Options

Viruses / Vaccines 2

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,418
    have a regular stop for "lunch" at a Hardee's within a Loves truck stop. Still masking but they opened up all tables where they did have every other one closed and all condiments,  napkins and cup lids are back out.

guessing 25% or less customers masking.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,194
    In most of the US the masking, etc is over. It just is what it is, so the learning to live with it is the obvious next step. Cause it’s what we have to do 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,744
    static111 said:
    You canadians are lucky. I wish the Pandemic was over in the US

What do you need for it to be over? The US is probably about 3 weeks from getting back to pre-Omicron surge levels. After that it'll likely drop even more, and then we wait and see if there's another variant that's more virulent. Even outside of that, depending on where you are, there aren't any restrictions, or soon to be removed restrictions.
  • Options

US buys 600K doses of new COVID antibody awaiting clearance
    By RICARDO ALONSO-ZALDIVAR
    10 Feb 2022

WASHINGTON (AP) — Addressing diminished treatment options in the omicron wave, the Biden administration has purchased enough of a yet-to-be approved antibody drug to treat 600,000 COVID-19 patients, officials said Thursday.

The new monoclonal antibody from pharmaceutical giant Eli Lilly will be shipped out to states free of charge if the Food and Drug Administration approves the company's request for emergency use authorization, said Health and Human Services Secretary Xavier Becerra. “We are going to try to be there to meet the demand,” he added.

The government's move comes after the two leading monoclonal antibody treatments in the U.S. turned out to be ineffective against the omicron variant, which now accounts for nearly all COVID-19 cases in the country. Data indicate that the Lilly drug works against omicron, including the new BA.2 mutation. Lilly said the contract for its new drug — bebtelovimab — is worth at least $720 million. That name is pronounced “beb-teh-LO-vi-mab.”

Laboratory-made monoclonal antibodies stand in for the human body's immune system by acting to block an invading virus. Delivered intravenously or by injection, the medicines are meant to be administered early in an infection to forestall severe disease and death. Former President Donald Trump received an antibody combination after he tested positive for the coronavirus in 2020.

continues..  

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    I’ll take a hard pass…fuck big pharma… Learn to live with the virus or not Mandate yourself, wear a n95 mask.. That’s freedom of choice… Your fear is not my fear. And you never wore a mask in flu season, even though you knew it would help…you are wearing mask because you are told..
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    The new Canada that the not so bright Mr blackface and butterball voters support Disgusting. Snipers on the roof…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    The new Canada that the not so bright Mr blackface and butterball voters support Disgusting. Snipers on the roof…

if you prefer we can just shutter all Canadian plants servicing the auto industry. how about that?

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 41,011

What is your trip, dude?  Trash every thread on AMT with stupid one-shot twitter posts?  Are you just lazy or do you really not have thoughts and opinions of your own?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,448
    brianlux said:

What is your trip, dude?  Trash every thread on AMT with stupid one-shot twitter posts?  Are you just lazy or do you really not have thoughts and opinions of your own?
    Awhile back HFD and Mickeyrat (thanks again, best advice ever) explained to me about trolling (you know before I was so savvy about social media) and I learned to ignore it.  Maybe that lesson applies here? 
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,485
    I’ll just keep wearing my mask when I see fit! I do like wearing a mask at all times at work or around people in general never having to smell another humans breath is def a good thing!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    brianlux said:

Awhile back HFD and Mickeyrat (thanks again, best advice ever) explained to me about trolling (you know before I was so savvy about social media) and I learned to ignore it.  Maybe that lesson applies here? 

Good reminder, cblock.  It gets a little annoying to have to ignore the trolling when so many threads are littered with that trash, but yes, it can be done!  Good point.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,242
    In most of the US the masking, etc is over. It just is what it is, so the learning to live with it is the obvious next step. Cause it’s what we have to do 

Unless you play in Pearl Jam, then you are tested often even if you are vaxxed and boosted. If positive without symptoms, you are forced to sit out the show.

trying to understand this mess while masks are over is impossible.
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,671
    edited February 2022
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

Good reminder, cblock.  It gets a little annoying to have to ignore the trolling when so many threads are littered with that trash, but yes, it can be done!  Good point.
    It would be nice if the forum modified the ignore feature to allow us to hide more than 3 other users, but otoh it’s not a bad thing to have to practice self control (speaking for myself, anyway). 
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,242
    Bbrianlux said:

If they are blocking the border and commerce they are engaging in violent protest and should be dealt with by the fullest extent allowed by law. Prison and hefty fines.

im sure Mr Melt would agree a violent minority is a form of authoritarianism and should be dealt with just like trump did in June 2020
  • Options
    Bbrianlux said:

If they are blocking the border and commerce they are engaging in violent protest and should be dealt with by the fullest extent allowed by law. Prison and hefty fines.

im sure Mr Melt would agree a violent minority is a form of authoritarianism and should be dealt with just like trump did in June 2020

For some reason, this whole Canadian trucker blockade thing caught me off guard.  I guess I have given Canada too much credit for having their shit together.  Obviously not!

