Options

Viruses / Vaccines 2

Comments

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304
    mrussel1 said:
    Teh quote feature is not working properly.  

What I'm saying is that politicians bloviate and use hyperbole.  No published paper from the CDC or any of the manufacturers ever said the vaccine was 100% effective in preventing illness in adults.  Never was that published.  The people here get our information from the sources, not by watching politicians, CNN, Fox News, etc.  This is why everyone jumped on you when you said we were told they were 100%.  Because well before Biden ever went off the reservation, we all knew from earlier testing that it was never 100%.  At best, it was in the low 90s.  The numbers that were quoted above are the numbers all of us here have used and repeated for the last 10 plus months. 

But again, we keep going round and round and round week after week on the same points.  So the question is.. WTF IS YOUR POINT?  Are you trying to argue that vaccines are completely ineffective?  Are you arguing that they are less effective now agains Omicron than Delta and before?  Are you arguing that if something isn't 100% it might as well be 0%?  What is your point this late in the pandemic?
    The point is someone said something wrong once. Someone made a mistake. So therefore you can no longer trust anything you hear ever again. Ignore 99% of the evidence and concensus because someone fucked up somewhere.

I demand perfection 100% of the time. If not, burn it all down.
  • Options
    JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    mrussel1 said:

What I'm saying is that politicians bloviate and use hyperbole.  No published paper from the CDC or any of the manufacturers ever said the vaccine was 100% effective in preventing illness in adults.  Never was that published.  The people here get our information from the sources, not by watching politicians, CNN, Fox News, etc.  This is why everyone jumped on you when you said we were told they were 100%.  Because well before Biden ever went off the reservation, we all knew from earlier testing that it was never 100%.  At best, it was in the low 90s.  The numbers that were quoted above are the numbers all of us here have used and repeated for the last 10 plus months. 

But again, we keep going round and round and round week after week on the same points.  So the question is.. WTF IS YOUR POINT?  Are you trying to argue that vaccines are completely ineffective?  Are you arguing that they are less effective now agains Omicron than Delta and before?  Are you arguing that if something isn't 100% it might as well be 0%?  What is your point this late in the pandemic?
    I was asked to prove where I saw the vaccines worked 100%. I provided proof showing what Biden said which proves what I said. The only point I am trying to make was that someone did tell us they vaccines were 100% effective. Biden is as much an official source as any other.
  • Options
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:

The point is someone said something wrong once. Someone made a mistake. So therefore you can no longer trust anything you hear ever again. Ignore 99% of the evidence and concensus because someone fucked up somewhere.

I demand perfection 100% of the time. If not, burn it all down.
    It was more than once Biden spouted misinformation. I never said anything like what you were saying. You all are reading way too far into this. I was told to prove my statement and I did.  Now you are all making up other points and taking things to extremes which was not my point.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,832
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I was asked to prove where I saw the vaccines worked 100%. I provided proof showing what Biden said which proves what I said. The only point I am trying to make was that someone did tell us they vaccines were 100% effective. Biden is as much an official source as any other.
    That wasn't the main point you were making today, was it?  That came out later after you made some other statements.  I'm trying to understand your main point related to vaccines.  No one here is saying the vaccine is or ever was 100% effective.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

I think they're arguing that we should have rode herd. And as such, we shouldn't have had any of our freedumbs curtailed and been "oppressed." Do I have it right OP?
    I never said that. I was asked to provide proof of what I said and I did. It really is that simple.

Why can't anyone just say, OK, you are right.... Biden did tell us these things and we later found it wasn't true. That is science. End of story. Instead some of you are putting extreme words into my mouth like I have an agenda. I'm only providing proof to back up what I said because I was asked to.

• Options
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I think they're arguing that we should have rode herd. And as such, we shouldn't have had any of our freedumbs curtailed and been "oppressed." Do I have it right OP?
    I never said that. I was asked to provide proof of what I said and I did. It really is that simple.

Why can't anyone just say, OK, you are right.... Biden did tell us these things and we later found it wasn't true. That is science. End of story. Instead some of you are putting extreme words into my mouth like I have an agenda. I'm only providing proof to back up what I said because I was asked to.

No, it wasn't "Biden told us these things and we later found out it wasn't true".  The published tests before the rollout (back in Feb) told us that it wasn't 100%.  So Biden's statement didn't ring any bells here because I can guarantee the majority of us knew in teh rollout phase that it wasn't 100%.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:

That wasn't the main point you were making today, was it?  That came out later after you made some other statements.  I'm trying to understand your main point related to vaccines.  No one here is saying the vaccine is or ever was 100% effective.  
    My original point was that natural immunity counts for something.

