Options

2021 Tour Rumors - Let’s Go!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I like the short time frame between the Foo Fighters’ show and the announcement. If a band such as Pearl Jam were to have these mythical autumnal amphitheatre shows, such a short window between shows and the announcement of said shows would keep it more local for the smaller venues. And if a few of the shows don’t sell out at the tail end of a pandemic, it’s not the worst goddamn thing the world, right?

It would also give management time to see how this whole thing plays out. If seasonal (read: autumn) Covid-19 spikes are a certain percentage greater than the estimated number of unvaccinated populations (and whatever other metrics raise caution for our nations’ caution flag bearers), then large gatherings such as concerts, maybe even outdoor ones, might be postponed again. 

Hey, and that would make the OG 2020 ticket holders feel better about (maybe?) getting to see them first after all! :lol:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,215
    Manu117 said:
    big concern right now in regards to opening the border is testing... which will increase the average wait time from 1 minute per car to 8-9 minutes per car, which is huge. this is why waiting until vaccinations hit 75% (two dose) or fall (less busy) make sense. 
    IMO fully vaxed shouldn’t need testing, and partially vaxed should be good with a negative test taken within 3 days prior.  Non-vaxed, given anyone in Canada or US can now book a first dose, essential travel only and test before and after crossing with quarantine until second negative.  No need for border guards to be testers.  The governments are doing a disservice to the population by not allowing fully vaxed to travel.  It’s time.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,756
    Is this the week? :pensive:
  • Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,930
    PJNB said:
    Is this the week? :pensive:
    I'd say yes, unless they mimic what FF are apparently doing.
  • Options
    stanudesstanudes Baltimore Posts: 117
    This shit just keeps coming for these NYC FF shows. Now it’s 2 nights it seems. 
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,057
    stanudes said:
    I hope they add more, or something in Philly or Atlantic City between 22nd and 27th, as I'm heading that way for vacation. 
  • Options
    May be an image of text that says 2021 Tour EAGLES Holel California PLAYED BEGINNING TO END PLUS GREATEST HITS SET AUGUST 22 24 MADISON SQUARE GARDEN EN

16 and up needs to be fully vaxxed
  • Options
    superfuzz30superfuzz30 Posts: 369
    stanudes said:

Where did that image come from?
  • Options
    stanudesstanudes Baltimore Posts: 117
    stanudes said:

Where did that image come from?
    It’s on a bunch of Foo FB groups and rumor sites. Said to have come from Morning Breath originally, but they have since deleted it. Probably since FF hasn’t announced officially. 
  • Options
    Manu117Manu117 Burlington VT Posts: 105
    Manu117 said:
    big concern right now in regards to opening the border is testing... which will increase the average wait time from 1 minute per car to 8-9 minutes per car, which is huge. this is why waiting until vaccinations hit 75% (two dose) or fall (less busy) make sense. 
    IMO fully vaxed shouldn’t need testing, and partially vaxed should be good with a negative test taken within 3 days prior.  Non-vaxed, given anyone in Canada or US can now book a first dose, essential travel only and test before and after crossing with quarantine until second negative.  No need for border guards to be testers.  The governments are doing a disservice to the population by not allowing fully vaxed to travel.  It’s time.  
    I don't disagree. The problem is that a) we don't have vaccination passports yet (which would allow fully vaccinated people to go through without restrictions as you said), and b), the way the land borders are set up, everyone will get stuck waiting on the highway at some point before they can get to the "vaccinated" lane, if there were to be one. 
  • Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,930
    edited June 2021
    Manu117 said:
    Manu117 said:
    I don't disagree. The problem is that a) we don't have vaccination passports yet (which would allow fully vaccinated people to go through without restrictions as you said), and b), the way the land borders are set up, everyone will get stuck waiting on the highway at some point before they can get to the "vaccinated" lane, if there were to be one. 
    So, they actually have something set up MSG to prove your vaccinated. 
    Clear, who some may be familiar with from the airport to speed you through TSA in conjunction with TSAPrecheck, actually are set up in several arena's (including MSG). They are set up via the app to accept your proof of vaccination. I have it for the airport, not sure if the arena requires you to pay, or just use the app or how the proof of vax works.

https://www.clearme.com/healthpass
    Post edited by lmckenney24 on
  • Options
    Manu117Manu117 Burlington VT Posts: 105
    Manu117 said:
    Manu117 said:
    So, they actually have something set up MSG to prove your vaccinated. 
    Clear, who some may be familiar with from the airport to speed you through TSA in conjunction with TSAPrecheck, actually are set up in several arena's (including MSG). They are set up via the app to accept your proof of vaccination. I have it for the airport, not sure if the arena requires you to pay, or just use the app or how the proof of vax works.

https://www.clearme.com/healthpass
    Yeah there's a few apps floating around here and there. I think it's a bit more complicated for international travel, though, since it would have to be something official and standardized. They're supposed to discuss it at the G7 this week so we'll see what comes of that. 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    One thing I will say is how crazy is it that we are getting full capacity shows in June. Not 100% back to normal yet since it appears you will need to be vaxxed and maybe have a negative test but it is unbelievable how fast things have changed. 