My wife's step daughter (step-step daughter to me, I guess you could say) is married to a fellow who is based and living here in California and is a long distance truck driver .  My wife told me this morning that his trucking company offered to pay him per diem to drive his truck up to Canada to join the trucker blockage.  Now, you have to understand that my wife is a very calm, not easily taken to getting exited about things beyond her control, and definitely not prone to using foul language.  But this morning, after hearing this news, she showed a great deal of ire over this business- much more than normal- and even threw out a very pointed f-bomb in reaction.  I was equally exasperated with this news but almost had to laugh seeing my calm sweet wife so riled up!

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,744
    I’ll take a hard pass…fuck big pharma… Learn to live with the virus or not Mandate yourself, wear a n95 mask.. That’s freedom of choice… Your fear is not my fear. And you never wore a mask in flu season, even though you knew it would help…you are wearing mask because you are told..
    Fuck big pharma because anti-bodies wane in a small sample size? 
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,399
    Now there's a sure fire way to disperse protesters:

New Zealand plays Barry Manilow to repel parliament protesters - BBC News
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    This is really as much about Canada as it is COVID, but I'm going to post it here with the hope that a certain troll will not bury it in endless one-shot twitter posts the way it likely would be in the Canadian politics thread which has become nearly futile to try and follow. (Odd that this is allowed to continue.)

I'm confused about two things from the following article. 
    First off, the headline is

US-Canada border standoff dissolves peacefully as police move in      

My understanding is the "dissolves" means "go away".  But then the article says:

"Windsor police immediately warned that anyone blocking the streets could be subject to arrest and their vehicles could be seized.

The news was met earlier with defiance by protesters."

That makes it sound as though the protest continues.

Secondly, at the end of the article, it says: "Pandemic restrictions have been far stricter in Canada than in the US, but Canadians have largely supported them. The vast majority of Canadians are vaccinated, and the Covid-19 death rate is one-third that of the US."

So, Canada, why hove you let this protest and the blocking of a major trade route between your country and the U.S. go on this long?  It just seems odd that these truckers hold this much power. 

It's all a bit confusing.

• Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,975
    edited February 2022
    ^So it doesn't end like storming the capitol with deaths? 

Edit: and maybe underlying support for individual autonomy?
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    This is really as much about Canada as it is COVID, but I'm going to post it here with the hope that a certain troll will not bury it in endless one-shot twitter posts the way it likely would be in the Canadian politics thread which has become nearly futile to try and follow. (Odd that this is allowed to continue.)

I'm confused about two things from the following article. 
    First off, the headline is

US-Canada border standoff dissolves peacefully as police move in      

My understanding is the "dissolves" means "go away".  But then the article says:

"Windsor police immediately warned that anyone blocking the streets could be subject to arrest and their vehicles could be seized.

The news was met earlier with defiance by protesters."

That makes it sound as though the protest continues.

Secondly, at the end of the article, it says: "Pandemic restrictions have been far stricter in Canada than in the US, but Canadians have largely supported them. The vast majority of Canadians are vaccinated, and the Covid-19 death rate is one-third that of the US."

So, Canada, why hove you let this protest and the blocking of a major trade route between your country and the U.S. go on this long?  It just seems odd that these truckers hold this much power. 

It's all a bit confusing.

from my reading there are still protestors but they are off to the sides of the street leading to the bridge.

the bridge lasted a week.

ottawa center is a different story.

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    tish said:
    ^So it doesn't end like storming the capitol with deaths? 

Edit: and maybe underlying support for individual autonomy?
    Yes, attempting to avoid needless violence. 

It’s funny how this is being spun. When the police gear up and move in, those in support of the protestors are outraged about the potential for “police brutality”, but when the police are showing a patient, restrained response those in support of the protestors are laughing at their “weakness”. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options

Blockades on Canada-US border continue, protests swell
    By ROB GILLIES and MIKE HOUSEHOLDER
    36 mins ago

WINDSOR, Ontario (AP) — Protesters opposed to COVID-19 vaccine mandates and other restrictions withdrew their vehicles from a key U.S.-Canadian border bridge Saturday but still blocked access while other demonstrations ramped up in cities across Canada, including the capital, where police said they were awaiting more officers before ending what they described as an illegal occupation.

