• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,108
    AW124797 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    AW124797 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    If Jesus Christ came down from the sky and told everyone to get vaccinated there would still be those who would not listen.  After all the vaccines given and all the people who survived them, how they’ve protected almost all from severe illness and death and all those unvaccinated who’ve been sick and died it proves the vaccine is safe. If everyone would have listened from the beginning this would be over by now. For gods sake even trump tells them to get vaccinated.  Bottom line, the unvaccinated are to blame. Period. 
    What a load of horse manure.
    Quit stalking me….already told you not worth my time.  Can’t fight with men huh? And your profile is private….what a fucking joke 

Sorry you felt that way. I wasn't targeting you, but any post with such imbecilic claim deserves a comment on a public forum. That's all. Be well.

what a load of horse manure
    There you go. I was right on par with the mob here. Standard comment.
    really. exact repeat of what you said to her.

in case you forgot, open up this quote chain.

Let me rephrase. What I said is right on par with the standard practice here. She made idiotic comment - "unvaccinated are to blame," which is horse shit. Isn't it?
    nope. 

https://yourlocalepidemiologist.substack.com/p/how-vaccines-reduce-transmission
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,164
    AW124797 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    AW124797 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    If Jesus Christ came down from the sky and told everyone to get vaccinated there would still be those who would not listen.  After all the vaccines given and all the people who survived them, how they’ve protected almost all from severe illness and death and all those unvaccinated who’ve been sick and died it proves the vaccine is safe. If everyone would have listened from the beginning this would be over by now. For gods sake even trump tells them to get vaccinated.  Bottom line, the unvaccinated are to blame. Period. 
    Quit stalking me….already told you not worth my time.  Can’t fight with men huh? And your profile is private….what a fucking joke 

Sorry you felt that way. I wasn't targeting you, but any post with such imbecilic claim deserves a comment on a public forum. That's all. Be well.

Let me rephrase. What I said is right on par with the standard practice here. She made idiotic comment - "unvaccinated are to blame," which is horse shit. Isn't it?
    no the unvaccinated are absolutely to blame....no way around it
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,379
    AW124797 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    AW124797 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:

while certainly not a cure all,  do you think delta would have raged quite as hard as it did if more people had been more on board with even the basics?

I drive a truck. I cant tell you how many nasty motherfuckers emerge from the toilet or urinal and immediately  leave.

see far less folks wearing masks now than before. and distancing?

so unvaxxed but taking even those precautions is too much of an infringement?

so imo the unvaxxed are to blame for a big portion of spread(how one can argue against that is beyond me) and I am really curious as to where the next varient emerges. we dont seem to test that way here with the spread we have it seems probable to me one will emerge here.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    AW124797AW124797 Posts: 647
    Why would anyone blame the unvaccinated if masked and boosted folks are getting infected and spread the virus? I went to the NY Islanders game last week. Fully vaccinated crowd of 15000 or so. Maybe 5% had a mask on. All these risk takers aren't to blame? Please. What about restaurants? This is illogical scapegoating propaganda. Wear your mask properly, get boosted and don't take risks if that helps you with your anxiety. This is not going away. Scandinavian nations already know better - it's horse shit.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,164
    AW124797 said:
    Why would anyone blame the unvaccinated if masked and boosted folks are getting infected and spread the virus? I went to the NY Islanders game last week. Fully vaccinated crowd of 15000 or so. Maybe 5% had a mask on. All these risk takers aren't to blame? Please. What about restaurants? This is illogical scapegoating propaganda. Wear your mask properly, get boosted and don't take risks if that helps you with your anxiety. This is not going away. Scandinavian nations already know better - it's horse shit.
    I don't understand why this isn't obvious to you. The unvaxxed clog the hospitals and ERs. That's why
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    AW124797 said:
    I don't understand why this isn't obvious to you. The unvaxxed clog the hospitals and ERs. That's why
    I'm talking about the spread. All these statistics from hospitals are 40-50% accurate according to our NY governor.
  • Options
    AW124797 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    AW124797 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:

nope. 

AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    I'm talking about the spread. All these statistics from hospitals are 40-50% accurate according to our NY governor.
    read this link
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    AW124797 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    AW124797 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:

nope. 

AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    read this link
    I did. November 2021. Irrelevant pre-omicron data. Didn't hold water with the latest variant.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,738
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    You’re talking about case numbers and spread because you’re clinging to the incorrect belief that the vaccines don’t work. 
  • Options
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    AW124797 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:

nope. 

AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    read this link
    I did. November 2021. Irrelevant pre-omicron data. Didn't hold water with the latest variant.
    Do you seriously think that vaccines do not work?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,687
    edited February 2022
    The schools  here are riddled with covid. My daughter's  class has only 12 kids. 3 have a cold including  my girl. 1 possibly  2 covid. So only about  7 kids in today. Our time  is coming fast.  We test daily at 4 years old its a bit harrowing for her  but a must. 
    Post edited by lastexitlondon on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,845
    edited February 2022
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    AW124797 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:

nope. 

AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    read this link
    I think the going belief is as follows: Now that the vaccinations are not very effective at stopping the spread of Omicron, this is a disease being spread by the vaccinated because they're all just getting the jab and throwing caution to the wind.

I agree that Omicron has rendered the vaccine less effective vs. spread (though seemingly not versus severity). But anecdotally, anyway, the logic is still flawed because the unvaxxed have been "not living in fear" since day 1 and to this day I'd have to think that caution still is a trait more of the vaxxed than the unvaxxed. So it's not the vaxxed that are "more at fault" as much as it is that the vaxxed are no longer doing the things we were a year ago that were essentially allowing the unvaxxed to not live in fear. 

