Options

2021 Tour Rumors - Let’s Go!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,159
    PJNB said:
    Good for the Foo Fighters and their fans. 
    For sure.  They're not up to par musically and Live with Pearl Jam, but damn, it must be fun to be a huge Foo Fighters fan.

I'll try to get to MSG next sunday.

Isn't that pretty much all other bands? lol.   I find the only other musician I found I enjoyed as much live as Pearl Jam was Springsteen but I'll still take Pearl Jam's studio catalogue any day.   Everyone else to me, is inferior.. lol.  Obviously Pearl Jam is the high bar, but if we expect all other bands to be at that level, there would no concerts to go to :) 

In regards to bands that aren't Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters are pretty good live.   They're like most other live rock bands.  They have a bunch of albums, each album has a few pretty good songs, and a few albums are great front to back.   This gives them enough ammo to do a pretty good 3 hour greatest hits show like pretty much every other band does (Metallica, U2, GNR, etc..).
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,631
    Zod said:
    PJNB said:
    For sure.  They're not up to par musically and Live with Pearl Jam, but damn, it must be fun to be a huge Foo Fighters fan.

Isn't that pretty much all other bands? lol.   I find the only other musician I found I enjoyed as much live as Pearl Jam was Springsteen but I'll still take Pearl Jam's studio catalogue any day.   Everyone else to me, is inferior.. lol.  Obviously Pearl Jam is the high bar, but if we expect all other bands to be at that level, there would no concerts to go to :) 

In regards to bands that aren't Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters are pretty good live.   They're like most other live rock bands.  They have a bunch of albums, each album has a few pretty good songs, and a few albums are great front to back.   This gives them enough ammo to do a pretty good 3 hour greatest hits show like pretty much every other band does (Metallica, U2, GNR, etc..).
    Don’t get me wrong lol I am a foo fighters fan (seen them 5 times) just not to the level I am PJ
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    There are plenty of fans out there that put FF ahead of PJ I would imagine. I do not get that at all myself but will admit on a pure touring comparison it is not even close numbers wise. I am pretty envious of them on that front. That said same set night after night? I will take less touring and varied set any day of the week. 

Back on topic where you at Pearl Jam with the announcement? Days? Weeks? Months away? 
  • Options
    kaw753kaw753 Posts: 756
    Zod said:
    PJNB said:

Plus 5 songs from the new album that they "are pretty excited to be playing live."
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    There are plenty of fans out there that put FF ahead of PJ I would imagine. I do not get that at all myself but will admit on a pure touring comparison it is not even close numbers wise. I am pretty envious of them on that front. That said same set night after night? I will take less touring and varied set any day of the week. 

Back on topic where you at Pearl Jam with the announcement? Days? Weeks? Months away? 
    Agreed 100%, a PJ concert is much better than a FF one.

But When’s the last time PJ did something this “cool”?

Their touring schedule has gotten so systematic and boring that most fans can basically predict where and when they will play 2 years into the future with 80% accuracy
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,919
    To each their own. I find Dave Grohl to be incredibly annoying. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    PJNB said:

Their touring schedule has gotten so systematic and boring that most fans can basically predict where and when they will play 2 years into the future with 80% accuracy
    Pearl Jam pulling a RATM and doing 4 shows at MSG would be pretty damn cool! 
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,237
    JimmyV said:
    To each their own. I find Dave Grohl to be incredibly annoying. 
    +1000000
  • Options
    djjazzy276djjazzy276 Posts: 197
    mfc2006 said:
    on2legs said:
    JimmyV said:
    "Join Pearl Jam on the beach and watch them perform at Sea.Hear.Now Festival on Saturday, September 18th in Asbury Park, NJ. Tickets for the two-day event are available for purchase here."

This isn't much of an announcement. I was hoping for at least an acknowledgement that they are working on rescheduling the dates. 
    The earlier post about needing to let the festival sell out first is a very plausible explanation. 
    Agreed. I think once SHN sells out, we may see some additional dates.
    I’m hoping. $200 per ticket a bit high right now since I only want to see PJ.
    No, you want to see Avett Brothers. You just don’t know it yet. 
    They are a great band writing great songs. 
    They’ve shared the stage with Chris Cornell as well. If you end up not liking their music, at least YouTube them with Chris. Hard not to love it 
    Avett Brothers are one of my top live acts to see. Saw them at Coachella in 2007 and have been hooked ever since. Talk on Indolence still makes me want to go nuts every single time I see them play it.
  • Options
    First concert back in 12 days 
    LETS GOOOO!!!

