Options

2022 North American rumour thread take 2

Comments

• Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,664
    edited December 2021
    Zod said:
    Can’t speak for Europe or Canada shows, but I don’t see Omicron slowing down any touring in the USA, no matter how bad it gets.  

It doesn’t make sense to assume shows would get postponed when we don’t even have mask mandates at this point.  Any restrictions would go the way of mask mandates first.  

Also, there are literally so many shows scheduled for 2022 in the US that canceling them would lead to a total collapse of the touring industry. 

When the March 2020 tour was canceled, COVID was new, scary and we knew nothing about it.

Come March 2022, everyone in the US will have had access to not only a vaccine but a booster as well, and we know exponentially more about the disease and it’s variants.  We are at a completely different place now than when the initial cancelations of shows all over we’re postponed.

Best thing we can do is continue to have private venues/companies/employers mandate vaccines on their own accord and move forward.  Everyone joining together and voluntary getting the shot is never, ever going to happen.  And I’m down for a national vaccine mandate, I just have no clue how you actually get that done.  Hopefully the non Vaxxed will be inconvenienced enough by restrictions that they ultimately get it and help slow this down.  But I do agree that Covid will be in our lives for the rest of our days at least, in some form or another.

TL;Dr
    I think its early and aggressive to assume an entire tour will be postponed again while even the most basic of restrictions have not been reimplemented across the country, and while the lead singer of the band we love announced an indoor tour in the most populated cities in this country in the heart of flu and cold season.
    I don't know.  There's still a lot of unknowns with variants.  Where I live only introduce restrictions yesterday, so I imagine if the US did any it would be quite a bit after.  Also the USA isn't a unified front.   The whole country doesn't do the same thing.   You might have some states introduce stricter measures than other states.   That could make touring hard.

I think it's still in wait and see mode.  It seem the vaccines do much less against omicron, so I'm not sure people being double vaxed does all that much.  On the flip side it's also mentioned that the severity of the virus might not be as bad, so maybe less people have complications from it.   But it also spreads like wildfire, so more people getting, but a lower hospitalization rate, could still lead to overflowing hospitals.

I dunno. If I've learned anything in the last 2 years is no one is clairvoyant.    Everyone's been making it up as they go a long as new information comes out.  This wave is still early on, things will change as it advances.  Hopefully for the better.  I really want the mega happy ending where omicron really is less severe, everyone gets it, gets some kind of immunity to Covid19, and we move on with minimal casualties.

Yeah, no doubt it is in jeopardy if the restrictions end up being reinforced.  I just think until that happens, these shows in the USA are going to be a go, especially with EV announcing his February shows.  Honestly, I think if they had any concerns at all, those shows wouldn't have been announced.  Not only that, but he even added a show.  That tour starts in 6 and a half short weeks, which would likely be right in the peak of this current wave and the post holiday surge which is almost a guarantee as people gather for Christmas and New Years.

They have already taken their stand and played it safe.  If they can play venues in line with local restrictions, they will play.  If the restrictions in place don't allow them to, they wont.  But I dont think we will see any further delays solely related to the bands desire to postpone.
    Post edited by Weston1283 on
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,590
    JDime20 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    This tour is porked again.

We will all have screen burn for the tickets on our TM apps before ever actually get to see these shows.
    Covid is never going away. The vaccine failed. They retire or accept it. Those are the choices. Pneumonia is far scarier then omnicron. Ain't no tour ever been canceled for pneumonia 
    WTF dude. I think the Fox & Friends forum misses you. 
    I dont watch that. Looking forward to the tour as announced. It won't be canceled. They don't want plan b. Some of you say uninformed. But really I just stated some facts.
    Those aren’t facts. The vaccine isn’t failing. The countless people refusing to get it and running around maskless are failing.  

• Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,592
    JDime20 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    This tour is porked again.

We will all have screen burn for the tickets on our TM apps before ever actually get to see these shows.
    Covid is never going away. The vaccine failed. They retire or accept it. Those are the choices. Pneumonia is far scarier then omnicron. Ain't no tour ever been canceled for pneumonia 
    WTF dude. I think the Fox & Friends forum misses you. 
    I dont watch that. Looking forward to the tour as announced. It won't be canceled. They don't want plan b. Some of you say uninformed. But really I just stated some facts.
    Those aren’t facts. The vaccine isn’t failing. The countless people refusing to get it and running around maskless are failing.  

