2022 North American rumour thread take 2

Comments

• ZodZod Posts: 10,516
    uglybabo said:
    “Sources say much stronger measures were discussed with premiers and Prime Minister Justin Trudeau during a Tuesday evening call. The proposed measures included whether to implement a ban on all non-essential foreign travellers into Canada, including from the United States, and stricter quarantine and testing measures for travellers who are allowed into Canada, including returning Canadians and permanent residents.“

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canada-travel-restrictions-1.6285823

Now thinking that there could be some tougher regulations for Canadians getting to the February Vedder dates; hopefully this is resolved before the Spring. 
    Except they never really stopped anyone from flying in the first place. Sooooo………..🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

That was a loophole. The US didn't care if Canadians flew to the US, and Canada's policy was you can't stop a Canadian from returning home, so ergo if you were determined you cross the border.

I'm sitting with tickets to the EV Seattle shows.   I don't think I'm willing to push the flying card.  Crossing my fingers they don't shut the land border down to non-essential travel again :(
  • Zod said:
    uglybabo said:
    “Sources say much stronger measures were discussed with premiers and Prime Minister Justin Trudeau during a Tuesday evening call. The proposed measures included whether to implement a ban on all non-essential foreign travellers into Canada, including from the United States, and stricter quarantine and testing measures for travellers who are allowed into Canada, including returning Canadians and permanent residents.“

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canada-travel-restrictions-1.6285823

Now thinking that there could be some tougher regulations for Canadians getting to the February Vedder dates; hopefully this is resolved before the Spring. 
    Except they never really stopped anyone from flying in the first place. Sooooo………..🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

That was a loophole. The US didn't care if Canadians flew to the US, and Canada's policy was you can't stop a Canadian from returning home, so ergo if you were determined you cross the border.

I'm sitting with tickets to the EV Seattle shows.   I don't think I'm willing to push the flying card.  Crossing my fingers they don't shut the land border down to non-essential travel again :(
    There was however the 14 day quarantine for over a year so even though you could fly and return, that was a major reason not to.  Omicron is everywhere so hopefully there won’t be a return to that as it’s not like it’s going to solve anything.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • jefftjefft Posts: 657
    Concerts/sports back to 50 percent in ontario. Not looking good.
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,807
    Fortunately looks like Canada wont be happening until November 2022 anyway
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • uglybabouglybabo Posts: 520
    With the way this band has been cautious (Ed’s shows being the exception) we have to hope for an improvement before January, or they may delay the announcement. 

I know we’re in the midst of this in Ontario and hopefully it’s better come spring but they may not be willing to announce dates if the cases are going crazy. 

Europe is a whole other thing; the band could be dealing with 8, 9 or 10 different restrictions depending on country. 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,520
    how do you know this?
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• uglybabouglybabo Posts: 520
    edited December 2021
    how do you know this?
    A rumor of MSG in the fall has led to idea of just west coast dates prior to Europe and then east coast in the fall. 
    Pretty solid rumor of MSG in November, Canada restrictions, combined with Baltimore almost certainly being canceled, and the only other east shows being in Canada.  All of that plus the logistics of making it to Europe by mid June.  I’d say with 90% certainty that MSG and Canada will happen in November. 
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,155
    Pretty solid rumor of MSG in November, Canada restrictions, combined with Baltimore almost certainly being canceled, and the only other east shows being in Canada.  All of that plus the logistics of making it to Europe by mid June.  I’d say with 90% certainty that MSG and Canada will happen in November. 

It's gonna be a long wait, but so worth it. :) 
  • Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,350
    edited December 2021
    This tour is porked again.

We will all have screen burn for the tickets on our TM apps before ever actually get to see these shows.
    Post edited by Saltzy23 on
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 Posts: 1,398
    Saltzy23 said:

We will all have screen burn for the tickets on our TM apps before ever actually get to see these shows.
    Covid is never going away. The vaccine failed. They retire or accept it. Those are the choices. Pneumonia is far scarier then omnicron. Ain't no tour ever been canceled for pneumonia 
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,751
    The vaccine failed? It’s keeping virtually everyone that has gotten it out of the hospital. That’s an amazing failure. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Montreal Canadiens playing at home tonight with no fans.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,173
    Saltzy23 said:

Covid is never going away. The vaccine failed. They retire or accept it. Those are the choices. Pneumonia is far scarier then omnicron. Ain't no tour ever been canceled for pneumonia 
    You win most uninformed PJ fan of the board congrats! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • jefftjefft Posts: 657
    Saltzy23 said:

Lol
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,834
    Montreal Canadiens playing at home tonight with no fans.  
    That has nothing to do with Covid and everything to do with the fact they suck.   Go Hab’s Go BTW 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....Las Vegas N1, Las Vegas N2, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Boston N1, Boston N2
    2025.....????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,155

Whoa! Maybe they can finally focus on the game & win tonight.
  • DM282158DM282158 Posts: 541
    D-Rod said:
    That has nothing to do with Covid and everything to do with the fact they suck.   Go Hab’s Go BTW 
    Haha touche. Jeff Gorton in charge now. Habs will be back…. (Even I admit that as a Bruins fan). 
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • Saltzy23 said:

