’ve heard many times several different people say something along the lines of “it should be your choice. I’m vaccinated and i recommend the vaccine. But you should be free to not be forced into getting a jab and it should be your right to protest it without fear of getting your property or funds seized.” I don’t watch a ton of fox, so maybe there are some who are saying don’t comply, but I haven’t seen it.
    Do you take us for idiots? “Faux doesn’t require anything?” Dude, where do you get your information? “Just sharing facts?” 

Weren’t you the one comparing the AMT to Faceturd?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    edited February 2022
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

Bad link. 

Do you take us for idiots? “Faux doesn’t require anything?” Dude, where do you get your information? “Just sharing facts?” 

Fox doesn’t require the vaccine, the city made the mandate. Sorry, but that is a fact.
    Fox chose to enforce it because they were threatened with fines if they didn’t, but that isnt the same as them requiring it themselves.
    The headline of “Fox News requiring vaccine Mandate on its Employees” is misleading, implying it was fox’s decision. It wasn’t.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,396
    edited February 2022
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

Bad link. 

Fox doesn’t require the vaccine, the city made the mandate. Sorry, but that is a fact.
    Fox chose to enforce it because they were threatened with fines if they didn’t, but that isnt the same as them requiring it themselves.
    The headline of “Fox News requiring vaccine Mandate on its Employees” is misleading, implying it was fox’s decision. It wasn’t.
    Faux news required vaccination or be tested daily. You said Faux news “didn’t require anything.” That’s a fact.

Did NYC “require” daily testing for unvaccinated employees or for those who chose to not disclose their vaccination status?
    Post edited by Halifax2TheMax on
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Brilliantati©
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

Bad link. 

Faux news required vaccination or be tested daily. You said Faux news “didn’t require anything.” That’s a fact.
    We were taking about the vaccine. Clearly that’s what I meant. Obviously they have requirements to work there. I’m sure they have an age requirement, require legal working status, submit ssn of tax purposes, etc. I didn’t realize I needed to explain the obvious. but we were talking about the vaccine. Fox doesn’t require the vaccine. The city does.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,404
    edited February 2022
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

Bad link. 

We were taking about the vaccine. Clearly that’s what I meant. Obviously they have requirements to work there. I’m sure they have an age requirement, require legal working status, submit ssn of tax purposes, etc. I didn’t realize I needed to explain the obvious. but we were talking about the vaccine. Fox doesn’t require the vaccine. The city does.
    Mmmm... are you sure about that?  I don't recall ever hearing that the city had a vaccine requirement for private businesses that don't have face to face customer contact (like restaurants and bars).  And that requirement was for patrons I believe.  What you posted has a firewall, so I couldn't read it.  

Edit - I'm 99% sure that's not right.  I was in the City last summer at our private equity office and there was no vaccine requirement to be in the building, but a mask requirement.  However one guy that was with us was not vaccinated and didn't attend dinner.  
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

Bad link. 

Perhaps you can link us to the faux news explanation of how the big bad mean oppressive liberal nyc, state or federal government bent them to their evil will? You indeed said, “Faux didn’t require anything,” did you not? And then you claimed it as “fact.”

Brilliantati©
    I'll just settle this debate now.  There is no requirement for vaccine for a business like Fox.  

https://www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/covid/covid-19-vaccines-keytonyc.page

People 5 and older participating in the below public indoor activities are now required to show proof they have received two vaccine doses, except for those who have received the one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.

• Indoor dining
      • Includes restaurants, catering halls, hotel banquet rooms, bars, nightclubs, cafeterias, coffee shops, fast food restaurants, grocery stores with indoor dining and other indoor dining spaces
    • Indoor fitness
      • Includes gyms, fitness centers, fitness classes, pools, dance studios and other indoor fitness studios, such as yoga or Pilates
    • Indoor entertainment and certain meeting spaces
      • Includes movie theaters, music and concert venues, museums, aquariums and zoos, professional sports arenas, indoor stadiums, convention centers, exhibition halls, hotel meeting and event spaces, performing arts theaters, bowling alleys, arcades, pool and billiard halls, recreational game centers, adult entertainment and indoor play areas
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

Bad link. 

Mmmm... are you sure about that?  I don't recall ever hearing that the city had a vaccine requirement for private businesses that don't have face to face customer contact (like restaurants and bars).  And that requirement was for patrons I believe.  What you posted has a firewall, so I couldn't read it.  

