Options

2021 Tour Rumors - Let’s Go!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,632
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    vedpunk said:
    They are waiting for Sea.Hear.Now to sell out before announcing additional dates around the festivals.  Bands that have done this sooner were headliners of festivals that have already sold out or were much larger and will sell out. 
    You have been right in the past. Is this just something that makes sense to you or is there something more to this. 
    I think there’s something more, and I’m really liking my theory of a partial rebook for the Fall 2021 with a few new shows, and the “Pluralone” shows happening in Spring 2022 with some additional new shows at that time as well
    Ya looking at that though Baltimore and NY have to be paired together you would think in the same tour. Also California shows would be split up too which would be odd. Who knows though and maybe we do get some arena shows this year to make 2022 less crowded. Going to be a hell of a return either way!
    They could be, but MSG would also benefit from a 2nd night, and could easily be paired with Apollo, Philly, Hartford, Boston, etc
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,938
    "Join Pearl Jam on the beach and watch them perform at Sea.Hear.Now Festival on Saturday, September 18th in Asbury Park, NJ. Tickets for the two-day event are available for purchase here."

This isn't much of an announcement. I was hoping for at least an acknowledgement that they are working on rescheduling the dates. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,461
    JimmyV said:
    "Join Pearl Jam on the beach and watch them perform at Sea.Hear.Now Festival on Saturday, September 18th in Asbury Park, NJ. Tickets for the two-day event are available for purchase here."

This isn't much of an announcement. I was hoping for at least an acknowledgement that they are working on rescheduling the dates. 
    The earlier post about needing to let the festival sell out first is a very plausible explanation. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,277
    We have a confirmed PJ date in 3.5 months.  If you think back a year or even 6 months, there was a very low chance we’d be able to say that.  This is a great announcement as far as I’m concerned.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,594
    Booked
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    JadlerJadler Posts: 706
    https://variety.com/2021/music/news/danny-clinch-sea-hear-now-fest-pearl-jam-1234987976/

Not that it’s a surprise, but in the article it states “... all the Pearl Jam fans are super excited that this will be their first U.S. show in more than three years.”

So if they do anything in the fall it will be after September it looks like. 
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    on2legs said:
    JimmyV said:

The earlier post about needing to let the festival sell out first is a very plausible explanation. 
    Agreed. I think once SHN sells out, we may see some additional dates.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,198
    mfc2006 said:
    on2legs said:
    JimmyV said:

I’m hoping. $200 per ticket a bit high right now since I only want to see PJ.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    djjazzy276djjazzy276 Posts: 200
    kaw753 said:
    FYI, there is a Judd Apatow produced documentary about the Avett Brothers on one of the streaming services. Definitely not Pearl Jam related music, but very cool guys.
    May It Last: A Portrait of the Avett Brothers. This is an excellent music doc. Highly recommend. And they're one of my favorite live acts and they thankfully tour a LOT so pre pandemic I was seeing them almost once a year. Okay, back to Pearl Jam talk. Hoping a Portland show gets added to whatever run they end up doing.
  • Options
    JR225955JR225955 Posts: 21
    edited June 2021
    So... I'm sure this has probably been covered and I'm just late to the discussion, but now that I imagine we're getting close to hearing new tour dates which will then require me to get my San Diego lodging and vacation plans dialed, I'm digging in.
    If you look here you can see the list of shows - https://www.ticketmaster.com/pearl-jam-tickets/artist/735836
    Then if you look at how each venue is scheduled you get a pretty tight window as to when each show will be rescheduled - not the exact dates for sure - but within a week or two.
    Example - I'm going to the SD show. Viejas Arena has PJ playing between acts that are already set for Dec 5, 2021 and April 5, 2022 - not a super clear range of dates. BUT - if you look at the Ball Arena show that's just before my SD show, that's happening between acts that are set to play Feb 27 and March 16. Then there's the other bookend which is the Scotiabank show which seems to be taking place between March 14 and March 25. So looking at those outlier shows, my show will be between Feb 27 and March 25. But really I can chip away further at those dates as they include the other already scheduled acts' dates and the DEN and ONT shows. So to recap - I'm gonna see PJ in SD in March - 100%... woohoo!
    Jef
    MT
    CR
    SD
    Post edited by JR225955 on
    1995 - San Diego
    2006 - The Gorge
    2011 - San Jose, CR
    2018 - Missoula
    2020- San Diego
    2022 - San Diego
    2022 - Las Vegas
  • Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 927
    JR225955 said:
    So... I'm sure this has probably been covered and I'm just late to the discussion, but now that I imagine we're getting close to hearing new tour dates which will then require me to get my San Diego lodging and vacation plans dialed, I'm digging in.
    If you look here you can see the list of shows - https://www.ticketmaster.com/pearl-jam-tickets/artist/735836
    Then if you look at how each venue is scheduled you get a pretty tight window as to when each show will be rescheduled - not the exact dates for sure - but within a week or two.
    Example - I'm going to the SD show. Viejas Arena has PJ playing between acts that are already set for Dec 5, 2021 and April 5, 2022 - not a super clear range of dates. BUT - if you look at the Ball Arena show that's just before my SD show, that's happening between acts that are set to play Feb 27 and March 16. Then there's the other bookend which is the Scotiabank show which seems to be taking place between March 14 and March 25. So looking at those outlier shows, my show will be between Feb 27 and March 25. But really I can chip away further at those dates as they include the other already scheduled acts' dates and the DEN and ONT shows. So to recap - I'm gonna see PJ in SD in March - 100%... woohoo!
    Jef
    MT
    CR
    SD
    Exactly! March, not this Fall. The postponed spring 2020 show will be spring 2022. Been trying to explain this for a while now. These shows are sold out and money exchanged. Will not have a tour prior. Not ethical. That would be like adding a new 2022 spring tour in Europe while the original 2020 summer tour ticket holders get hosed having to wait till 2022 summer tour. Just not going to happen. 
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,277
    DEGBTI said:
    JR225955 said:
    Jef
    MT
    CR
    SD
    Exactly! March, not this Fall. The postponed spring 2020 show will be spring 2022. Been trying to explain this for a while now. These shows are sold out and money exchanged. Will not have a tour prior. Not ethical. That would be like adding a new 2022 spring tour in Europe while the original 2020 summer tour ticket holders get hosed having to wait till 2022 summer tour. Just not going to happen. 
    Agreed with the exception that if they did some outdoor shows this fall that would be justifiable on the basis of the whole outdoor vs indoor safety thing while covid continues to diminish.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    Jim TresselJim Tressel Posts: 131
    DEGBTI said:
    JR225955 said:
    Jef
    MT
    CR
    SD
    It may not happen but you don’t KNOW that. Not sure why you are pissing on everyone’s parade. I don’t think it would quantify as unethical either. 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,830
    edited June 2021
    JR225955 said:
    Jef
    MT
    CR
    SD
    Nice find on your own! We have a whole thread on it FYI. If you put the city in it populates more shows narrowing the dates down even more. Most shows fall in the Mar 5th-8th timeline. It used to say TBD. Now it says TBA and has Pluralone for some shows as the opener. 

The best bet is obviously winter/spring 2022. Some people are speculating of an outdoor shed tour for 2021 to go with the two festivals. I would have no issue with these shows jumping ahead of the reschedules since it is an outdoors tour and being done due to covid restrictions and arenas likely not being ready for the band yet. Others think that the US arena shows can fit in sometime in the fall after the fests. Both of these can happen. Will they though? I think probably not since no holds or rumours are flying around right now. 