Absolutely!
  • Options
    uglybabouglybabo Posts: 518
    Zod said:
    Can’t speak for Europe or Canada shows, but I don’t see Omicron slowing down any touring in the USA, no matter how bad it gets.  

It doesn’t make sense to assume shows would get postponed when we don’t even have mask mandates at this point.  Any restrictions would go the way of mask mandates first.  

Also, there are literally so many shows scheduled for 2022 in the US that canceling them would lead to a total collapse of the touring industry. 

When the March 2020 tour was canceled, COVID was new, scary and we knew nothing about it.

Come March 2022, everyone in the US will have had access to not only a vaccine but a booster as well, and we know exponentially more about the disease and it’s variants.  We are at a completely different place now than when the initial cancelations of shows all over we’re postponed.

Best thing we can do is continue to have private venues/companies/employers mandate vaccines on their own accord and move forward.  Everyone joining together and voluntary getting the shot is never, ever going to happen.  And I’m down for a national vaccine mandate, I just have no clue how you actually get that done.  Hopefully the non Vaxxed will be inconvenienced enough by restrictions that they ultimately get it and help slow this down.  But I do agree that Covid will be in our lives for the rest of our days at least, in some form or another.

TL;Dr
    I think its early and aggressive to assume an entire tour will be postponed again while even the most basic of restrictions have not been reimplemented across the country, and while the lead singer of the band we love announced an indoor tour in the most populated cities in this country in the heart of flu and cold season.
    I don't know.  There's still a lot of unknowns with variants.  Where I live only introduce restrictions yesterday, so I imagine if the US did any it would be quite a bit after.  Also the USA isn't a unified front.   The whole country doesn't do the same thing.   You might have some states introduce stricter measures than other states.   That could make touring hard.

I think it's still in wait and see mode.  It seem the vaccines do much less against omicron, so I'm not sure people being double vaxed does all that much.  On the flip side it's also mentioned that the severity of the virus might not be as bad, so maybe less people have complications from it.   But it also spreads like wildfire, so more people getting, but a lower hospitalization rate, could still lead to overflowing hospitals.

I dunno. If I've learned anything in the last 2 years is no one is clairvoyant.    Everyone's been making it up as they go a long as new information comes out.  This wave is still early on, things will change as it advances.  Hopefully for the better.  I really want the mega happy ending where omicron really is less severe, everyone gets it, gets some kind of immunity to Covid19, and we move on with minimal casualties.

Yeah, no doubt it is in jeopardy if the restrictions end up being reinforced.  I just think until that happens, these shows in the USA are going to be a go, especially with EV announcing his February shows.  Honestly, I think if they had any concerns at all, those shows wouldn't have been announced.  Not only that, but he even added a show.  That tour starts in 6 and a half short weeks, which would likely be right in the peak of this current wave and the post holiday surge which is almost a guarantee as people gather for Christmas and New Years.

They have already taken their stand and played it safe.  If they can play venues in line with local restrictions, they will play.  If the restrictions in place don't allow them to, they wont.  But I dont think we will see any further delays solely related to the bands desire to postpone.
    I agree with you, but this Eddie tour was announced and sold before this new surge. 

NYC is going through it right now; 2 broadway shows cancelled this week with the audience already seated. 2 other shows are taking a hiatus and the Rockettes show had to cancel the rest of the Christmas run. 

No one knows what a month, two months or six months will look like. I just don’t know if the band will take a look in January and say ‘10,000 cases a day in NYC - here’s our new dates’. It’s also hard to say as of today if Eddie’s tour will go ahead as scheduled. 

