Options

Viruses / Vaccines 2

Comments

• Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,598
    bbiggs said:
    An IL judge blocked the state’s mask mandate at schools on Friday.  This should be interesting. 

As the husband of a teacher in IL, all I can say is ****! These anti mask simpletons won't be happy until everyone ends up sick just so they can claim a victory for personal freedom, no matter what the cost.  
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,185
    bbiggs said:
    An IL judge blocked the state’s mask mandate at schools on Friday.  This should be interesting. 

As the husband of a teacher in IL, all I can say is ****! These anti mask simpletons won't be happy until everyone ends up sick just so they can claim a victory for personal freedom, no matter what the cost.  
    It's insane
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    No mask required. Well for her anyway…

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,306

Monster!!
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,938
    dignin said:

Monster!!
    No. Just a hypocrite. Nothing new here. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    dignin said:

Monster!!
    Is she? How so?
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,428
    edited February 2022
    dignin said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    dignin said:

Monster!!
    Is she? How so?
    It’s the optics…

Rules for thee, but not for me.

This photo will be a large problem for her campaign in the months to come. Expect a hit piece from the RNC by the end of the week.
    Post edited by jerparker20 on
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,194
    Just dumb 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,418
    dignin said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    dignin said:

Monster!!
    Is she? How so?
    It’s the optics…

This photo will be a large problem for her campaign in the months to come. Expect a hit piece from the RNC by the end of the week.

well she might be following gop lead in this.

I would expect vaxxed, boostered and regularly tested.  

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    dignin said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    dignin said:

Monster!!
    Is she? How so?
    It’s the optics…

The knee jerk reaction is to go after her, but I have no idea where she stands on masks currently. And I doubt anyone calling her a hypocrite does either.

I get why the RNC would try to make hay though, because they are intellectually bankrupt. And lots will eat it up.
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,975
    edited February 2022
    mickeyrat said:
    tish said:
    Good answer, Mic, to point to a professional.

guess the question I have is what is your government's stance on recently infected people and the sugested timeline for vax after? and does that include the youngins?

I havent heard anything on the young ones in this situation and the guidance here
    Feb 4... new canada guidance...

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/immunization/national-advisory-committee-on-immunization-naci.html

So...I'm gonna reschedule this later with updated guidance.

Edit:@PJNB this new info might not be reflected provincially... 

In case you want to wait 8 weeks after omi hits town...
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Options

• Options
    IF....Logic doesn't faill me

THEN... Wouldn't this mean that no one (exposed to omicron) should be getting vaccinated right now?

Motherfuckers.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Edit:  😉
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Options
    Haha
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,483
    https://twitter.com/joncoopertweets/status/1491053594753134593?s=21
    The virus is still killing and won’t stop at all, I’m not sure what the end game looks like but I guess a couple million more deaths till we reach herd immunity? 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,408
    The virus is still killing and won’t stop at all, I’m not sure what the end game looks like but I guess a couple million more deaths till we reach herd immunity? 

I don't think herd immunity is a thing with Covid19.  Both current vaccines and natural immunity wane, and the virus mutates.   I think at the best it's that the virus becomes endemic.   Most of the population gets some kind of low level immunity from vaccines or infection, and less lethal version of the virus spreading around.

I think Covid19's here to stay.  Even if someone did develop a better vaccine, so many people refuse to take it, the virus will probably mutate and get it around it.  Plus there's the logistics of trying to vaccinate the entire planet which seems almost impossible.  Even if we magically got a better vaccine, it slowed down the spread here, it'd mutate somewhere else and get here through travel (like it has every other time).
  • Options
    Zod said:

I don't think herd immunity is a thing with Covid19.  Both current vaccines and natural immunity wane, and the virus mutates.   I think at the best it's that the virus becomes endemic.   Most of the population gets some kind of low level immunity from vaccines or infection, and less lethal version of the virus spreading around.

I think Covid19's here to stay.  Even if someone did develop a better vaccine, so many people refuse to take it, the virus will probably mutate and get it around it.  Plus there's the logistics of trying to vaccinate the entire planet which seems almost impossible.  Even if we magically got a better vaccine, it slowed down the spread here, it'd mutate somewhere else and get here through travel (like it has every other time).
    Yeah that seems more plausible! Wtf this world is in bad shape 
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    Zod said:

Yeah that seems more plausible! Wtf this world is in bad shape 
    Very bad shape indeed.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 41,011
    Oh, Canada.  :frowning:               

Arrests in Ottawa as Canadian truckers block main bridge to US

Police detain 23 in Ottawa protests over Covid restrictions, while trucks block Ambassador Bridge linking cities of Detroit and Windsor

Traffic has ground to a halt at the busiest border crossing in North America, as Canadian truckers and others angry with vaccine mandates spread their protest beyond Ottawa.

Trucks started blocking the Ambassador Bridge linking the cities of Detroit and Windsor late on Monday, closing down traffic in both directions. On Tuesday, entry to Canada remained blocked while US-bound traffic slowed to a crawl. Each day, 8,000 trucks normally cross the bridge, which handles about 27% of trade between Canada and the US. Protesters also targeted another major border crossing in Coutts, Alberta.

Canada’s capital city remained blockaded by hundreds of vehicles from the “freedom convoy” while protest organizers called for a meeting with all federal political leaders – except the prime minister, Justin Trudeau – to find a “peaceful resolution” to the crisis.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,153
    a peaceful resolution would be to go the fuck home. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    Got my “free” test kits in the mail yesterday….”made in China” lol.  This world makes me laugh.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    Got my “free” test kits in the mail yesterday….”made in China” lol.  This world makes me laugh.
    All ours are made in china. Cheap labour i guess
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,418
    PJPOWER said:

ability to scale. pool of available employees. would assume wage scale commensurate with cost of living
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    Crazy world 
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    PJPOWER said:

ability to scale. pool of available employees. would assume wage scale commensurate with cost of living
    I know here and the  usa jobs are not being  taken.  There are vacancies in most shops around town. Nobody  wants to work. Maybe in other  countries  jobs are taken. Seems that way
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,194
    PJPOWER said:
    Makes sense though since that’s where the virus was made 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 41,011
    Careful  Pretty soon Marjorie Taylor Greene will start saying COVID test kits made in China will give you the virus.  And she will also blame it guacamole. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Blame it on the rain... 6 more excruciating days wondering if Billie Eilish gets to play Vancouver... ughhh
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739