Options

2022 North American rumour thread take 2

Comments

• Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,892
    I love how within a handful of posts, people can say that closings/restrictions can flip 180 degrees within a week, yet we expect Dr. Fauci to know exactly how this was going to play out two years ago. Makes a lot of sense. 
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    TH113769TH113769 Posts: 437
    The tour will not be cancelled.  Covid is going nowhere and we need to learn to live with it and the variants that will come in the future.  Pfizer's med being approved this afternoon is massive for those who get Covid and have underlying conditions.  Cases in South Africa rolled over in 23 days and expectations are they will start to roll over in the US in early January.   
    92 - Phoenix; 93 - Mesa; 95 - Phoenix; 98 - Phoenix; 2000- Phoenix; 2003 - San Diego, Las Vegas, Phoenix; 2006 - Denver 1, Denver 2, Las Vegas, San Diego;  2009 - Chicago 1, Chicago 2, San Diego; 2013 - Phoenix, San Diego, LA 1, LA 2, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle; 2014 - Detroit, Moline, Milwaukee, Denver; 2016 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 and 2; 2018 - Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London1, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Werchter, Barca, Missoula, Chicago 1&2, Boston 1&2.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,087
    I love how within a handful of posts, people can say that closings/restrictions can flip 180 degrees within a week, yet we expect Dr. Fauci to know exactly how this was going to play out two years ago. Makes a lot of sense. 
    it's just absurd, isn't it?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152

• Options
    TH113769 said:
    The tour will not be cancelled.  Covid is going nowhere and we need to learn to live with it and the variants that will come in the future.  Pfizer's med being approved this afternoon is massive for those who get Covid and have underlying conditions.  Cases in South Africa rolled over in 23 days and expectations are they will start to roll over in the US in early January.   
    Learn to live with it is 1 thing. Waiting for science to catch up and combat it is another. We’re close on that but anti-vax idiots are delaying the progress. 
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    Learn to live with it is 1 thing. Waiting for science to catch up and combat it is another. We’re close on that but anti-vax idiots are delaying the progress. 
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,454
    3days said:
    Case in point https://twitter.com/cnn/status/1473961370039336966?s=21 if we have cops doing this you can bet we will be in this mess for years to come!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Figured we would have a rumor by now. Last update we got was MSG in November. Been listening to a lot of 2003 shows, and man do I miss the cities they used to hit!
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    MakeUSmileMakeUSmile NJ Posts: 1,069
    Phish just postponed their NYE eve MSG run to 4/20-4/23 due to Omicron variant surge in NYC. They made note of the significant number of people who travel for theses shows and want to avoid accelerating of transmission. 
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,644
    edited December 2021
    MMJ just canceled their 3 night NY run in Denver. 
    Post edited by ComeToTX on
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,222
    Here we go… either EV will postpone and I’ll have another shot af tickets, or he’ll hold steady and people will cancel and I’ll still have a shot at tickets. =)
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    Tool’s supposed to kick off their tour 2 weeks from Monday. 

If there’s as big a spike after the holidays as expected, I can’t imagine the first leg of the tour won’t be impacted. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,925
    Tool’s supposed to kick off their tour 2 weeks from Monday. 

If there’s as big a spike after the holidays as expected, I can’t imagine the first leg of the tour won’t be impacted. 
    I’m so over this man. As soon as it feels like we’re almost there, it gets worse. 
  • Options
    Screw it. If I'm gonna get Covid, let it be this variant. I'm triple vax'd and willing to roll the dice at this point. Bring on the concerts, I can't take it anymore.
  • Options
    I guess the pessimist/realist in me says there is next to zero chance of PJ concerts in 2022.  And I’m only cautiously optimistic about 2023.

I understand we have to learn to live with this virus.  I truly do.  But as a society I don’t think we are anywhere near prepared to do so.  At this rate it will be years of dealing with it and our respective healthcare systems trying to manage its casualties.

PJ concerts are the least of my worries these days.  I’m too busy trying to navigate my family through these weird times.  (Which is probably why today is the 1st day I’ve posted on the forum in a long time.)

I wish you all a happy holiday season.  Maybe you even get a 2022/2023 PJ tour announcement from Santa.  :)

Here’s to hoping for a better tomorrow for us all...

