Options

Viruses / Vaccines

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,934
    Poncier said:
    hedonist said:
    Question is, would a guy even DO such a pariah? Or woman…
    Does she have a pulse?

right?

when it comes to getting laid, dudes are pretty singularly focused....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,836
    Anyone following the southwest airline situation? Seems weird to blame all those cancellations on weather when no other airline came close to the amount of cancellations. It’s obvious that it was an organized protest by their staff against the mandate. It’s just so lame that they won’t admit it. 
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,692
    nicknyr15 said:
    Anyone following the southwest airline situation? Seems weird to blame all those cancellations on weather when no other airline came close to the amount of cancellations. It’s obvious that it was an organized protest by their staff against the mandate. It’s just so lame that they won’t admit it. 
    The pilot union said it didn't happen either. 

Second,  every major airline has the same mandate except Delta I believe. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Ok. I read a bunch of conflicting stories. You don’t find any of this strange or inconsistent?
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Ok. I read a bunch of conflicting stories. You don’t find any of this strange or inconsistent?
    Did you read a story where the union said it was a walkout? This one talks about how their logistics are different than other airlines

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1281279

What's SWA going to do? They are a govt contractor and so have to require the vaccine.  
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    mickeyrat said:
    Poncier said:
    hedonist said:
    Does she have a pulse?

right?

Don’t I know it. I shoulda said it was rhetorical!
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Poncier said:
    hedonist said:
    Does she have a pulse?

right?

Don’t I know it. I shoulda said it was rhetorical!

well one behalf of at least some of us, sorry!!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Did you read a story where the union said it was a walkout? This one talks about how their logistics are different than other airlines

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1281279

What's SWA going to do? They are a govt contractor and so have to require the vaccine.  
    Let the games begin!

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,839
    edited October 2021
    nicknyr15 said:

That doesn't seem to be the case. Initial weather problems in Florida, compounded by air traffic control issues, knock on effects of planes not getting to where they needed to be, and Southwest's different model seem to be the relevant factors.

Casey Murray, the president of the Southwest Airlines Pilots Association, dismissed the idea that pilots had called in sick to protest the company’s vaccine mandate, though the union has asked a court to prevent Southwest from enforcing that requirement. Pilots called in sick at a normal rate this weekend, he said.

Instead, Mr. Murray said, the widespread cancellations were caused by technological issues and problems with how pilots are reassigned and rerouted during disruptions, a process complicated by Southwest’s uniquely large, point-to-point network. In a typical day, about 10 percent of pilots are reassigned from the flights they were scheduled to operate. That figure was 71 percent on Saturday and 85 percent on Sunday, according to Mr. Murray.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/11/business/southwest-airlines-cancellations.html?searchResultPosition=2
    Post edited by oftenreading on
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    nicknyr15 said:

That doesn't seem to be the case. Initial weather problems in Florida, compounded by air traffic control issues, knock on effects of planes not getting to where they needed to be, and Southwest's different model seem to be the relevant factors.

Casey Murray, the president of the Southwest Airlines Pilots Association, dismissed the idea that pilots had called in sick to protest the company’s vaccine mandate, though the union has asked a court to prevent Southwest from enforcing that requirement. Pilots called in sick at a normal rate this weekend, he said.

Instead, Mr. Murray said, the widespread cancellations were caused by technological issues and problems with how pilots are reassigned and rerouted during disruptions, a process complicated by Southwest’s uniquely large, point-to-point network. In a typical day, about 10 percent of pilots are reassigned from the flights they were scheduled to operate. That figure was 71 percent on Saturday and 85 percent on Sunday, according to Mr. Murray.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/11/business/southwest-airlines-cancellations.html?searchResultPosition=2
    Yea. I have a hard time believing much these days. Certain papers will say nothing to see here, other obvious papers will say it’s definitely an organized walk out. I doubt anyone will want to come out and outright admit it was a protest. Especially with thousands and thousands of pissed off customers. 
    Post edited by nicknyr15 on
  • Options
    FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,194
    Will my bags still fly free?
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,194
    dankind said:

