Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,242
    dignin said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    dignin said:
    No mask required. Well for her anyway…

Monster!!
    No. Just a hypocrite. Nothing new here. 
    Is she? How so?

Truth is, she was ahead of her time. By four days. So she’ll be fine.

Safety first democratic NY lifts mask mandate and all of a sudden no one is wearing masks, while 2500 died from Covid that same day. It’s almost surreal. But hey, I got some Tool concerts upcoming and easier to rock out without a mask on.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,399
    Ha so clearly staged. The one girl who ends up twirling her mask around and dancing already has it half pulled off when the teacher is starting the announcement.
    Using kids as props again, not quite as bad as making them march in protest, but clearly planned.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,848
    Poncier said:
    Ha so clearly staged. The one girl who ends up twirling her mask around and dancing already has it half pulled off when the teacher is starting the announcement.
    Using kids as props again, not quite as bad as making them march in protest, but clearly planned.
    And what's the point? Tell kids they get candy for dinner and watch the reaction.  They cheer so it must be the right decision!
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,194
    Adults are embarrassing.  
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:
    And what's the point? Tell kids they get candy for dinner and watch the reaction.  They cheer so it must be the right decision!
    Exactly. 

They would cheer if they got McDonalds 7 nights a week too. 
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,399
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:

Who wouldn't?

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,418
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:

Who wouldn't?

"money" shot.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Video of Danish school children cheering or it didn't happen. 
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,306
    For anyone who just read the headline the jist of the article is they don't feel the need to give a 4th shot for this current wave.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,153
    that looks highly staged
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    that looks highly staged
    yup
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,846
    Side question:

Anyone been traveling? One week from tomorrow, my wife and I are supposed to be flying from Minneapolis to Phoenix, renting a car, and staying in Sedona, AZ. We went to Sea. Hear. Now in September, where we were around more people than we will be this time but that was pre-Omicron. My greatest fear is coming down with symptoms (and testing positive) in Arizona. I'm not selfish enough to go through the whole flight process, etc. if I'm positive. Has this happened to anyone? Would I be stuck putting on my mask and flying home (particularly if there were no hotel rooms available)? 
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:
    Side question:

Anyone been traveling? One week from tomorrow, my wife and I are supposed to be flying from Minneapolis to Phoenix, renting a car, and staying in Sedona, AZ. We went to Sea. Hear. Now in September, where we were around more people than we will be this time but that was pre-Omicron. My greatest fear is coming down with symptoms (and testing positive) in Arizona. I'm not selfish enough to go through the whole flight process, etc. if I'm positive. Has this happened to anyone? Would I be stuck putting on my mask and flying home (particularly if there were no hotel rooms available)? 
    I'm seeing Tool in Boston next Saturday, then hitting the road w/ a friend the following Saturday to see them in Buffalo. 

I'm worried about coming down w/ Covid in the days after the Boston show & derailing my plans for the following weekend... I'm not worried about catching covid at this point... I'm triple vaxxed & in the best shape I've been in for the last 15+ years, but I couldn't in good conscience get in a car w/ a friend for 6+ hours then go to a concert if I know I'm positive.

Flights aren't involved, but yeah... I have similar concerns. 
  • Options
    shit. our premier just announced that the pandemic is over. Mar 1st no more vaxxed cards, no need for close contacts to self isolate, Mar 15 no more masks. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,938
    shit. our premier just announced that the pandemic is over. Mar 1st no more vaxxed cards, no need for close contacts to self isolate, Mar 15 no more masks. 
    Isn’t that a good thing?
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    nicknyr15 said:
    Isn’t that a good thing?
    The virus decides these things, not politicians. I'm a bit wary of "mission accomplished" at this juncture. our test positivity rate is way down, our hospital/ICU admissions are holding steady/decreasing slightly. I don't think this is a great idea for our health care system. Maybe wait until it's warm enough out that people are congregating outside (mid april/may). We're still sometimes at arctic temps in Winnipeg in March. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Hell Yeah! Hold My Beer!
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,846
    I find the whole thing funny when there's a date in the future for vax cards, masks,* etc.
    *Not sure whether you meant no more masks now or on Mar 15.

"It's not over, but it will be next month."
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    No more masks starting Mar 15
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,306
    You're late to the party. Here in Alberta the pandemic ended a couple of days ago. Kenny told me so.
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    You canadians are lucky. I wish the Pandemic was over in the US
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,448
    nicknyr15 said:
    Isn’t that a good thing?
    The virus decides these things, not politicians. I'm a bit wary of "mission accomplished" at this juncture. our test positivity rate is way down, our hospital/ICU admissions are holding steady/decreasing slightly. I don't think this is a great idea for our health care system. Maybe wait until it's warm enough out that people are congregating outside (mid april/may). We're still sometimes at arctic temps in Winnipeg in March. 
    Think it’s (an announcement about the future) being rushed to appease the truckers a little? 
  • Options
    Its been that way here a while.  Still 200.000 cases a day
     The testing has stopped . So cases are not reported.  
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 41,011

What's your take- good idea?  Too soon? 
    Seems a bit overly optimistic to me. 
    I'm definitely more of a mind to wait at least until warmer weather when all viruses subside.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    Isn’t that a good thing?
    Think it’s (an announcement about the future) being rushed to appease the truckers a little? 
    no. this was the plan all along before the trucker convoy was even started. the plan was always spring for Manitoba. I just wasn't expecting a firm date to be announced this early. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Good luck.

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Massachusetts' mask mandate for schools expires on Feb. 28.

Take that, Manitoba!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,194
    nicknyr15 said:
    Isn’t that a good thing?
    It's not "mission accomplished"  unless you are speaking for the virus...

It's the white flag.  And it's coming out all over...and in reality it's the logical next step as far to many people already waived it for the rest of us.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,975
    nicknyr15 said:
    Isn’t that a good thing?
    It's not "mission accomplished"  unless you are speaking for the virus...

It's the white flag.  And it's coming out all over...and in reality it's the logical next step as far to many people already waived it for the rest of us.
    To live between waves, quick decisions are required. I'm optimistic BC might open up for music venues next week. This didnt happen today while I hit the hill with the latest batch Ed cooked up for us?