Options

2021 Tour Rumors - Let’s Go!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,456
    I think the reason SHN hasn't sold out is that there isn't a one day ticket available. If they put single day tickets up for sure Pearl Jam's night will sell out very quick. 
    Could be.  But they’ve never sold one day tix before and it’s sold out. Months in advance too.  I’d hang this one on the pandemic.  They only had a week of ticket sales before the pandemic shut down the state.  Had they announced the headliners in January like they’ve done previously, it likely would have sold out before the pandemic hit NJ in March.  But they delayed announcing the headliners until March last year  and in hindsight that was a major fail.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,254
    If they announce there will not be one day tickets that would probably do the trick.  I know I held off on buying for a long time hoping the one day would come up before I finally bit the bullet.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    What is the theory behind upcoming tour dates being released after SHN is sold out ?
  • Options
    What is the theory behind upcoming tour dates being released after SHN is sold out ?
    The festival is less likely to sell out, particularly at the high price, if there are other firm dates to pick from.  If that is captain obvious stuff and the question is why do people think there will be an announcement soon in general, it’s because just about all other bands that postponed 2020 NA tours have announced new dates, be they in 2021 or 2022.  The prevailing guess is that PJ spring 2020 moves to the same period in 2022 but some people think some of those shows might be this fall and/or there might be new outdoor shows this fall.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• Options
    vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 826
    The festival is less likely to sell out, particularly at the high price, if there are other firm dates to pick from.  If that is captain obvious stuff and the question is why do people think there will be an announcement soon in general, it’s because just about all other bands that postponed 2020 NA tours have announced new dates, be they in 2021 or 2022.  The prevailing guess is that PJ spring 2020 moves to the same period in 2022 but some people think some of those shows might be this fall and/or there might be new outdoor shows this fall.  
    High price?  Is that a joke? $200 is easily the cheapest price for a two day festival with that type of lineup. 
  • Options
    It was 240 with fees.  If someone just wants to see PJ at an arena show they can pay about half that and get a reserved seat.  Also the tickets were originally 125 and they increased in tranches because they could, not because the show got any better.  So yeah, I think it’s a high price.  I’m not going to miss their first show, but that’s still my opinion.

• Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,002
    It was 240 with fees.  If someone just wants to see PJ at an arena show they can pay about half that and get a reserved seat. 
    They can if they get lucky. 
  • Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 927
    PJNB said:
    DEGBTI said:
    DEGBTI said:
    JR225955 said:
    So... I'm sure this has probably been covered and I'm just late to the discussion, but now that I imagine we're getting close to hearing new tour dates which will then require me to get my San Diego lodging and vacation plans dialed, I'm digging in.
    If you look here you can see the list of shows - https://www.ticketmaster.com/pearl-jam-tickets/artist/735836
    Then if you look at how each venue is scheduled you get a pretty tight window as to when each show will be rescheduled - not the exact dates for sure - but within a week or two.
    Example - I'm going to the SD show. Viejas Arena has PJ playing between acts that are already set for Dec 5, 2021 and April 5, 2022 - not a super clear range of dates. BUT - if you look at the Ball Arena show that's just before my SD show, that's happening between acts that are set to play Feb 27 and March 16. Then there's the other bookend which is the Scotiabank show which seems to be taking place between March 14 and March 25. So looking at those outlier shows, my show will be between Feb 27 and March 25. But really I can chip away further at those dates as they include the other already scheduled acts' dates and the DEN and ONT shows. So to recap - I'm gonna see PJ in SD in March - 100%... woohoo!
    Jef
    MT
    CR
    SD
    Exactly! March, not this Fall. The postponed spring 2020 show will be spring 2022. Been trying to explain this for a while now. These shows are sold out and money exchanged. Will not have a tour prior. Not ethical. That would be like adding a new 2022 spring tour in Europe while the original 2020 summer tour ticket holders get hosed having to wait till 2022 summer tour. Just not going to happen. 
    It may not happen but you don’t KNOW that. Not sure why you are pissing on everyone’s parade. I don’t think it would quantify as unethical either. 
    you are correct, I dont KNOW that. And not meaning to piss on everyone's parade either. Just stating the obvious, at least to me. I guess I am more of a factual type than a dreamer. As far as ethical, when you barrow money from someone you typically pay them back first, just sayin. 
    Its like you are not grasping the concept of indoor shows vs outdoor shows for some reason. No one is saying they are putting on a full indoor tour that does not include the reschedules. Also SHN and Ohana were on sale after they postponed the spring shows. Is that unethical of them to have them happen before the reschedules? No obviously it's not. 
    PJMB, first of all, I'm not the enemy. Just thinking out loud. No different then you. I completely grasp the concept. Other people, you included, have eluded to a fall "indoor tour", or to reschedule the 2020 spring tour to this fall. I get the whole outdoor festival deal believe it or not. That is different than a Fall tour. Ohana and SHN were already on the books, so nice try to deflect. I always respected your post but now not so sure. And the "not grasping the concept" comment is lame. When it turns out I was correct all along you owe me several beers. See you at the beach at Ohana.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,914
    $114 a day is comparable to what they charged last time they were at msg. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,828
    DEGBTI said:
    PJNB said:
    DEGBTI said:
    DEGBTI said:
    JR225955 said:
    So... I'm sure this has probably been covered and I'm just late to the discussion, but now that I imagine we're getting close to hearing new tour dates which will then require me to get my San Diego lodging and vacation plans dialed, I'm digging in.
    If you look here you can see the list of shows - https://www.ticketmaster.com/pearl-jam-tickets/artist/735836
    Then if you look at how each venue is scheduled you get a pretty tight window as to when each show will be rescheduled - not the exact dates for sure - but within a week or two.
    Example - I'm going to the SD show. Viejas Arena has PJ playing between acts that are already set for Dec 5, 2021 and April 5, 2022 - not a super clear range of dates. BUT - if you look at the Ball Arena show that's just before my SD show, that's happening between acts that are set to play Feb 27 and March 16. Then there's the other bookend which is the Scotiabank show which seems to be taking place between March 14 and March 25. So looking at those outlier shows, my show will be between Feb 27 and March 25. But really I can chip away further at those dates as they include the other already scheduled acts' dates and the DEN and ONT shows. So to recap - I'm gonna see PJ in SD in March - 100%... woohoo!
    Jef
    MT
    CR
    SD
    Exactly! March, not this Fall. The postponed spring 2020 show will be spring 2022. Been trying to explain this for a while now. These shows are sold out and money exchanged. Will not have a tour prior. Not ethical. That would be like adding a new 2022 spring tour in Europe while the original 2020 summer tour ticket holders get hosed having to wait till 2022 summer tour. Just not going to happen. 
    It may not happen but you don’t KNOW that. Not sure why you are pissing on everyone’s parade. I don’t think it would quantify as unethical either. 
    you are correct, I dont KNOW that. And not meaning to piss on everyone's parade either. Just stating the obvious, at least to me. I guess I am more of a factual type than a dreamer. As far as ethical, when you barrow money from someone you typically pay them back first, just sayin. 
    Its like you are not grasping the concept of indoor shows vs outdoor shows for some reason. No one is saying they are putting on a full indoor tour that does not include the reschedules. Also SHN and Ohana were on sale after they postponed the spring shows. Is that unethical of them to have them happen before the reschedules? No obviously it's not. 
    PJMB, first of all, I'm not the enemy. Just thinking out loud. No different then you. I completely grasp the concept. Other people, you included, have eluded to a fall "indoor tour", or to reschedule the 2020 spring tour to this fall. I get the whole outdoor festival deal believe it or not. That is different than a Fall tour. Ohana and SHN were already on the books, so nice try to deflect. I always respected your post but now not so sure. And the "not grasping the concept" comment is lame. When it turns out I was correct all along you owe me several beers. See you at the beach at Ohana.
    We are all just talking and speculating here though. There really should be no drama if people want to talk about something else happening in 2021. At this point most people in this thread know the easy money for the reschedules is next Feb/Mar/Apr 2022. I doubt you will get anyone on here to argue you with this. There is nothing wrong with speculating on something happening sooner though. I am not sure why you have any issues with this. There a bunch of people here that think they could play this year. This is basing off of what other bands are doing and the fact that we still have not heard a thing from them otherwise. Will it be baseless speculating when we look back at the end of the year? More than likely but it is still a lot of fun to bounce things around with other fans. This thread is more of a wishlist than anything else at this point in time anyways. 

