Options

Spring Tour Postponed - Letter from the Band

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,608
    They really had to do it, given the circumstances right now. Too bad, but the right choice.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    ryanphishesryanphishes Posts: 586
    curveball'd
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    hedonist said:
    It’s sad with some of the responses on here. The band made the right call. Some of you need to have your heads examined. It’s a concert, they will make it up. People’s safety should be #1. What happened to basic human compassion?
    Gone.  Some’s true colors are a lot...different...than what I thought. 
    anyone in particular? i see a couple wackos and some others who have differing opinions. 

i just personally believe this is very reactionary and unnecessary at this point in time. they made the call, it's fine, hopefully i can make the make up date. no need for such harsh character judgment. 
    Not biting on calling anyone out specifically.

But yeah, while I understand and feel disappointment, I don't get some of the over-the-top reactions and callousness.
  • Options
    A smart decision for everyone's well being. I truly believe Ed and the band are just as disappointed as we are. This was going to be a great leg. But there is time. Will be here before we know it ✌
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 3,957
    poison said:
    I can’t believe team ED is going to blame the government as part of the reasoning for canceling the tour. What a joke you’ve become and I mean that from the bottom of my heart. Learn when to leave politics at the door for once in your freaking life dude. 

1. He/they are not wrong. The GOP (with Trump signing off on it) slashed the CDC budget by 80% in 2018. That's not politics, that gross negligence. And now people are going to die because of it. Don't even think about going down this road right now, chief. Read the freakin' room.

2. Go find a new band, if you're so sore. I hear Kid Rock's fan club has low seniority...
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,149
    I’m just glad it’s “postponed” and not “cancelled.” They’re taking care of us and tickets will be honored.  That’s awesome.  The tour probably won’t look like it did when they finally get around to playing it, and some shows I’m guessing will be cancelled outright, but the fact that they’re planning on making these up is awesome to hear.  I have a few thousand in this thing that I’m going to eat but life goes on... with this postponement maybe a little bit longer!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    EH14457 said:
    Thank you. 100% the right call.

Also 100% appropriate to bring the government's response into this since a more capable administration and better preventative measures might have better mitigated the potential for this postponement. To anybody bringing transmission rates, recovery rates, growth rates from other countries into the equation, please look at the lengths those countries are going to, including-for starters-acknowledging the scale of the problem. What's happening in the US right now is an embarrassment and will unfortunately lead to a more sustained period of exponential growth. Nobody knows how bad this is in the States right now but it's nearly guaranteed to get much worse before it gets better.

I appreciate the band looking out for us. Cheers!
    Thank you to EH14457 for contributing a clear, concise, apolitical response and to the other contributors who have tried to separate what the band wrote from what others have interpreted.

Yes!
  • Options
    Go Animal said:
    poison said:
    I can’t believe team ED is going to blame the government as part of the reasoning for canceling the tour. What a joke you’ve become and I mean that from the bottom of my heart. Learn when to leave politics at the door for once in your freaking life dude. 

1. He/they are not wrong. The GOP (with Trump signing off on it) slashed the CDC budget by 80% in 2018. That's not politics, that gross negligence. And now people are going to die because of it. Don't even think about going down this road right now, chief. Read the freakin' room.

2. Go find a new band, if you're so sore. I hear Kid Rock's fan club has low seniority...

✌👍🤘🤘
  • Options
    This is not the right decision.  They are making matters worse by affecting jobs these shows create.  The hype and hysteria over this is insane.  People are dying of the flu at an exponentially higher rate yet this is what we're left with lol. Way to buy into guys. Just another election year scare. Go back and look in the past if you need proof this is overblown. 
    Dolt.
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• Options
    "Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight!"
  • Options
    poison said:

Nope. Not gonna let your BS fly. When the idiot keeps getting on TV saying how great of a job he’s doing with everything, meanwhile muting the ACTUAL science...and people are coughing themselves to death all over the planet....they absolutely picked the right time to call out what this administration is failing at. 
    Damn right.

• Options
    Go Animal said:
    poison said:

Nope. Not gonna let your BS fly. When the idiot keeps getting on TV saying how great of a job he’s doing with everything, meanwhile muting the ACTUAL science...and people are coughing themselves to death all over the planet....they absolutely picked the right time to call out what this administration is failing at. 
    Damn right.
    🙌 🙌
  • Options
    pjalive21 said:
    Hey @PearlJam why didnt you cancel shows over the AIDS epidemic???
    On behalf of everyone on here with a sense of decency: f*** off.

You're out of the fandom. You're not welcome here any more. Bye.

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,934
    Coachella postponed as well. NBA and NHL are next.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,149
    edited March 2020
    by the way, so at least everyone knows, TRUMP DID NOT MAKE CUTS TO THE CDC. THIS IS FALSE AND HAD BEEN PROVEN FALSE SEVERAL WEEKS AGO.  The administration had proposals to do so, but they’ve never been passed. It is a complete fabrication of the truth.

god damn.  Regardless of which side you fall on, at least do your damn homework before attempting to argue on a forum.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/03/democrats-misleading-coronavirus-claims/
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    Go Animal said:
    pjalive21 said:
    Hey @PearlJam why didnt you cancel shows over the AIDS epidemic???
    On behalf of everyone on here with a sense of decency: f*** off.

