Options

2022 North American rumour thread take 2

Comments

• Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,222
    Ugh NYC has a month and change to get it together before Eddie comes!! 
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    DM282158DM282158 Beverly, MA Posts: 530
    uglybabo said:
    uglybabo said:
    For those who think the Ed Shows will get canceled

Do you just think that they will as in a prediction?  

Or do you want them to get canceled / Will you think less of him and the band if Omicron rages and the shows still happen as scheduled?
    I myself wouldn’t think less of him/the band if they continue on, but this feeling that the pandemic is over seems to be a very US-centric state of mind; I know that there will be a time that COVID becomes endemic but just stating that it is doesn’t make it true for now. 

‘ Bars, gyms, movie theatres, concert venues and spas must close as of 5 p.m. Monday. Restaurants will have to reduce their capacity to 50 per cent and limit their hours to 5-10 p.m. Professional sports will have to be held without audiences.’

And Hamilton on Broadway just cancelled through Christmas. 

Hamilton closing is big bucks gone. Wow.

Canada is also looking like it’s adding restrictions back? Or at least Quebec. https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.6292622
    Yeah NYC in rough shape; 4 Broadway shows cancelled through Christmas, the Radio City Christmas cancelled altogether and LCD Soundsystem couldn’t conclude their Brooklyn run. 

Yeah Quebec is as of five today. In Ontario restrictions are back but we’re expecting closures pretty soon too. 
    Any government financial assistance for those businesses being forced to close?
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    What’s the over/under on Ed’s solo tour happening? Pretty shit timing, but hopefully ya’ll will get your fix!! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,664
    edited December 2021
    Looks like any NYC shutdowns will have to come from the Mayor as the governor has no plans to do so 

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/coronavirus/ny-sets-single-day-covid-case-record-for-4th-straight-day-state-health-chief-a-breakthrough-covid-case/3460230/?amp

"It's not March of 2020. It's not even December of 2020. Just to keep things in perspective, it is milder than delta," Hochul said of omicron. "We are avoiding a government shutdown because we now have the tools available to all of us -- vaccinations, booster shots, masks -- particularly for the variant we're dealing with."

Im sticking with 100% chance of EV happening and of most of the rescheduled shows being announced within the first 3 weeks of January as planned (as I believe Baltimore is canceled and MSG + Canada will happen in late 2022)
    Post edited by Weston1283 on
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    De Blasio will not shut down. He has 2 weeks left. Adams will not shut down, he will be just starting and is relatively moderate. 

DM282158 said:
    uglybabo said:
    uglybabo said:

Or do you want them to get canceled / Will you think less of him and the band if Omicron rages and the shows still happen as scheduled?
    I myself wouldn’t think less of him/the band if they continue on, but this feeling that the pandemic is over seems to be a very US-centric state of mind; I know that there will be a time that COVID becomes endemic but just stating that it is doesn’t make it true for now. 

‘ Bars, gyms, movie theatres, concert venues and spas must close as of 5 p.m. Monday. Restaurants will have to reduce their capacity to 50 per cent and limit their hours to 5-10 p.m. Professional sports will have to be held without audiences.’

Canada is also looking like it’s adding restrictions back? Or at least Quebec. https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.6292622
    Yeah NYC in rough shape; 4 Broadway shows cancelled through Christmas, the Radio City Christmas cancelled altogether and LCD Soundsystem couldn’t conclude their Brooklyn run. 

Yeah Quebec is as of five today. In Ontario restrictions are back but we’re expecting closures pretty soon too. 
    Are they really being forced? Closing for a duration I believe is their choice. Canceling a performance day of after test results from the cast is another story. But it is a grey area. I’m sure the lawyers are reading everything closely. 
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    KL159781KL159781 Posts: 118
    I don’t believe that Vedder or the promoter will postpone this tour unless it gets pulled out from under them if cities or states enact restrictions on capacity. I would say there is a 0% of it happening in February if both NY and CA enact restrictions. If only NY were to, there’s a slight chance they would go ahead with the remaining 7 dates, as NYC is the beginning. If only the 2 shows in CA got restricted, I would think it unlikely to procede as there would be 9 days off between Chicago and Seattle. It’s too expensive to keep band and crew paid during that time with no income from shows coming in.
  • Options
    I would bet the ticket pricing is covering some of the spread here!

KL159781 said:
    I don’t believe that Vedder or the promoter will postpone this tour unless it gets pulled out from under them if cities or states enact restrictions on capacity. I would say there is a 0% of it happening in February if both NY and CA enact restrictions. If only NY were to, there’s a slight chance they would go ahead with the remaining 7 dates, as NYC is the beginning. If only the 2 shows in CA got restricted, I would think it unlikely to procede as there would be 9 days off between Chicago and Seattle. It’s too expensive to keep band and crew paid during that time with no income from shows coming in.

• Options
    KL159781KL159781 Posts: 118
    I would bet the ticket pricing is covering some of the spread here!

KL159781 said:

You may be right about that. The high prices could  be to either pay increased insurance costs in case all 9 dates can’t be played, or to be able to pay for it directly out of the extra cash brought in from higher prices and Platinum seats.
  • Options
    Looks like any NYC shutdowns will have to come from the Mayor as the governor has no plans to do so 

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/coronavirus/ny-sets-single-day-covid-case-record-for-4th-straight-day-state-health-chief-a-breakthrough-covid-case/3460230/?amp

"It's not March of 2020. It's not even December of 2020. Just to keep things in perspective, it is milder than delta," Hochul said of omicron. "We are avoiding a government shutdown because we now have the tools available to all of us -- vaccinations, booster shots, masks -- particularly for the variant we're dealing with."