I apologize if the grasping comment was insulting as it was not my intention. Inside vs outside is huge this year for obvious reasons. You think it would not be ethical to play outdoor shows this year ahead of the reschedules. I think if they want to play outdoor shows this year over not doing anything else I will take the outdoor shows all day ahead of the postponed dates. You and I have agreed on a lot of things in the past with shows happening this year and vaccine roll out. This one I am not sure why you land where you do. If the reschedules are coming next year and we can get more shows this year lets take them. 

The OP put 2021 rumours in the title not 2022 hence the speculation for this year. At this point there are so many rumour threads to be honest I do not know which one I am in half the time. One thing is missing though is the rumours. Hopefully we get some real rumours soon or better yet dates to start planning trips for. 

I will buy you a beer for sure in Ohana! Send me a PM if you want to continue this chat. No sense boring everyone else with this. 
  • Options
    DEGBTI said:
    PJNB said:
    DEGBTI said:
    DEGBTI said:
    JR225955 said:
    Jef
    MT
    CR
    SD
    When it turns out I was correct all along you owe me several beers. See you at the beach at Ohana.
    “When it turns out I was correct all along” - dude get over yourself. This is the exact narcissist commenting on this forum since the show cancellations, that I have a problem with. No one is right. No one knows. We’re just excited to get our band back together, and people like you try to shit on the parade. Take your negativity somewhere else. 

And PJNB is correct. This thread is for 2021 not 2022. If you don’t think it’ll happen til 2022, great...just don’t put us 2021 believers in the trash man. There’s such a divide on this forum it’s a joke. Go outside and enjoy life a bit.
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 826
    It was 240 with fees.  If someone just wants to see PJ at an arena show they can pay about half that and get a reserved seat.  Also the tickets were originally 125 and they increased in tranches because they could, not because the show got any better.  So yeah, I think it’s a high price.  I’m not going to miss their first show, but that’s still my opinion.
    $240 with fees is still cheaper than most festivals for two full day lineups. 
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    vedpunk said:
    It sure is. 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    vedpunk said:
    I agree.  I’m just saying there are people who don’t care about any of the bands other than PJ.  They look at this as a PJ show with tax.  From that perspective they are saying to themselves ok, it’s $240 for this PJ show, where I have to stand on the sand all day.  If it’s the only announced PJ show anywhere in the area for 2021 the decision is $240 for that vs not seeing them.  Once more shows are announced, mostly with better amenities, those buyers will be less inclined to buy this one.  I agree that if someone is a fan of the other performers as well the value gets better.  But I predict, if it is legal/possible to sell wristbands after the first day, it will be tough to even get $25 for one.  

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    PJ returns to playing live shows. At the beach. In Bruce's hometown with his wife on the bill.  Avetts are great live. Patti Smith a punk icon.  Curious to hear Dr. Dog and Matt & Kim - they are decent. I dont give two hoots about the cost, the other bands on Sunday, or other PJ shows, this has potential to be a tremendous and memorable day of live music. Definitely not PJ with a tax. 