You're out of the fandom. You're not welcome here any more. Bye.
    🔥🔥 Agreed, FOH
  • Options
    SS105464SS105464 Posts: 29
    The biggest virus in this thread is Trump Derangement Syndrome.  The current government task force includes CDC virologist and Director, Robert Redfield, and Anthony Fauci, a top immunologist.  It is beyond pathetic that people here are bringing politics into this and blaming the President for a worldwide pandemic.  I suppose I better not call this the "Wuhan Virus" or I will be labelled a "racist" and Xenophobe!  
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,934
    This really isn't an incorrect statement:

"It certainly hasn’t helped that there’s been no clear messages from our government regarding people’s safety and our ability to go to work. Having no examples of our national health department’s ability to get ahead of this, we have no reason to believe that it will be under control in the coming weeks ahead."

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

"It certainly hasn’t helped that there’s been no clear messages from our government regarding people’s safety and our ability to go to work. Having no examples of our national health department’s ability to get ahead of this, we have no reason to believe that it will be under control in the coming weeks ahead."

Wouldn't even call it "propaganda." It's the truth.
  • Options
    C D NC D N Posts: 29
    Sounds, like the inside scoop has been released. All flight will be canceled shortly. However if the airlines don't honor a refund based on the public outcry. Then we have issues as people. Time to Wake up for them, instead of, putting us on! Time for the department of health and government, to issue Levy's on hazardous travel. It is in all our interests, for the day! 

I will get 70 shows out of the first leg. Have, the first four shows of the 1st leg upcoming. How, could I manage this beats the shit out of me. But I am was going and always will. 

Let the next week's and months carry out, the decision be excepted. 

I wish I was a forty,
    A forty foot right and left
    That rode us to shore
    That breaks the.
    the the the

Tidal wave of 
    The 

• Options
    WashmyLUVWashmyLUV Posts: 102
    Choska said:
    WashmyLUV said:
    WashmyLUV said:
    I'm bummed. Damn. I get it but I'm still sad. It took a lot of planning, saving and long hours at work to make the show in Nashville happen. I'm still going. I have been looking forward to visiting Nashville and can't afford to cancel. I'm hoping I will be issued a refund rather than validating my tickets for an upcoming postponed show. There is no way I can make that happen.
    my wife is wondering, if our flights can't be refunded, if we should still make the trip to ottawa. we won't be able to go twice, and if we already paid once.....she's at a conference in toronto right now, she says the place is a creep-fest with everyone wearing surgical masks.
    I know. I will be so disapointed if I go to Nashville and the bars and streets are empty! That would suck.
    Going to Nashville when it isn't overrun with tourists? Sounds wonderful. You'd have the city to yourself. Just you and the locals with no waiting at the bar!
    Thanks! I needed to hear that! I have been super stoked to get to Nashville!
  • Options
    SS105464SS105464 Posts: 29
    JimmyV said:

There is no clear message from OUR government nor from any other government in any other country in the world.  No one knows enough about how this virus spreads and how to quickly diagnose people who contract it.  To point fingers at our government at this stage is absurd.  Should the people of Italy revolt because their government failed to stop a huge spread of the disease?  Putting blame really shows how divided the U.S. is, and that so many people are letting politics ruin one of the best countries in the world.  I don't know if this world will ever recover from all the hate that is generated daily.
  • Options
    LukinAtULukinAtU Posts: 725
    edited March 2020
    Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.

Post edited by LukinAtU on
  • Options
    MC185899MC185899 Posts: 76
    FUCK
    I agree. Stupid virus 
    it's so overblown. i just knew this was going to fuck things up. fuck. i hope my flight cost isn't down the drain. i never get to travel for this band. 
    Yeah gotta work on flights and hotels. It fit into my daughter schedule. Got GA in SD with my friend from LA. With all the talk I was concerned. This is just a major bummer. 
    i've been saying people's reaction to this is overblown since the beginning. not just because it fucks my pearl jam plans. i'm sick of everyone going apeshit over stuff like this. it's stupid. media driven BS. and all because that fucktard in the white house can't wipe his own ass, nevermind get a proper response ready. 

I don’t understand this.  What did our government get wrong?  Travel to China was stopped back in January when people like you were saying it was “racist” to do that.  

I can only imagine how much worse things would have gotten without that move.  What more do you want?  Our government has done fine.  Let’s put the blame where it belongs: China. 
  • Options
    GabeGabe Posts: 1
    I'm so fuckin pissed! This virus is not going away anytime soon maybe two years or might be a seasonal virus, either way people including PJ need to get a grip on the bill shit fear of the virus.

If anyone got a hotel with hotwire give them a call and ask for a refund. I just got off the phone with them and explained the situation concerning the Corona virus. Hotwire called the hotel and I got a full refund. 
    Gabe M
  • Options
    MC185899MC185899 Posts: 76
    edited March 2020
    Post deleted
    Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    SS105464 said:
    JimmyV said:

There is no clear message from OUR government nor from any other government in any other country in the world.  No one knows enough about how this virus spreads and how to quickly diagnose people who contract it.  To point fingers at our government at this stage is absurd.  Should the people of Italy revolt because their government failed to stop a huge spread of the disease?  Putting blame really shows how divided the U.S. is, and that so many people are letting politics ruin one of the best countries in the world.  I don't know if this world will ever recover from all the hate that is generated daily.
    Maybe if the fucking POTUS didn't lie or exaggerate about fucking EVERYTHING people would cut him a little slack.

This is what happens when you choose to bullshit nonstop, alienate everyone in the goddamn country that doesn't support you for 3 years, and call anyone that has the audacity to say anything negative about you "fake news" 

When shit like this happens, no one is willing to give you one shred of one doubt.

He has done this all to himself.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,360
    edited March 2020
    Post deleted
    Post edited by Sea on
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,344
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98