I believe he has held that title for some time now.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    Saltzy23 said:

WTF dude. I think the Fox & Friends forum misses you. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,692
    Saltzy23 said:

I believe he has held that title for some time now.
    He has no lack of competitors for the crown though. 
  • PJ just has terrible timing lol. They communicate, hospitalizations go up. In hindsight, June/July would have been a perfect time for the rescheduled shows.
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 Posts: 1,398
    Saltzy23 said:

I dont watch that. Looking forward to the tour as announced. It won't be canceled. They don't want plan b. Some of you say uninformed. But really I just stated some facts.
  • JDime20JDime20 Posts: 195
    Saltzy23 said:

I dont watch that. Looking forward to the tour as announced. It won't be canceled. They don't want plan b. Some of you say uninformed. But really I just stated some facts.
    Those aren’t facts. The vaccine isn’t failing. The countless people refusing to get it and running around maskless are failing.  
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    Saltzy23 said:

The vaccine is not failing at all. If you look at the current hospitalizations...how many are vaccinated? How many are unvaccinated? There are your facts.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,900
    Don’t feed the troll.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Anyone want to start the 2023 thread?

Thanks omicron.

edited December 2021
    Can’t speak for Europe or Canada shows, but I don’t see Omicron slowing down any touring in the USA, no matter how bad it gets.  

It doesn’t make sense to assume shows would get postponed when we don’t even have mask mandates at this point.  Any restrictions would go the way of mask mandates first.  

Also, there are literally so many shows scheduled for 2022 in the US that canceling them would lead to a total collapse of the touring industry. 

When the March 2020 tour was canceled, COVID was new, scary and we knew nothing about it.

Come March 2022, everyone in the US will have had access to not only a vaccine but a booster as well, and we know exponentially more about the disease and it’s variants.  We are at a completely different place now than when the initial cancelations of shows all over we’re postponed.

Best thing we can do is continue to have private venues/companies/employers mandate vaccines on their own accord and move forward.  Everyone joining together and voluntary getting the shot is never, ever going to happen.  And I’m down for a national vaccine mandate, I just have no clue how you actually get that done.  Hopefully the non Vaxxed will be inconvenienced enough by restrictions that they ultimately get it and help slow this down.  But I do agree that Covid will be in our lives for the rest of our days at least, in some form or another.

TL;Dr
    I think its early and aggressive to assume an entire tour will be postponed again while even the most basic of restrictions have not been reimplemented across the country, and while the lead singer of the band we love announced an indoor tour in the most populated cities in this country in the heart of flu and cold season.
    Post edited by Weston1283 on
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,393
    Broadway is struggling with Covid related closures. But if other touring bands are doing fine then shouldn’t be an issue unless they make it one.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,516
    Can’t speak for Europe or Canada shows, but I don’t see Omicron slowing down any touring in the USA, no matter how bad it gets.  

It doesn’t make sense to assume shows would get postponed when we don’t even have mask mandates at this point.  Any restrictions would go the way of mask mandates first.  

Also, there are literally so many shows scheduled for 2022 in the US that canceling them would lead to a total collapse of the touring industry. 

When the March 2020 tour was canceled, COVID was new, scary and we knew nothing about it.

Come March 2022, everyone in the US will have had access to not only a vaccine but a booster as well, and we know exponentially more about the disease and it’s variants.  We are at a completely different place now than when the initial cancelations of shows all over we’re postponed.

Best thing we can do is continue to have private venues/companies/employers mandate vaccines on their own accord and move forward.  Everyone joining together and voluntary getting the shot is never, ever going to happen.  And I’m down for a national vaccine mandate, I just have no clue how you actually get that done.  Hopefully the non Vaxxed will be inconvenienced enough by restrictions that they ultimately get it and help slow this down.  But I do agree that Covid will be in our lives for the rest of our days at least, in some form or another.

TL;Dr
    I think its early and aggressive to assume an entire tour will be postponed again while even the most basic of restrictions have not been reimplemented across the country, and while the lead singer of the band we love announced an indoor tour in the most populated cities in this country in the heart of flu and cold season.
    I don't know.  There's still a lot of unknowns with variants.  Where I live only introduce restrictions yesterday, so I imagine if the US did any it would be quite a bit after.  Also the USA isn't a unified front.   The whole country doesn't do the same thing.   You might have some states introduce stricter measures than other states.   That could make touring hard.

I think it's still in wait and see mode.  It seem the vaccines do much less against omicron, so I'm not sure people being double vaxed does all that much.  On the flip side it's also mentioned that the severity of the virus might not be as bad, so maybe less people have complications from it.   But it also spreads like wildfire, so more people getting, but a lower hospitalization rate, could still lead to overflowing hospitals.

I dunno. If I've learned anything in the last 2 years is no one is clairvoyant.    Everyone's been making it up as they go a long as new information comes out.  This wave is still early on, things will change as it advances.  Hopefully for the better.  I really want the mega happy ending where omicron really is less severe, everyone gets it, gets some kind of immunity to Covid19, and we move on with minimal casualties.