Options

Viruses / Vaccines

Comments

• Options
    JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    I just found out that our county is running out of tests and it is a big issue. They were conserving tests last week but now we are at a dangerous level of not having enough tests. I live in Washington State and we've been one of the most strict when it comes to COVID rules and here we are, numbers are higher than ever and we have very little supply of tests in my county.

If my kids say out loud that they have a sore throat at school, they get taken out of the school and can't return until we get an official negative test from the local Health Department. This should be interesting. I live in a rural county and have been lucky enough to not have a huge outbreak. Before last week the highest 1 day positive testing total was around 45. Friday the positive test total was 97 and now we're running out of tests.
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    people are now allowed to dance in bars and weddings in my neck of the woods…lmfao.  Real life footloose taking place…what a fucking joke
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,516

I have to watch Footloose again, I don't remember the part about the global pandemic that killed millions. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,837
    edited October 2021

I have to watch Footloose again, I don't remember the part about the global pandemic that killed millions. 
    Kevin Bacon as Dr. Fauci. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,253

They were all killed playing chicken on tractors.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829
    Poncier said:

They were all killed playing chicken on tractors.
    As is their right.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,253

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Covid confetti!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    dankind said:
    Covid confetti!
    COVfetti?
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,940
    static111 said:
    dankind said:
    Covid confetti!
    COVfetti?
    COVfefe... Trump predicted this!
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    benjs said:
    static111 said:
    dankind said:
    Covid confetti!
    COVfetti?
    COVfefe... Trump predicted this!
    The real question is how long did he know!!!?
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options

So fully vaccinated people dancing will cause the virus to spread … got ya.  Because you have to be fully vaccinated to enter those establishments…

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,561
    Hmm

Hospital system says it will deny transplants to the unvaccinated in 'almost all situations' https://news.yahoo.com/hospital-system-says-deny-transplants-030512295.html
     A Colorado-based health system says it is denying organ transplants to patients not vaccinated against the coronavirus in "almost all situations," citing studi...
  • Options
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    I can't believe the Lancet wasted its time on a big footnote in Ye Olde Book of Duh.

The Toronto Sun publishing the aforementioned footnote I can believe, though.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    I can't believe the Lancet wasted its time on a big footnote in Ye Olde Book of Duh.

The Toronto Sun publishing the aforementioned footnote I can believe, though.
    Your free to read the huff compost if you want …at least the sun did not take governor money..?
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,888
    which is probably why Pfizer sought and received booster approval.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269

The US government paid to research and develop a drug that could be a game changer for this pandemic. And then let big pharma make it out of reach for many Americans. I wonder how many of our government officials own Merck stock....
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    JB16057 said:

The US government paid to research and develop a drug that could be a game changer for this pandemic. And then let big pharma make it out of reach for many Americans. I wonder how many of our government officials own Merck stock....
    It cost $17 to produce, but that does not include the research and trial costs.  This is hardly a travesty for two reasons:

1. The way they article tries to tie funding from 2015 into this drug's manufacturing seems tenuous and misrepresented. 
    2. The cost in teh article says how much the federal gov't will be paying, not how much a consumer will be paying, either in the short term or the long run.  This is pretty important information. 

I'm surprised you read a left wing rag like the Intercept which misrepresents information as often and poorly as anyone on the right. 
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,831
    Brand new drugs that are under patent are never priced at the cost of production. They're priced to recoup development costs and make a profit. That's just the way it works.

Not saying that I necessarily agree with drug companies making that much of a profit on products, but the majority of the products they try to develop will be losers, so they need to make their money on the winners. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
  • Options
    "Sweden and Denmark said on Wednesday they are pausing the use of Moderna's COVID-19 vaccine for younger age groups after reports of possible rare cardiovascular side effects.

The Swedish health agency said it would pause using the shot for people born in 1991 and later as data pointed to an increase of myocarditis and pericarditis among youths and young adults that had been vaccinated. Those conditions involve an inflammation of the heart or its lining.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    goddammit.  Men can never catch a break in this world. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,837
    Still 96% effective against hospitalization and death, just not mild cases. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    "Sweden and Denmark said on Wednesday they are pausing the use of Moderna's COVID-19 vaccine for younger age groups after reports of possible rare cardiovascular side effects.

The Swedish health agency said it would pause using the shot for people born in 1991 and later as data pointed to an increase of myocarditis and pericarditis among youths and young adults that had been vaccinated. Those conditions involve an inflammation of the heart or its lining.
    I thought this side effect was already widely known and viewed as a risk so small as to be negligible?  Maybe the Swedes and Danes know something we don't?

Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829
    I had my two Phizers in April and May. Is it possible (or problematic??) to go for Moderna next time. It seems after all this time that Moderna may be the most effective.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    goddammit.  Men can never catch a break in this world. 
    I have 1 Pfizer dose and a Moderna dose...maybe I fall in the middle...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,259
    OnWis97 said:
    I had my two Phizers in April and May. Is it possible (or problematic??) to go for Moderna next time. It seems after all this time that Moderna may be the most effective.
    I'm wondering that too.

I haven't read much about this up here in Canada but I believe the Pfizer vaccine was the one most readily available during the vaccine rollout (there was some moderna, but it didn't start arriving in spades until towards the end of the vaccination campaign).

My 2nd shot was in July, so next month I'll be at 4 months and I'm middle aged, which means there's alot o people who got their shot before me.    The vaccine clinics here have been scaling down, and there doesn't seem to be much talk that this is an issue which could start ramping up in the next few months as the people who got their shots earlier start to have their immunity wane?
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,035
    edited October 2021
    We had AZ 2nd dose. may 6th and had antibodies last month still. Had a test for them  this week so will find out soon if 5 months later still got any.  Let you know 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
This discussion has been closed.