Of course, I’m Canadian and we still have masks mandated indoors and they’re already lowering capacity and cancelling events. 
  • Options
    patkelly12patkelly12 CT Posts: 350
    When will those Neanderthals in NYC ever learn?
  • Options
    JR86440JR86440 Posts: 742
    The band may as well retire if they are considering no shows in 2022. Corona is here indefinitely. Time to move on.  The new strain has already been proven to be much less serious so the hysteria of the media and governments is insane. If you are unvaccinated and over 60 years old, stay home and skip the PJ shows. Everybody else, live your life. Get vaccinated so you do not overwhelm healthcare workers. Pretty simple. 
  • Options
    The world must move forward. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,460
    21k new cases in one day here in NY the most since the beginning of pandemic! I attended the Islanders game on Thursday they’ve implemented mask wearing inside arena but not enforcing it at all..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 4,491
    JR86440 said:
    The band may as well retire if they are considering no shows in 2022. Corona is here indefinitely. Time to move on.  The new strain has already been proven to be much less serious so the hysteria of the media and governments is insane. If you are unvaccinated and over 60 years old, stay home and skip the PJ shows. Everybody else, live your life. Get vaccinated so you do not overwhelm healthcare workers. Pretty simple. 
    They'll take whatever time they need. Yes it is, and we should all do our part to stop the spread. This strain should still be treated seriously. No one in the band wants a single death on their conscience just because they had to satiate the rabid hunger of it's fan base. True fans will wait as long as it takes & will understand, rather than try to pressure them into an uncomfortable touring situation.
    If someone isn't vaccinated, get vaccinated. If you can't get vaccinated (truly can NOT physically get vaccinated, not "oh, I read on Facebook..." type of can't), then stay home. Everyone else: mask up, get the booster, quit whining about tests, & needle jabs, and actually put in an effort to stop the spread, rather than relying on piles of dead bodies for herd immunity. I agree with the last line.
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II. Michael Jordan's #!

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are (thank you, Vegas!), Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job (Vegas!), low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • Options
    In the sense where we should encourage vaccinations to everyone across the board, boosters for those who already are, and wearing masks at indoor venues, then sure. Anything less isn't helping.
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II. Michael Jordan's #!

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are (thank you, Vegas!), Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job (Vegas!), low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • Options
    Go Animal said:
    In the sense where we should encourage vaccinations to everyone across the board, boosters for those who already are, and wearing masks at indoor venues, then sure. Anything less isn't helping.
    In most of that sense and not shutting down again, yes. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    uglybabouglybabo Posts: 518
    Go Animal said:
    In most of that sense and not shutting down again, yes. 
    Aside from the US, restrictions and shutdowns where it’s surging are already happening. 

Even in the US,  the NHL cancelled a few games this weekend and SNL has cast members positive and may be cancelling the show tonight. 

• Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,951
    JR86440 said:
    Nope you oversimplified this. Older and immune compromised people still have to share spaces with un-vaxxed people or vaxxed people subjecting themselves to high risk situations. Large events acting as super spreaders may need to be shut down another time because we were too slow to get vaxxed and opened everything quickly and without proper protocols. 
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    JR86440 said:
    Nope you oversimplified this. Older and immune compromised people still have to share spaces with un-vaxxed people or vaxxed people subjecting themselves to high risk situations. Large events acting as super spreaders may need to be shut down another time because we were too slow to get vaxxed and opened everything quickly and without proper protocols. 
    Have large events that require vax or negative tests even been linked to super spreading though? 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    ?
  • Options
    JR86440 said:
    Have large events that require vax or negative tests even been linked to super spreading though? 
    Here in Toronto and surrounding regions, yes 
  • Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 937
    21k new cases in one day here in NY the most since the beginning of pandemic! I attended the Islanders game on Thursday they’ve implemented mask wearing inside arena but not enforcing it at all..
    how many new cases of the common cold today? how many of the common flue today. The omicron virus is said to be about the same if your vaxed, so who gives a shit other than the media and the sheep that follow them? Imagine if three years ago the media tracked new flue cases daily, we would just shrug our shoulders and go about our business. I am thinking that's what this is all about too. For those not vaxed, that's their problem. Don't care anymore. Cant fix stupid. 
  • Options
    DEGBTI said:
    how many new cases of the common cold today? how many of the common flue today. The omicron virus is said to be about the same if your vaxed, so who gives a shit other than the media and the sheep that follow them? Imagine if three years ago the media tracked new flue cases daily, we would just shrug our shoulders and go about our business. I am thinking that's what this is all about too. For those not vaxed, that's their problem. Don't care anymore. Cant fix stupid. 
    Flue?
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,049
    edited December 2021
    DEGBTI said:
    Flue?