Now you're trying to understand my main point? You were the one that wanted to argue with me in regards to natural immunity being better than the vaccines which has been studied or proven. We are still in the middle of this pandemic so those studies may change when they look at other variants.

• Options
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Biden never claimed the vaccine was 100% effective. Those words never came out of his mouth. 

It really is that simple.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:

No, it wasn't "Biden told us these things and we later found out it wasn't true".  The published tests before the rollout (back in Feb) told us that it wasn't 100%.  So Biden's statement didn't ring any bells here because I can guarantee the majority of us knew in teh rollout phase that it wasn't 100%.  
    So we shouldn't believe what Biden says?

• Options
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Biden never claimed the vaccine was 100% effective. Those words never came out of his mouth. 

It really is that simple.
    Those words did not come out of his mouth but he did say you won't get sick and you won't spread covid. If that isn't 100% protection, I don't know what is.

• Options
    edited February 2022
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Now you're trying to understand my main point? You were the one that wanted to argue with me in regards to natural immunity being better than the vaccines which has been studied or proven. We are still in the middle of this pandemic so those studies may change when they look at other variants.

You said natural immunity was BETTER.  You didn't say it counted for something.  I wouldn't argue with you had you said that.  

One of the main problems with natural immunity particularly for the military and when the OSHA requirement was taking place, is how do you prove it?  Unless you went to a doctor who tested you and reported the result, how does one prove they had natural immunity?  People would have to take antibody tests. 
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Okay, for this really dumb American that's trying to understand your point, from The Hill quote regarding "surviving" covid via natural immunity forward, what is the point that you're trying to make by quoting The Hill article? I'm really slooooooooow and have reading comprehension issues. Remember, "surviving" is the operative word. Again, what's your broader point that you're trying to make?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,016
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    https://fox59.com/news/national-world/nurse-who-refused-vaccine-for-herself-and-her-kids-contracts-covid-for-a-second-time/?fbclid=IwAR0uDd7BbDhBGs6mPz8LGwjV_x9MqapipalstnGMgcgGkI23frWqVJAFxAE

When asked if Camile had any regrets about not getting the vaccine after getting COVID twice and working with cancer patients, she said, “No. If I had omicron, as they say, I’m protected against Delta and COVID.”

moron

"The report finally acknowledges what many have suspected for a long time — that surviving COVID-19 provides excellent natural immunity not only repeat infection but also to hospitalization and death for the delta variant of COVID-19.  "

Key word, "surviving." Too bad it didn't work for 890,000 'Muricans. Should have just rode herd.
    Natural immunity provided better protection than vaccines for the Delta variant. Some didn't get the chance to get the vaccine before getting sick. If someone has had covid twice, I would be willing to bet their immunity is better than many of the people that are only vaccinated.
    I sure wish I could catch this disease with a strong chance of life-long ramifications (including death) so that I'm less likely to catch this disease with a strong chance of life-long ramifications (including death) in the future.

Because that makes sense.

'05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,130
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:

it was obvious I, and others, were asking you to prove your claim from a scientific standpoint, not a political one. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    benjs said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    https://fox59.com/news/national-world/nurse-who-refused-vaccine-for-herself-and-her-kids-contracts-covid-for-a-second-time/?fbclid=IwAR0uDd7BbDhBGs6mPz8LGwjV_x9MqapipalstnGMgcgGkI23frWqVJAFxAE

When asked if Camile had any regrets about not getting the vaccine after getting COVID twice and working with cancer patients, she said, “No. If I had omicron, as they say, I’m protected against Delta and COVID.”

moron

"The report finally acknowledges what many have suspected for a long time — that surviving COVID-19 provides excellent natural immunity not only repeat infection but also to hospitalization and death for the delta variant of COVID-19.  "

Key word, "surviving." Too bad it didn't work for 890,000 'Muricans. Should have just rode herd.
    Natural immunity provided better protection than vaccines for the Delta variant. Some didn't get the chance to get the vaccine before getting sick. If someone has had covid twice, I would be willing to bet their immunity is better than many of the people that are only vaccinated.
    I sure wish I could catch this disease with a strong chance of life-long ramifications (including death) so that I'm less likely to catch this disease with a strong chance of life-long ramifications (including death) in the future.

this is just it. the way he's wording it, is that natural immunity PRE INFECTION is better than the vaccines. which is obviously false. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:

it was obvious I, and others, were asking you to prove your claim from a scientific standpoint, not a political one. 
    Bullshit. You are moving the goal posts. I never said scientific standpoint and neither did any one of you.