We have gone from arguing if the 2020 shows will be pushed or not to being lucky to have shows in 2023 at the earliest to the Foos selling out MSG mid June 2021. Sure would be nice to get a nod soon at what path Pearl Jam is heading for shows being rescheduled or if anything is getting added this fall. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,786
    I know multiple people who went to the Knicks and Nets games recently with fake physical vaccine passes. Just saying. They paid 50$ each pass. 

A question for the smarter minds here, is proof of antibodies just as good as a vaccine? I know it’s not accepted for MsG, I’m asking in general. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    One thing I will say is how crazy is it that we are getting full capacity shows in June. Not 100% back to normal yet since it appears you will need to be vaxxed and maybe have a negative test but it is unbelievable how fast things have changed. 

We have gone from arguing if the 2020 shows will be pushed or not to being lucky to have shows in 2023 at the earliest to the Foos selling out MSG mid June 2021. Sure would be nice to get a nod soon at what path Pearl Jam is heading for shows being rescheduled or if anything is getting added this fall. 
    It is pretty insane! I’m not complaining. 
  • Options
    Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658
    Poncier said:
    JimmyV said:
    Imagine every large act on earth trying to tour the states at once in the amphitheater's and while competing with NBA and NHL teams in arenas.  

Booking venues and traveling to multiple shows in a row is going to be pretty dicey.  Enjoy the Boise show on Monday and the Austin show on Tuesday.  
    Time for Providence, RI and Manchester, NH to get shows, as well as for the long awaited return to Augusta, ME. 
    Pearl Jam fall 2021 North American Tour:

Sep 5 Dunkin Donuts Center, Providence RI
    Sep 7 TD Garden, Boston MA
    Sep 9 DCU Center, Worcester MA
    Sep 11 SNHU Arena, Manchester NH
    Sep 13 Orpheum Theater Boston MA
    Sep 15 Augusta Civic Center Augusta ME
    Sep 17 The Paradise, Boston MA
    Sep 18-19 Sea Hear Now Festival Asbury Park NJ
    Sep 21 XL Center, Hartford CT
    Sep 23 Agganis Arena, Boston MA
    Sep 26 Ohana Festival Dana Point CA

YES PLEASE
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,509
    Matts3221 said:
    Poncier said:
    JimmyV said:
    Imagine every large act on earth trying to tour the states at once in the amphitheater's and while competing with NBA and NHL teams in arenas.  

Booking venues and traveling to multiple shows in a row is going to be pretty dicey.  Enjoy the Boise show on Monday and the Austin show on Tuesday.  
    Time for Providence, RI and Manchester, NH to get shows, as well as for the long awaited return to Augusta, ME. 
    Pearl Jam fall 2021 North American Tour:

Sep 5 Dunkin Donuts Center, Providence RI
    Sep 7 TD Garden, Boston MA
    Sep 9 DCU Center, Worcester MA
    Sep 11 SNHU Arena, Manchester NH
    Sep 13 Orpheum Theater Boston MA
    Sep 15 Augusta Civic Center Augusta ME
    Sep 17 The Paradise, Boston MA
    Sep 18-19 Sea Hear Now Festival Asbury Park NJ
    Sep 21 XL Center, Hartford CT
    Sep 23 Agganis Arena, Boston MA
    Sep 26 Ohana Festival Dana Point CA

YES PLEASE
    You seem to have left out Southern Illinois.
  • Options
    wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 912

Not sure they will or even want to, but if memory serves.  both 2013 fall and 2014 fall has US/CAN shows run from early Oct to early Dec and tix went on sale if early July.... someone can confirm, but stars are aligning for US 20 spring shows make up dates
  • Options
    wbutler29 said:

Not sure they will or even want to, but if memory serves.  both 2013 fall and 2014 fall has US/CAN shows run from early Oct to early Dec and tix went on sale if early July.... someone can confirm, but stars are aligning for US 20 spring shows make up dates
    July 8th for 2013 and May 21st for 2014.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/trudeau-international-visitors-restrictions-1.6056584

Lots of pressure on opening the border. Seems like they are at least talking about opening it June 21st. I am now confident that it will open to the fully vaccinated on both sides before August. 
  • Options
    Lukeat911Lukeat911 Nashville, TN Posts: 175
    Help us @dimitrispearljam. You’re our only hope. 
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,339
    I think September would be a great time and opportunity for a multi night stand at Red Rocks!!
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,631
    Official

2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options

2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
  • Options
    Good for the Foo Fighters and their fans. 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    PJNB said:
    For sure.  They're not up to par musically and Live with Pearl Jam, but damn, it must be fun to be a huge Foo Fighters fan.

I'll try to get to MSG next sunday.
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,575
    So true. Great rock stars. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,921
    PJNB said:
    Yep. Not a band I'm into but this would be exciting news if they were.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Dave Grohl confirmed coolest dude in Rock and Roll
  • Options
    I’m not into them but fuck that. I’ll be there. It’s unimaginable that there will be a full capacity indoor show at MsG in two weeks.