All we really have is QC head of Videotron Centre saying that there is an announcement coming soon for the QC show and it will fall in the Feb-Mar timeline. We also have what you mentioned above for March dates for the reschedules. Thats it. 
  • Options
    FlavafrazFlavafraz Pennsylvania Posts: 410
    If they do 2022 it’s probably because they can’t book all those venues any earlier to make it work. But that doesn’t mean they can’t do a few in the fall or early winter 
  • Options
    BV84003BV84003 Holt, MI Posts: 360
    Last.fm is showing Nashville Bridgestone Arena as being April 2, 2022.

Pretty sure any user can list tour dates in there, so maybe take that with a grain of salt...
    2003 Clarkston MI #2 | 2004 Grand Rapids MI | 2013 London ON | 2014 Detroit MI | 2016 Toronto ON #1
  • Options
    BV84003 said:

Pretty sure any user can list tour dates in there, so maybe take that with a grain of salt...
    That was the date for 2020 as well btw. 
  • Options
    BV84003BV84003 Holt, MI Posts: 360
    PJNB said:
    BV84003 said:

Well that pretty much clears that up then hah  ;)
    2003 Clarkston MI #2 | 2004 Grand Rapids MI | 2013 London ON | 2014 Detroit MI | 2016 Toronto ON #1
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:
    on2legs said:
    JimmyV said:

I’m hoping. $200 per ticket a bit high right now since I only want to see PJ.
    No, you want to see Avett Brothers. You just don’t know it yet. 
    They are a great band writing great songs. 
    They’ve shared the stage with Chris Cornell as well. If you end up not liking their music, at least YouTube them with Chris. Hard not to love it 
  • Options
    BV84003 said:
    PJNB said:
    BV84003 said:

Well that pretty much clears that up then hah  ;)
    Keep digging! Something has to pop soon. 
  • Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 927
    DEGBTI said:
    JR225955 said:
    Jef
    MT
    CR
    SD
    It may not happen but you don’t KNOW that. Not sure why you are pissing on everyone’s parade. I don’t think it would quantify as unethical either. 
    you are correct, I dont KNOW that. And not meaning to piss on everyone's parade either. Just stating the obvious, at least to me. I guess I am more of a factual type than a dreamer. As far as ethical, when you barrow money from someone you typically pay them back first, just sayin. 
  • Options
    DEGBTI said:
    DEGBTI said:
    JR225955 said:
    Jef
    MT
    CR
    SD
    you are correct, I dont KNOW that. And not meaning to piss on everyone's parade either. Just stating the obvious, at least to me. I guess I am more of a factual type than a dreamer. As far as ethical, when you barrow money from someone you typically pay them back first, just sayin. 
    Its like you are not grasping the concept of indoor shows vs outdoor shows for some reason. No one is saying they are putting on a full indoor tour that does not include the reschedules. Also SHN and Ohana were on sale after they postponed the spring shows. Is that unethical of them to have them happen before the reschedules? No obviously it's not. 
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,632
    Let’s get these last few SHN tickets sold out so we can get some dates 
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    kotton_crownkotton_crown Posts: 211
    The unethical take makes no sense. You’ve been able to get a refund for over a year now.
  • Options
    The unethical take makes no sense. You’ve been able to get a refund for over a year now.
    I agree.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,551
    So where is the fabled northeast contingent at?   How is SHN not sold out?
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,938
    So where is the fabled northeast contingent at?   How is SHN not sold out?
    Can't speak for anyone else but I'm not ready for a festival in New Jersey. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,461
    Let’s get these last few SHN tickets sold out so we can get some dates 
    Here, here!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    chilisuarezchilisuarez USA / Canada Posts: 110
    I think the reason SHN hasn't sold out is that there isn't a one day ticket available. If they put single day tickets up for sure Pearl Jam's night will sell out very quick. 
  • Options
    I think the reason SHN hasn't sold out is that there isn't a one day ticket available. If they put single day tickets up for sure Pearl Jam's night will sell out very quick. 
    Yup. 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com