The tense standoff at the Ambassador Bridge linking Detroit and Windsor, Ontario, eased somewhat early in the day when Canadian police persuaded demonstrators to move the trucks they had used to barricade the entrance to the busy international crossing.

But protesters reconvened nearby — with reinforcements — and were still choking off access from the Canadian side late Saturday, snarling traffic and commerce for a sixth day.

In Ottawa, the ranks of protesters swelled to what police said was 4,000 demonstrators. The city has seen that on past weekends, and loud music played as people milled about downtown where anti-vaccine demonstrators have been encamped since late January.

The protests at the bridge, in Ottawa and elsewhere have reverberated outside the country, with similarly inspired convoys in France, New Zealand and the Netherlands, and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security warned that truck convoys may be in the works in the United States.

continues....

• Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,975
    I think switching to Antigen from PCR testing to get back in Canada is stupid (albeit saves a few bucks/time/more available).

Why don't we save that stuff for when we need it next time? (Given that we've all had omispread?)
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

36 mins ago

WINDSOR, Ontario (AP) — Protesters opposed to COVID-19 vaccine mandates and other restrictions withdrew their vehicles from a key U.S.-Canadian border bridge Saturday but still blocked access while other demonstrations ramped up in cities across Canada, including the capital, where police said they were awaiting more officers before ending what they described as an illegal occupation.

The tense standoff at the Ambassador Bridge linking Detroit and Windsor, Ontario, eased somewhat early in the day when Canadian police persuaded demonstrators to move the trucks they had used to barricade the entrance to the busy international crossing.

But protesters reconvened nearby — with reinforcements — and were still choking off access from the Canadian side late Saturday, snarling traffic and commerce for a sixth day.

In Ottawa, the ranks of protesters swelled to what police said was 4,000 demonstrators. The city has seen that on past weekends, and loud music played as people milled about downtown where anti-vaccine demonstrators have been encamped since late January.

The protests at the bridge, in Ottawa and elsewhere have reverberated outside the country, with similarly inspired convoys in France, New Zealand and the Netherlands, and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security warned that truck convoys may be in the works in the United States.

continues....

As I suspected. 
    Canada, what a let down. 

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,306
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:

36 mins ago

continues....

As I suspected. 
    Canada, what a let down. 
    Just so we're clear here these degenerate clowns have about 20% support here among Canadians. And that support is shrinking, not growing.

These are people lead by well known white supremacists and funded by foreign interests. 

Our leadership in government and policing are failing us. 

This isn't on the majority of Canadians. Most people are disgusted how they wrap themselves in our flag and tarnish our country. 
  • Options
    dignin said:
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:

36 mins ago

continues....

As I suspected. 
    Canada, what a let down. 
    Just so we're clear here these degenerate clowns have about 20% support here among Canadians. And that support is shrinking, not growing.

These are people lead by well known white supremacists and funded by foreign interests. 

This isn't on the majority of Canadians. Most people are disgusted how they wrap themselves in our flag and tarnish our country. 
    Seems Putin on the ritz’s social media and alternative funding sources have spread north and he obviously saw the success with the rubes in ‘Murica and figured it could be replicated. Gotta give his evil genius some credit there.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    dignin said:
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:

36 mins ago

continues....

As I suspected. 
    Canada, what a let down. 

I am very glad to hear that most Canadians are in opposition to these fools.  But knowing this, why was this aloud to go on for a whole week?  If something like this happened at a major port in NYC or Los Angeles?  Even here in 49% idiot Trumplandia I can't imagine that happening.  But maybe.  Maybe the whole freakin' world has lost it's way.  Sometimes I wish I were on another planet. 

• Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    brianlux said:
    dignin said:
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:

36 mins ago

continues....

As I suspected. 
    Canada, what a let down. 

I am very glad to hear that most Canadians are in opposition to these fools.  But knowing this, why was this aloud to go on for a whole week?  If something like this happened at a major port in NYC or Los Angeles?  Even here in 49% idiot Trumplandia I can't imagine that happening.  But maybe.  Maybe the whole freakin' world has lost it's way.  Sometimes I wish I were on another planet. 
    I can’t help feeling that if a bunch of Canadians tried to pull this in a US city, it wouldn’t be going so well….maybe I’m wrong.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,185
    Ignorance. I don't walk around in fear but anytime I see someone use the "I'm not scared" or "Your fear is not my fear" I just have to remind you of several people I know that have been and/or still are on ventilators.

I bet they wish someone told them to get vaxxed.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,598
    edited February 2022