Options

Viruses / Vaccines

Comments

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,298
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    US will allow fully vaccinated nonessential travellers through the land borders starting in November.

https://apple.news/AwZ4lhupARoaTCYU_mPVHLg

this great news. hope it holds. been missing our twice a year conference weekends on erie up there...
    you've been allowed to come up here and cross back as a citizen for some time, no?

unsure but our conference is held end of feb and end of july. so for what we do, timing wasnt good. still shut in July and it takes about 2 months for us to organize. so first of jan and first of june we had to know whats what.

yah our government opened up the border to vaccinated Americans last month I think it was.   It's nice now knowing I'll be able to do a roadtrip to the US.  I guess the question is what is going to make me brave enough to cross the border.   Probably a PJ concert.. lol.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,914
    edited October 2021
    moderna booster approved yesterday and j&j set for approval vote today......
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    This country is an embarrassment 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,320
    I’m headed to hospital this morning getting my booster shot! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,834
    This world is an embarrassment. Every country, leader, “expert”, news outlet , WHO, Etc….  All exposed during this global crisis 
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    nicknyr15 said:
    This world is an embarrassment. Every country, leader, “expert”, news outlet , WHO, Etc….  All exposed during this global crisis 
    Yup.  I know our socialized health care system has been exposed.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Everyone  is fucking ill here
     Every person  you encounter all our  kids. Its pathetic 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    The flip flopping, the mis information, the agenda based nonsense that is prioritized over lives on both sides. It’s all disgusting. Anyone who is proud of their political side should be ashamed. I don’t see anything to be proud of, anywhere. 
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,941
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    The flip flopping, the mis information, the agenda based nonsense that is prioritized over lives on both sides. It’s all disgusting. Anyone who is proud of their political side should be ashamed. I don’t see anything to be proud of, anywhere. 
    These days, all I can think about is how horrifically misaligned the incentive structure is within the government (and so many other entities). The wrong actions by politicians (i.e. insufficient short term bills watered down by partisan bickering, superficial goals designed to ) generate positive outcomes, like won re-elections, and opportunities to attain wealth through relationships with lobbyists. 

Until the wrong behaviours yield ramifications, or until the right behaviours provide better incentive - I don't see the logical path to things changing.

'05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    What’s sad is that it’ll take those ramifications and little else.

Imagine if people actually behaved with integrity, compassion, self-respect and personal responsibility.

I know, dream away! 
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

nicknyr15 said:
    My brother in law has had his hip surgery cancelled 3 times…he needs both done.  I need a stomach scope…been waiting 2 months for an app…after nearly 2 years no improvements have been made to the system.  Not much of a system that after nearly 2 years people are still having procedures delayed…

I got no use for politicians…no matter the political stripe…they are in it for themselves.  In Canada during a pandemic and recession politicians have raised taxes and their own salaries … while people have been losing their jobs.  And the people who had to go o. Canadas recovery benefit got about 1550 after taxes…lmfao.  This is best these overpaid politicians could do for our most vulnerable workers.  At least the politicians and government employees never missed a cheque…
    Post edited by Meltdown99 on
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,063
    edited October 2021
    The world has come undone
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,679
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    It's pretty easy to throw stones in the fog of war.  No one had been through this... ever.  And yet we think everyone is going to get public health policy right every single time,  for 350 million Americans and the world? There is never one answer that works for everyone.  
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,764
    nicknyr15 said:

Health care systems here and in many places are badly in need of improvements, for sure.  At the same time, self health care is weakened by such statistics as:

Number of fast food meals served in America each day: 50,000,000
    Amount of soda pop consumed by the average American each year: 39 gallons
    Amount of sugar the average American consumes:  17 teaspoons per day/ 57 pounds each year
    Average number of hours Americans sleep each night:  5 1/2
    Percentage of people who engage in sports or exercise each day: 19.3%

