Canadians making the trip to Ohana and SHN and the travel rules that goes with it.

Comments

• SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,442
    demetrios said:
    Safe travels too all fellow Canadians going down to Ohana. 

If anyone of ya's are able to pick up an extra zippo, sticker, button, kozzie combo from Ohana, please let me know.

Thanks!
    Was already thinking of picking up a zippo and joining the Xmas gift thread this year. Guess I'll have to grab you an extra, if the goddamn illogical government covid hoops get passed. I'll let you you if I make it there, D.
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,681
    tish said:
    demetrios said:

If anyone of ya's are able to pick up an extra zippo, sticker, button, kozzie combo from Ohana, please let me know.

Thanks!
    Was already thinking of picking up a zippo and joining the Xmas gift thread this year. Guess I'll have to grab you an extra, if the goddamn illogical government covid hoops get passed. I'll let you you if I make it there, D.

Thank you!
    Have fun!! :)
  • chittychitty Posts: 575
    Made it from Van with no issues. Been to Lumineers last night and Angels game tonight. Festival next three nights. Interesting was customs did not ask at all about vax status, only had to show negative test
  • andrew68andrew68 Toronto Posts: 1,791
    air canada site is a joke...you can't seem to upload the covid test results...this forces you to get in line at check in
    Any new realizations... would have to wait...
    Til he had more time,... more time...
    Time to dream,... to himself... he waves goodbye,
    To himself... I'll see you on the other side...
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,731
    andrew68 said:
    air canada site is a joke...you can't seem to upload the covid test results...this forces you to get in line at check in
    Thats unfortunate. I was counting on that to save me time. If my flight to Toronto is on time I will have a 2hr 30 min layover there before the flight to LAX. Hope that is enough time. 
  • JoMa1998JoMa1998 London, Ontario Posts: 30
    We flew in yesterday out of Pearson into LA. Busy getting thru security and customs but not 1 request to show any vaccination and / or COVID test proof which we had electronically and hard copy. We asked the gate agent why and we were told once you fill in the attestation letter online when you check in as having your vaccination shots it is a random question. Random by who, customs, gate agent, was asked and not answered. 

Will it be this simply going back to Canada after Ohana Encore, probably not but we will see.

Enjoy the show(s) fellow Canadians.

2005.09.12-London
    2006.05.09-Toronto
    2007.08.05-Lolla, Grant Park
    2008.08.13-EV Toronto
    2009.08.21-Toronto; 2009.10.30-Philly
    2010.05.06-Columbus; 2010.05.07-Noblesville
    2011.06.26-EV Detroit; 2011.09.11-Toronto; 2011.09.12-Toronto; 2011.09.15-Hamilton
    2013.07.16-London; 2013.07.19-Wrigley Field
    2014.10.16-Detroit
    2016.05.08-Ottawa; 2016.05.10-Toronto; 2016.05.12-Toronto; 2016.08.20-Wrigley Field; 2016.08.22-Wrigley Field
    2018.08.18-Wrigley Field; 2018.08.20-Wrigley Field
    2021.09.24/25/26-Ohana Festival; 2021.10.01/02-Ohana Encore
    2022.09.03-Ottawa; 2022.09.06-Hamilton; 2022.09.08-Toronto; 2022-09-15 Nashville 
    2023.08.31-Minneapolis; 2023.09.02-Minneapolis; 2023.09.05-Chicago; 2023.09.07-Chicago; 2023.09.29/30/10.01-Ohana Festival

• andrew68 said:
    That’s strange. I manage to upload everything and got my confirmation by e-mail that all was ok in about 5 hours. 

Once at airport (Montreal), it was even quicker to go through customs then pre-COVID as they already have all the info on the destination. 

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

So is this going to be doable? 

Due to changes with testing in our province I now have to go to the airport to get tested. We fly out of Moncton to Toronto at 2pm. The test is happening at 1pm and lasts 30 mins for two tests to be completed. They give a physical copy and no email. 

We have someone else at the airport with us so our plan is to get tested then go to the gate. Wait till the last minute then enter the boarding area. Again wait to the last minute before getting on and hoping the person with us can run up with the results in time. If they can not run up in time can they email us the results themselves and we either use the screen grab or email (pdf) from Staples as our test result? Or does it have to be the official copy in hand or official email from the testing site.

Hope that all makes sense and thanks for any help
  • Air Canada checked my test result at the departure gate.  Took 15 seconds.  US customs was a long line.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
    Safe travels!
  • I just booked a PCR test directly coming to my hotel room tomorrow. I’ll let you know how that goes. Many local pharmacies can’t confirm timing of getting the results back so that option seems better. 

Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Costa Rica 11

I just booked a PCR test directly coming to my hotel room tomorrow. I’ll let you know how that goes. Many local pharmacies can’t confirm timing of getting the results back so that option seems better. 
    What city and provider?
    My PCR test is scheduled at the airport where we need to bring a passport. I just canceled my kids weekend sleepover to keep her contacts low. I asked her friends mom about their health and she said they were unvaccinated but healthy. 
    PJNB said:
    So is this going to be doable? 