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,016
    benjs said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

moron

this is just it. the way he's wording it, is that natural immunity PRE INFECTION is better than the vaccines. which is obviously false. 
    And it's false by design. Some are here specifically to spread misinformation, others are here to make asinine statements to piss people off. In either case, there is nothing genuine about this form of 'debate'.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Bullshit. You are moving the goal posts. I never said scientific standpoint and neither did any one of you.

Scientific or not. Joe Biden is the leader of this country and he was spreading misinformation. How many people believed him and went on living a little more free because they thought they were 100% protected? You can not tell me that no one believed what he said.

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,501
    edited February 2022
    I can't believe people are still arguing about the effectiveness of vaccines at this point. The states with the highest amounts of Covid deaths are all red states. Shockingly these are also states with mostly lower percentages of vaccinated people. It's not tough to understand. We're such a dumb country. 

https://www.lx.com/coronavirus/which-states-saw-the-most-covid-deaths-in-2021-americas-least-vaccinated/46750/
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    benjs said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

moron

A majority of people will not have life long ramifications nor will they die. You are speaking about a minority and acting like it is the majority.

I never said we shouldn't be taking the vaccine and only relying on natural immunity. Here is the question where the issue started, why should someone who has been infected twice with Covid take the vaccine? Their natural immunity surpasses what the vaccine can do for them IMO. We won't know the real facts behind all of this for years to come when every detail can be examined. I don't believe calling someone a moron is fair when they haven't taken the vaccine and have had Covid twice. That's where this started.

How about I make things easier for everyone? Good bye

• Options
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:

it was assumed. why would I ask you to prove a politician said something misleading? shooting fish in a barrel. gimme a break. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,166
    JB16057 said:
    benjs said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

moron

A majority of people will not have life long ramifications nor will they die. You are speaking about a minority and acting like it is the majority.

I never said we shouldn't be taking the vaccine and only relying on natural immunity. Here is the question where the issue started, why should someone who has been infected twice with Covid take the vaccine? Their natural immunity surpasses what the vaccine can do for them IMO. We won't know the real facts behind all of this for years to come when every detail can be examined. I don't believe calling someone a moron is fair when they haven't taken the vaccine and have had Covid twice. That's where this started.

Doesn't matter what your opinion is. The studies show that you are wrong.

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    benjs said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

moron

But why not take the vaccine after infection? I've heard a lot of experts say that it will give you even better protection for longer.

Where is the downside?
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,166
    dignin said:
    JB16057 said:
    benjs said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

moron

But why not take the vaccine after infection? I've heard a lot of experts say that it will give you even better protection for longer.

Where is the downside?
    My neighbor had to be hospitalized a few days with covid.  They told him that he couldn't get the vaccine for a few months.  That has been six months or so ago so maybe they have modified that.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    dignin said:
    JB16057 said:
    benjs said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

moron

Where is the downside?
    My neighbor had to be hospitalized a few days with covid.  They told him that he couldn't get the vaccine for a few months.  That has been six months or so ago so maybe they have modified that.
    Depends on the situation and doctor I guess. The point is to get it after, whenever recommend.
  • Options
    My 4 year old has covid and as soon as the vaccine is available he will be getting the shot. Everything I have heard says it will offer him more protection, for the possible new variant.

Cause never underestimate this virus.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,401
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JB16057 said:
    mrussel1 said:

of course it does. how long is the question. it would appear about as long as being vaxxed. or less. which I believe is ehat was being said over thr summer.

it does seem rather ineffective if someone contracts the virus twice now doesnt it?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    Got my PCR today after my wife tested positive on Monday (I was negative). She's feeling much better, which is great. I still feel pretty crappy, but better than yesterday. I have a feeling my results will say positive, which means another week at home, which is fine. We are both vaxxed & boosted, wear masks, wash hands, etc. Somehow, it entered our home. I should get my results back by tomorrow. Be well, everyone and have a great weekend.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:
    Got my PCR today after my wife tested positive on Monday (I was negative). She's feeling much better, which is great. I still feel pretty crappy, but better than yesterday. I have a feeling my results will say positive, which means another week at home, which is fine. We are both vaxxed & boosted, wear masks, wash hands, etc. Somehow, it entered our home. I should get my results back by tomorrow. Be well, everyone and have a great weekend.
    good luck Matt. relax and spin some records! 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com