Really slow with rumours in here lately...
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    DEGBTI said:
    Flue?

Really slow with rumours in here lately...
    Yup.

• Options
    JR86440JR86440 Posts: 742
    JR86440 said:
    Oversimplified? I think it’s common sense. Don’t drive because you might die in a car accident. Might not even be your fault but it happens every day. Out of your control.  If you actually look at the numbers of people dying I think it’s 70% are 65 or older. If you are old and/or compromised, by all means stay home. If you are everybody else, live your life. If you are scared and want to stay home until the virus is gone, you have that right. If PJ wants to cancel their shows they too have the right. With that being said, we need to learn to live with this pretty much forever. Government shutdowns, masking up kids indefinitely, allowing restaurants at half capacity etc is pure bullshit. I feel bad for those whose livelihoods are being destroyed by government and also by idiots who refuse to get vaccinated. The shutdown in March of 2020 made sense. Now, its a freaking joke. Get the vaccine. If you do, you will not die. You may still get sick like we all did prior to 2020, but you won’t die. Again, common sense
  • Options
    The NFL just went in the direction I feel most others will with their new protocol.  The NFL is a significant enough entity that I think it could pave the way for others.

For those who don’t know, this week there have been entire teams with Covid positive breakouts, in mainly vaccinated players.  

The response was to immediately discontinue daily testing in vaccinated players, and vaccinated players only have to test if symptomatic.

“See no COVID, hear no COVID, speak no COVID”
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,932
    What???
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,966
    ^^Haha that expression is priceless, W. (Also, similar to BCs low testing.)
  • Options
    DEGBTI said:
    lol common cold has not killed 800thousand Americans but keep doing you I’ll keep staying away from the idiots who believe this virus is just like any other, Pearl Jam can retire if they want I’d have zero problem with it..
  • Options
    lol the shows must go on 🤣🤣🤣🤣yeah ok! 
  • Options
    Life cant be the same as before the vaccine. Get it, get a booster, and let’s all live life again. The shows indeed must go on. If they don’t, then they wasted everyones time with false hope and holding money honestly. 

Glad to see the NFL bringing some sense into their policy now. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,049
    edited December 2021
    DEGBTI said:
    lol common cold has not killed 800thousand Americans but keep doing you I’ll keep staying away from the idiots who believe this virus is just like any other, Pearl Jam can retire if they want I’d have zero problem with it..
    He is comparing Omicron to the common cold and flu. That is not what killed 800K and it is too early to tell if that is even true with Omicron.

Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Looking forward to these shows finally being announced in a few short weeks

There are literally thousands of other shows happening on a daily basis.  There are no indications of restrictions being reinforced.  There will be Eddie Vedder shows in 6 weeks and there will be Pearl Jam shows in the USA in May 2022.

It is a guarantee that there is going to be a huge post holiday spike of Omicron and that it is going to get much worse.  Eddie has to know this and I truly just dont believe these shows would have even been announced if there was any concern about playing to a fully vaccinated indoor crowd, no matter how bad it gets, because January and February are going to be horrible for Omicron.
    Post edited by Weston1283 on
  • Options
    vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 861
    edited December 2021
    JR86440 said:
    JR86440 said:
    Oversimplified? I think it’s common sense. Don’t drive because you might die in a car accident. Might not even be your fault but it happens every day. Out of your control.  If you actually look at the numbers of people dying I think it’s 70% are 65 or older. If you are old and/or compromised, by all means stay home. If you are everybody else, live your life. If you are scared and want to stay home until the virus is gone, you have that right. If PJ wants to cancel their shows they too have the right. With that being said, we need to learn to live with this pretty much forever. Government shutdowns, masking up kids indefinitely, allowing restaurants at half capacity etc is pure bullshit. I feel bad for those whose livelihoods are being destroyed by government and also by idiots who refuse to get vaccinated. The shutdown in March of 2020 made sense. Now, its a freaking joke. Get the vaccine. If you do, you will not die. You may still get sick like we all did prior to 2020, but you won’t die. Again, common sense
    Truth, well said.
    Post edited by vedpunk on