Due to changes with testing in our province I now have to go to the airport to get tested. We fly out of Moncton to Toronto at 2pm. The test is happening at 1pm and lasts 30 mins for two tests to be completed. They give a physical copy and no email. 

We have someone else at the airport with us so our plan is to get tested then go to the gate. Wait till the last minute then enter the boarding area. Again wait to the last minute before getting on and hoping the person with us can run up with the results in time. If they can not run up in time can they email us the results themselves and we either use the screen grab or email (pdf) from Staples as our test result? Or does it have to be the official copy in hand or official email from the testing site.

Hope that all makes sense and thanks for any help
    I have no information on this, sorry can't help.
  • andrew68andrew68 Toronto Posts: 1,791
    At YYZ ….. no request at all for proof of vax…not from AC, not from US immigration….only AC asked  for proof of a negative test but they didn’t even look at it. Just took it and filed it. 

YYZ is a ghost town now. Nobody in line.  

LETS GO !!! O
    Any new realizations... would have to wait...
    Til he had more time,... more time...
    Time to dream,... to himself... he waves goodbye,
    To himself... I'll see you on the other side...
    andrew68 said:
    At YYZ ….. no request at all for proof of vax…not from AC, not from US immigration….only AC asked  for proof of a negative test but they didn’t even look at it. Just took it and filed it. 

YYZ is a ghost town now. Nobody in line.  

LETS GO !!! O
    Are you saying an image would not be good enough for proof of negative test?
    demetrios said:

Thanks!
    Can I get some back up on this, please folks!

Just saw the encore festival merchant queue and there is only a slim chance I'm doing a long queue with a tired, possibly whining, impatient and bored child.
  • I’m staying in Santa Ana and looking for a reputable spot to get the PCR test on Friday before the show. Anyone have any suggestions? Want the results back within 24-36 hours. 
    Any help is greatly appreciated 
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,463
    Any of you people going to show have mixed vaccines? For example did you get an AZ and Moderna or Pfizer? I had heard on the local radio news last night that the US isn't recognizing people that have mixed vaccines and won't be allowed to cross boarder. 
    I personally received AZ & Moderna. I was hoping on going to Florida for a vacation in December and now a little worried. 
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • BLACK35 said:
    Any of you people going to show have mixed vaccines? For example did you get an AZ and Moderna or Pfizer? I had heard on the local radio news last night that the US isn't recognizing people that have mixed vaccines and won't be allowed to cross boarder. 
    I personally received AZ & Moderna. I was hoping on going to Florida for a vacation in December and now a little worried. 
    I have AZ-Pfizer-Pfizer. Got the booster shot on September 9th. Albertans were allowed to get the booster if they planned on travelling. 
  • I’m AZ/Pfizer and no issues, great show last night! 🤟
  • Just got my PCR test done in my hotel room. It took less than 5 minutes and I’ll get the result within 24 hrs. Pretty convenient. I’m now more likely to move closer to the stage tonight. 

Saw on the news this morning that Orange County’s COVID positivity rate is now at its lowest since July. 

Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Costa Rica 11

Just got my PCR test done in my hotel room. It took less than 5 minutes and I’ll get the result within 24 hrs. Pretty convenient. I’m now more likely to move closer to the stage tonight. 

Saw on the news this morning that Orange County’s COVID positivity rate is now at its lowest since July. 
    Cost?
  • PJNB said:
    Just got my PCR test done in my hotel room. It took less than 5 minutes and I’ll get the result within 24 hrs. Pretty convenient. I’m now more likely to move closer to the stage tonight. 

Cost?
    $199. Not cheap, but still worth it. 

Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Costa Rica 11

PJNB said:

Cost?
    $199. Not cheap, but still worth it. 
    Not bad at all and nice job finding that out. I have to pay $250 CAD to get a test now in Canada. I still do not want one in the US just in case it is positive. This way I know before I fly if I am fucked at least. 
  • Just got my PCR test done in my hotel room. It took less than 5 minutes and I’ll get the result within 24 hrs. Pretty convenient. I’m now more likely to move closer to the stage tonight. 

Have a link for this service you can share? 
    edited September 2021
    My brother and I just got tested to fly back to Vancouver on Monday via CVS pharmacy. Booked the test a week ago. Lady said 1-2 days for the result. If we don’t get results back by 3 on Monday with flight at 6pm maybe have to pay an arm and leg for rapid test. 

Would recommend using this as it was FREE, saving over $150, but do it 70 hours before flight to make sure you get results. I’ll be a bit stressed now worrying about getting results back 

^ more details pls. CVS where? Used hotel as address? How did you get out of the social security-residence question at booking? Left blank?
    CVS in san elemente. 602 n el Camino road. I simply Used my hotel address as info. 
    I thought they would ask about insurance info, but they never did. The documentation they gave me mentioned some random insurance company, I guess they filled that in as I surely didn’t. I booked the test a week ago so I don’t remember what I did for  social security, sorry. I assume I left it blank