That's in America.  I don't know how this compares to other countries.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    I look at the success of the vaccine,  the therapeutics,  and now the pills that cut mortality in half and marvel at how successful ît has been.  Truly amazing partnership between govt and big Pharma to have a vaccine in 9 months and in less than 13 months,  just about anyone could have it. 
  • Options
    Yup.  Not just the UK…and as usual the politicians and the rich got richer…of course the rich the line politicians pockets at election time and the politicians ensure the rich  don’t pay their fair share of taxes…pretty fucked up.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Oh Jesus,  after a trillion dollars in stimulus,  free vaccine,  enormously supplemented unemployment benefits,  rent deferral,  a year+ of student loan deferrals,  fed backed mortgage deferment... all this belly aching.  I guess we all should be pissed that Bezos didn't pay off all of our mortgages. Give me a fucking break. 
  • Options
    Yup.  Not just the UK…and as usual the politicians and the rich got richer…of course the rich the line politicians pockets at election time and the politicians ensure the rich  don’t pay their fair share of taxes…pretty fucked up.
    So how did your politicians get richer? Be super specific here.  Did parliament give itself a giant raise? Did they get tax breaks that you didn't? Was there some giant vaccine kickback law that I didn't hear about? 
  • Options
    The Canadian federal liberal government is advising against non essential travel.  This advisory only applies to us peons…because these are the same shitheads that called an unnecessary election,  the mr blackface leader criss crossed the country for no reason, he also flew across the country to go surfing on a holiday he created for indigenous peoples…what bs and people wonder why vaccine hesitancy exist considering the politicians claimed get vaccinated and things return to normal…and I believe Canada is well over 75% vaccines if not higher.

These shitheads travel wherever they want and whenever, yet I can’t cross to see the stones without taking a PCs test in order to re
    -enter my country…just bullshit by an incompetent government.

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    The Canadian federal liberal government is advising against non essential travel.  This advisory only applies to us peons…because these are the same shitheads that called an unnecessary election,  the mr blackface leader criss crossed the country for no reason, he also flew across the country to go surfing on a holiday he created for indigenous peoples…what bs and people wonder why vaccine hesitancy exist considering the politicians claimed get vaccinated and things return to normal…and I believe Canada is well over 75% vaccines if not higher.

These shitheads travel wherever they want and whenever, yet I can’t cross to see the stones without taking a PCs test in order to re

So in other words,  you can travel,  you just have to take a test.  Is that right? And do you know affirmatively that govt officials are exempt from the test?
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,839
    mrussel1 said:

So in other words,  you can travel,  you just have to take a test.  Is that right? And do you know affirmatively that govt officials are exempt from the test?
    Government officials aren’t exempt from testing. 

How weird that canadians would have to have proof of a negative COVID test before entering the country when pretty much every other country you’d want to travel to has the same requirement, right? And how weird that the PM vacationed within Canada when that’s what the government is suggesting. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

How weird that canadians would have to have proof of a negative COVID test before entering the country when pretty much every other country you’d want to travel to has the same requirement, right? And how weird that the PM vacationed within Canada when that’s what the government is suggesting. 
    It's almost like that rant lacked merit. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

It's almost like that rant lacked merit. 

easily half of all rants lack merit .... then there is.......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,941
    edited October 2021

What the Canadian government is advising, is advice, and is your own choice. It also has nothing to do with snap elections, Trudeau's high school scandals, or where he chooses to vacation within Canada (and why that matters is beyond me - what a stupid, petty thing compared to health and safety). It's also completely false that this applies "only to the peons" - it's advice. You take it or leave it. You seem angry that Trudeau gives advice that he also demonstrates with his actions. Are you opposed to him giving advice? Or doing what he says? I'm confused.

On vaccine hesitancy - huh? Vaccine hesitancy pre-dates international travel opportunities, so I'm not sure how you concluded that the lifting of restrictions is a contributing factor. Hesitancy is also a global phenomena - how do you reckon Trudeau's responsible for that? You must think Canada has quite the global clout. 

On your PCS test - give me a break. Any country I've heard of is doing something similar prior to re-entry, and most people have enough foresight to check the regulations prior to travel. Did someone forget to check the rules and decide to get angry at the world instead? Or is it the fact that you had to pay for it?

I don't understand this meltdown. Admittedly, I don't understand most of the ones I've witnessed.

Post edited by benjs on
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,764
    Feeling like crap lately, so getting my first COVID test tomorrow.  My wife very much doubts I have COVID and I agree, but I want to make sure. 
    I told here once I'm sure it's not COVID, I'm going to walk 20 miles everyday until I either start feeling better or die. 

"I am on until I am dead, like a light bulb."
    -Henry Rollins
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    We are going  through torture  here too brian. Our kids are ill . Keep isolating  then testing  then waiting then back to school. Then repeat. Its a fucking horrendous way to exist.  At this point we will get covid in the next weeks. Both schools have cases. Its pathetic  here  now. Just animals all thrown to the  slaughter  now. I hate this.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    edited October 2021
    Post edited by mickeyrat on

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,137
    mickeyrat said:
    Sucks.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    Sucks.
    More fuel for the anti vax. 
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,320
    nicknyr15 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Sucks.
    More fuel for the anti vax. 
    Yes the uninformed idiots no doubt but the man was suffering from Cancer and his body couldn’t fight if any infection even though he was fully vaccinated! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
This discussion has been closed.