2022 North American rumour thread take 2

Comments

• Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,307
    J.F'ng.C
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,631
    This is why we can’t have nice things.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    DM282158DM282158 Beverly, MA Posts: 530
    Remember back in 2019 when we were all frustrated and disappointed that there no rumors of shows, and no new music hints for the majority of the calendar year?

Those were good times. 
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • Options
    KL159781KL159781 Posts: 118
    Looking forward to these shows finally being announced in a few short weeks

There are literally thousands of other shows happening on a daily basis.  There are no indications of restrictions being reinforced.  There will be Eddie Vedder shows in 6 weeks and there will be Pearl Jam shows in the USA in May 2022.

It is a guarantee that there is going to be a huge post holiday spike of Omicron and that it is going to get much worse.  Eddie has to know this and I truly just dont believe these shows would have even been announced if there was any concern about playing to a fully vaccinated indoor crowd, no matter how bad it gets, because January and February are going to be horrible for Omicron.
    I don’t see Eddie’s tour going ahead in February if NY or CA do like some Canadian provinces and reduce capacity at events to 50%. With only 9 dates, if he loses 2-4 dates, the entire tour will be postponed.
  • Options
    DM282158 said:
    Remember back in 2019 when we were all frustrated and disappointed that there no rumors of shows, and no new music hints for the majority of the calendar year?

Those were good times. 
    Ain't that the truth
    1992: 7/25 Denver, CO (Lollapalooza)
    1993: 11/30 Las Vegas, NV (Vault #5) - 12/1 Las Vegas, NV
    1998: 7/11 Las Vegas, NV
    2000: 10/22 Las Vegas, NV (10th anniversary)
    2003: 4/1 Denver, CO
    2006: 7/3 Denver, CO
    2014: 10/22 Denver, CO
    2020: 4/11 Phoenix, AZ
    2022: 5/9 Phoenix, AZ - 5/20 Las Vegas, NV

Eddie Vedder/Earthlings
    2022: 10/7 Las Vegas, NV
  • Options
    KL159781 said:

There are literally thousands of other shows happening on a daily basis.  There are no indications of restrictions being reinforced.  There will be Eddie Vedder shows in 6 weeks and there will be Pearl Jam shows in the USA in May 2022.

It is a guarantee that there is going to be a huge post holiday spike of Omicron and that it is going to get much worse.  Eddie has to know this and I truly just dont believe these shows would have even been announced if there was any concern about playing to a fully vaccinated indoor crowd, no matter how bad it gets, because January and February are going to be horrible for Omicron.
    I don’t see Eddie’s tour going ahead in February if NY or CA do like some Canadian provinces and reduce capacity at events to 50%. With only 9 dates, if he loses 2-4 dates, the entire tour will be postponed.
    Maybe Omicron will be so contagious that it will go quickly and will have subsided by Feb.  No clue if that has any scientific merit, and obviously hoping it is mild - which is not really known so far.  

With the Earthlings being a secondary project for the individuals in the group I wonder when next they would all be free for a 3 week block or so.  

Hoping this isn’t all bad karma due to the platinum ticket pricing…
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    Is 3 shots fully vaccinated now?  Asking for a friend.
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,510
    KL159781 said:

Maybe Omicron will be so contagious that it will go quickly and will have subsided by Feb.  No clue if that has any scientific merit, and obviously hoping it is mild - which is not really known so far.  

With the Earthlings being a secondary project for the individuals in the group I wonder when next they would all be free for a 3 week block or so.  

I was having the same conversation with my wife about Omicron.  Maybe it will be a quick peak and then tail off with hopefully continued mild symptoms. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legs said:
    KL159781 said:

I was having the same conversation with my wife about Omicron.  Maybe it will be a quick peak and then tail off with hopefully continued mild symptoms. 
    I love it that we try to find some positive anywhere we can. 

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

• Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,932
    ^ I think the issue with the possibility of Omicron hitting like a tsunami and then subsiding quickly is that there is very little time for decisions to be made from the EV camp.  Even if this thing is done in 30 days from now, that's more time than what they'll need to cancel if they plan to.  Can't cancel less than 2 weeks before shows.  I guess you can, but not ideal.  All that said, unless there is pressure from outside forces (i.e. local governments, collapsing healthcare, etc.), I think the shows go on.  Adding a show just last week says a lot about their mindset.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,510
    on2legs said:
    KL159781 said:

I love it that we try to find some positive anywhere we can. 
    =)
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,650
    bbiggs said:
    ^ I think the issue with the possibility of Omicron hitting like a tsunami and then subsiding quickly is that there is very little time for decisions to be made from the EV camp.  Even if this thing is done in 30 days from now, that's more time than what they'll need to cancel if they plan to.  Can't cancel less than 2 weeks before shows.  I guess you can, but not ideal.  All that said, unless there is pressure from outside forces (i.e. local governments, collapsing healthcare, etc.), I think the shows go on.  Adding a show just last week says a lot about their mindset.

2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,947

ed's shows were announced prior to the knowledge of omicron. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited December 2021
    For those who think the Ed Shows will get canceled

Do you just think that they will as in a prediction?  

