Options

Viruses / Vaccines 2

Comments

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    mfc2006 said:
    Got my PCR today after my wife tested positive on Monday (I was negative). She's feeling much better, which is great. I still feel pretty crappy, but better than yesterday. I have a feeling my results will say positive, which means another week at home, which is fine. We are both vaxxed & boosted, wear masks, wash hands, etc. Somehow, it entered our home. I should get my results back by tomorrow. Be well, everyone and have a great weekend.
    good luck Matt. relax and spin some records! 
    Thanks--I'm planning on it! 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,384
    JB16057 said:
    benjs said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    https://fox59.com/news/national-world/nurse-who-refused-vaccine-for-herself-and-her-kids-contracts-covid-for-a-second-time/?fbclid=IwAR0uDd7BbDhBGs6mPz8LGwjV_x9MqapipalstnGMgcgGkI23frWqVJAFxAE

When asked if Camile had any regrets about not getting the vaccine after getting COVID twice and working with cancer patients, she said, “No. If I had omicron, as they say, I’m protected against Delta and COVID.”

moron

"The report finally acknowledges what many have suspected for a long time — that surviving COVID-19 provides excellent natural immunity not only repeat infection but also to hospitalization and death for the delta variant of COVID-19.  "

Key word, "surviving." Too bad it didn't work for 890,000 'Muricans. Should have just rode herd.
    Natural immunity provided better protection than vaccines for the Delta variant. Some didn't get the chance to get the vaccine before getting sick. If someone has had covid twice, I would be willing to bet their immunity is better than many of the people that are only vaccinated.
    I sure wish I could catch this disease with a strong chance of life-long ramifications (including death) so that I'm less likely to catch this disease with a strong chance of life-long ramifications (including death) in the future.

Because that makes sense.

A majority of people will not have life long ramifications nor will they die. You are speaking about a minority and acting like it is the majority.

I never said we shouldn't be taking the vaccine and only relying on natural immunity. Here is the question where the issue started, why should someone who has been infected twice with Covid take the vaccine? Their natural immunity surpasses what the vaccine can do for them IMO. We won't know the real facts behind all of this for years to come when every detail can be examined. I don't believe calling someone a moron is fair when they haven't taken the vaccine and have had Covid twice. That's where this started.

How about I make things easier for everyone? Good bye

You say it in the very next sentence, we don't know whether your opinion on the natural immunity from having the virus is greater than with the vaccine.

As for the story you reference, whoever called her a moron, I'm going to guess did so not just because she didn't get vaccinated, but because he also works in an oncology ward in a hospital treating (and later infecting) some of the most medically vulnerable folks in the population. 
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,740
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Teh quote feature is not working properly.  

What I'm saying is that politicians bloviate and use hyperbole.  No published paper from the CDC or any of the manufacturers ever said the vaccine was 100% effective in preventing illness in adults.  Never was that published.  The people here get our information from the sources, not by watching politicians, CNN, Fox News, etc.  This is why everyone jumped on you when you said we were told they were 100%.  Because well before Biden ever went off the reservation, we all knew from earlier testing that it was never 100%.  At best, it was in the low 90s.  The numbers that were quoted above are the numbers all of us here have used and repeated for the last 10 plus months. 

But again, we keep going round and round and round week after week on the same points.  So the question is.. WTF IS YOUR POINT?  Are you trying to argue that vaccines are completely ineffective?  Are you arguing that they are less effective now agains Omicron than Delta and before?  Are you arguing that if something isn't 100% it might as well be 0%?  What is your point this late in the pandemic?
    I was asked to prove where I saw the vaccines worked 100%. I provided proof showing what Biden said which proves what I said. The only point I am trying to make was that someone did tell us they vaccines were 100% effective. Biden is as much an official source as any other.
    Biden’s an official source if you make him one. He doesn’t have experience in science. 
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Everyone here should disclose if they hold shares in big pharma..Lol.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Everyone here should disclose if they hold shares in big pharma..Lol.  

Pre-Covid, Moderna was little pharma. Lots of Love.
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,241
    The CDC is reporting the unvaccinated are 20 times more likely to die or be hospitalized from Covid.

JB had the guts to come on here and take a lot of comments, but I dont recall seeing that one addressed directly. Too bad.
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,241
     Among COVID-19–like illness hospitalizations among adults aged ≥18 years whose previous infection or vaccination occurred 90–179 days earlier, the adjusted odds of laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 among unvaccinated adults with previous SARS-CoV-2 infection were 5.49-fold higher than the odds among fully vaccinated recipients of an mRNA COVID-19 vaccine who had no previous documented infection (95% confidence interval = 2.75–10.99).”

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7044e1.htm

That’s the closest thing we have on a recent study on natural immunity providing far worse protection than vaccination.
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,974
    edited February 2022
    My BC kid 5-11 who was registered for the vaccine when it first commenced has just now been offered her second dose. Interval time: 10 weeks.

Edit: I am to be concerned this comes on the heels of infection?
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,401
    edited February 2022
    tish said:
    My BC kid 5-11 who was registered for the vaccine when it first commenced has just now been offered her second dose. Interval time: 10 weeks.