Im sticking with 100% chance of EV happening and of most of the rescheduled shows being announced within the first 3 weeks of January as planned (as I believe Baltimore is canceled and MSG + Canada will happen in late 2022)
    100%? The only certainty these days is uncertainty.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    uglybabouglybabo Posts: 518
    edited December 2021
    De Blasio will not shut down. He has 2 weeks left. Adams will not shut down, he will be just starting and is relatively moderate. 

DM282158 said:
    uglybabo said:
    uglybabo said:

Are they really being forced? Closing for a duration I believe is their choice. Canceling a performance day of after test results from the cast is another story. But it is a grey area. I’m sure the lawyers are reading everything closely. 
    The NYC closings are the producers forced to close because of multiple positive tests. 

The closures here in Canada, in Quebec and to a lesser extent Ontario, are government mandates. 

The NHL is also shutting down through Christmas. 

More restrictions coming to BC tomorrow; and in the US, Biden will address the nation tomorrow night about Omicron; again with the way they cancelled the tour in 2020 prior to any official shutdowns doesn’t bode well for a January announcement. 

Post edited by uglybabo on
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,637
    I remember talking with smart people at a holiday party in Dec 2019 where they said Europe will be fine in July 2020. 

Then talked to other smart people in fall of 2020 that said Europe will be open for business in July 2021.

There are no guarantees anymore.  Plan for the best and worst I guess

• Options
    A week ago here in Montreal we were attending hockey games in full arenas. Concerts in packed venues. Partying in bar and restaurants. Planning for Christmas with all the family.

A week later, all is shut down. Things change so quickly it’s hard to guess what’s going to happen in a few days. 6 weeks sure is far down the road. 

The last 21 months taught me this: the less expectations, the less disappointment. 

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

• Options
    edited December 2021
    Office is closed tomorrow for omicron. The rest of the week was work from home but they added a day. And they do not like to add work from home days. 100% everyone in for the past two months.

Contrast: in Birmingham I had someone recently say to me “now that the pandemic is over” :lol:
    Post edited by OceansJenny on
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,087
    my work is still on pace to INCREASE our office presence in the new year to minimum 3 days per week, up from our current 1 day. in a zoom meeting today I asked about it; my director said the exec team has been talking; wait and see. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    We were supposed to go back to the office one day a week in early 2022 but that has been put on the back burner for now 
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,951
    Not gonna lie I’m jealous of everyone who doesn’t have to go in full time. I’ve been back to full time for over 6 months and before that it was 3 days a week. I’m close to nyc too. 
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    i hate everything. hank was right.
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    Dr Fauci predicts that this wave will subside by March.
  • Options
    uglybabo said:

DM282158 said:
    uglybabo said:
    uglybabo said:

The NYC closings are the producers forced to close because of multiple positive tests. 

The closures here in Canada, in Quebec and to a lesser extent Ontario, are government mandates. 

More restrictions coming to BC tomorrow; and in the US, Biden will address the nation tomorrow night about Omicron; again with the way they cancelled the tour in 2020 prior to any official shutdowns doesn’t bode well for a January announcement. 

I'm not a scientist or a doctor, but I've heard the NHL is a bit of an exception. You have athletes breathing harder than normal (all sports), but you also have moisture from the ice adding a bit of an "energy boost" to COVID. I've also heard that the boards/glass around the rinks aren't necessarily helping things.

While it's definitely concerning the NHL is shutting down, this seems to be more of a "blip" than a major concern and "OMGZ March 2020 all over again."
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    uglybabo said:

DM282158 said:
    uglybabo said:
    uglybabo said:

I'm not a scientist or a doctor, but I've heard the NHL is a bit of an exception. You have athletes breathing harder than normal (all sports), but you also have moisture from the ice adding a bit of an "energy boost" to COVID. I've also heard that the boards/glass around the rinks aren't necessarily helping things.

While it's definitely concerning the NHL is shutting down, this seems to be more of a "blip" than a major concern and "OMGZ March 2020 all over again."
    A factor for NHL must be all the cross border games.  Also with the Olympic break available for makeups they can take their time and reschedule.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    uglybabouglybabo Posts: 518
    uglybabo said:

DM282158 said:
    uglybabo said:
    uglybabo said:

A factor for NHL must be all the cross border games.  Also with the Olympic break available for makeups they can take their time and reschedule.  
    Yeah you’re right - they first cancelled the cross border games; but after dropping out of the Olympics they’ll have plenty of time to reschedule as needed. 

They’re stopping food/alcohol sales to help enforce masking and have cut attendance to 50% for all events here in Toronto. I think locally, we will see a slew of cancellations if these restrictions continue. 
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,168
    3days said:
    Similar soundings here in England. News out today that the strain is milder and our Chief Medical Officer has said he expects it to peak in January and all tail off very quickly. My guess is that the North American and European tours are likely, just the EV tour which is a question mark 
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,925
    3days said:
    Oh. I feel so much better now. He’s been spot on from the start with everything he said. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    3days said:
    Oh. I feel so much better now. He’s been spot on from the start with everything he said. 
    🤣
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    People seem to be worried about tours being cancelled. I was just trying to inject some positivity, based on expert analysis. Most scientific predictions seem to indicate that this wave will significantly mitigate in 8 weeks or less.

Or, as Dr Anthony Fauci stated, by March.

• Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,184
    nicknyr15 said:
    3days said:
    🤣🤣🤣  

I can’t stand Fauci. 
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,644
    Oh good...we've moved on to the Fauci segment of the tour rumor thread.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,184
    ComeToTX said:
    Oh good...we've moved on to the Fauci segment of the tour rumor thread.
    Maybe he can tell us when and how the band can get together to rehearse for a tour? Thanks 
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,755
    edited December 2021
    We are doing pretty good out here. :/ 

Hopefully it gets under control till "tour time".
    Post edited by demetrios on