Ha!
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,181
    lol the bags
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,026
    I just assumed, and still do believe, that of SW blames weather then they aren’t on the hook for hotels. Not buying the weather, it was great weather most places, if a few storms cause thousands of flights to be canceled, then whoever came up with that plan needs to be fired.
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Yea. I have a hard time believing much these days. Certain papers will say nothing to see here, other obvious papers will say it’s definitely an organized walk out. I doubt anyone will want to come out and outright admit it was a protest. Especially with thousands and thousands of pissed off customers. 
    So you think the news is inventing a quote from the pilots union?
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,181
    i am flying southwest on thursday. they better not screw up my flight or i am going to have to go down there and.....

talk to someone.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

I think the pilots union doesn’t speak for all of the pilots and employees of southwest.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

I think the pilots union doesn’t speak for all of the pilots and employees of southwest.
    Did they organize this on Facebook?
  • Options
    US will allow fully vaccinated nonessential travellers through the land borders starting in November.

https://apple.news/AwZ4lhupARoaTCYU_mPVHLg

• Options
    US will allow fully vaccinated nonessential travellers through the land borders starting in November.

this great news. hope it holds. been missing our twice a year conference weekends on erie up there...

• Options
    edited October 2021
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Ha. Maybe, if anything did occur.  I just noticed that not too many if any actual employees were interviewed for any of the stories I read.  Also, if there is nothing to the rumor of a strike how the hell are some outlets labelling it as such? Have we really gotten to a place where speculation and fabrication are widely acceptable outside of facebook?  Obviously fox and their ilk have a history of twisting and misrepresenting, but complete fabrications of a non existent vax related pilot strike causing delays, that seems like a pretty bad sign of things to come. 
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Ha. Maybe, if anything did occur.  I just noticed that not too many if any actual employees were interviewed for any of the stories I read.  Also, if there is nothing to the rumor of a strike how the hell are some outlets labelling it as such? Have we really gotten to a place where speculation and fabrication are widely acceptable outside of facebook?  Obviously fox and their ilk have a history of twisting and misrepresenting, but complete fabrications of a non existent vax related pilot strike causing delays, that seems like a pretty bad sign of things to come. 

Yes, we have indeed gotten to a place where speculation and fabrication are widely accepted. These incidents are not accidents, they are created purposefully to advance goals. This isn't even the first widespread social media claim that a business or an airline is on the verge of massive staff loss due to vaccine mandates which appear to have been plucked from thin air. 

Ted Cruz and his ilk had a big part to play in this one. 
  • Options
    Parents in BC are now able to preregister their 5-11 year old children for vaccination. The Pfizer submission has gone into Health Canada and approval may come as early as some time in November. There are apparently about 340,000 children in that age group in the province. 
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,526
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Yes, we have indeed gotten to a place where speculation and fabrication are widely accepted. These incidents are not accidents, they are created purposefully to advance goals. This isn't even the first widespread social media claim that a business or an airline is on the verge of massive staff loss due to vaccine mandates which appear to have been plucked from thin air. 

We've arrived & been at this place for some time... people are only taking notice of it now? 
  • Options
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

We've arrived & been at this place for some time... people are only taking notice of it now? 
    Outside of Facebook and the usual right wing twisting I have seen very few outright fabrications in any but the most low class tabloid outlets.  For this story there were several local news reports conjecturing that there was in fact a strike. I expect the outright fabrications from Newsmax, OANN etc, but at least fox and local conservative affiliates usually twist the truth and there is some grain of reality that has been distorted to make the case.  Regarding the strike, it seems that many outlets out side of the "patriot" news networks are getting away with complete fabrication.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,861
    mickeyrat said:

this great news. hope it holds. been missing our twice a year conference weekends on erie up there...
    you've been allowed to come up here and cross back as a citizen for some time, no?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mickeyrat said:

you've been allowed to come up here and cross back as a citizen for some time, no?

unsure but our conference is held end of feb and end of july. so for what we do, timing wasnt good. still shut in July and it takes about 2 months for us to organize. so first of jan and first of june we had to know whats what.

This discussion has been closed.