Edit: I am to be concerned this comes on the heels of infection?

have you informed those who should know of this fact?
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Good answer, Mic, to point to a professional.
  • Options
    tish said:
    Good answer, Mic, to point to a professional.

guess the question I have is what is your government's stance on recently infected people and the sugested timeline for vax after? and does that include the youngins?

I havent heard anything on the young ones in this situation and the guidance here
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    ^ Christ, who knows? Isn't this unchartered waters.
  • Options
    calling 811. No info found. 
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    ^ 811 is checking immunizeBC website and BC CDC guidelines - once symptoms of acute resolved, not infectious and self isolation over or 90 days after Misc-C.

Also family physician is less competent than me around this: mofo asked me if I coukd remove mask March 2020.

Edit: ^ not that any of that matters. Policy and mandates dictate behaviour. Specifically, Disney Cruise requires the - we all fully vaxxed to sail even tho CDC requirements are no longer in effect. Maybe they know best?

Also... should I wait for potential long omicron covid or misc-c first. Christ sakes.
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Options

We're part of this, so I'll guess my little Pipsqueak guinea pig will eat that bullet for all you parents pulling the wait and see - but gonna do it anyhow for sport inclusion etc, just like me.
  • Options
    tish said:
    ^ 811 is checking immunizeBC website and BC CDC guidelines - once symptoms of acute resolved, not infectious and self isolation over or 90 days after Misc-C.

Also family physician is less competent than me around this: mofo asked me if I coukd remove mask March 2020.

Edit: ^ not that any of that matters. Policy and mandates dictate behaviour. Specifically, Disney Cruise requires the - we all fully vaxxed to sail even tho CDC requirements are no longer in effect. Maybe they know best?

Also... should I wait for potential long omicron covid or misc-c first. Christ sakes.

disney covering their ass.

dont plan for etc...

live your life. be aware. take it as it comes. no need to add potentially unwarranted stress, is there?

• Options
    You're right. And Sweden's policy is, too, imo :)
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,580
    edited February 2022
    Sweden, twelve points

La suede, douze points
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,994
    I guess some people just want to die.

‘Trump is not my God’: how the former president’s only vaccine victory turned sour

A rigid anti-vaccine stance among Trump’s supporters means Republicans can’t reap the benefits of Operation Warp Speed

She is fiercely loyal to Donald Trump. But when the former US president came to her home city and praised coronavirus vaccines, Flora Moore did something she never thought possible. She booed him.

“He said take the vaccine but we all booed and said no,” she recalled of Trump’s event with broadcaster Bill O’Reilly in Orlando, Florida. He heard us loud and clear because the Amway Center was packed. We let him know ‘no’ and a couple of us even hollered out, ‘It’s killing people!’

There is no scientific basis to the claim that the vaccines are killing people. In fact, they have demonstrably saved thousands of lives. But Moore is indicative of the extreme anti-vaccine sentiment consuming the base of the Republican party – a monster that Trump himself can no longer control.

America is exhausted by a pandemic still killing more than 2,400 people a day, the overwhelming majority of whom are unvaccinated, bringing the total death toll to 900,000.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,447
    So 900,000 passed in two years, either prior to development of, being eligible for and able to obtain (comprised are not able so not their fault), and flat out refusal of the vaccine leaves us with about 75% having at least one shot. Based on those numbers, how much longer will it take for all the unvaccinated but still alive to pass?  I have to do the math but it’s too late right now.  Perhaps if the unvaccinated saw their probability of passing within a few years if we can’t get this contained but the vaccinated still keep surviving would they change their minds?  

Full disclosure:  I got the 75% from below which is a left-center organization that does however get high ratings for posting accurate information.

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-19/issue-brief/latest-data-on-covid-19-vaccinations-by-race-ethnicity/
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,933
    An IL judge blocked the state’s mask mandate at schools on Friday.  This should be interesting. 

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
  • Options
    ^ 10 years ago. 

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,384
    tish said:
    ^ 10 years ago. 

10 + year old story about something that happened 15 years prior, so incident is more than a quarter century old. 
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,060
    tish said:
    ^ 10 years ago. 

1996 actually. 
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,832
    PJNB said:
    tish said:
    ^ 10 years ago. 

1996 actually. 
    This is why I don't trust big pharma. 

Except for my Oxy. Do not touch my oxy.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    PJNB said:
    tish said:
    ^ 10 years ago. 

1996 actually. 

That’s the funny thing. I think pre-Covid, Moderna was little pharma. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    PJNB said:
    tish said:
    ^ 10 years ago. 

1996 actually. 

Yeah they were tiny.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJNB said:
    tish said:
    ^ 10 years ago. 

1996 actually. 

Yeah they were tiny.  
    What’s the revenue cutoff between big pharma and little pharma? 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJNB said:
    tish said:
    ^ 10 years ago. 

1996 actually. 

Yeah they were tiny.  
    What’s the revenue cutoff between big pharma and little pharma? 
    It’s not revenue, it’s how many bottles I have stashed.  I have 7 bottles of McKesson so that’s Big Pharma.  I’m down to my last one from Purdue, so they’re a small player.  Either way, I don’t just put anything in my body that’s why I won’t get vaxed like all the sheeple around here.