Edit - I'm 99% sure that's not right.  I was in the City last summer at our private equity office and there was no vaccine requirement to be in the building, but a mask requirement.  However one guy that was with us was not vaccinated and didn't attend dinner.  
    That’s kind of funny, NY Times was the second search result when I searched “does fox require vaccine.” I clicked it think there would be a paywal, but it never popped up for me. Hope I didn’t accidentally subscribe at some point.
    Heres the first few paragraphs:

Fox Corporation, the owner of Fox News, told employees on Friday that those working in New York City would have to show proof they’d had at least one dose of the Covid vaccine by Dec. 27, removing the option to get tested weekly instead.

The new policy was in keeping with New York City’s vaccine rule, which Mayor Bill de Blasio announced in early December and which is more stringent than a contested Biden administration rule requiring vaccine mandates or weekly testing at larger employers.

The New York City mandate, which requires on-site workers at all businesses to be vaccinated, is the country’s most sweeping local vaccine mandate and affects some 184,000 businesses.

“Our policy reflects the guidelines of the mandate,” a spokesman for Fox Corporation said in an email on Monday. More than 90 percent of Fox’s employees are vaccinated, the company said.

Ok.  I was there in the summer and this was December.  The link inside is paywall too.
  • mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

Bad link. 

That’s kind of funny, NY Times was the second search result when I searched “does fox require vaccine.” I clicked it think there would be a paywal, but it never popped up for me. Hope I didn’t accidentally subscribe at some point.

Fox Corporation, the owner of Fox News, told employees on Friday that those working in New York City would have to show proof they’d had at least one dose of the Covid vaccine by Dec. 27, removing the option to get tested weekly instead.

The new policy was in keeping with New York City’s vaccine rule, which Mayor Bill de Blasio announced in early December and which is more stringent than a contested Biden administration rule requiring vaccine mandates or weekly testing at larger employers.

The New York City mandate, which requires on-site workers at all businesses to be vaccinated, is the country’s most sweeping local vaccine mandate and affects some 184,000 businesses.

“Our policy reflects the guidelines of the mandate,” a spokesman for Fox Corporation said in an email on Monday. More than 90 percent of Fox’s employees are vaccinated, the company said.

Perhaps you can explain the “facts” that faux news requiring vaccination for its employees was reported on in July 2021 for a policy put into effect in June 2021 and NYC’s mandate took effect on December 27, 2021? Do you still stand by, “Faux doesn’t require ‘anything’?”

Brilliantati©
  • Funnier still is that Faux created a “vaccine passport,” which gave certain employees more freedumbs than other certain employees, in effect creating two classes of employees but hey, “faux didn’t require anything.” Knee slapper, that.

Brilliantati©
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

Bad link. 

Perhaps you can explain the “facts” that faux news requiring vaccination for its employees was reported on in July 2021 for a policy put into effect in June 2021 and NYC’s mandate took effect on December 27, 2021? Do you still stand by, “Faux doesn’t require ‘anything’?”
    If that is the case then I would be wrong. But according to the NYT article that wasn’t the case.

And a quick google search that doesn’t appear to be true. They had a voluntary vaccination reporting to help with spacing, contract tracing looser health requirements for those vaccinated. That is not a mandate. Far from it actually. All voluntary, not required. And allowed you to bypass Heath screenings if you opted into it. Not a big deal. Definitely not a vaccine mandate.
    According to this CNN article.
    https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/07/19/media/fox-vaccine-passport/index.html

Is there other sources that suggest there was a required vaccine? I haven’t seen one.
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,396
    edited February 2022
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

Bad link. 

If that is the case then I would be wrong. But according to the NYT article that wasn’t the case.

And a quick google search that doesn’t appear to be true. They had a voluntary vaccination reporting to help with spacing, contract tracing looser health requirements for those vaccinated. That is not a mandate. Far from it actually. All voluntary, not required. And allowed you to bypass Heath screenings if you opted into it. Not a big deal. Definitely not a vaccine mandate.

Is there other sources that suggest there was a required vaccine? I haven’t seen one.
    Still standing by “faux didn’t require anything?” That you represented as “fact”?

Brilliantati©
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

Bad link. 

Still standing by “faux didn’t require anything?” That you represented as “fact”?
    As far as a vaccine, absolutely. Are you still standing by your statement of they’ve required the vaccine since July?