Or do you want them to get canceled / Will you think less of him and the band if Omicron rages and the shows still happen as scheduled?
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    I would think more highly of him and the band for continuing. Just like so many other bands are and will. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options

Not totally true.  Omicron was identified in the USA on the day of the announcement and there was already signs of an initial spike at time of announcement as well.  There has also since been an added show.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/world/live-news/omicron-covid-19-variant-12-01-21/index.html

• Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    edited December 2021
    I would think more highly of him and the band for continuing. Just like so many other bands are and will. 
    Me too. I think most expected a big spike in cases during cold weather so I assume they factored this in when planning shows in the dead of winter in the most populated cities.  Im already getting ready for the Pi variant!
    Post edited by Noload on
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    Noload said:
    Is 3 shots fully vaccinated now?  Asking for a friend.
    It is still two shots for now.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,608
    For Chicago, when you have already sold 12 shows, why pull the sale on the 13th show?  All in at this point.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,984
    The new Spiderman movie just had the third biggest opening weekend of all time. If OMICRON is as contagious as we have been told then there is no way that's not going to be an enormous super spreader. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    iamloco724iamloco724 Brooklyn NY Posts: 1,441
    If omicron is mild which it's very much looking to be. Why would anyone cancel tours or do anything that was done before? Even the white house messaging on this is to keep moving forward, if you're unvaccinated that's on you. 
  • Options

Not totally true.  Omicron was identified in the USA on the day of the announcement and there was already signs of an initial spike at time of announcement as well.  There has also since been an added show.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/world/live-news/omicron-covid-19-variant-12-01-21/index.html

same day, so essentially the same thing as what I said. so the announcement was already in the pipeline. pulling the announcement the day of without knowing the facts would have had disastrous effects. also, at that time, it wasn't known if omicron was vaccine resistant or not. we now know more about that. 

I don't know if he'll cancel or not. I also don't know if he should or shouldn't. But given the history of this band's reaction to all of this, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he does. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    uglybabouglybabo Posts: 518

Or do you want them to get canceled / Will you think less of him and the band if Omicron rages and the shows still happen as scheduled?
    I myself wouldn’t think less of him/the band if they continue on, but this feeling that the pandemic is over seems to be a very US-centric state of mind; I know that there will be a time that COVID becomes endemic but just stating that it is doesn’t make it true for now. 

Bars, gyms, movie theatres, concert venues and spas must close as of 5 p.m. Monday. Restaurants will have to reduce their capacity to 50 per cent and limit their hours to 5-10 p.m. Professional sports will have to be held without audiences.’

And Hamilton on Broadway just cancelled through Christmas. 

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,984
    edited December 2021
    I didn't believe we'd be seeing cancellations like this a few weeks ago. I have no idea what to expect come February and March. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,006
    JimmyV said:
    I didn't believe we'd be seeing cancellations like this a few weeks ago. I have no idea what to expect come February and March. 
    Very true. Knee jerk reaction due to cases about to skyrocket or is there actual proof that this variant is more than the common cold symptom wise. Better safe than sorry I guess but how long do we go with this mind set? 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    JimmyV said:
    Very true. Knee jerk reaction due to cases about to skyrocket or is there actual proof that this variant is more than the common cold symptom wise. Better safe than sorry I guess but how long do we go with this mind set? 
    I don't think it's been around long enough to have any real determinable data on that yet. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited December 2021
    JimmyV said:
    Yeah, me too. I was going to enter for the Earthling shows and the main reason I didn’t was mostly financial and proximity to possible May dates. Didn’t think that they’d have a chance to be cancelled. 

And it’s possible that May/June may be better for touring but I think expecting them to announce those dates in January is optimistic. 
    Post edited by uglybabo on
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,799
    Can someone rename this thread to 2022 Covid rumour thread take 2?

Nothing to do but wait for the schedule announcement early next year, stay as safe as you can, and know your options if things change.
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,222
    uglybabo said:

I myself wouldn’t think less of him/the band if they continue on, but this feeling that the pandemic is over seems to be a very US-centric state of mind; I know that there will be a time that COVID becomes endemic but just stating that it is doesn’t make it true for now. 

‘ Bars, gyms, movie theatres, concert venues and spas must close as of 5 p.m. Monday. Restaurants will have to reduce their capacity to 50 per cent and limit their hours to 5-10 p.m. Professional sports will have to be held without audiences.’

Hamilton closing is big bucks gone. Wow.

Canada is also looking like it’s adding restrictions back? Or at least Quebec. https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.6292622
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    uglybabo said:

‘ Bars, gyms, movie theatres, concert venues and spas must close as of 5 p.m. Monday. Restaurants will have to reduce their capacity to 50 per cent and limit their hours to 5-10 p.m. Professional sports will have to be held without audiences.’

Hamilton closing is big bucks gone. Wow.

Canada is also looking like it’s adding restrictions back? Or at least Quebec. https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.6292622
    Yeah NYC in rough shape; 4 Broadway shows cancelled through Christmas, the Radio City Christmas cancelled altogether and LCD Soundsystem couldn’t conclude their Brooklyn run. 

Yeah Quebec is as of five today. In Ontario restrictions are back but we’re expecting closures pretty soon too.