And in my opinion, the reason people think there may be additional shows in 2021 is because PJ typically does other shows when they perform at festivals and Stone has said that the first order of business will be to fulfill its obligations for those shows that were postponed. 
    There is nothing wrong with positive wishful thinking. 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    I still do not think we get reschedules this year. If we get anything else it will be sheds and/or ballparks. The reason is the safety aspect of it. It seems the band has said outdoor shows are ok for this year and TM has March lined up for 2022 for the reschedules.  Aerosmith cancelled Fenway in September that would be a nice fit for the band to slide into or they could just hit sheds going east to west starting with SHN. Danny Clinch is on record recently saying SHN will be the first show back though so maybe that Fenway idea is just a pipe dream on my part. 

That said July has to be the cut off line for any announcement for the fall. I hope we do not have to wait that long and I also hope if they do have something planned they are generous enough to give us the 2022 reschedule dates along with it if they are all set and ready to go as I think they are pretty close to being. 
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    DEGBTI said:
    PJNB said:
    DEGBTI said:
    DEGBTI said:
    JR225955 said:
    Jef
    MT
    CR
    SD
    When it turns out I was correct all along you owe me several beers. See you at the beach at Ohana.
    “When it turns out I was correct all along” - dude get over yourself. This is the exact narcissist commenting on this forum since the show cancellations, that I have a problem with. No one is right. No one knows. We’re just excited to get our band back together, and people like you try to shit on the parade. Take your negativity somewhere else. 

And PJNB is correct. This thread is for 2021 not 2022. If you don’t think it’ll happen til 2022, great...just don’t put us 2021 believers in the trash man. There’s such a divide on this forum it’s a joke. Go outside and enjoy life a bit.
    dude, it was a joke, geezzzz. I am over myself, not a narcissist at all. That's actually a funny comment if you met me in person and knew what I'm all about. But enough of all this. Problem with the internet is people, myself include, can come off as an ahole when that was never the intention. PJNB, we are 100% good! Lets have a beer in September. Peace and love!
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,314
    PJNB said:
    Of all things to worry about the last on my list is when I’ll see the band again! 
    The last? Thought you were a Pearl Jam fan!

I get it though some people don't need to go back anytime soon while others are itching to get back.
    Been paying dues since April 93! I love this band it’s just that at this juncture there are other things that are more important for me, going to a concert is not one of them..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    stanudesstanudes Baltimore Posts: 117
    Was leaked on a Foo Fighters Facebook group that the Foo Fighters are playing Madison Square Garden on June 20!
    Supposedly to be announced on Monday 😳
  • Options
    stanudes said:
    Was leaked on a Foo Fighters Facebook group that the Foo Fighters are playing Madison Square Garden on June 20!
    That is insane if true. At first I thought oh cool FF are setting up their arena dates for 2022. Then I thought wait a second...
  • Options
    If PJ plays before the border is open I will be gutted.

• Options
    When is the last time pj played a shed in the us/Canada?  2010?
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,935
    mcgruff10 said:
    Bridge School at Mountain View in 2014. Otherwise I think yes. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    BB162610BB162610 Upstate NY Posts: 541
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ20 I think
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,592
    Why not play arenas? We have basketball games going on with 19,000+ people. Do they think they’re preventing something by being the last event to take place?
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    JM144705JM144705 Philadelphia Posts: 429
    stanudes said:
    Wow! Good info. Hope that means a Philly show is announced Monday around that date! 
  • Options
    ComeToTX said:
    Why not play arenas? We have basketball games going on with 19,000+ people. Do they think they’re preventing something by being the last event to take place?
    If a disaster occurs they don’t want it to be because of them.  To be clear, I am not suggesting there would be a disaster.  

• Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,804
    mcgruff10 said:
    2016 I believe 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    D-Rod said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    2016 I believe 
    How many days until Disney Stars on Ice?
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    DEGBTI said:
    DEGBTI said:
    PJNB said:
    DEGBTI said:
    DEGBTI said:
    JR225955 said:
    Jef
    MT
    CR
    SD

XXX