• Options
    LETS GOOOO!!!

Nice. Enjoy.

• Options
    Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,551
    LETS GOOOO!!!

Awesome! 
  • Options
    EF11EF11 Posts: 99
    Just said "why not" and grabbed one for that same night. Saw a rumor that Queens of the Stone Age will be opening for them that night, and am hoping that turns out to be true. If so, it will be an epic return to live shows!
  • Options
    LETS GOOOO!!!

Wow congrats! 
  • Options
    patkelly12patkelly12 CT Posts: 346
    Snagged one. I was assuming these were transferable if I changed my mind.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    LETS GOOOO!!!

Awesome!!! Enjoy.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,391
    Tours are being announced like crazy… what a fun couple of years ahead. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,881
    EF11 said:
    Just said "why not" and grabbed one for that same night. Saw a rumor that Queens of the Stone Age will be opening for them that night, and am hoping that turns out to be true. If so, it will be an epic return to live shows!
    Are you serious?! Damn, I would have grabbed one for that and made the trip from Chicago. 
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    EF11EF11 Posts: 99
    EF11 said:
    Are you serious?! Damn, I would have grabbed one for that and made the trip from Chicago. 

Yeah, I am not sure how much stock to put in it, but I saw some rumors that QOTSA were going to open Sunday night, and that Foo Fighters will be announcing a second show the following night with Mick Jagger opening. Could be utter nonsense though.
  • Options
    EF11 said:
    QOTSA were supposed to be doing some festivals in the UK in July (cancelled, of course). Let's hope they announce something soon as they are probably #2 on the list. Saw them at a club in Barcelona after the last Pearl Jam show there. Sweaty!
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,881
    kaw753 said:
    EF11 said:
    QOTSA were supposed to be doing some festivals in the UK in July (cancelled, of course). Let's hope they announce something soon as they are probably #2 on the list. Saw them at a club in Barcelona after the last Pearl Jam show there. Sweaty!

Reading & Leeds are still on for August and they are on the bill.  Damn, I need some QOTSA!
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 547
    PJNB said:

+10000
    Got my ticket for Foo's here in Albuquerque, not a big fan just need a show.  

Dear Pearl Jam, 

It's been over 20 years, how about trying the burqe.  We have a shed and have a very high vaccination rate.  Please try some different places to play.  You have done it before and I know you can again.  Red Rocks and the Gorge would love to see you as well.

Be well,
    Your fans that travel out of necessity
  • Options
    kaw753 said:
    EF11 said:

Reading & Leeds are still on for August and they are on the bill.  Damn, I need some QOTSA!
    Wow, I had just assumed everything in Europe was cancelled this summer. I would assume they will add more shows if they go all the way to the UK and festivals are deemed safe.
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,496
    Eagles are playing MSG, too I think.
  • Options
    logan5ivelogan5ive Dallas, TX Posts: 457
    I can’t say too much but, March….with at least one added city.
    1993 - Dallas
    1995 - Red Rocks I & II | Austin
    1998 - St Louis | Kansas City | Dallas | Raleigh | Atlanta | Birmingham | Greenville | Knoxville | Virginia Beach
    2000 - New Orleans | Memphis | Nashville | Noblesville | Cincinnati | Columbus | Houston I & II | Dallas | Las Vegas | LA | San Diego | San Bernardino | Sacramento | San Francisco
    2003 - OKC | San Antonio | Houston | Dallas | Little Rock | Camden I & II | MSG I & II
    2004 - Boston I & II | St Louis
    2005 - Gorge | Vancouver | Kitchener | London | Hamilton
    2006 - Las Vegas | Gorge I & II | Honolulu
    2008 - MSG I & II
    2009 - Seattle I & II | Vancouver | Portland | ACL | Philly I-IV
    2010 - Kansas City | St Louis
    2011 - PJ20 I & II
    2013 - Wrigley | Dallas | OKC
    2014 - ACL I | Tulsa | Moline | St Paul | Milwaukee | Denver
    2022 - OKC
    2023 - FW I & II | Austin I & II
    2024* - Seattle I & II | Wrigley I & II
    [82*]
  • Options
    logan5ive said:
    Its a city in Atlantic Canada isn't it.  
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    logan5ive said:
    Come on Hartford or Philly!!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    mcgruff10 said:
    logan5ive said:
    Or both!
    I’ve been hoping the rescheduled shows happen in March.  Between other rescheduled shows and new shows, my fall is already busy.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    mcgruff10 said:
    logan5ive said:
    Woo-stah
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    logan5ive said:
    Very interesting.