For the most part, covid is over in terms of our behavior, vaxxed and unvaxxed. And those of us who spent so long delaying our own lives so the deniers could live their lives are not making that sacrifice any more.  (And the few who are are pretty much the vaxxed).

And this says nothing of who's clogging up the hospitals.
    Post edited by OnWis97 on
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,058
    The schools  here are riddled with covid. My daughter's  class has only 12 kids. 3 have a cold including  my girl. 1 possibly  2 covid. So only about  7 kids in today. Our time  is coming fast.  We test daily at 4 years old its a bit harrowing for her  but a must. 
    Do you guys have easy access to rapid tests? They have dried up here in the last couple of weeks. During December we tested everyday. I guess a lot of others were doing the same and now we can only get them with a week plus wait if we have symptoms. Lot of good that does for our kids. It is coming to our house I am sure of it. It is no longer if but when. Good luck and hope the little one fairs out ok. 
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    AW124797 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:

nope. 

AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    read this link
    I think the going belief is as follows: Now that the vaccinations are not very effective at stopping the spread of Omicron, this is a disease being spread by the vaccinated because they're all just getting the jab and throwing caution to the wind.

I agree that Omicron has rendered the vaccine less effective vs. spread (though seemingly not versus severity). But anecdotally, anyway, the logic is still flawed because the unvaxxed have been "not living in fear" since day 1 and to this day I'd have to think that caution still is a trait more of the vaxxed than the unvaxxed. So it's not the vaxxed that are "more at fault" as much as it is that the vaxxed are no longer doing the things we were a year ago that were essentially allowing the unvaxxed to not live in fear. 

For the most part, covid is over in terms of our behavior, vaxxed and unvaxxed. And those of us who spent so long delaying our own lives so the deniers could live there's are not making that sacrifice any more.  (And the few who are are pretty much the vaxxed).

And this says nothing of who's clogging up the hospitals.
    As far as cases are concerned, the unvaccinated are still getting it at a rate 3-4 times higher than the vaccinated. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Do you guys have easy access to rapid tests? They have dried up here in the last couple of weeks. During December we tested everyday. I guess a lot of others were doing the same and now we can only get them with a week plus wait if we have symptoms. Lot of good that does for our kids. It is coming to our house I am sure of it. It is no longer if but when. Good luck and hope the little one fairs out ok. 
    We stock piled about 5 boxes  each has 7 tests. At the moment  we are ok. I think we can order more. But soon it is said  it will be harder  to get them
    . Thank you and best of luck. Just hoping she strides on like she does. She has a cold but to me it is same symptoms  of omicron.  But not pos. We feel a bit odd  but nothing  much and all neg. Fuck knows. I hope she doesn't  have a cold and then gets covid on top.  Would be typical  though dodge it 2 years then double whammy
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    You’re talking about case numbers and spread because you’re clinging to the incorrect belief that the vaccines don’t work. 
    Can we go back to the unvaccinated are to blame? I was hoping to hear some logical arguments here. My beliefs are irrelevant to the subject.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,828
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    Can we go back to the unvaccinated are to blame? I was hoping to hear some logical arguments here. My beliefs are irrelevant to the subject.
    The unvaxxed absolutely carry the lion's share of the blame for the Delta wave in this country.   Had we achieved herd immunity, then perhaps that variant would have died out quickly.  But at this point, I don't feel bad for any of them.  
  • Options
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    AW124797 said:
    You haven’t made much of a case that they aren’t to blame. 
  • Options
    I'M GONNA HAVE A BABY!!
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    I'M GONNA HAVE A BABY!!
    congrats! who's the mutha?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    I'M GONNA HAVE A BABY!!
    An unknown mystery person who must have impregnated me while at a friends birthday party at a bar last Sat.  I was definitely at a super spreader event. 
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,966
    mrussel1 said:
    I'M GONNA HAVE A BABY!!

Hang in there @mrussel1!

PJNB said:
    An email was sent out last night I guess. Kids can talk quietly during lunch time. Very happy to see that this morning. 
    Me too! That was some of the biggest BS I've seen served up, thus far! Hugs.

• Options
    RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,014
    mrussel1 said:
    I'M GONNA HAVE A BABY!!

I hope you have an easy time of it.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,379
    mrussel1 said:
    I'M GONNA HAVE A BABY!!

I heard buying vinyl helps combat the virus.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    I'M GONNA HAVE A BABY!!

This is day 3.  On a scale of 1-10, it’s a 2.  Little stuffy and tired but that is it.  Today is better than yesterday so I expect it’s almost over.  Super weird dreams though.
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I'M GONNA HAVE A BABY!!

I heard buying vinyl helps combat the virus.
    I’m testing that theory right now.
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,933
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I'M GONNA HAVE A BABY!!

This is day 3.  On a scale of 1-10, it’s a 2.  Little stuffy and tired but that is it.  Today is better than yesterday so I expect it’s almost over.  Super weird dreams though.

Be well, man.
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,966
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I'M GONNA HAVE A BABY!!

@Spiritual_Chaos ya better get tested 😉
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,176
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I'M GONNA HAVE A BABY!!

For me...it was a roller coaster, which was annoying.  But others I know had a straight path (like you are suggesting).  I hope its true for you.  Take care.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I'M GONNA HAVE A BABY!!
    An unknown mystery person who must have impregnated me while at a friends birthday party at a bar last Sat.  I was definitely at a super spreader event. 
    be well sir. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com