- Uncle Snuffy
    Soldier Field - Jul 11, 1995, Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996,
    Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Stadium - Nov 14, 1997,
    Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Stadium - Nov 15, 1997, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 26, 1998, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 27, 1998, United Center - Jun 29, 1998, Riverport Amphitheatre - Jul 02, 1998, Allstate Arena - Oct 09, 2000, Assembly Hall - Apr 23, 2003
    United Center - Jun 18, 2003, Fox Theatre - Oct 05, 2004, United Center - May 16, 2006, United Center - May 17, 2006, United Center - Aug 23, 2009, United Center - Aug 24, 2009, Sprint Center - May 03, 2010, Scottrade Center - May 04, 2010, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011
  • Options
    They kept shows scheduled through Delta, which for now looks much worse than omicron. 
  • Options
    We just had a fall that was filled with concerts. There is no going back 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    With certain areas adding more restrictions back, apparently yes there is going back.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,567
    I don’t think “there is a going back” in a 2020 sense.  But I do think there is going to be periods with a stop/start nature.  Where we temporarily pull back or require masks indoors or proof of vaccinations.  The problem is that these temporary pauses are difficult to predict and they can wreak havoc on any activities that require advance planning like a concert tour.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    At this point what is the objective of canceling anything? It won’t stop the spread or lessen the cases. It won’t convince people after a year to get vaccinated. It’s really just theater. 
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    I don’t think “there is a going back” in a 2020 sense.  But I do think there is going to be periods with a stop/start nature.  Where we temporarily pull back or require masks indoors or proof of vaccinations.  The problem is that these temporary pauses are difficult to predict and they can wreak havoc on any activities that require advance planning like a concert tour.  
    Maybe I missed something, but weren’t most requiring vax or proof of negative test already? 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,567
    edited December 2021
    on2legs said:
    Maybe I missed something, but weren’t most requiring vax or proof of negative test already? 
    I’m speaking in general.  Like in New York State they are requiring fans attending Buffalo Bills games to show proof of vaccinations even though it’s outdoors. 

Post edited by on2legs on
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    jp130424jp130424 San Diego Posts: 12
    but anti-vax idiots are delaying the progress...
    What progress? NFL is 95% vax, NBA is 97% vax, and NHL is almost 100% vax, and ALL are overwhelmed by covid cases and hitting new covid case highs. 100% vaxxed cruise ship had 17 covid cases. ( https://bit.ly/3JgZNDu )

Please explain this "progress" you're making. Vax doesn't prevent infection or transmission. 

Bottom line, this disease will be around 50 years from now. Time to live life not in fear.
  • Options
    Add The Strokes to the growing list of cancelled/postponed shows. 
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,184
    ComeToTX said:
    At this point what is the objective of canceling anything? It won’t stop the spread or lessen the cases. It won’t convince people after a year to get vaccinated. It’s really just theater. 
    Yup. Time to move on with life. Covid isn’t going anywhere. Have to learn to live with it. Stop the charade. 
  • Options
    ComeToTX said:
    Yup. Time to move on with life. Covid isn’t going anywhere. Have to learn to live with it. Stop the charade. 
    Almost two years. No one is learning to live with it. This year was worse than last year somehow with 3 vaccines , boosters galore, doses for children etc… more deaths. More cases. It’s never ending. “No one saw this coming”. Really? We’ve been warned about variants for the past year. No one saw this coming? Ok. 
  • Options
    patkelly12patkelly12 CT Posts: 349
    Tyranny is "progress" for some.
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,184
    nicknyr15 said:
    ComeToTX said:
    Almost two years. No one is learning to live with it. This year was worse than last year somehow with 3 vaccines , boosters galore, doses for children etc… more deaths. More cases. It’s never ending. “No one saw this coming”. Really? We’ve been warned about variants for the past year. No one saw this coming? Ok. 
    I’ll say this and then I’m done talking about stupid fucking Covid in here. Why is the major focus not on TREATMENTS!  Most focus for two years now has been prevention. Two weeks to slow the spread is now two years. Prevention isn’t fucking working. The focus needs to be shifted to how to better treat Covid. The end. Not gonna get into further discussion in what’s supposed to be a fun tour rumor thread. 
  • Options
    ComeToTX said:
    I think some of it is public perception and the impact on sales. If people feel like artists/companies are being “reckless” it could hurt image/sales. Not speaking of PJ specifically but thinking of all the Broadway shows that have shuttered for the remainder of the year. If Broadway was in another area that didn’t care as much they certainly would have continued. 

It’s all about local law and maximizing sales. Both are driven by the opinions of the constituents/buyers.

My 2c.
  • Options
    johnny__utahjohnny__utah New Brunswick, Canada Posts: 196
    Hopefully Omicron is the end-ish game of covid as we know it and it becomes more an endemic status in next couple of months as experts and media are starting to speculate. Looking forward to getting those 2022 dates very soon!